+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Mohamed?

Who is Mohamed?

I know I spelled his name wrong. I tried doing a search on his name, but I got lost in way too much writing on the guy. Can anyone here concisely write in one paragraph, maybe 3 to 5 sentences, who this person was and what was his significance?

- Ronald

Re: Who is Mohamed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I know I spelled his name wrong. I tried doing a search on his name, but I got lost in way too much writing on the guy. Can anyone here concisely write in one paragraph, maybe 3 to 5 sentences, who this person was and what was his significance?

- Ronald
    Muhammad is believed by Muslims to be God's final prophet sent to guide all of mankind with the message of Islam. He is referred to as "The Prophet" (Arabic: ÇáäÈ*) within the faith. Non-Muslims generally consider him to be the founder of Islam.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

That's it? Just the last prophet in a long string of many? And what is the message of Islam?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Muhammad is considered by Muslims as the Spokes-being of God on this
    planet. Non other is considered any greater than he by Islam.

Jesus Christ is recognized by Islam, but ONLY as a sub-prophet of
    the religious hierarchy.

Also recognized is Moses and Abraham. Many Muslim men's name are
    deriatives of Abraham, such as Ibrahim, Ebraham and Arabam.

He was born in Mecca, which is now in Saudai Arabia. In his time, many
    of his people were Pagans that practiced Idolatory, much blood sacrifice
    and some human sacrifice. Mostly in the form of throwing infant humans
    in sacrifical fires. There was also a very large idol made of metal into
    which humans were installed and burned alive in this thing.

He, in short, was out of favor with these practices and due to some (?)
    personal protest and outward signs of not favoring these practices,
    was exiled from the town, on fear of death. Preciscely, he had been
    put on notice that if they caught him and some other like individuals
    they would be murdered.

He went to Medina, another City, now of Saudia Arabia. By happen-
    stance he became a mediator of two waring opposing major tribal
    factions. He was able to establish himself as a mediator between these
    two factions. They never fully declared peace, but an abiding, uneasy
    truce, good enough, for the most part to allow them to function in
    accomplishing mutual interest goals.

Muhammad persuaded these two factions to return to Mecca, the Pagan
    center, with him. They attacked the Pagans and overcame them. Took
    possession of the "religious center" previously used for the sacrifices
    and made it a holy place for the emerging Muslim religion, which yet
    was not recognized as such.

The site seen at Mecca which, is the large black square area is the focal
    point of all of this. It is believed by many advanced civilized nation
    "authorities" as the resting place of a meteorite from space, among others,
    which struck the earth some millions of years prior.

It was about 600 years after his death that he achieved his present
    indicated position of respect in Islam.

The two warring factions are today probably the Shiite and Sunni Muslim
    factions. Although they were not know in this regard at the time of his
    mediation with them. They were not oriented as Muslims at that time.
    Last edited by coontie; 02-12-2006 at 02:40 AM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    That's it? Just the last prophet in a long string of many? And what is the message of Islam?
    http://www.muslim-answers.org/Introd...lam/unique.htm

The word "Islam" is an Arabic word which means "complete submission to the will of Almighty God".

Muhammad is the final prophet of Islam -- not the first. Additionally, Islam is the true "religion of Abraham", because Abraham completely submitted himself to the revealed will of Almighty God.

The scripture of Islam, called the Qur'an, repeatedly addresses all human beings by saying: "O mankind!" Additionally, in the Qur'an, Almighty God is never addressed as the God of a particular people or nation. From the very beginning of the mission of Prophet Muhammad, his followers came from a wide spectrum of individuals -- there was Bilal, the African slave; Suhaib, the Byzantine Roman; Ibn Sailam, the Jewish Rabbi; and Salman, the Persian. Since religious truth is eternal and unchanging, and mankind is one universal brotherhood, God's revelations to man have always been consistent and universal. Submission to the will of God, and worshipping Him alone without intermediaries, has always been the only religion acceptable to Almighty God.

Islam not just a "religion" in the traditional sense, because it is not just confined to acts of worship, morality and other aspects of personal piety. The teachings of Islam, even though they do cover religious rituals and morality, also encompass all other aspects of life. The Prophet Muhammad's mission encompassed not only spiritual and religious teachings, but also included guidance for such things as social reform, economics, politics, warfare and family life. Thus due to the diversity and success of Muhammad's mission, Muslims have clear guidance from God and His Final Prophet on all aspects of life. This goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic belief that Almighty God does not leave human beings without guidance in their daily lives -- thus His guidance is all-encompassing. Due to God's wisdom, and because Islam is the final revealed religion, the guidance that God has sent is applicable for all times and for all places. This can be seen in the fact that the guidance for some aspects of life is much more broad and flexible than others. Additionally, in the Qur'an, Almighty God has revealed to mankind that the purpose of our creation is to worship and remember God in all aspects of our life, and to follow His guidance in everything that we do. Thus Islam does not accept a secular view of government and society, but only one based on the Law of God. Nor does Islam leave it to human beings to decide what is right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral based on their whims, desires or man-made idea. In short, Islam does not teach people to "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's" because, according to Islam, everything belongs to God. Like all of its other teachings, Islam's view of other religions is balanced, realistic and moderate. Islam doesn't view other religions as being either completely true nor completely false, but believes that all true religions were at one time divinely revealed. However, over time the teachings of the various religions, due to a variety of reasons, have become distorted and mixed with made-man ideas. But nonetheless, Muslims are required to be tolerant of other revealed religions since the Qur'an clearly says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion".

Qur'an: http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/koran/browse.html

Namaste'

Lady Mod

umdkook Guest

personally i really dont understand religions that have holy prophets, specifically the Christian and Muslim religion.
    They talk about g-d and how pure and holy he is, so how on earth could a simple HUMAN, a regular man, all of a sudden become holy himself??? one day people just decided ."hey remember that Jesus guy, he is defintely THE man and we should worship him. on the flip side other people said "hey remember that mohhamed guy, he seems like a good guy to be holy, lets make him a prophet".

with teh pureness and holiness of g-d, it seems almost arrogant to even consider that a human being could become holy and the prophet of g-ds words.

just my thoughts...i dont support any religion at all, just so you know where im coming from.

If what Lady Mod printed was true then they would not want to kill Jews. I hope she does not believe the crap she printed here.

umdkook Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    If what Lady Mod printed was true then they would not want to kill Jews. I hope she does not believe the crap she printed here.
    i dont think it is crap at all. Muslims who are true to their faith are usually very brotherhood oriented, friendly to outsiders, and very accomodating and caring towards their fellow man. somehow in the past 1000 some have managed to turn into a group that enjoys blowing themselves up in the name of Muhhamed, and have got a larrgee folowing behind them.

some people are just too weak minded to think about the way things are, they just give in to their hate (like the Dark Side). its easy to blame the big guy when you yourself are "small". big=rich, small =dirt poor

I was doing a search for another member who asked a question. And what would it matter to you what I believe or do not believe? You are not my judge or keeper.

It's one thing Worried to be ignorant and remain silent, it's quite another to speak out and remove all doubt to your ignorance. Are you taking lessons from Raider?

Lady Mod

You seem to be of the delusion that any person calling themselves by the name of any religion performing any act is therefore, by their self-proclaimed status, representative of that religion.

The crusaders, inquisitors, and conquistadors, therefore, represented "Christianity". It follows, then, that one could quote the Bible and respond in kind, "I hope nobody believes the crap printed in that book."

Then again, it just may be possible that not everyone who says "I am a Christian" or "I am a Muslim" is truly what they say they are. It just might be possible that people may say such things and represent the exact opposite of the true religion they falsely claim to represent.

I'm sure that's not too difficult for you to grasp, Worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    You seem to be of the delusion that any person calling themselves by the name of any religion performing any act is therefore, by their self-proclaimed status, representative of that religion.

The crusaders, inquisitors, and conquistadors, therefore, represented "Christianity". It follows, then, that one could quote the Bible and respond in kind, "I hope nobody believes the crap printed in that book."

Then again, it just may be possible that not everyone who says "I am a Christian" or "I am a Muslim" is truly what they say they are. It just might be possible that people may say such things and represent the exact opposite of the true religion they falsely claim to represent.

I'm sure that's not too difficult for you to grasp, Worried.

Amen... too often the Rule and not the exception!

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    i dont think it is crap at all. Muslims who are true to their faith are usually very brotherhood oriented, friendly to outsiders, and very accomodating and caring towards their fellow man. somehow in the past 1000 some have managed to turn into a group that enjoys blowing themselves up in the name of Muhhamed, and have got a larrgee folowing behind them.

some people are just too weak minded to think about the way things are, they just give in to their hate (like the Dark Side). its easy to blame the big guy when you yourself are "small". big=rich, small =dirt poor
    Well, as time goes by, we all, ever more, will CERTAINLY have the opportunity
    to find out what is to come!

Good Ronnie of Toronto, Mohammad was the original twister and deceiver of the Arabic nomads. They rallied behind his empty promises and half truths' for his belief in spreading faith through domination, indoctrination, and ultimately your death if you wouldn't follow his rules. Mohammad was the first to "invent" additions to the Quran, I think it's called "Hadith" or something like that. this is where he got his power to lead, and lead he did. He lead his followers to hate the Jews and enter a Holy war that has no end in sight.

BTW, he is not the last prophet, The 12th will enter the world into the last days per: the Quran. Biblical scholars call this 12th Imam; the anti-Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Good Ronnie of Toronto, Mohammad was the original twister and deceiver of the Arabic nomads. They rallied behind his empty promises and half truths' for his belief in spreading faith through domination, indoctrination, and ultimately your death if you wouldn't follow his rules.
    Could you give us one example, please? Thanks.

Mohammad was the first to "invent" additions to the Quran, I think it's called "Hadith" or something like that.
    The Hadith is to Islam what the Talmud is to Judaism. The Quran wasn't written in Mohammed's lifetime, just as the books of the New Testament weren't written in Jesus' lifetime. And the Hadith wasn't put into writing until well after that.

this is where he got his power to lead, and lead he did. He lead his followers to hate the Jews and enter a Holy war that has no end in sight.
    On the contrary, he considered Jews fellow "people of the scriptures". He taught tolerance, as the Quran reflects.

Good Ronnie of Toronto, Mohammad was the original twister and deceiver of the Arabic nomads. They rallied behind his empty promises and half truths' for his belief in spreading faith through domination, indoctrination, and ultimately your death if you wouldn't follow his rules. Mohammad was the first to "invent" additions to the Quran, I think it's called "Hadith" or something like that. this is where he got his power to lead, and lead he did. He lead his followers to hate the Jews and enter a Holy war that has no end in sight.

BTW, he is not the last prophet, The 12th will enter the world into the last days per: the Quran. Biblical scholars call this 12th Imam; the anti-Christ!

it's labeled: "duress". The idea is: if you cannot enlist, find willing,
    "natural adherents and your (rhetorical) attempting to build, establish,
    support ANY belief system, organization, then you resort to wrist-twisting,
    then arm-twisting, breaking, sword to the neck, telling people that they
    will be damned to Hell for eternity, shunning, treating as if not decent
    or good enough.

Hey, sound familiar. ALL of the demigods, in all of these religious factions are
    all guilty of one and the same ruthless methods when you strip their
    particualr trappings material away from the Dogma.

Christians, Jews, Muslims, ALL the same. There's a few that want the
    position of power which will provide them will all other things desired by
    humans at the top of the pile, standing on the sheep. Time and time
    again, it is proven, shines through: give ANY human power and dominion
    over others without reasonable, necessary controls and there's
    going to be trouble in paradise!

Some Christians, Jews have thrown up their hands in dismay, disgust and
    walked away from the that doom and gloom arrangement of the inner-
    sanctum; taken personal charge of their spitrituality, shrugged off the
    chaperones, "God-mediators." Muslims, I'm not sure. Although I've known
    some personally; friends, that seemed like ordinary sweet , kind, reasonable
    and respectful people.

Others I am not sure about. Like the cab driver that had a specially
    purchased live Lamb penned up in his garage and he expressed
    how he was anxiously, excitedly awaiting the not too far away day when
    he could go out and cut it's throat as some sort of holy sacrifice.
    I thought, well, obviously some of you folks are not too far departed from
    your Pagan Roots yet, eh?

Said his wife deplored this practice and always gave him a hard time about
    doing this. I thought, hmmm.. maybe she's worried she's next! :rolleyes:

Only thing now is we have to weather the fundamentalists horde of
    Islam, like we have the Christian and Jew orthodoxy for the past few
    centuries.

If there is any fervent prayer that could be sent to God, it would be to
    please relieve us of these pathetic, worrisome parasites and leave us to
    get on with the rest of our lives. Life is fraught with enough peril without
    them manufacturing MORE for us.

To bad we cannot all jointly cooperate to find some desolate, remote
    island to gather all of these various and sundry nit-wits up and put them
    all together there, in isolation from sane, normal people.

Wall the place off from the rest of the world for about ten years, then
    go back and bull-doze what's left of them into the ocean!

Eeeeegaaaad! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:
    Last edited by coontie; 02-12-2006 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spell

Hmmmmm. And Bush is trying to usher him in.

LM