+ Reply to Thread

Mobile Notory Service

I have been looking into NAtionWide Signing service, but My lawyer tells me their is no need for more notaries in Illinois and that their is no market. THat each bank and title companies each have their own notary is this true. I will be making the deal next friday if I decide to do this. :) If anyone wants info about what this business is I would be more than happy to email it over. I just need some expert advice. I am a young mother walking into this alone. I have no support, but I know that I WILL chage my lifestyle no matter how hard I have to work. Also if any has a business that they think is good then PM me I have about 3000-5000 dollars to start. and I am not selling any garbage. My freinds can go buy there daily needs at walmart.....

Re: Mobile Notory Service

I'm a notary, and I'll bet you'll find at least 200 more notaries on this forum. The UPS Store requires each employee to be a notary...there is always at least one notary in almost every office in America.
    Regarding the mobile notary thing, I thought *I* was the only one who dreamed that one up. Several years ago, I worked for the chancery clerk in the county where I grew up and I threw that idea at him...he told me it was the best way he knew of to, at the least, get sued and have all your bank accounts frozen, and at the most, it was a one-way ticket to prison.
    Notarizing things and getting things signed is a tricky business. You MUST know all the parties involved and if you are smart, you ask them for ID. If there are errors and/or omissions in excess of $10,000 or so, the remaining balance will fall on you. If you just notarize everything that comes your way...YOU WILL GO TO PRISON.
    Send me the $5000 and just pretend you did it and failed.

You will be scammed if you do this.

PS--Just pretend the internet was never invented. Make extra money doing something that does not involve the internet and you'll probably do fine. You're welcome.

I will not be notarizing just anything. My company specializes in Mortgage documents and this includes any type of refianancing. I will have training that will make me some type of expert in these type of loans. I will mainly work with title companies. Now in Illinois their is a law about notarizing things. It states that if you are notarizing a loan document the notarizer must work for a lender. Well I have been talking to the people that handle these types of things and he has told me that Illinois is a hot market and that once this law changes(which has already been passed through the senate) , mobile notaries will be coming in fast.. So it is first come, first grab. So for the people who think that this is not a good business idea,, it is. Now this is for some people and some people only. You have to have the right attitude and motivation. I know once I come back from clevelend that I will be working very hard. Then in about 6 months and let you know how it worked out. And this business is not based online. I just found it online through a franchise website. This site gives information about certain franchises. Also this company has a couple other stores up and running with 6 figure income. :)

OK...keep us posted!

When I asked for a $250K line of credit from Washington Mutual Bank, they sent a mobile notary. I would suggest just getting your notary commission and bond which costs little and when the time is right you can jump on it. You don't need to invest in anybody's system to do so. I used to have an in-house notary at my company and the bond was very cheap and the application process was hard but not that hard to get approved.

If you want to be a company's mobile notary, check with your Secretary of State and ask them to send you all of the statutes regarding notaries. Read them over and ask the government, not a private company, if this is a legal business enterprise. Print business cards and start knocking on doors.
    Christopher Spencer
    Author of The eBay Entrepreneur (Kaplan Publishing, available September 2006)
    Join me at eBay Live! 2006 in Las Vegas June 13-15 at the Mandalay Bay. I will be moderating a panel of Certified Providers on advanced business strategies, teaching a lab called Advanced Features of Selling Manager Pro and teaching a class on how to use Selling Manager Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabeamillionair
    I will not be notarizing just anything. My company specializes in Mortgage documents and this includes any type of refianancing. I will have training that will make me some type of expert in these type of loans. I will mainly work with title companies. Now in Illinois their is a law about notarizing things. It states that if you are notarizing a loan document the notarizer must work for a lender. Well I have been talking to the people that handle these types of things and he has told me that Illinois is a hot market and that once this law changes(which has already been passed through the senate) , mobile notaries will be coming in fast.. So it is first come, first grab. So for the people who think that this is not a good business idea,, it is. Now this is for some people and some people only. You have to have the right attitude and motivation. I know once I come back from clevelend that I will be working very hard. Then in about 6 months and let you know how it worked out. And this business is not based online. I just found it online through a franchise website. This site gives information about certain franchises. Also this company has a couple other stores up and running with 6 figure income. :)
    Being a mobile notary is a convenience for the loan customer. you can go to thier home or work. I am a notary in arizona and just started the training for the mobile notary. I am listed as a notary on the secratary of state site " find a notary " and i have had several calls from lenders/title companies but these have been " last minute " siginings and I have been at my day job so I was unable to do the signings... You need a computer, faxmachine laser printer to recive and print the documents, review the documents before going to thesigning.... I do not belive that being a mobile notary is dead.... it is the luck of the draw getting calls but if you go to some title companies in your area and introduce yourself, let them know you are a mobile notary and to give you a call if they ever need one.... I have refinanced my home a couple of times and have had notaries come to my home for the signings .. veryn convenient .. did not have to take off from work for 2+ hours .... it was done on my time. !!!

GO FOR IT !!!