+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Melaleuca/MomsWin

I know others have posted much to this company, Melaleuca/MomsWind (one in the same) but just having this experience with this company - I just had to add this posting for others to see.
    My recent and present experience with Melaleuca. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and searching on the Internet, looking for something to do on the Internet. I’ve come across a lot of bogus and interesting things to get involved with. I’ve also gone to a lot of message boards to see what is fresh and what others are not only saying, but also what they are involved with. I’ve read a tremendous amount of negative comments and statements with people who were involved with a company called Melaleuca & MomsWin (one in the same), after I signed on. I wished I had done my research before I agreed to be part of this company. Because like a fool I signed. I was planning to pay for a job – basically.

After signing on I was then forwarded dozen of emails and files to be down loaded to read with regards to the company and what they expected of me by different people (down-line/up-line) and the rep who signed me on, literature I wish I was able to read before I say “yes”. That material drove me to the investigative measures I they took for the next 48 hours. If I had seen or was able to read any of the material forwarded to me I would have never signed on with them. I signed on January 2, 2006 and canceled on January 4, 2006. They rep who signed me on said that after 30 days if I was not satisfied I could get my money returned to me. As a new rep she had the money deducted from my account and my 1st order placed. Then I got an email from her saying that I would go much further with the company if I purchased the Career Pack instead of the Value Pack and she would help me by giving me her old list of 200 names to get started. This would mean I would be spending $200.00 a month instead of $75.00 a month. I had not even received the first order of product why would I agree to spending more money on something I seems, touched, smelled, etc.

So on January 4, 2006 I contacted the rep and Melaleuca to say that I was canceling. The rep sent me this very long email telling me I didn’t give Melaleuca a chance and she phoned me with the same information. And now, fighting to get my money back, the guarantee. When UPS delivered the product, I called UPS for a pickup to have it returned. I wanted documentation to the transaction. I forwarded a letter and email to Melaleuca and the rep stating the cancellation and the return of product. I went on line after it was delivered to Melaleuca and copied the tracking ticket from UPS showing it was delivered and signed for. This was received January 19, 2006. On January 30, 2006 I sent the rep an email asking when I was going to have the return of the money I spent. She called me and called Melaleuca, conferencing me in to find out when this would take place. We were told by customer service it would take 10 days. We ending the conversation and I checked, no money. Then today I called Melaleuca and was told that the money was sent to a “Clearing House”. I asked what was a “clearing house” and she told me that it was my banks responsibility to go there to get the money. I called my bank and they didn’t know what I was talking about. They never heard of such an unethical way to doing business returning someone’s money. The rep at my bank asked if I wanted to open a case to have Melaleuca investigate and they to go after them. I said yes. This will take 10 days and will contact me after that.

Here is a company with fancy web pages advertising Melaleuca products, and MomsWin like it a community of fine people who will stand behind you and help you with a “business” that you pay and pay dearly with.

I’m the fool, for believing something I knew wasn’t for real. Now I’m doing battle to get my money returned, and as promised if I wasn’t satisfied. I haven’t met anyone that likes the product or has a nice thing to say about this company. To all those who read this, don’t get involved. It will only be a nightmare for you.
    Thank you.
    NancyC

Re: Melaleuca/MomsWin

Why...yer nuthin but a low-down no-good: "Nay-sayer!"

Yer one of dem..."Dream Stealers," ain't ya??!!

Nuttin wrong with the MellaPoopoo program, it's all...YOU!

YOU let so-called "facts" and "truth" come between you and yer "Dreams," didncha??

ALL ya had to do was FOLLOW the SIMPLETON program as set forth by yer caring & compassionate UPLINE, summarized in these SIMPLETON "STEPS TO SUCKSESS:"

1) MAX out all yer credit cards...
    2) Take out 2nd MORTGAGE...lose HOVEL...
    3) Sell yer kiddos (Buffy & Remmington) into WHITE SLAVERY...
    4) Talk HUBBY into 1MILLION$ Life INSURANCE policy just before accidentally severimg the brake lines in his ESCALADE???
    5) DECLARE BANKRUPTCY...
    6) Move onto the "UNEASY-streetl"...
    7) START ALL OVER: selling SAD CLOWNS and VELVET VIRGINS for "Icky-Art"

So, LADY, donna tell ME that "Mella-PooPoo" don't work!

DON'T STEAL MY DREAMS with all that NONSENSE called TRUTH!

I dont endore moms win or any of hte "teams" out there. But you post is total nonsense. Melaleuca is constantly publishing articlesa bout staying out of debt, and be cautisou in you are buying leads, and they even go so far as to offer a financial freedom university several times a year at various locations. they teach to keep you day job, pay off all your debt as fast as you can. they have three very prestigous awards for those who use coomon sense and stay out of/ get out of debt. The First step to financial freedom award (when you have no credit or consumer debt). the financial freedom award (when you have no debt at all except your primary mortgage on your home) And the Total Financial freedom ward (when you have no debt not ever a mortgage on your home).

I dont much about your moms win team. I can tell you that Melaleuca as a company does not teach you to go into debt for any reason. It teaches just the oposite.

Quote Originally Posted by mlmskeptic
    I dont endore moms win or any of hte "teams" out there. But you post is total nonsense. Melaleuca is constantly publishing articlesa bout staying out of debt, and be cautisou in you are buying leads, and they even go so far as to offer a financial freedom university several times a year at various locations. they teach to keep you day job, pay off all your debt as fast as you can. they have three very prestigous awards for those who use coomon sense and stay out of/ get out of debt. The First step to financial freedom award (when you have no credit or consumer debt). the financial freedom award (when you have no debt at all except your primary mortgage on your home) And the Total Financial freedom ward (when you have no debt not ever a mortgage on your home).

I dont much about your moms win team. I can tell you that Melaleuca as a company does not teach you to go into debt for any reason. It teaches just the oposite.
    Ok, as an outsider the following question is obvious: does Melaleuca require active reps to be on a monthly auto-ship with a minimum of $75.00? Because that would certainly qualify as an expense with the possiblity of putting the auto-shippee in debt. And is it unreasonable to assume that this person is telling the truth, and that her upline did indeed encourage her to move up to the $200 per month autoship? These companies just LOVE to blame this sort of behavior on "rogue reps," but the fact that it seems to happen so often -- not just with Mela, but with many other -- that the point seems moot. I guess I'm wondering what about that post you felt was "nonsense".

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Ok, as an outsider the following question is obvious: does Melaleuca require active reps to be on a monthly auto-ship with a minimum of $75.00? Because that would certainly qualify as an expense with the possiblity of putting the auto-shippee in debt. And is it unreasonable to assume that this person is telling the truth, and that her upline did indeed encourage her to move up to the $200 per month autoship? These companies just LOVE to blame this sort of behavior on "rogue reps," but the fact that it seems to happen so often -- not just with Mela, but with many other -- that the point seems moot. I guess I'm wondering what about that post you felt was "nonsense".
    One of the biggest misconceptions with Mela is the autoship (called a backup order) It is there as a benefit, but to many people don't understand it. They fill out the form, select wich order and even initial it on the from, yet they still somehow dont really understand it. They way it works is If you forget to place your order Melaleuca will send you out some preselected products so that you dont lose any of the benefits that comes with the prefferred customer status. However there is NO REQUIREMNT. All you do is chagne your status to being a Direct customer for a month. As a direct customer you will not get a backup order, you will not get the preffered customer pricing, and you will not get the discounts on some of the services, nor will you earn advantage rewards dollars, and you do not get a check. There is no contracts and no commitments, you can quit at anytime, and you can always send back the last 60 days of products and get your money back if you want.

The back up order is there as a benefit but way way to often people dont understand it and they get a back up order and get upset. It is one of my favorite parts of Melaleuca and at the same time it is one of the biggest headaches!

I have never recived a backup order but I rest easy knowing that if something happened, like my wife wa ahving a baby, or we were gone on vacation, or some accident happend and I forgot to order I would still get a check and I would not lose any of my benefits. Plus I would get the products delivered to me and not run out of the necisities for the month.

About your $75 and $200. Are you talking canadian money?

the standard 35pt backup order in the US is $47.55 You can actually put together a 35pt select pack that could cost as little as $40. There are two other options as well. If you select a 50pt order as a back up order you will still recieve the full 10% advantage rewards dollars. 50 points is about $60-$70. Then the third option is a 75pt order where you get 15% advantage rewards dollars. 75pts is around $100-$120. Also at 75points if you have atleast 8 personal customers your commissions from your customers purchases is 14%-20%. My select pack is for just over 75pts. There is no reason to have a back up order for more than that.

Again, that back up order is there as a benefit and it is not a requirement. If you dont want to place an order one month and you dont want a back up order you just change your status.

$200 is the price of a value pack in the US. That is a ton more products than anyone would ever need in a month. And to have that as a back up order is ridiculous.

Now if you are talking canadian prices $200 MIGHT be the 75 point back up order. But that still sounds a little high to me.
    Last edited by mlmskeptic; 02-15-2006 at 10:58 PM.

One of the biggest misconceptions with Mela is the autoship (called a backup order) It is there as a benefit but to many people understand it. If you forget to place your order they will send you out some preselected products so that you dont lose any of the benefits that come with the prefferred customer status. However this is NO REQUIREMNT to purchase the 35 points. All you do is chagne your status to being a Direct customer for a month. as a direct customer you will not get a backup order, you will not get the preffered customer pricing, and you will not get the discounts on some of the serives, nor will you earn advantage rewards dollars. There is no contracts and no commitments, you can quit at anytime, and you can send back the last 60 days of products and get your money back if you want.
    Okay, I'm a little slow...so you if you don't use 35 points each month, you don't get...what exactly?? Sorry, but I'm not getting the message, I guess.
    The back up order is there as a benefit but way way to often people dont understand it and they get a back up order and get upset. I have never recived a backup order but I rest easy knowing that if something happened and I didnt order I would still get a check and I would not lose any of my benefits.
    So then WITHOUT the monthly "buy" of 35 points, you get no check? That sounds like a requirement to me.
    About your $75 versus $200. Are you talking canadian or something?
    the 35pt backup order in the US is $47.55 YOu can actually put together a select pack that could cost as little as $40. There are two other option as well. if you select a 50pts order as a back up order you will still recieve the full 10% advantage rewards dollars. 50 points is about $60-$70. Then the third option is a 75pt order where you get 15% advantage rewards dollars. 75pts is around $100-$120. Also at 75points if you have atleast 8 personal customers you commissions from your customers is 14%-20%. My select pack is for just over 75pts. There is no reason to have a back up order for more than that.
    Sorry, just using the numbers the unfortunate soul above quoted. Maybe they were wrong, and maybe that's where you are disputing them??
    Again, that back up order is there as a benefit and it is not a requirement. If you dont want to palce an order one month you just change your status.
    But again, if you do not get paid without the 35 points, then it is a requirement, no? I agree that someone working the business should certainly produce that much in sales or why bother.
    $200 is the price of a value pack in the US. That is a ton more products than anyone would ever need in a month. And to have that as a back up order is ridiculous.
    Well, wasn't that person above saying their downline tried to make them take just that?? Just asking.
    Now if you are talking canadian prices $200 MIGHT be the 75 point back up order. But that still sounds a little high to me.
    Don't know. You'll have to ask our friend above.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Okay, I'm a little slow...so you if you don't use 35 points each month, you don't get...what exactly?? Sorry, but I'm not getting the message, I guess.
    You only get the prefferred cusotmer price if you order (or recieve a back up order) for 35 points or more. You only get advantage rewards if you order 35 points of products, You only get the discounts on serivces if you order 35 points.

So then WITHOUT the monthly "buy" of 35 points, you get no check? That sounds like a requirement to me.
    Yes you are correct. Melaleuca is a set up on "profit sharing" If you are not using the products yourself you dont share in the profit and dont get a check.
    But quite frankly if your not using the products yourself what are you doing trying to get others to buy them? If you are trying to get other to buy them and you dont believe in them yourslef isnt that a little crooked??

Sorry, just using the numbers the unfortunate soul above quoted. Maybe they were wrong, and maybe that's where you are disputing them??
    Ya I just dont understand why on earth they are set up for $200 a month? That is ridiculous!

But again, if you do not get paid without the 35 points, then it is a requirement, no? I agree that someone working the business should certainly produce that much in sales or why bother.
    Yes to get a check it is a requirement. But you have to realize most of the people in Melaleuca are jsut customers. The ones complaining were not gettign a check anyway. If you dont want to place an order and your not going to be getting a check then just change your status.

Its not a hand out. You have to work to get a check. And if you are trying to find customers you better be a product of the products or you are wasting your time. People look at what your are doing and not what you are saying.

Well, wasn't that person above saying their downline tried to make them take just that?? Just asking.

Don't know. You'll have to ask our friend above.

I forgot what you were repsonging to there. But if someone was trying to get them set up a $200 autoship that is ridiculous. What on earth were they trying to accomplish. Instead of trying to get them to do a $200 back up order why not show them more products for them to use. Setting someone up on an expensive backup order is like suicide to your buisness. If they were to get one backup order, the then would quit, then they would send the back up order back to get a refund. Then you have jsut destroyed your credibility, lost a customers, and have a retraction coming out of your next check for the returned products. If someone tried setting me up with a $200 backup order I would run the other direction as well! I wasnt trying to start an argument. Mostly I was just saying "what the $#@&$ thats not the way it works"

Bottom line. In any buisness! The truth is enough!! Trying to trick, cheat and scam someone into someting is sucuide to your buisness!
    Last edited by mlmskeptic; 02-15-2006 at 11:19 PM.

Bottom line. In any buisness! The truth is enough!! Trying to trick, cheat and scam someone into someting is sucuide to your buisness!
    As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyC
    After signing on I was then forwarded dozen of emails and files to be down loaded to read with regards to the company and what they expected of me by different people (down-line/up-line) and the rep who signed me on, literature I wish I was able to read before I say “yes”. That material drove me to the investigative measures I they took for the next 48 hours. If I had seen or was able to read any of the material forwarded to me I would have never signed on with them. I signed on January 2, 2006 and canceled on January 4, 2006. They rep who signed me on said that after 30 days if I was not satisfied I could get my money returned to me. As a new rep she had the money deducted from my account and my 1st order placed. Then I got an email from her saying that I would go much further with the company if I purchased the Career Pack instead of the Value Pack and she would help me by giving me her old list of 200 names to get started. This would mean I would be spending $200.00 a month instead of $75.00 a month. I had not even received the first order of product why would I agree to spending more money on something I seems, touched, smelled, etc.
    NancyC, obviously you misunderstood because it could not have happened this way. I am not with the MomsWin team, but do know how they operate. I've had a couple of their team members on my Fast Track team before, and have also heard their training call. If a person indicates they want to build a business, and not just be a customer, the team takes them seriously. They send info about the products, the business and how the support team operates right away, and follow up to help by phone. This is training material to help the new person quickly get up to speed.

As for the Career Pack, the rep might have suggested the Career Pack rather than the Value Pack because you indicated you wanted to build a business. However...that did not mean you would be spending $200 per month.

The Career Pack is offered to new customers only at a greatly reduced price, and has nothing to do with monthly orders. After the first two months as a customer, the Career Pack is not even available unless there is a special promotion allowing people to reset Pacesetter, which happens about once a year. Bottom line, whether you are in the US or in Canada, the requirement is 35 base points. Not only that, but if you set up a big backup order as a new customer, the company would call to make sure that's what you really wanted to do. They question anything over 150 base points in a month.

My question is this. If your first order had already been placed, then why would you even be buying the Value Pack at this point? You say she wanted you to consider the Career Pack instead of the Value Pack, so why were you placing a second order at all within 2 days? Something here makes no sense.

Another thing about the backup order...most people, even if they ordinarily place a big order each month, will set the backup order up for the minimum that they know they will always order each month anyway. I've never even heard of anyone setting up a backup order that big. Even after hitting Director and above, most people set up the minimum 75 base points for their backup order unless they know they will always order more than that each month and want those products sent in the event they forget to place an order some month.

Then today I called Melaleuca and was told that the money was sent to a “Clearing House”. I asked what was a “clearing house” and she told me that it was my banks responsibility to go there to get the money. I called my bank and they didn’t know what I was talking about. They never heard of such an unethical way to doing business returning someone’s money. The rep at my bank asked if I wanted to open a case to have Melaleuca investigate and they to go after them. I said yes. This will take 10 days and will contact me after that.
    That statement is absolutely ludicrous. I've dealt with customer service many times, and helped several people cancel. There is no clearing house. If you are still confused, pm me and I will 3-way you into Melaleuca myself...my dime. If this really happened, contact me. I want to hear it myself.

I’m the fool, for believing something I knew wasn’t for real. Now I’m doing battle to get my money returned, and as promised if I wasn’t satisfied. I haven’t met anyone that likes the product or has a nice thing to say about this company.
    It is real. And please tell me this...how many people with Melaleuca could you have met within 2 days? And if you knew these people before enrolling, and they didn't like the products, then why would you even consider it anyway?
    Last edited by brendakc; 02-16-2006 at 04:17 AM.
    All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident. --Schopenhauer.

OpenQuestion, the links below might help answer your questions.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=35414&postcount=33

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=35416&postcount=34
    All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second it is violently opposed. Third it is accepted as being self-evident. --Schopenhauer.

Quote Originally Posted by brendakc
    Thanks. The first one explained things pretty clearly.

Yes, and keep telling yourself...."It's a real company...It's a real company...It's a real company......"

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Yes, and keep telling yourself...."It's a real company...It's a real company...It's a real company......"

Let see Inc 500 company, 20 years consistent grwoth, multiple environmental excellance awards, multiple blue chip enterprise awards, 2005 Better Business Bureau Hall of Fame Award. Ya it must be a fake company, how could any reall company have sucha godo track record.

Here is the truth.
    MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO MELALEUCA DO NOT DO IT FOR A BUISNESS THEY DO IT FOR THE PRODUCTS AND THE MONEY THEY SAVE BY GETTING BETTER SAFER PRODUCTS DELIVERED TO THEIR DOOR.

60% Of the people in Melaleuca do not get a check at all.

Then you have all the Market Executives through Marketing Executives III that are gettinga check because people above them placed people under them.

Then you have probalby atleast half of the people who reached Director get to that point just to get their products for free. But they dont plan to build a big income with Melaleuca.

Anyone who is Director II or above has developed some sort of leadership skills and has discipline and consistency to get to that point.

Here is the truth about the business builders. It is not a get rich quick scheme. Your first 2 or 3 months you get a check between $400 and $600 each month. Then once you have learned some leadership and to teach others you start to see some very accelerated growth. It takes consistency and persistency to make it. Not everyone has the patience.

Someone who is in the range of Director 2 to Director 5 and is not growing just casually built their business for a second income and loves whatever they do duing the day. But the few who go on to be a Senior Director and Executive Dirctor have put in a lot of hard to get there. And the Dozen people at Corpoprate Director LIVE and BREATH Melaleuca. And they have lived and Breathed Melaeuca for YEARS.

But a High School drop out getting a check of over $31,000 in the 7th month, and making a total of over $174,000 in 2005 just our first full year in the business. Thats speaks for itself.. ANYONE who has the self discipline to be consistant CAN do this. It does not matter you background. Its not for everyone most people lack the drive. It takes a lot of work. And that the truth. Now You guys go ahead and keep bashing Melaleuca all you want. In the meantime I will continue to collect a 5 figure check every month. Enjoy.

Mela Poo Poo Still Sucks It's Mlm And They Steal Your Money If You Not The One On Top

Let see Inc 500 company, 20 years consistent grwoth, multiple environmental excellance awards, multiple blue chip enterprise awards, 2005 Better Business Bureau Hall of Fame Award. Ya it must be a fake company, how could any reall company have sucha godo track record.

Here is the truth.
    MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO DO MELALEUCA DO NOT DO IT FOR A BUISNESS THEY DO IT FOR THE PRODUCTS AND THE MONEY THEY SAVE BY GETTING BETTER SAFER PRODUCTS DELIVERED TO THEIR DOOR.

60% Of the people in Melaleuca do not get a check at all.

Then you have all the Market Executives through Marketing Executives III that are gettinga check because people above them placed people under them.

Then you have probalby atleast half of the people who reached Director get to that point just to get their products for free. But they dont plan to build a big income with Melaleuca.

Anyone who is Director II or above has developed some sort of leadership skills and has discipline and consistency to get to that point.

Here is the truth about the business builders. It is not a get rich quick scheme. Your first 2 or 3 months you get a check between $400 and $600 each month. Then once you have learned some leadership and to teach others you start to see some very accelerated growth. It takes consistency and persistency to make it. Not everyone has the patience.

Someone who is in the range of Director 2 to Director 5 and is not growing just casually built their business for a second income and loves whatever they do duing the day. But the few who go on to be a Senior Director and Executive Dirctor have put in a lot of hard to get there. And the Dozen people at Corpoprate Director LIVE and BREATH Melaleuca. And they have lived and Breathed Melaeuca for YEARS.

But a High School drop out getting a check of over $31,000 in the 7th month, and making a total of over $174,000 in 2005 just our first full year in the business. Thats speaks for itself.. ANYONE who has the self discipline to be consistant CAN do this. It does not matter you background. Its not for everyone most people lack the drive. It takes a lot of work. And that the truth. Now You guys go ahead and keep bashing Melaleuca all you want. In the meantime I will continue to collect a 5 figure check every month. Enjoy.
    Can you tell me what percentage of Melauca sales people make a positive earnings? What percentage of Melalueca sales people make over $20,000 a year? How many hours does the average person, making over $20,000, have to work to make this amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    Can you tell me what percentage of Melauca sales people make a positive earnings? What percentage of Melalueca sales people make over $20,000 a year? How many hours does the average person, making over $20,000, have to work to make this amount?
    No, they can't.