+ Reply to Thread

What Really Happened

:D :D :D

Cheney's Hunting Mishap: What Really Happened
    http://blogs.washingtonpost.com/ache...s_entoura.html
    Joel Achenbach

Notice that I have completely avoided referring to Dick Cheney for an entire day. Notice the restraint. Notice the Salingeresque capacity for silence. Why the clam-up? Because the incident has gotten more coverage already than the landing at Normandy, and I don't want to contribute to this climate of hysteria and conspiracy-theorizing and tabloid journalism. I'm above this whole thing, operating on a higher plane. And thus will mention only briefly my theory that Whittington was instantly killed by Cheney and the man in the hospital is an imposter.

I'm not saying this is true, only that it has some potential latent truthiness, in certain dim light. I hope the gentleman in question is doing well and recovers quickly from his wounds, though I'm confident he's been dead since Saturday afternoon. Please, people, don't be pathetically naive, the man was obliterated with a shotgun. Don't be a bunch of suckers. Why haven't we seen hide or hair of Mr. Whittington? Because neither exists anymore. To get a photo of the guy at this point you'd need a panoramic camera.

This whole thing reeks of a cover story. The fact that Cheney has claimed to be the gunman makes me wonder if he's covering up something even darker: Like, he killed Whittington weeks ago and this whole thing was an attempt to concoct a way to dispose of the body. By the way, notice that Cheney himself said he didn't speak publicly right away because no one would believe him. [Hume: "...it does raise the question of whether you couldn't have headed off this beltway firestorm if you had put out the word to the national media..." Cheney: "Well, who is going to do that? Are they going to take my word for what happened?"]

It's simple. Cheney fires his shotgun, boom, Whittington's vaporized, and the Veep has to go into the kind of crisis-management mode for which he is famous. First he looks around and asks if the Secret Service plans to carry him bodily to a bunker somewhere. Then he realizes that he is fortuitously prepared to handle precisely this kind of disaster. He travels with a large entourage: military attache, personal doctor, heart surgeon, endocrinologist, podiatrist, sommelier, outrider, hair stylist, and so on, right down to the body double who, whenever Cheney hunts, is always standing by to play the role, if necessary, of "gunshot survivor." And so one thing leads to another, and here we are. And that's all I'm saying about it.

umdkook Guest

Re: What Really Happened

not sure if this is supposed to be sattire, but he was not "obliterated" by a shotgun full of bird shot....which are teeny pebbles......but who knows..

interesting theory...

This was one of Cheney's hunting partners, Pamela Willeford. She is a longtime Bush family friend, and she and her immediate family have given a total of $23,200 to Republicans during the 2000, 2002 and 2004 election cycles. For her donations and work she was given a sweet position as US Ambassadress to Switzerland and has been missing since the hunting incident.

The only information I can find about her is in these two articles, and they're highly speculative about a possible affair between herself and Cheney. I'm not going there myself. : )

I am by no means alleging an affair between them. I have little to no evidence for that, and it's not my concern. I am, however, curious as to why this eyewitness hasn't been located by the press and asked any questions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...N5bnN1YmNhdA--
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rj-esk...i_b_15711.html
    Last edited by ianmatthews; 02-17-2006 at 04:09 AM.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

It really hurts my head... This thing is getting stranger alllll the time! :rolleyes:

.................................................. ..............................................

Now that's funny!

If the White House wants people to stop speculating about whether Cheney was sh!tfaced when he shot a man in the face they could encourage Cheney's good friend Whittington to release the blood alcohol test results. It won't prove whether Cheney was or wasn't drinking but it will certainly be a decent piece of evidence for or against the claim that people were drinking.

Whittington's doctors won't comment on the question.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    If the White House wants people to stop speculating about whether Cheney was sh!tfaced when he shot a man in the face they could encourage Cheney's good friend Whittington to release the blood alcohol test results. It won't prove whether Cheney was or wasn't drinking but it will certainly be a decent piece of evidence for or against the claim that people were drinking.

Whittington's doctors won't comment on the question.
    Frankly I think if it were me I'd rather have to admit to too much drinking causing the error in judgment rather than to just admitting to being plain old stupid. LOL.

Of course the neocons don't see it that way, shooting someone in the face is, whether by accident or not, is nothing new or newsworthy to them. It does kind of make you wonder just what they do in their off time doesn't it? ;)

Lady Mod

ever hear that song by Aerosmith: Jamie's got a gun? i just heard a new version of that song: Cheney's got a gun! LOL!! :D i almost fell off my chair laughing! :D

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    ever hear that song by Aerosmith: Jamie's got a gun? i just heard a new version of that song: Cheney's got a gun! LOL!! :D i almost fell off my chair laughing! :D

LOL, you can listen to it here; http://dickhunt.ytmnd.com/

Too funny

Here's a painfully obvious question...

If we're paying millions of dollars in taxes towards all types of security measures and Secret Service to protect high government officials, wouldn't it be prudent to not allow them to go hunting with live firearms in groups? What if somebody had accidentally shot Cheney (partisan snickering aside, dante)?

I know this will infuriate the red-staters, but it seems like it would be a responsibility of somebody, whose protection is paid for by their very own constituents, to minimize the amount of needless risk in their lives.

Hi everyone, go to www.nomorefakenews.com there are a bunch of articles and one tells that Cheney is on all type of medications and he should not be operating a "gun" I never heard of these medications, go check it out. Lad Mod, you are very clever, I bet your right, the man is probably 6 feet under. Your a good detective!

How differently do you think you would be treated if you had shot someone...and then notified the authorities 15 hours later???

Quote Originally Posted by Ette
    Hi everyone, go to www.nomorefakenews.com there are a bunch of articles and one tells that Cheney is on all type of medications and he should not be operating a "gun" I never heard of these medications, go check it out. Lad Mod, you are very clever, I bet your right, the man is probably 6 feet under. Your a good detective!
    So you know Jon Rappoport? I met him and his wife a few years back. He communicates pretty regularly with a good friend of mine. A really nice guy.

Lady Mod

P.S. The article is poking fun. It wasn't inteded to be taken seriously.