+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ham is Near

The Ham is Near

A man by the name of Ham has crossed the Pacific Ocean and arrived in the United States from Australia.
    Like many other international businessmen he is going global.
    He has come to America to spread the gospel against the theory of evolution.
    He teaches children to disbelieve teachers, librarians, museum personnel, scientists and adults in general.
    He has given rousing speeches to children in Christian schools around the nation where he leads children through behaviors designed to attack evolution in the classroom and to disbelieve what they are being taught.
    His company markets textbooks and DVD’s and has a budget totaling over 15 million dollars and 160 employees.
    He was a schoolteacher in Australia but after 5 years he quit and became an evangelist making over $120,000 a year.
    How does he do it?
    Maybe encouraging ministers to go into show business rather than minister.
    Take a look at two signs I saw today.
    At one church the sign said, ‘God Speaks : 10:30AM and 12:30PM’.
    How’s that for a preacher with a swelled head?
    What about “Call On The Name of Jesus : 12 Noon”?
    That violates the third commandment if you are calling on the name of Jesus to deny a scientific theory.
    I believe men like Ham would teach people to disregard the 10 commandments if they could make a quick buck.
    Where is he?
    He’s getting ready to build a $25 million Creation Museum near the Cincinnati international airport.
    He’s close.
    The Ham is near.

Re: The Ham is Near

Quote Originally Posted by cranston36
    Where is he?
    He’s getting ready to build a $25 million Creation Museum near the Cincinnati international airport.
    He’s close.
    The Ham is near.

EVOLUTION DEBATE
    March 28, 2005

KEN HAM: You think about it. Who was there to see that happen? Who was there to see life arise from matter? No one. How did they know it happened? It's their belief. Who was there to see the big bang? No one. How did they know it happened? It's their belief.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/educa...tion_3-28.html

Your right this guy is a dangerous nut job. His arguments are short on facts and reliant on accepting bible teaching as equally valid as evolution theory to explain all of natural history.
    WELL HELL KENNY!!!
    LET’S JUST THROW ALL THEM COMPLICATED SCIENCE BOOKS AWAY!!!

Thanks for the info

PSB

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Still stumbling around like a blindfolded kid that's at a party trying to pin
    the tail on the donkey.

That's about all that anyone knows: creationism, evolution, whatever.
    Fact is, we're here? We are aren't we? OR is this just an illusion?... :D

Anyhow, what does it matter? How's knowing going to change anything?

Really strange thing, all of this. Would be intersting if humans survive
    another 10,000 years what people's ideas about this would be then. You
    might be very suprised what "they" will have found out!

We have humans professing to know a lot, be experts about a lot of
    things, but sadly, we're still savaging and beating each other's brains
    out. A huge portion of our GNP, human energy, effort and raw material
    is dedicated to wars, STILL.

Hey, we've got to get past our Brute stage before we can really accomplish
    anything worthwhile. Begin to get some answer to the more serious things
    concerning us.

In the meantime, this Ham idiot is promoting the idea he's going to build
    a $25 million dollar Museum to defeat the evolution idea and support
    creationism.

Whre did he get the $25 million? Or does he have it yet? Who does he plan
    to bil for it. And, anyone that spends this kind of money isn't going to
    throw it in the street. HE is certainly up to something! Duh!

Dolt!
    :eek:
    Last edited by coontie; 02-15-2006 at 04:17 AM. Reason: spell

I know the atheists are going to attack my comments, hurl insults and sarcasm instead of trying to understand anothers point of view. But I venture anyway.

I attended one of Ken Ham's seminars. (Ken did not lead the seminar - it was an employee for answers-in-genesis.

As I have said in another post, I'm no scientist but try to listen and understand both sides.

Ken says we all have the same facts. It's how we look at the facts that he differs from the evolutionists.

Ken is a creationist and believes the Bible to be the ultimate truth. So he takes the facts and overlays it on the Bible to come to conclusions. So, as a Christian he is putting truth and facts together.

Evolutionists take facts and fill in the blanks with what other theorists have told them. Evolutionists actually put "faith" in unproven theories. Yes, I know many of you "believe" the theories to be the truth. The Carl Sagan athiests of the world try very hard to deny anything biblical and promote theories as absolute truth.

To explain evolution in a simple way he drew two curved lines on a board. He gave us a few facts ... then asked us to complete the picture. While the facts led us in one direction the drawings were all very different. His point was that given so few facts there was no way to determine without a doubt what the picture actually originally looked like. Today, creationists stand with one point of view and evolutionists stand with dozens of points of view.

Anyway, I just passing on what I heard. Let the sarcasm begin.
    Bob- over the hill but under the speed limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
    I know the atheists are going to attack my comments, hurl insults and sarcasm instead of trying to understand anothers point of view. But I venture anyway.

I attended one of Ken Ham's seminars. (Ken did not lead the seminar - it was an employee for answers-in-genesis.

As I have said in another post, I'm no scientist but try to listen and understand both sides.

Ken says we all have the same facts. It's how we look at the facts that he differs from the evolutionists.

Ken is a creationist and believes the Bible to be the ultimate truth. So he takes the facts and overlays it on the Bible to come to conclusions. So, as a Christian he is putting truth and facts together.

Evolutionists take facts and fill in the blanks with what other theorists have told them. Evolutionists actually put "faith" in unproven theories. Yes, I know many of you "believe" the theories to be the truth. The Carl Sagan athiests of the world try very hard to deny anything biblical and promote theories as absolute truth.

To explain evolution in a simple way he drew two curved lines on a board. He gave us a few facts ... then asked us to complete the picture. While the facts led us in one direction the drawings were all very different. His point was that given so few facts there was no way to determine without a doubt what the picture actually originally looked like. Today, creationists stand with one point of view and evolutionists stand with dozens of points of view.

I have downloaded and listened to Hams seminars. He is a religious zealot who dismisses fact...proven fact when it does not fit his need. He is incapable of using fact becuase if he did, he would not be able to make his zany conclusions

He knowingly lies and distorts to whip his sheeple into a ignorant heard.

Bob Lowblow, I defy you to point to something Ham says, as a proven fact.

My bad...my apologies to Bob Loblaw...that was not meant to be a name slam, I just forgot to correct it before I posted. Sincere apologies.

You said it all ' I'm no scientist '. Your opinions like Ken Ham have no place in a debate that requires conclusions be made on observable phenomna using established and accepted methodology. Ken Ham is not qualified to make the conclusions he has made, and then have the arrogance to pass it off as some kind of undisputed unwavering truth that out trumps 100s years of advances made in medicine and the greater understanding of the natural world.
    He can blather all he wants from the podium on Sunday but NOT in the classroom.

Not too mention that everyone of his point of contention have been debunked but, he figures if he keeps repeating them, the people will follow.

Synik, no offense. I cannot defend anything he said. I am only an interested observer here. Maybe I should not post as I am not an "expert".

Phinny, does "established and accepted" mean infallible? Are all the evolutionist scientists words accepted as the absolute, unrefutable truth? If so, then you are right. I have no business questioning them.

I have only recently begun reading a bit on this subject. If the facts are as clear as you say, how come so many evolution believing scientists are in disagreement over the hows and whys of evolution?

Bob,
    If Ken Ham had anything of value to report on his evolutionary theory he can submit it to a peer reviewed journal. Hell that could get a few good laughs if he did. The problem is not weather or not he 'has an opinion'. We all know he does! The problem is he wants his opinion to be accepted as valid fact equal to well established theories without being subjected to any review or oversight.
    The ultimate agenda that all of these nut jobs have is control over the education system. Ken Ham and his raving and drooling compadres won't vocalize this objective because it would be met with massive resistance.
    Little by little they want to break down the wall of separation between Church and State, until we become a nation of blathering nit wits just like him.

umm... you are aware that there are no proven aspects in the bible either?
    in my eyes, its a battle of "unsure vs unsure", only one actually has ACTUAL SOLID EVIDENCE behind it, and the other one seems like a fairytale based on liturature.

A friend of mine wrote a paper at university questioning evolution. His paper was rejected when the professor saw the title. My friend argued that it was a well studied paper. The professor finally took it from him and gave it back to him with a mark of failure. Not because of poor content ... he didn't read it! It was the fact he challenged the status quo. (and this was a religion class!) It is my understanding that if you question the status quo you will be given failing marks. Praising the likes of David Suzuki or Carl Sagan will get you a passing mark. If you appy for the position of professor and are known to question the status quo you will not get the job. (this has happened) The "peers" and "journals" are controlled by those of one opinion to the exclusion of all others. (from what I hear) A sort of boys club. If you do not concur with "accepted assumptions" you are denied print. Kinda like sending in an anti-drug article to a biker magazine.

I can see that Ken is not just opposed .. but hated and ridiculed. It seems to me that he is standing up to the bully and all the bully's friends are yelling "hit'em, hit'em".

A friend of mine wrote a paper at university questioning evolution. His paper was rejected when the professor saw the title. My friend argued that it was a well studied paper. The professor finally took it from him and gave it back to him with a mark of failure. Not because of poor content ... he didn't read it! It was the fact he challenged the status quo. (and this was a religion class!) It is my understanding that if you question the status quo you will be given failing marks. Praising the likes of David Suzuki or Carl Sagan will get you a passing mark. If you appy for the position of professor and are known to question the status quo you will not get the job. (this has happened) The "peers" and "journals" are controlled by those of one opinion to the exclusion of all others. (from what I hear) A sort of boys club. If you do not concur with "accepted assumptions" you are denied print. Kinda like sending in an anti-drug article to a biker magazine.

I can see that Ken is not just opposed .. but hated and ridiculed. It seems to me that he is standing up to the bully and all the bully's friends are yelling "hit'em, hit'em".
    ok, that professer was an @$$hole, ill agree with ya there.
    other than that i really have nothing to say, but it really doenst say much about the topic.

now heres why i think telling small children these things is just a stupid idea:
    1. the children Mr. Ham is telling creationists ideas to also believe in the tooth fairy, santa, and that babies come from storks. i dont believe anyone in their right mind will belive anything of that manner coming from a child.
    2. i personally have never heard his ranting, but from what i can tell hes using just about 0 logic to gain support. oh wait, who else used 0 logic to gain support for absolutely appauling, rediculous, and obnoxious ideas? lets try Hitler (I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE). apparently Mr. Ham is using similar tactics that Hitler did to gain popular support (by ranting on about nothing that makes sense, but speaking well so people would listen anyways). also, if Mr. Ham is so devoted to Christianity and apparently has such low tolerance for other beliefs, he probably doesnt like the jews either....
    Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!!; 02-16-2006 at 04:02 AM.

again, dont take my Hitler comment offensivly
    (why im writing this over half an hour later, im not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by cranston36
    A man by the name of Ham has crossed the Pacific Ocean and arrived in the United States from Australia.
    Like many other international businessmen he is going global.
    He has come to America to spread the gospel against the theory of evolution.
    He teaches children to disbelieve teachers, librarians, museum personnel, scientists and adults in general.
    He has given rousing speeches to children in Christian schools around the nation where he leads children through behaviors designed to attack evolution in the classroom and to disbelieve what they are being taught.
    His company markets textbooks and DVD’s and has a budget totaling over 15 million dollars and 160 employees.
    He was a schoolteacher in Australia but after 5 years he quit and became an evangelist making over $120,000 a year.
    How does he do it?
    Maybe encouraging ministers to go into show business rather than minister.
    Take a look at two signs I saw today.
    At one church the sign said, ‘God Speaks : 10:30AM and 12:30PM’.
    How’s that for a preacher with a swelled head?
    What about “Call On The Name of Jesus : 12 Noon”?
    That violates the third commandment if you are calling on the name of Jesus to deny a scientific theory.
    I believe men like Ham would teach people to disregard the 10 commandments if they could make a quick buck.
    Where is he?
    He’s close.
    The Ham is near.
    C'mon Ham is a scam, this isnt real, your pulling our collective leg, are you not.
    The ham of god its a joke, right!