+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 23

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    HBO's Gumbel: Lack of Blacks Makes Olympics 'Look Like a GOP Convention'
    Posted by Dave Pierre on February 16, 2006 - 00:58.

    There were some eye-opening remarks from Bryant Gumbel on the most recent episode of HBO's Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. According to a transcript posted by a television columnist named Seth Frelich, Gumbel said the following in his closing monologue last week (emphasis mine):

    "Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

    Video clip (31 secs), from the Real Sports originally aired February 7, as provided by the MRC's Brent Baker: Real (665 KB), Windows Media (1 MB) or MP3 audio (185 KB).

    The comments have received scant coverage, with the San Francisco Chronicle (in a betting column) and The Columbus Dispatch (in a "People in the News" column) among the few outlets that have even mentioned the episode.

    Kudos to radio talk-show host Larry Elder for highlighting the remarks.

    ************************************************** ******

    Yeah...March Madness--let the REAL sports begin!! This moron has been spewing racism for decades, and recieves a pass from the media...always. Why? I think you know.
    Ma

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    HBO's Gumbel: Lack of Blacks Makes Olympics 'Look Like a GOP Convention'
    Posted by Dave Pierre on February 16, 2006 - 00:58.

    There were some eye-opening remarks from Bryant Gumbel on the most recent episode of HBO's Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel. According to a transcript posted by a television columnist named Seth Frelich, Gumbel said the following in his closing monologue last week (emphasis mine):

    "Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t like them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying, maybe over the next three weeks we should all try too. Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

    Video clip (31 secs), from the Real Sports originally aired February 7, as provided by the MRC's Brent Baker: Real (665 KB), Windows Media (1 MB) or MP3 audio (185 KB).

    The comments have received scant coverage, with the San Francisco Chronicle (in a betting column) and The Columbus Dispatch (in a "People in the News" column) among the few outlets that have even mentioned the episode.

    Kudos to radio talk-show host Larry Elder for highlighting the remarks.

    ************************************************** ******

    Yeah...March Madness--let the REAL sports begin!! This moron has been spewing racism for decades, and recieves a pass from the media...always. Why? I think you know.
    Ma
    Your target today is... Bryant Gumbel?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Your target today is... Bryant Gumbel?

    Well the ACLU is actually working a case he agrees with so he can't very well attack them today, lol. And his favorite administration is packed with fools so he would look real stupid trying to defend them right now.

    Lady Mod

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Here you go Pwrone, some advice for you. Don't watch HBO and don't watch the Olympics. Boycott them.
    ************************************************** ***

    Gumbel should be blown out
    February 16, 2006

    It's just starting to be made public, and I admit I did not see HBO's Real Sports host Bryant Gumbel make some blatantly racist comments on the cable television network last week, but then again; apparently HBO didn't see or hear them either.

    I didn't see it, but I sure did read the unofficial transcripts of what Gumbel said on the show that he hosts, a show that normally has some very interesting features.

    I won't ever give it my time again, and neither should you. Take it one step further, I'm calling for an all out boycott of at the very minimum, all HBO Sports programming.

    In case you missed it, which apparently a lot of people did, Gumbel delivered a commentary on the Winter Olympics. "Count me among those who don't care about them and won't watch them. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention," said Gumbel.

    He went on to basically dismiss the Olympics, which are televised by his former employer at NBC, and talked about how he's looking forward to March Madness. I wonder if Gumbel would have said what he said about the Olympics if he was still working for the peacock network.

    However, if you have any brains, that's not even the most damning thing Gumbel said. The comment about the Olympics not having the world's greatest athletes because of the lack of black athletes is a flat-out joke. Sure, a good deal of the worlds greatest athletes are not in Torino, but a lot of them are.

    Oh, that's right. NHL players, world class figure skaters, Shaun White and Ted Liggety must not be any good because they're not black. I guess that's what Gumbel means.

    You can twist Gumbel's words however you want too, and I'm sure a lot of you will. You will hammer me and call me all sorts of names because I took major offense to Gumbel's commentary.

    What you can't do is ignore the absolute damning criticism by Gumbel that would never be accepted if Gumbel were white and said he would not watch the NBA because of the lack of non-black players. Imagine if I went on Sporting News Radio and said the NBA is impossible to watch because there are too many blacks, or if I said the reason why I have an incredible passion for hockey is because the player pool is overwhelmingly white. You would want my head on a platter, with knife in hand.

    Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder was rightfully fired by CBS, Al Campanis was justifiably fired by the Los Angeles Dodgers for his comments on ABC many years back, and Rush Limbaugh was blown out of his ESPN gig for stupid remarks about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb.

    If we're being fair here, shouldn't Gumbel be fired for his blatant racist and ignorant comments on HBO last week?

    I know every comment is different, and needs to be judged independently. I had no problem with Snyder, Campanis or Limbaugh getting shown the door, but so should Gumbel. A person of his intelligence, experience and polish absolutely cannot compare the Winter Olympics to a GOP convention, which is to say that the Olympics are not good because of the lack of blacks, and also that a huge section of our government is largely exclusionary.

    Here's another issue: HBO does not air that show live. How in the world did a comment like that escape HBO's production team or upper level management? Does that mean that HBO, which has issued no response to this issue as of Thursday, agrees with Gumbel? They must, because the silence is deafening. Or maybe, it's part of a bigger problem.

    That if you are black, you can say more damaging and hurtful comments, but if you are not, don't even go down that road.

    I feel the same way about Charles Barkley, a player who has made some racist comments throughout the years. Everybody just laughs and shrugs it off as "Charles being Charles." It's not funny, and should not be tolerated or accepted.

    I guess I shouldn't watch the rest of the Olympics, because the athletes just aren't the best in the world. *Sorry NBC, perhaps you should just broadcast the summer games so that Mr. Gumbel will be entertained a little more.
    ***********************************************

    * So is this guy actually making a racist remark by eluding that Blacks are not capable of participating in the Winter Olympics? That all they participate in is the summer olympics? And isn't he now the pot calling the kettle black? Geez!

    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    I think the point of this excellent article that you posted is that if you are a member of a protected group, you can make racist remarks all day long and liberals will NEVER comment on it. However, if you are NOT a member of these groups(if you are a white male) you must NEVER even make a slip of the tongue or you will be pursued by the p.c. maggots.

    Really...try to change the words around to switch protagonists and there is simply no way that this would not be front page "RACIST SPEAKS!!!!" stuff. Also, he is ignoring all of the sports of all of the nordic countries because they do not have many black athletes. Oh, and Canada. I wonder if Canada considers their sports to not be sports? Gumbel has done this repeatedly his entire career, despite looking and sounding like a white man with a black makeover.

    Also, in the same exact way, for the same exact reasons...it is not a hate crime unless a white person does it. Welcome to Liberalton.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    I think the point of this excellent article that you posted is that if you are a member of a protected group, you can make racist remarks all day long and liberals will NEVER comment on it. However, if you are NOT a member of these groups(if you are a white male) you must NEVER even make a slip of the tongue or you will be pursued by the p.c. maggots.

    Really...try to change the words around to switch protagonists and there is simply no way that this would not be front page "RACIST SPEAKS!!!!" stuff. Also, he is ignoring all of the sports of all of the nordic countries because they do not have many black athletes. Oh, and Canada. I wonder if Canada considers their sports to not be sports? Gumbel has done this repeatedly his entire career, despite looking and sounding like a white man with a black makeover.

    Also, in the same exact way, for the same exact reasons...it is not a hate crime unless a white person does it. Welcome to Liberalton.
    Do you see any irony in decrying "p.c. maggots" as racist, while accusing blacks of being a "protected group"?

    Heck, I can't even figure out what a "protected group" is, and I'm pretty bright.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    I think the point of this excellent article that you posted is that if you are a member of a protected group, you can make racist remarks all day long and liberals will NEVER comment on it. However, if you are NOT a member of these groups(if you are a white male) you must NEVER even make a slip of the tongue or you will be pursued by the p.c. maggots.

    Really...try to change the words around to switch protagonists and there is simply no way that this would not be front page "RACIST SPEAKS!!!!" stuff. Also, he is ignoring all of the sports of all of the nordic countries because they do not have many black athletes. Oh, and Canada. I wonder if Canada considers their sports to not be sports? Gumbel has done this repeatedly his entire career, despite looking and sounding like a white man with a black makeover.

    Also, in the same exact way, for the same exact reasons...it is not a hate crime unless a white person does it. Welcome to Liberalton.
    So, are you pissed off because a white guy made the comment and is being called a racist OR are you pissed off because a white guy made the comment and the liberals didn't make an issue of it?

    On the one hand Pwrone you bash Liberals for defending blacks but on the other you are mad because this white guy made racist remarks and the media didn't jump on it? So now you are mad at Liberals for not bashing him? You hate it when Liberals make a big stink over white folks stepping on toes of other races.

    You aren't making any sense.

    Lady Mod

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    So, are you pissed off because a white guy made the comment and is being called a racist OR are you pissed off because a white guy made the comment and the liberals didn't make an issue of it?

    On the one hand Pwrone you bash Liberals for defending blacks but on the other you are mad because this white guy made racist remarks and the media didn't jump on it? So now you are mad at Liberals for not bashing him? You hate it when Liberals make a big stink over white folks stepping on toes of other races.

    You aren't making any sense.

    Lady Mod

    I have absolutely NO IDEA what you are gibbering about...Gumbel is black and a racist, liberals are racists, liberals are never called on it by other liberals. Liberals do not defend blacks unless they agree in lockstep with the liberal agenda--which renders the black person a virtual ward of the state. There is nothing that liberals hate more than a self-made successful African-American. And if they happen to have conservative political beliefs...watch out. THEN you really see the true liberal 'colors'.

    And if "protected group" is too much for you to figger out, Ian, how about "any group other than white males". This is why Islamics and any other minority can say or do ANYTHING and not be called on it by our media. It is the tyranny of political correctness. Under this p.c. dictatorship, a religious group can burn a continent and not be openly criticized. And a well-known black sportscaster can make openly racist and disparaging remarks with impunity.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    I understands wot pwrone be sayin'. Dis is a edumaction issue.
    We gots to get all dem black folks off da b-ball courts an teaches dem how to iceskates.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    I have absolutely NO IDEA what you are gibbering about...Gumbel is black and a racist, liberals are racists, liberals are never called on it by other liberals. Liberals do not defend blacks unless they agree in lockstep with the liberal agenda--which renders the black person a virtual ward of the state. There is nothing that liberals hate more than a self-made successful African-American. And if they happen to have conservative political beliefs...watch out. THEN you really see the true liberal 'colors'.
    That was my point, I didn't KNOW what you were gibbering about either. I had no idea that Gumbel is black. If he is making racist remarks, then he must be a conservative. Liberals aren't racist. Negroes have been wards of the state since the civil war when they were required to get a birth certificate. That started the numbering system.

    I think Liberals are thrilled when minorities are successful, it fits with their goals.

    What colors would those "true liberal colors" be Pwrone?

    And if "protected group" is too much for you to figger out, Ian, how about "any group other than white males". This is why Islamics and any other minority can say or do ANYTHING and not be called on it by our media. It is the tyranny of political correctness. Under this p.c. dictatorship, a religious group can burn a continent and not be openly criticized. And a well-known black sportscaster can make openly racist and disparaging remarks with impunity.
    Geez Pwrone, does your lily white skin have you feeling left out? I sense a lot of hate behind those words of yours.

    Lady Mod

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    I understands wot pwrone be sayin'. Dis is a edumaction issue.
    We gots to get all dem black folks off da b-ball courts an teaches dem how to iceskates.
    Also, dis wood prevents dem to be grown up to become librul racist afro-mercan sportscasters.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    Also, dis wood prevents dem to be grown up to become librul racist afro-mercan sportscasters.
    Roflmao!

    Lady Mod

  13. #13
    umdkook Guest

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    amazing how you inserted the word Liberal in this article, when it says nothing of that anywhere.

    cuase he is fake black, he is liberal??

    and what do you do all day, look on the internet for articles that feature liberals???

    what a strange life you lead..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Do you really think it takes 'all day' to find one of the many daily abominations committed by liberals? LOL Although, now that I consider it, it really would take ALL DAY to find and catalogue the many different techniques in the many different fronts under attack. But then I would have A LOT MORE stuff to post!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Do you really think it takes 'all day' to find one of the many daily abominations committed by liberals? LOL Although, now that I consider it, it really would take ALL DAY to find and catalogue the many different techniques in the many different fronts under attack. But then I would have A LOT MORE stuff to post!!
    Thank you POWERONE!

    FINALLY, we have the RIGHT-WING PERSPECTIVE ON THE ISSUE AT HAND!!

    SINGULARLY,

    TAXPAYER

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: More BLATANT LIBERAL RACISM

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Do you really think it takes 'all day' to find one of the many daily abominations committed by liberals? LOL Although, now that I consider it, it really would take ALL DAY to find and catalogue the many different techniques in the many different fronts under attack. But then I would have A LOT MORE stuff to post!!
    Heck, it takes less than 60 seconds to find the many daily abominations commited by CONSERVATIVE SWINE. And slightly more time to post them here daily. So what's your point?

    Lady Mod

Similar Threads

  1. Examples of liberal racism
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 06:12 AM
  2. Blatant Racism in Health Bill--surprise!
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Blatant Racism @ Walmart!
    By SnappyDan in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
  4. Liberal Racism in Berkeley
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 05:41 AM
  5. A blatant example of actual racism
    By cwywf in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 05:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
???, abc, accepted, accounts, aclu, administration, admit, advice, africa, african, age, agrees, air, allowing, amazing, america, american, angeles, another, arrival, article, attack, attempts, audio, basically, bet, betting, bigger, black, blatant, blown, blue, boycott, bright, broadcast, bryan, bur, buster, cable, called, calling, cannot, care, career, cares, carry, case, cer, charles, civil, class, clean, clip, columbus, coming, commentary, comments, commit, conservative, conservatives, correct, countries, courts, crazy, credible, cry, dam, day, decades, defend, defending, delivered, didn, dim, dispatch, don, dont, don’t, door, dow, eagles, enter, entire, episode, excellent, experience, exposed, eye, fake, favorite, feature, feel, feeling, find, fired, fits, fla, flat, folks, forward, fox, fra, freedom, freedom of speech, front, fully, games, god’s, good, greatest, group, groups, grown, gun, guy, hammer, hand, head, headquarters, hey, hidden, his, huge, ian, ife, ignorant, ignore, ill, imagine, ime, incredible, intelligence, inter, internet, ion, isn, issue, ist, joke, kettle, kiss, knife, larry, last, laugh, laughs, lead, lets, liberal, liberals, life, limbaugh, lol, long, los, lot, loving, mad, making, male, matter, mea, meaning, member, minorities, more, moron, move, mp3, named, nbc, ner, network, news, nhl, official, only, outlets, p.c., page, part, pass, person, personally, pierre, pissed, plat, players, point, pos, post, posted, press, pro, production, programming, protected, protecting, proved, public, quote, racism, racist, read, real, reason, reasons, religious, remarks, response, rush, rush limbaugh, san, sca, scan, script, scripts, scum, secs, section, sense, seth, shouldn, simply, skin, sorry, speaks, speech, star, starting, state, step, strange, stuff, stupid, successful, summer, system, takes, talk, talking, tech, techniques, ted, televised, they, thread, thursday, time, today, tonight, transcripts, twist, upper, virtual, ward, watch, week, weeks, welcome, win, winter, won, word, working, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •