+ Reply to Thread

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Cheney succumbs to pressure, breaks silence on shooting

Apparently Harry is going to live. (thank goodness) Cheney takes FULL responsibility.

Cheney breaks silence on shooting

11:59 a.m. February 15, 2006
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON – Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday accepted full responsibility for shooting a fellow hunter and defended his decision not to publicly disclose the accident until the following day.

“I'm the guy who pulled the trigger that fired the round that hit Harry,” Cheney told Fox News Channel in his first public comments since the accident Saturday in south Texas.

“You can talk about all of the other conditions that exist at the time but that's the bottom line and – it was not Harry's fault,” he said in an interview with Brit Hume. “You can't blame anybody else. I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend.”

He was referring to Harry Whittington, 78, who was hit in a bird hunting expedition Saturday. Whittington was reported doing well at a Texas hospital Wednesday after doctors a pellet entered his heart and had what doctors called caused “a mild heart attack.”

Cheney has been roundly criticized for failing to tell the public about the accident until the next day. He said he thought it made sense to let the owner of the ranch where it happened reveal the accident on the local newspaper's Web site Sunday morning.

“I thought that was the right call,” Cheney said. “I still do.”

One pellet from Cheney's shotgun – just under one-tenth of an inch in diameter – traveled to Whittington's heart. Hospital officials said the Texan had a normal heart rhythm again Wednesday afternoon and was sitting up in a chair, eating regular food and planning to do some legal work in his room.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...59-cheney.html

Re: Cheney succumbs to pressure, breaks silence on shooting

Wowie!

A non-biased report from you and the AP.

I like the "new" look! (you did choose to bold type something that appeared to twist the story in a unfavorable direction for the veep. There's nothing wrong with "just the facts - ma'am".

This post suits you better! Just the facts-works alot better than junk!

Good post.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Cheney succumbs to pressure, breaks silence on shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Wowie!

A non-biased report from you and the AP.

I like the "new" look! (you did choose to bold type something that appeared to twist the story in a unfavorable direction for the veep. There's nothing wrong with "just the facts - ma'am".

This post suits you better! Just the facts-works alot better than junk!

Good post.
    Nothing I've posted was twisted. Some were opinions and others were only asking the same questions the entire country (with exception of deaf and blind neocons) wants to know.

And I bolded his statements. If they appear to give the story an unfavorable twist, that is only your doubts speaking to you Raider, not the story. Yes, it is possible for even you to break away for short periods of time from the blind faithful slobbering mindset of a Bush devotee once in a great while. If you keep that up, you might just eventually have an intelligent thought to go with it.

Lady Mod