+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Mohamed?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Who is Mohamed?

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Hmmmmm. And Bush is trying to usher him in.

LM
    Yes, and some contradiction eh?... Is supposed to promote peace and
    love.

Does that sound diabolical, or what?

All organized religions started off as cults. They just got more respectable as the centuries went by.

Or less respectable, depending on how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    That's it? Just the last prophet in a long string of many? And what is the message of Islam?

Why, the message of Islam is "Peace" of course........ :rolleyes:

That's it? Just the last prophet in a long string of many? And what is the message of Islam?
    Oh yeah and dont forget "Tolerance" as well........ :rolleyes:

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusted
    All organized religions started off as cults. They just got more respectable as the centuries went by.
    Do they really? I think NOT, being their camaflouged deceitful trappings.

I think more dominating, exploitive, controlling.

How much REAL concern is demonstrated for the individual's personal
    spirituality?

There are actually four primary means used to possess and control other
    humans:

Food

Sex

Money

Religion

Most that use these means for control are interested in dominion, power,
    authority over all others for their personal self-gain. Not in the better-
    ment of the lot of humanity and the advancement of civilization.

What's the solution?: it is up to the individual to take care of theirself.
    Not an Ego thing, Narcisstic, just survival, self-defense.

Should not be accomplished in a vindictive and hostile manner.
    Merely quietly, with self-confidence, self assurance and calculated intent
    toward this accomplishement.

Spurn those whom seek to possess, control you, by, through ANY means.

Nuture and support those that do the same for you.

Don't aid and abet those that seek to "build castle in the air", especially
    at the expense of your spirituality and loss of self-dominion!

http://www.muslim-answers.org/Introd...lam/unique.htm

The word "Islam" is an Arabic word which means "complete submission to the will of Almighty God".

Muhammad is the final prophet of Islam -- not the first. Additionally, Islam is the true "religion of Abraham", because Abraham completely submitted himself to the revealed will of Almighty God.

The scripture of Islam, called the Qur'an, repeatedly addresses all human beings by saying: "O mankind!" Additionally, in the Qur'an, Almighty God is never addressed as the God of a particular people or nation. From the very beginning of the mission of Prophet Muhammad, his followers came from a wide spectrum of individuals -- there was Bilal, the African slave; Suhaib, the Byzantine Roman; Ibn Sailam, the Jewish Rabbi; and Salman, the Persian. Since religious truth is eternal and unchanging, and mankind is one universal brotherhood, God's revelations to man have always been consistent and universal. Submission to the will of God, and worshipping Him alone without intermediaries, has always been the only religion acceptable to Almighty God.

Islam not just a "religion" in the traditional sense, because it is not just confined to acts of worship, morality and other aspects of personal piety. The teachings of Islam, even though they do cover religious rituals and morality, also encompass all other aspects of life. The Prophet Muhammad's mission encompassed not only spiritual and religious teachings, but also included guidance for such things as social reform, economics, politics, warfare and family life. Thus due to the diversity and success of Muhammad's mission, Muslims have clear guidance from God and His Final Prophet on all aspects of life. This goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic belief that Almighty God does not leave human beings without guidance in their daily lives -- thus His guidance is all-encompassing. Due to God's wisdom, and because Islam is the final revealed religion, the guidance that God has sent is applicable for all times and for all places. This can be seen in the fact that the guidance for some aspects of life is much more broad and flexible than others. Additionally, in the Qur'an, Almighty God has revealed to mankind that the purpose of our creation is to worship and remember God in all aspects of our life, and to follow His guidance in everything that we do. Thus Islam does not accept a secular view of government and society, but only one based on the Law of God. Nor does Islam leave it to human beings to decide what is right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral based on their whims, desires or man-made idea. In short, Islam does not teach people to "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's" because, according to Islam, everything belongs to God. Like all of its other teachings, Islam's view of other religions is balanced, realistic and moderate. Islam doesn't view other religions as being either completely true nor completely false, but believes that all true religions were at one time divinely revealed. However, over time the teachings of the various religions, due to a variety of reasons, have become distorted and mixed with made-man ideas. But nonetheless, Muslims are required to be tolerant of other revealed religions since the Qur'an clearly says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion".

Qur'an: http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

Namaste'

Lady Mod
    Jesus was celibate, but Muhamad had about a dozen wives. Muhamad fought with the sword, but Jesus fought with God's love. Jesus loved so much that he even would sacrifice his life for the very kind of people that tortured him. In this, Jesus demonstrates the total submission the fellow in the above description talks about.

The problem I have with accepting Islam is that it claims Muhamad was the greatest man who ever lived. But next to Jesus, I just don't see how... at all.

Give to Caesar's what is Caesar's. If he wants gold, give it all to him. He can't take it with him where he's going, and his empire toppled as all empires do. If Christians and Muslims want to go to war, then go ahead and do that evil. The true battle is not between religions, but between good and evil. Jesus said clothe the naked, feed the hungry, help the needy, and so here is where the true battle is fought.

- Ronald
    Last edited by Ronald; 02-13-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT
    Why, the message of Islam is "Peace" of course........ :rolleyes:
    Yes, I believe hippies had that same message.

Jesus was celibate, but Muhamad had about a dozen wives. Muhamad fought with the sword, but Jesus fought with God's love. Jesus loved so much that he even would sacrifice his life for the very kind of people that tortured him. In this, Jesus demonstrates the total submission the fellow in the above description talks about.
    I'm not sure what celibacy has to do with being a prophet or man of God? Priests take a vow of celibacy and a disturbing number of them are pedophiles. Mother Teresa gave/sacrificed her entire life to helping the poor and unwanted, the outcasts, she could be said to be a modern day prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the
    unloved they are Jesus in disguise.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only
    today. Let us begin.

Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a
    great thing.

It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the
    doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put
    in the giving.

Nakedness is not only for a piece of clothing; nakedness is lack of human dignity, and also that beautiful virtue of purity, and lack of that respect for each other.
    Mahatma Ghandi (not a christian) was a peaceful man, he too could be said to be a modern day prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ghandi
    My soul refuses to be satisfied so long as it is a helpless witness of a single wrong or a single misery. But it is not possible for me, a weak, frail, miserable being, to mend every wrong or to hold myself free of blame for all the wrong I see.

The spirit in me pulls one way, the flesh in me pulls in the opposite direction. There is freedom from the action of these two forces, but that freedom is attainable only by slow and painful stages.

I cannot attain freedom by a mechanical refusal to act, but only by intelligent action in a detached manner. This struggle resolves itself into an incessant crucifixion of the flesh so that the spirit may become entirely free.
    The problem I have with accepting Islam is that it claims Muhamad was the greatest man who ever lived. But next to Jesus, I just don't see how... at all.
    All religions have their "greatest men whoever lived", their wisest prophet that shows them the way to God. That doesn't necessarily make one belief better than another, the core of each belief is much the same. The downfall is that men are incapable of attaining that kind of life on his own. He must walk away and desert the things of the world and few are able to do that.

Give to Caesar's what is Caesar's. If he wants gold, give it all to him. He can't take it with him where he's going, and his empire toppled as all empires do. If Christians and Muslims want to go to war, then go ahead and do that evil. The true battle is not between religions, but between good and evil. Jesus said clothe the naked, feed the hungry, help the needy, and so here is where the true battle is fought.

- Ronald
    Namaste'

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 02-14-2006 at 12:39 AM.

I'm not sure what celibacy has to do with being a prophet or man of God?
    It's a sacrifice of purity one makes. When one marries, one's focus becomes divided between pleasing God and pleasing your husband or wife. Paul writes in New Testament that it is better for one not to be married. Jesus also says that if one does have the gift of celibacy and can do without a partner, that they should.

Priests take a vow of celibacy and a disturbing number of them are pedophiles.
    You know what's even more disturbing is the high number of pedophiles among non-believers. When you look at how much pedophile content is on the internet, I guess you can't trust anyone who has a computer, huh?

Mother Teresa gave/sacrificed her entire life to helping the poor and unwanted, the outcasts, she could be said to be a modern day prophet.

Mahatma Ghandi (not a christian) was a peaceful man, he too could be said to be a modern day prophet.
    Anyone can be a prophet if he so chooses to. Some are just more notable than others. You can also be an apostle or priest if you want to. So, basically, we're in agreement here.

All religions have their "greatest men whoever lived", their wisest prophet that shows them the way to God. That doesn't necessarily make one belief better than another, the core of each belief is much the same.
    Not so at all. In fact, all beliefs and religions are different. But Christianity does not merely boast that Jesus was the greatest man who ever lived, but that he was sinless. He was completely selfless, always obedient, and the only person on Earth who did not deserve the punishment he took for us on the cross. Mother Teresa and Gandhi, although wonderful and revered icons, have sinned themselves and have fallen short of God's perfect expectations.

2000 years ago, a man who claimed to be the Son of God was flogged. But no matter how much they tortured him, they could not get him to renounce his claim. And when they hammered him to the cross, he cried out in love and compassion to forgive the people spitting on him, and torturing him. I could not have imagined such a thing. Tears well in my eyes just thinking about it. No one has ever better demonstrated's God's love and grace.

- Ronald

If you can try to understand the enormity of Jesus' character - well, we can't really, but just try - he fasted in the desert for 40 days. Now, that's not really that incredible. I think David Blaine could pull that off. But the thing is the Devil himself was with him, tempting him in his time of hunger and thirst.

In Jesus' time of need, the Devil so desperately tried to get this man to sin. Just one sin, no matter how small, would be enough to make him not be able to carry punishment for the sin of the world. The Devil took him to a mountain top so high that he could see the world, and offered it all to him. Jesus denied it. No bribe, no relief to the pain, nothing could stop this man from loving the very people who were going to wrong him.

Jesus never dropped the torch. I did. During times of my weakness, I've been unfaithful to God. Not him. He did so much, anything he could, to try and save us.

- Ronald

Ronald, would you like me to move your thread to the Religious forum? You seem to have gotten off topic.

Lady Mod

I believe that what has been said here relates directly to every political decision ever made. I would like it kept here, if you would be kind enough.

- Ronald

I believe that what has been said here relates directly to every political decision ever made. I would like it kept here, if you would be kind enough.

- Ronald
    Actually, it doesn't but I'll allow it to stay until I get a complaint about it. This kind of preaching is more appropriate on the Religious forum, Ronald. Your last post was out of context.

Lady Mod

Fair enough. But then, if you do get a complaint, perhaps just delete the last post. I know emotions can easily get in the way here, and offense easily taken. But with the reaction to the cartoons, it is obvious that religion is playing a key role in politics. I think a culture clash and education on this forum would be healthy.

- Ronald

Fair enough. But then, if you do get a complaint, perhaps just delete the last post. I know emotions can easily get in the way here, and offense easily taken. But with the reaction to the cartoons, it is obvious that religion is playing a key role in politics. I think a culture clash and education on this forum would be healthy.

- Ronald
    All right, that's fair enough. I do disagree with you over a culture clash on this forum being healthy though. That is not what this forum is about.

Namaste'

Lady Mod