take care
    tripolibynight

Re: Mannatech

Mannatech founder resigns as CEO but remains chairman

Caster still chairman of company facing attorney general suit

09:52 PM CDT on Tuesday, August 21, 2007
    By JASON ROBERSON / The Dallas Morning News
    [email protected]

Mannatech Inc., the embattled supplier of nutritional products, said Tuesday that its founder, chairman and chief executive officer, Samuel L. Caster, has resigned as CEO effective immediately.

Mr. Caster will continue to serve as chairman of the board at the company he founded more than a decade ago.

The resignation came as a surprise. The company said in a separate statement to The Dallas Morning News that the decision had nothing to do with an ongoing lawsuit filed by the Texas attorney general's office over Mannetech's marketing practices.

The attorney general's office said Tuesday that Mr. Caster's resignation does not stop or alter its lawsuit against the Coppell-based company.

A company news release cited two reasons for the resignation: One, he had already "achieved significant milestones," and two, he wants to concentrate on his "passion for working with independent associate leaders" within the company.

Two weeks ago, the company posted an 82 percent drop in quarterly earnings. For the three months ended June 30, Mannatech reported a net income of $1.5 million, or 6 cents per share, down from $8.6 million, or 31 cents per share, for the same period a year ago.

Increased legal expenses were one reason for the profit drop, Mr. Caster said earlier this month.

On July 5, Attorney General Greg Abbott filed suit in Travis County District Court accusing Mannatech of exaggerating the therapeutic benefits of its products for people with cancer, Down syndrome, cystic fibrosis and other serious conditions as a way to increase sales.

Two weeks after being sued, Mannatech released new sales and marketing guidelines for associates, including an order to immediately stop using questionable marketing materials. Mannatech also announced a satisfaction-guaranteed refund policy after the suit was filed.

Mannatech's directors have appointed president and chief operating officer Terry L. Persinger as interim CEO while the company searches for a permanent successor. Mr. Persinger also wants to retire from Mannatech, the company said.
    Yes, I know I can't spell. I just type to fast, don't care and don't have enough time to spell check.
    So please judge my post on content, not spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by mj363
    Didn't the lawsuit say that the company set up special sessions at their conventions for people to give personal testimonials which were video taped and then distributed. These testimonials included terminally ill cancer patients who claimed that the Manatech products had cured them?
    Does not suprise me.. These people are scammers..
    Yes, I know I can't spell. I just type to fast, don't care and don't have enough time to spell check.
    So please judge my post on content, not spelling.

looks like i get to requite mannatech folks now... :D

Im starting to think the demise of Mannatech is in the near future with all this exposure they brought on themselves. You make the bed you lie in.

Hey Nature,I checked out your website dude, expect me to call and order a bottle of this stuff,it looks original and i do not see anyone doing this,i need some help with my slight high blood pressure and could afford to lose some poundage as well,really a pretty neat site.talk to you soon Mike

Mike? Havent seen or heard from you in a while. Howd the eye surgery go? I hope all is well with that. I appreciate the order man, things have really taken off over last few months. Remember, success is a choice!!

You know it really is a sad day when Mannatech uses Christianity and a promise of cures and miracles to sell their product. I know several people who sell their products and although they are not supposed to legally claim they cure things, these associates do claim cures and miracles. The unfortunate people they get to take this gypsy juice and ambrotose powder get taken to the cleaners month after month paying anywhere from $100-$200 dollars a month for products that gave them a false hope, which is sad to see especially in Cancer patients who hold on to these false claims as a last hope.

It saddens me to read such babble from those that do not know of which they speak of..........
    until you try the product for a legitimate health concern you may have, can you really speak with any authority on the subject of Mannatech?
    My best friend from childhood told me about Mannatech when I told her of a serious health problem I have.
    I was very skeptical of the products, however, my alternative was to have medical treatment that I would not put myself nor my family through from the horror stories I've heard of it physically, menatally and financially(no insurance). The Dr. could only at best tell me 6 months into treatment if it was actually working or not to continue for a whole year if it was working. Oh, and I could have thoughts of suicide while getting treatment.
    I started the Ambrotose! Wow, my energy level went through the roof for about a month. I felt so good, years younger than my age. After awhile the energy level did drop a little- but still feeling good.
    Prior to getting on the daily regiment of taking the Ambrotose I had a blood test done. After several months of taking the products I had another blood test. My levels had decreased dramatically, which was a good thing!
    I have not had another test done lately, but I still take the products and still love them. I feel good and do not get so tired. I am able to get things done.
    I know these products have worked for me. I do not care about Big Pharma trying to bring Mannatech and Sam Caster down. I have met Sam Caster and he is a really nice decent man. His wife is the real Christian that brought him to her way of thinking.
    I do feel God answered my prayers and I thank my best friend for bringing Mannatech into my life.
    I have the option to share these with others and make a commission although I have not done that.
    I know this is a sensitive subject with the Attorney General and I hope I have not spoken out of bounds here. I have just told my story of these products and what they did for me. I will be glad to share my blood tests with anyone who cares to ask for them.
    Oh yes, I too suffer from migraines like a previous poster mentioned. I would get cluster migraines that lasted for days. Like her, they are rare now and all I have to do is lay down for about 30 minutes and it goes away. That is a Blessing!!!!
    Last edited by tbow; 02-02-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportmike View Post
    Hey Nature,I checked out your website dude, expect me to call and order a bottle of this stuff,it looks original and i do not see anyone doing this,i need some help with my slight high blood pressure and could afford to lose some poundage as well,really a pretty neat site.talk to you soon Mike
    If you want to reduce your high blood pressure, you can try a couple of things by making some dietary changes. Eliminate adding salt to your food (if you do so) and try to read your food labels. I eat a lot of dry cereals and I was stunned to learn that many "healthy" cereals like the granola type and even plain janers like Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies are loaded with salt. We're talking a few hundred milligrams of salt for a cup of cereal. Likewise with any manufactured and processed foods. Processed meats and canned foods are to be avoided if you can.

I have a relative with high blood pressure and they were told to eliminate the excess salt from their diets. When they do so, their blood pressure decreases.

I hope this helps.

Rawb

PS: My wife reminded me to recommend to you to try walking everyday and drink lots of water as well for better results. :
    Last edited by Rawb; 02-12-2008 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    PS: My wife reminded me to recommend to you to try walking everyday and drink lots of water as well for better results. :
    A little known key practice that "cures" many ailments.

I'll add: purified (distilled), filtered water is ideal.

When I signed on with Mannatech through my baby sister, I was not convinced, but doing my sisterly thing that I often do. Little did I know that this was the time that she was actually putting me on something that I think has saved my life and has taken away so much of the pain from my body, that I don't have a daily death wish anymore. I can't seem to make any money at it, and have given away many bottles that noone used, obviously not believing me. A daily quarter tsp. of Ambrotose- original classic does these for me: keeps my legs from aching; my breasts from being sore; takes away all my joint pains (they all were highly inflammed); and, I have been sick only once in over 10 yrs. I am not on any medications except occasionally a half an asprin. I will swear by the PLUS, SPORT, Ambrotose and Emprizone. No scam, and no sugar pill.

This company and its products are a complete fraud. Don't believe me, they paid 7.5 million doolars to the Texas Atorney General due to their fraud. You can also find numerous other lawsuite here in the US and overseas. As of today they owe the iRS 10 Million.

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/lawsuits.php#32