+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: SCAM OFFERS - Cheat and Eat Diet, and White Over Night -- MUST READ!

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenC417
    Hi, I signed up for this offer through either pandaresearch.com or getpaidtotry.com which these are probably scams too. I forget which one and I am sorry I signed up for anything. I wish I had the details saved from the original offer. I still have the products they send me and the thing about how to use it. I thought it seemed like a good offer. I got the item in the mail and I had assumed I'd be getting ONE because it was a FREE TRAIL. Imagine my surprise when I receive two more in the mail without being send any e-mail asking if I wanted to cancel. Get This. I get my American Express bill in the mail and there are two different charges from a company I never heard of called Cheat and Eat. I assumed I was doing business with White OverNight not Cheat and Eat. There is a charge for one day 2-3-06 for 3.95 and another charge 2-9-06 for 106.90 which is way more than I had anticipated. I filed a dispute against the charge online. I'm not paying it. I refuse to pay. It's very misleading to assume you are doing business with one company and find out it is a company under another name. And I'm calling American Express and getting them to block this company before they charge anything else to my account. I am also unsubscribing to everything thing. It's very misleading. I AM VERY ANGRY! The product I had signed up for was nothing like what I thought they were going to send me. I only wish I had found this sight before I signed up. Now I am stuck trying to figure out how to deal with this situation.
    Panda research actually pays?

Quote Originally Posted by hallagirl927
    i was wondering about the fda thing, too. if i paid for something i believed to be fda approved, as the company claimed, i don't see how i can be liable for the charges for something i've not recieved. if we really want to get technical, i STILL have not recieved the product i ordered which was FDA approved. what do you think?
    I'd be careful on the FDA approved thing. They probably don't produce their own product, just buy it in bulk and resell it. There are lots of companies that do that with teeth whitener. But usually it goes for $10 if you know where to look, instead of $100

whiteovernite.com is a great scam artist. They also go under White Smile Dental, or Great White Smile, and first charged my credit card under Skyfission.com.

Good job, you guys. Tyler has the right idea. I don't know why no one has mentioned the FTC. I've filed complaints with them, and I hear companies hate it when you do that. I think I'm out 213.80. Naturally, I canceled the card they charged from, and disputed it (the dispute might just be a temporary credit). I think we're all out the bucks, and short of sticking a water hose through a window in Ontario California, I don't see much justice happening. The world has been saturated with scum in recent history; scamovernight is just one example. I would work on the CONSCIENCE of the employees with whom you have contact. Reminding them they they are as worthless as a pile of defecation and that they might have contributed more to earth by being drowned at birth may give us warm, fuzzy feelings. I hope they rot in hell.

Here is the form response from the Federal Trade Commission:

Thank you for visiting the FTC's web page and for using our NEW electronic Talk To Us form. Here's what happened to your information after you sent it to us:
    One of our consumer counselors reviewed the information you sent us. If it was related to the FTC's law enforcement responsibilities, we entered it into our shared law enforcement data system. We share this data system with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States and Canada. Attached is your electronic response, which includes your reference number. Any enclosures can be found at www.FTC.GOV under the News Releases, Publications, Speeches option.
    Information from consumers like you helps Federal, State and Local authorities investigate possible illegal practices and enforce our laws. Someone from the Federal Trade Commission or another law enforcement agency may contact you if they need additional information to help them in an investigation.
    Thank you for using our Talk To Us form, and please continue to use the FTC's web page, www.ftc.gov, to get free information to help you avoid costly consumer problems.

I filed with the FBI and got sort of the same response you got from FTC. Today I will do the forms to report this guy to other agencies.

Federal Trade Commission
    http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/consumer.htm

FBI
    www.ic3.gov

California Attorney General's Office
    http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.htm

This is where Joe Gioeli is registered
    CA Sec. of State

Mailing Address:
    Secretary of State
    Document Filing Support Unit
    P.O. Box 944228
    Sacramento, CA 94244-2280

Phone Number:
    (916) 657-5448

Since this guy has no conscience about screwing
    the public, I'll bet he screws on his taxes too!
    How bout suggesting an audit on him?

www.irs.gov

www.ftb.ca.gov

www.boe.ca.gov
    The above is where sales taxes are to be paid
    and yes they DO AUDITS!

I too have been ripped off by this company. They keep debiting my account and I had to cancel my card. I am doing research on this company. I do not want them "just" shut down. I want Joseph Gieoli arrested. Please help me and make calls.
    He is stealing from people's bank accts. I have proof that I cancelled on 3/1/06, yet keep getting charged $115.15. Twice in May!!

NovaPointe LLC
    Joseph Gieoli = Agent for Service of Process (Sue him!)
    2060 E. Francis St.
    Ontario, CA 91761

Phone # 1-800-566-0959
    Fax # 909-947-3653

AKA Skyfission LLC
    10808 Foothill Blvd.
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Joseph's home address may be
    13438 Redwood Dr. #160-440
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

Ontario Police Dept. = 909-988-6481
    WE HAVE PROBABLE CAUSE FOR AN ARREST

I am pretty sure anyone who's been around the freebie scence for a while would know not to use your real credit card for these offers thanks to my buddy luca i learnt how to do these freebie site the good way so you don't loose money. But even with a prepaid card these company are sneaky i got scamed out of 85.00 by whiteovernite next time i'll pay more attention to the terms of the website. I hope you do the same in the meantime if i find a way to burn those *****es i'll let ya know.

The prepaid card customer service i used told me that i can dispute the charge cause i authorized it so unless they take it back i'm [email protected]

GMAN206 Guest

ultimate marketer tool box highly rated this will suppliment your income visit for free information NOT!! NICE TRY TROLL! BANNED!
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 05-31-2006 at 06:14 PM.

GMAN206 Guest

EARN 500.00 A DAY ULTIMATE MARKETERS TOOL BOX WILL HELP PEOPLE IN NEED BETTER THAN THE JOB MARKET STOP BY
    STRIKE 1, STRIKE 2, STRIKE 3! YOUR OTTA HERE TROLL! BANNED! NICE TRY BY THE WAY....
    Last edited by saturnsc2; 05-31-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Hi,
    I am a legal assistant at a consumer rights law firm and we are researching this issue. If you are interested in speaking with a lawyer about any money you feel that you are owed by this company, please contact me as soon as possible [email protected]. Thanks

I just got my credit card statement with a $14.95 charge to "Dream Smile 8005660959 CA".
    I have no idea what this is for. I never ordered anything from or know of Dream Smile.
    I called my credit card and they said to call the phone No. listed on the transaction. It's the above 800 No. and was answered by a machine asking for my card No. (nothing else, not even what card I have or why I was calling) I entered my 16 digit credit card No. and it repeated "Please what, processing your No." then said: "Your charge has been refunded" - - - Ya, right!
    I called my card company back and they told me to close my card, it looks like "Your card number has been compromised". My bank will send me a new one card in about 10 days and they (VISA) will send me a dispute form.
    After I hung up, I Goggled "Dream Smile" and "800 566 0959" and found a rate the offers site with not so good news about "White Over Night" and Joe Gioeli. You don't have to be a member to post there and there's a lot of Spam posts for meds etc. and even an suspicious one that just said "very good" all others had sad faces and nothing good to say about "White Over Night" It was because of several of the posts naming Joe Gioeli and that 800 number that I ended up here at: Scam.Com.

WARNING! - It looks like "Dream Smile" and "White Over Night" have an 800 number and the name Joe Gioeli in common.

I have no idea how they got my card number.
    I never clicked on or ordered any product online on the date the transaction was posted - or any time within the last month for that matter and have never dealt with any company involved in teeth whitening. Maybe they have a way of linking to sites I have (secure?) info stored on and do business with, I don't know. Cookies ? Clicked on Pop-ups ??? I don't store my credit card number on my computer and "clean house" of cookies etc. regularly.
    Again, I don't know how they got my card number and THIS SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME AND HAS CAUSED ME TO LOSE ALL CONFIDENCE IN ORDERING ONLINE. Secure ?, I don't think so.
    I'd like to warn anyone else who reads this post and gets a charge like this on their statement - from "Dream Smile" or ? - to call and cancel their credit card immediately!
    I'm writing this 12/27/06 and looking back at past posts it seems Joe has been at this for some time.
    Why the hell haven't these people been stopped and drought to justice?

I'm glad I found Scam.Com, I hope my post might help inform others out there who have opened their 'card statements and found nothing to "smile" about.

I have been charged 14.95 and I have no idea what they sell. I know I didn't order anything, and the 1-800 number is crap. Of course, Citi bank card, the credit card in question, is terrible. I have to complete an affidavit to dispute the charges. I know for 100% certainty that I didn't order from them b/c I don't a plastic credit card and I have to dig through my statements to find an account number. I only use the citi bank card for my amazon.com shopping since it is the one I registered with a long time ago for quicker check out. Time to ditch citi bank.

I too was scammed from this company for the same amount of money. It looks like we have something in common. I also had ordered stuff from amazon.com. That looks like the link. I have called Amazon and let them know someone there is selling credit card numbers. Please do the same! Get as many people as you can to call amazon and let them know!

Good luck!

keywords:
    800 566 0959, omnis networks, 14.95, dream smile, white over night

Thanks for the other posts.
    I (we) now have a common link to this Dream Smile SCAM in Rancho Cucamonga or Cucamoca ?, Joe Gioeli and White over Night... it's Amazon.
    I too have used Amazon many times with that old credit card.
    Just so those of you who have received this "fraudulent" charge know; do call that 800 number and the charge should be "automatically" refunded to your account. You should close that card after you do this. Do call your credit card company, or if your debit card was used, your bank and tell them what happened.
    It looks like these scum bags are making money by posting charges and hope you don't catch it and if you do, and call, they refund you acct. no questions asked (literally, because it's a machine). For the 100s or thousands that misread or don't read their card statements and call and dispute, the more they keep, I'm sorry, STEAL! :mad:
    I hope this scum gets caught and does jail time for this - but my card Co. didn't seem concerned, I guess because the credit came quick without any questions asked.

We need to contact Amazon too.

Here is a link to someone else that experienced the same:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff229461.htm

Re: SCAM OFFERS - Cheat and Eat Diet, and White Over Night -Dream Smile

It looks like we were all "Phished"
    I contacted Amazon and they reminded me; all transactions made at Amazon.com Marketplace have to go through their secure server at Amazon.com and not third parties.
    So, Amazon has nothing to do with this scam.
    They did remind me [of Phishing]; never respond to requests for personal information that may be contained in suspicious e-mail - assume any e-mail that asks for personal financial information (or web site linked to from such an e-mail) is not authentic - never "verify" or "confirm" your account information by clicking on a link.

BUT - NEVER have I ever responded to requests for personal information that may be contained in suspicious e-mail or confirmed my account information by clicking on a link. I still have no idea how they got my card number.

WAS I "PHISHED" WITHOUT KNOWING IT?

Looking back at my credit card statements for the past year (I card I don't use that often, by the way), the few purchases I've made have been for gas (major companies, in Wisconsin), NewEgg, Tiger Direct, Amazon, Shutterfly.com, an airport in Milwaukee (Jan.06) and one restaurant in Cabo, Mexico :confused: (also Jan.06).