+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

shaggz Guest

SCAM OFFERS - Cheat and Eat Diet, and White Over Night -- MUST READ!

I signed up for Cheat and Eat Diet at Xbox3604free.com when I did a referral swap with someone over at ReferralSwapper, it credited (greened) in 1 day.

I signed up on 2/5/2006, 14-day trial right? --- yeah right!

I emailed [email protected] to cancel, as stated on their website. No reply after 5 days, tried emailing again and my emails actually bounced! -- I found their parent company Novapointe. I contacted them at [email protected], I asked them to cancel my Auto-Ship.

I got a reply back from them in 1 day from:
    Diana Ramirez - [email protected]

Thank you for your email. You will be charged for the 60 day supply. As it states on the website if you decide you do not wish to receive your next 60-day supply, simply contact us 30 days before your next 60-day supply is due to be shipped. Also there are no refunds on the auto ship program. If you have any questions please contact us at 909-930-3060. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Cheat and Eat Customer Care
    -------------------------------------

Get this!, I got that email, then instantly called her not even 2 minutes later, Ring ***** RING ...... Voicemail. I left my cell phone for them to call me back, this was on 2/15/2006. No Call Back, I also responded to her email saying the following:

do not want to recieve the Next 60-day supply, so please cancel my auto-ship.

Please provide me with an RNA number so when my first 60-day supply arrives I can return it (unopened) and get 100% Credit for the original order of $99.95 (as stated on your website), I understand I will not be credited for any shipping fees. ( 1.95 original, and 6.95 for 60-day supply)

I tried calling the number right after you sent me the email, was on hold for awhile, then went to voicemail box, I left a message with my cell number. here it is again if you have any furthur questions. ###-###-####
    Thanks,
    Ken
    -------------------

(Statement on there website I was referring to:

Please note: there are no refunds on the Autoship Program...HOWEVER, you can always return your unopened bottle, "signature required", for a product credit worth 100% of your original order less the shipping and handling.)

GUESS what, My trial ends on 2/19/2006, I recieved a charge on my Paypal MasterCard/Debit Card for $106.97 today 2/17/2006.

let's just say I filed a complaint with the BBB, here is the link for anyone else who needs to: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...D=13090536&sm=

I also sent a comment/suggestion to xbox3604free.com to remove the cheat and eat diet and gave him this entire consensus and what i've been through, so hopefully OfferCentric will remove the offer from their sites!

After the email I recieved from the lady at novapointe, I made sure my paypal account didn't have more then $50.00 in it, so the charge would be denied. --- My Plan worked, because it was denied. So hopefully I can get the BBB to resolve my issue and I'll just keep my Paypal account below $100.00 until it's resolved.

--- Then just minutes ago I just recieved this from Diana as a reply to my email i sent back to her.

It states 100% of product credit meaning you can return the product back and exchange it for another item we have which is the WhiteOverNite it is a teeth whiting product.
    ----------------

- This to me is a slimy way of making people think they can get their money back by sending the unopened product back to them.

That is so misleading! Hopefully my claim to the BBB goes through quick, I may call and tell paypal I lost my Debit Card, to re-issue me another one. Since I heard they just keep charging you over and over.

One thing I also wanted to just Point out on the Cheat and Eat Diet website.

This is what it says on there website:

The Auto-Ship Service is not only FREE - you will receive a discounted Shipping & Handling fee of only 6.95.

I authorize the charge for my free supply plus shipping of $1.95. I also authorize to be charged for the autoship program of $99.95 plus $6.95 shipping. For my convenience please delay the autoship charge of $99.95 plus $6.95 to within 14 day of my first charge of $1.95.

How the Heck can they say two different things that contradict themselves!

One Paragraph states --- Auto-Ship Service is not only FREE

Next Paragraph states --- I also authorize to be charged for the autoship program of $99.95

There is also an ongoing thread on this company with a ton of others who have been scammed by these bastages --
    http://www.anything4free.com/forums/...howtopic=43166
    Last edited by shaggz; 02-17-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Re: SCAM OFFERS - Cheat and Eat Diet, and White Over Night -- MUST READ!

Their t.erms state:

Within fourteen days of placing your order, you will automatically be shipped a 60-day supply of Cheat and Eat Dietâ„¢ and billed $99.95 plus shipping to your card. We know that you will feel this is the best money you ever spent.

... and ...

I authorize the charge for my free supply plus shipping of $1.95. I also authorize to be charged for the autoship program of $99.95 plus $6.95 shipping. For my convenience please delay the autoship charge of $99.95 plus $6.95 to within 14 day of my first charge of $1.95.

It appears that they charge *within* 14 days of when you ordered, not 14 days *after* you ordered.
    Last edited by bonsai; 02-17-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Avoid at all costs...

these guys are scammers and idiots to boot. I think you need to file your complaint against Skyfission LLC. Novapointe is apparently just a 'shipping service' even though it's quite obvious it's still the same company. Check your bill and see who charged you. BTW, here's the info for skyfission

Skyfission, LLC
    10808 Foothill Blvd. STE 160-440
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    Phone: (909) 930-3060

Stay away!!!!!!!!!

shaggz Guest

Here is the first charge:
    Debit Card Purchase To SKYFISSION LLC 909-9303060 CA
    Feb. 5, 2006 Completed
    Details -$1.95 USD

------

Here is the second:
    Debit Card Purchase To Cheat and Eat 909-9303060 CA
    Feb. 17, 2006 Denied
    Details -$106.90 USD

So no turning white overnight for me? :(

$100 Gas card - Your Gift Cards - 1/1 Recieved (Visa) - 07-24-06
    $50 Gift Card - The Useful - 1/1 Recieved ($75) - 03-27-06
    $50 Walmart Gift Card - 50DollarGiftCard - 1/1 Recieved - 04-03-06
    Xbox 360 - Gadget City - 4/4 Received ($300 gift card) - 05-01-06
    42" Plasma - Every Free Gift - 6/6 Recieved ($1000 check) - 07-06-06
    TIVO+Samsung 30" HDTV - Must Have Free Gifts - 3/3 Recieved ($950 check) - 12-08-06

Cheap Lunch Total: $2475

Quote Originally Posted by shaggz
    Here is the first charge:
    Debit Card Purchase To SKYFISSION LLC 909-9303060 CA
    Feb. 5, 2006 Completed
    Details -$1.95 USD

------

Here is the second:
    Debit Card Purchase To Cheat and Eat 909-9303060 CA
    Feb. 17, 2006 Denied
    Details -$106.90 USD
    Feb. 17th = "within" 14 days of Feb. 5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai
    Feb. 17th = "within" 14 days of Feb. 5 ...
    It also says 'Free Trial', I think we can all agree a 60+ day supply at 99.95 is hardly free and I doubt anyone would consider that a trial.

They've apparently changed up their Terms since the last time I checked them, but it's pretty clear they intend to mislead. When I signed up, the opening line said 'I understand that this bottle is completely FREE, I only pay 1.95 shipping'. Now they've changed it to 'Yes, I'm excited!'. They also had phrases like 'we won't send anything out for 14 days, that way you have 7 days for the FREE bottle to arrive and 7 days to try it out'. It still had the 'you can cancel your NEXT (60 day) shipment'... but it was clear then and it's still clear now they're hoping/expecting you won't read the fine print.

Whether or not those of us who didn't read carefully enough the first time around really isn't the issue though. Basically, all should just stay away from these guys... unless of course you're looking to spend $100 on their miracle _____ system.

Quote Originally Posted by jsavagemd
    It also says 'Free Trial', I think we can all agree a 60+ day supply at 99.95 is hardly free and I doubt anyone would consider that a trial.

They've apparently changed up their Terms since the last time I checked them, but it's pretty clear they intend to mislead. When I signed up, the opening line said 'I understand that this bottle is completely FREE, I only pay 1.95 shipping'. Now they've changed it to 'Yes, I'm excited!'. They also had phrases like 'we won't send anything out for 14 days, that way you have 7 days for the FREE bottle to arrive and 7 days to try it out'. It still had the 'you can cancel your NEXT (60 day) shipment'... but it was clear then and it's still clear now they're hoping/expecting you won't read the fine print.

Whether or not those of us who didn't read carefully enough the first time around really isn't the issue though. Basically, all should just stay away from these guys... unless of course you're looking to spend $100 on their miracle _____ system.
    Oh, I agree that it's shady as hell, I was just pointing out that "officially" - they are following their own t.erms.

The t.erms posted above were edited from the previous ones, FYI.

this was posted before, unfortunately. This company is absolutely a nightmare, and you need to "try" them out with a card that you can control, such as a prepaid one.

BlazedMarketing Guest

Hey Everyone,

I as well am in the EXACT same situation. Charge $100+ for the 60 day supply, after sending an email to [email protected] and getting NO reply.

Just so you all know, I have my Attorney contacting me back today in regards to this. And, I may even have the attorny contact Skyfission/NovaPointe. (I am more than likely going to do that.)

The "Terms and Conditions" are both vague AND contradictory, which negates law! If anyone wants to hear more about what I find out from my attorney, just hit me up on a PM with your email, and I will get you the information!

Untill then, I am just waiting to hear back from my attorney.

BlazedMarketing Guest

Oh, I ALSO live not more than 20 mins from their facilities.

Cheat and Eat (and NovaPointe)
    -------------------------------
    2060 E Francis St.
    Ontario, CA 91761

SkyFission LLC
    --------------
    10808 Foothill Blvd. Ste. 160-440
    Ranch Cucamonga, CA 91730

So, I may be paying them a visit! I will let anyone know the outcome of that as well.

What is "contradictory" in their terms?

BlazedMarketing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai
    What is "contradictory" in their terms?
    Well, to start off, in regards to a paragraph in their ToS that states the following:

This paragraph has just recently been added to their ToS, as it was not initially in there when I, and others, made this purchase of the "Free Trial."

Secondly there are a few things to point out.

1. Theire ToS says a shipping and handeling fee of $1.95. Yet my CC was charged $3.95. Then when they charged me for the first 60day supply, I was charged $115.15. If you do the math, they say you will be charged $99.95 for the supply and $6.95 for the S&H. That, on my calculator, adds up to $106.90

2. In their ToS they have the following statement (Emphasis added):

CANCELLING:
    If after trying Cheat and Eat Dietâ„¢, you decide you do not wish to receive your next 60-day supply, simply contact us 30 days before your next 60-day supply is due to be shipped. It is as easy as that. Simply e-mail Customer Service at [email protected] You will receive an auto-reply with further details on how to cancel.

This statement is what I was refering to as bit contradictory. The fact that they added the paragraph (that I stated initially) at the END of their ToS is a bit misleading. They put you under the impression, at first, that you will be signed up to this "Autoship Program," but then are told that if you want to cancel that autoship program you can email them at the address provided 30 days before the 60day supply is sent out.

Now I know that the ASSUMPTION is there that you are aware that the FIRST 60day supply is mandetory, and that you can only cancel the second one. But, that realization is hard to come to (and they know that) by having their ToS ordered like they do. They make you feel that you can cancel by emailing them before a 60day supply is sent. And then they tell you that you are authorizing them to make those payments. (which, to most people, they are thinking that this is what they can cancel out of!)

And 3. This company is offering a Free "TRIAL". And, although I have not yet looked up the legal definition of the word "Trial," this term is usualyl used for a "No Obligation" Transaction. You can't offer a "Trial" that has NO period of assesment before they charge you for their product. The only way they could do this is if they didn't call it a "Trial." But that is not the case.

Anyways.... This is what I meeant. And the following post I am going to make (right after this one) is the exact post I made on Anything4Free.com's forum, which has a Thread going about the same situation.

-Tyler

BlazedMarketing Guest

Here is the EXACT Post I made on the Anything4Free.com Forum Thread that is regardign this issue:

Hey Everyone...

I have also been 'dooped' by this company as well. My situation is as follows:

I signed up on Jan 21, 2006 (for the "Free Trial"). When I signed up, the terms of service did not include the paragraph: "I authorize the charge for my free supply plus shipping of $1.95. I also authorize for the autoship..." (We all have seen this paragraph, and know it's been added JUST recently)

Anyways, this has been my actions so far...

I contacted the company and left a message. Got a call back from someone who told me the same thing that everyone else has heard. I asked to speak with her manager and she told me that the lady was out ofr the day. So I told this woman to have her manager call me back the next day. (No call back, of course)

So, I have tried to get a hold of the company, like everyone else, getting the same result. Either a receptionist at NovaPointe or a voicemail service.

So, i finally called back and asked the receptionist hern name. It was Diane. I asked her why I kept getting the voicemail. She told me it was due to them getting calls all day and they were all probably on the phone. (Those were her words). She informed me to leave a message and wait for a call back. I told her that I had done this and gotten no call back. So she repeated herself (to leave a message and that I have to wait.)

So I flat out told her, "What your saying to me is that you allow your customers to call in and leave messages, which you have no intention of returning so that the Statute of Limitations run out. Is that basically it?" She didn't know how to respond to that. So I basically told her that I will be starting a Class-Action lawsuit against Cheat & Eat AND NovaPointe since they have the SAME address. She tried to tell me that the reason for that is that NovaPointe ships the products, but ISN'T Cheat & Eat themselves.

I then informed her that I would be having my attorney contact her, and hung up.

I HAVE contacted my attorney and was told that I must first file a claim with my CC company to start the paper trail, to show that I am exhausting all my legal remedies. So, I contacted my CC company and spoke with a VERY kind woman and she was VERY understanding. She told me that I would NOT be liable for the charge, at least, while the investigation process was being undertaken. She also told me to fax over all the information I had just told her AND any info regarding the company.

So, I have taken Print Screens of the Cheat & Eat website (unfortunately it's the one with that added ToS paragraph in it and not the original ToS statement.) I will be sending these and my written statement to my CC company and let them deal with that issue.

After that I will contact my attorney back and will have her contact NovaPointe/Cheat&Eat (Either by phone or letter, or both). And I will see what that does. I will also be Print Screening ALL of these forum posts and keeping them on file so I can talk to my attorney about starting a Class Action Lawsuit.

Everyone here IS correct on filing compliants with places such as the BBB. This will get the ball rolling. My attorney even said to file complaints with the Attorney General! However, even if all these complaints DO get acted upon, it won't get any of our money back. All it will do is either put a HEFTY fine on NovaPointe/Cheat&Eat and/or get them shut down. And any monies that are collectedas fine will go to the Govt.

This is why I am very interested in starting a Class-Action. All it takes is one person to file it, but obviously we have quite a few people in this situation that are known (and on here posting). I am sure there a quite a bit more that aren't known. But, usually the process that occurs when a Class-Action suit is placed is that the records will be audited, for the company, back 3years!

So, if ANYONE is interested in going in on this Class-Action suit OR if any of you are interested in the actions that I take against this company and my outcome. You can email me at the email I'll provide below.

I actually live in San Bernardino, Ca., which is no more than 20minutes from their "supposed" address. I know I saw someone else on here is ALSO from the area and, if he/she has not already gone down to the establishment, I would be more than happy to meet him/her there so we can approach them with more than one person.

Just so anyone wants to know, I currently work a job where I am auditing and enforcing Labor Laws/Contracts, so legal research is what I do. So, I will be also be looking further into the possibility here of False Advertisement for the fact that they are offering a Free "TRIAL." Yet this trial is not a "no obligation" situation.

Anyways, this is just my two cents on this situation. But, I must say to everyone, you all MUST be ready to put this one in the "Money Lost" category. For NOTHING is guaranteed in law. Law is only as good as the person who interprets it. So, it may come back where we are all told that the companies ToS is fine and that we are all screwed. Just be understanding of that. I know it sucks, but that IS life.

But, if we persue, we MAY just hit this one on the nose!

Anyways, here is my contact info.
    Tyler R.
    Email: [email protected] (This one is prefered for this issue)
    OR: [email protected]

i too have been scammed by white over nite please email me at [email protected] if any actions are taken against them or how i can help

17. 02-22-2006, 01:41 AM