+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Liberals push to give vote to felons

democrats....the next generation....

Liberals push to give vote to felons

By S.A. Miller
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    February 8, 2006

ANNAPOLIS -- Dozens of House Democrats have co-sponsored a bill that would restore voting rights for thousands of felons this election year.
    The Maryland Democratic Party has endorsed the measure, which some House Democrats attribute to the party's aim to oust Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., a Republican seeking re-election.
    "Of course that's the reason," said Delegate Jill P. Carter, Baltimore Democrat and one of the bill's 37 co-sponsors. "But I am just thankful for whatever reason the party has got behind it."
    "It will make a difference [at the polls] if the Democrat-controlled General Assembly gives [felons] the vote," said Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, Baltimore Democrat and the bill's lead sponsor.
    Miss Carter said the state Democratic Party has been trying to shore up black votes since Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, a Republican, in 2002 became the first black to win statewide office in Maryland.
    The measure would return about 150,000 felons to Maryland's voting rolls. About 85,000 of them are black and likely Democrats, according to Justice Maryland, a penal reform group that supports voting rights for felons.
    Convicted murderers, rapists and armed robbers could vote in the Sept. 12 primary and the Nov. 7 general election if the bill becomes law and takes effect July 1.
    The felon vote could decide the election: Mr. Ehrlich won the 2002 governor's race by 66,170 votes, according to the Maryland State Board of Elections.
    His re-election bid is expected to be an even closer contest against either of the Democratic candidates -- Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Malley or Montgomery County Executive Douglas M. Duncan.
    Neither Mr. Ehrlich nor Mr. Steele, who is running for the U.S. Senate, has taken a position on felon voting rights.
    Maryland Republican Party spokeswoman Audra Miller said the bill is the latest in a series of moves by Democrats to tilt election law in their favor.
    Other changes include Democratic lawmakers last month overturning the governor's vetoes of bills to allow early voting and expand the use of provisional ballots and absentee ballots on demand -- measures a bipartisan commission said risk voter fraud.

Re: Liberals push to give vote to felons

Why would you deny one crook from voting for another? Just think, if the new people voted in turn out to be just as corrupt as the ones they replaced, you can now blame it on the Felons instead of the liberals.

LOL.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Why would you deny one crook from voting for another? Just think, if the new people voted in turn out to be just as corrupt as the ones they replaced, you can now blame it on the Felons instead of the liberals.

LOL.

Lady Mod
    I don't thing GOP Felons should be allowed to vote. There's a difference between being a simple crook and being a traitor.

But Dante, didn't you know? There are no "conservative" felons! That's a myth! All felons are "liberals"!

ROFLMAO. Too true Yirmeyahu and Dante, too true!

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    But Dante, didn't you know? There are no "conservative" felons! That's a myth! All felons are "liberals"!
    Right, like George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson who evaded the King's courts and hangmen long enough to establish a Liberal Democracy in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I can't see where that article stated that all felons are "Liberals". All I saw was the Democrat's desperate grab for voters who might support them if they get to vote in the next elections. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel coz that's all they have left. You people are a joke. Maybe you will all shut your traps when the Republicans are relelected, yet again. I certainly hope so, but I will not be dissapointed if you continue to whinge and whine about how badly you think this country is being run. In fact, I get a perverse sense of joy when I realize how much your are hurting!

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    ROFLMAO. Too true Yirmeyahu and Dante, too true!

Lady Mod
    Way too much bum-sucking going on, here!

How about posting a sensible counter argument instead of childish school-yard taunting???

Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Right, like George Washington, Ben Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson who evaded the King's courts and hangmen long enough to establish a Liberal Democracy in America.
    And then, for want of a better system, the American people (remember us?) adopted the Rebublican form of government, so that the wishes of the majority would be granted and not the majority of wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    And then, for want of a better system, the American people (remember us?) adopted the Rebublican form of government, so that the wishes of the majority would be granted and not the majority of wishes.

Websters New World Dictionary
    Main Entry: Democratic-Republican
    Function: adjective
    : of or relating to a major American political party of the early 19th century favoring a strict interpretation of the constitution to restrict the powers of the federal government and emphasizing states' rights.

Yes. .but that's the exact opposite of what we have today under the criminal cabal that has hijacked the name and mantle of the original Republican Party.

The organization calling itself the Republican Party today is no more aligned with traditional American "Republican" values than the Hitler Youth was aligned to The Boy Scouts.

It’s funny how completely brain-dead and oblivious to reality you right-wing chimps are in thinking you’re Republicans, even as your Chimp Dictator tries to ram a $2.7 Trillion Dollar Big Government “budget” down our throats and borrows our great-great grand kids into hock.. And all this is being done while waging hopeless foreign military escapades at a cost of over one billion dollars per week that were launched on a pack of lies, deceit and criminal incompetence. And let’s throw in illegal spying on American citizens, unlimited detentions without due-process, torture gulags, and the sundry undermining of our most essential civil liberties. And you think you’re Republicans.. Ha.ha.ha You Chimps are really so comical. :D

And, furthermore, a Liberal Democracy is in no way, whatsoever, at odds with a Republican system of governance. That's why the same Founding Fathers who instituted that Liberal Democracy decided to establish it within the framework of a Republic ..if we could keep it.

Yes, we remember your ilk. You're the ones whose fascist, totalitarian stench 60% of the American People, as evidenced by the latest polls, are now awakening to since you tried to ensconce the return of a Big Government King back into power in this country.

Fortunately for America, you are likely to meet the same fate as your 18rth Century Tory forebears did as more and more criminal GOP thugs and traitors face their daily increasing indictments and final justice.
    Last edited by dante; 02-10-2006 at 06:30 PM.

I can't see where that article stated that all felons are "Liberals". All I saw was the Democrat's desperate grab for voters who might support them if they get to vote in the next elections. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel coz that's all they have left. You people are a joke. Maybe you will all shut your traps when the Republicans are relelected, yet again. I certainly hope so, but I will not be dissapointed if you continue to whinge and whine about how badly you think this country is being run. In fact, I get a perverse sense of joy when I realize how much your are hurting!
    Pwrone has stated in the past that Felons would vote liberal. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=8893

You don't keep up with things much do you? The Dems don't need the felon vote because it's already been shown on a previous thread of Pwrone's that felons are more likely to vote Republican. In fact there seems to be a lot of felons serving under the Republican party. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=145609#post145609

So, actually, the Dems are doing the Repugs a favor so you don't get whipped at the voting booths too badly. IF the Repugs do win the elections THANK A LIBERAL.

Lady Mod

Way too much bum-sucking going on, here!

How about posting a sensible counter argument instead of childish school-yard taunting???
    Like the idiotic responses you give? Is that what you wish to see?

LM

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by dante

Websters New World Dictionary
    Main Entry: Democratic-Republican
    Function: adjective
    : of or relating to a major American political party of the early 19th century favoring a strict interpretation of the constitution to restrict the powers of the federal government and emphasizing states' rights.

Yes. .but that's the exact opposite of what we have today under the criminal cabal that has hijacked the name and mantle of the original Republican Party.

The organization calling itself the Republican Party today is no more aligned with traditional American "Republican" values than the Hitler Youth was aligned to The Boy Scouts.

It’s funny how completely brain-dead and oblivious to reality you right-wing chimps are in thinking you’re Republicans, even as your Chimp Dictator tries to ram a $2.7 Trillion Dollar Big Government “budget” down our throats and borrows our great-great grand kids into hock.. And all this is being done while waging hopeless foreign military escapades at a cost of over one billion dollars per week that were launched on a pack of lies, deceit and criminal incompetence. And let’s throw in illegal spying on American citizens, unlimited detentions without due-process, torture gulags, and the sundry undermining of our most essential civil liberties. And you think you’re Republicans.. Ha.ha.ha You Chimps are really so comical. :D

And, furthermore, a Liberal Democracy is in no way, whatsoever, at odds with a Republican system of governance. That's why the same Founding Fathers who instituted that Liberal Democracy decided to establish it within the framework of a Republic ..if we could keep it.

Yes, we remember your ilk. You're the ones whose fascist, totalitarian stench 60% of the American People, as evidenced by the latest polls, are now awakening to since you tried to ensconce the return of a Big Government King back into power in this country.

Fortunately for America, you are likely to meet the same fate as your 18rth Century Tory forebears did as more and more criminal GOP thugs and traitors face their daily increasing indictments and final justice.
    Excellent article...

Thanks! :cool:

OKAAAY...so you won't admit it. Surprise!! Let's just say that the dems understand exactly why they are doing it...their fans never admit why they do things, nor do they, because they know that their 'philosophy' disgusts most Americans. I promise you that the motivations here are not quite as murky to the majority of the voters as these libs want to pretend .

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    OKAAAY...so you won't admit it. Surprise!! Let's just say that the dems understand exactly why they are doing it...their fans never admit why they do things, nor do they, because they know that their 'philosophy' disgusts most Americans. I promise you that the motivations here are not quite as murky to the majority of the voters as these libs want to pretend .

All 60 percent and growing that aren't happy with the Repugs. The country is becoming well aware of the motivations that move the Conservative party. It's only you neo-cons who remain in the dark. Doesn't it get cold underneath that rock? Don't crawl out from under it for me, lol, go ahead and live your fantasy while you still can.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 02-11-2006 at 12:03 AM.

I can't see where that article stated that all felons are "Liberals". All I saw was the Democrat's desperate grab for voters who might support them if they get to vote in the next elections.
    Oh, I see. So there are also conservative felons, but they only vote Democrat! Gotcha!

They're scraping the bottom of the barrel coz that's all they have left. You people are a joke. Maybe you will all shut your traps when the Republicans are relelected, yet again. I certainly hope so, but I will not be dissapointed if you continue to whinge and whine about how badly you think this country is being run. In fact, I get a perverse sense of joy when I realize how much your are hurting!
    Aw, catch-22 wants us to "shut our traps". I'm sorry, catch, but I'm afraid I am unwilling to acquiesce with your proposal.