+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 48

  1. #1
    epsdirect Guest

    SCAM.com a scam??

    What is this website all about? I just started to read through a lot of the posts here and this board is full of opinions rather than facts. Or they post general facts about the whole MLM arena. When someone posts about a real business opportunity, they get answers like: MLM sucks, you cannot make any money is that business, etc. LOL - People just want to know if the business they like is REAL or a SCAM.

    Why is part of the scam.com community to tear apart businesses? Hey look, we don’t care if you like the products, system, or support. We just want to know if it is a scam or not a scam. A simple, nope not a scam would be fine. This is the best board that I have found. It is so fun reading the posts of people who have no experience in the businesses they are giving advice on. Yes, some of you are posting your experiences with a product or business.

    But, that is not the premise here is it. Your efforts are YOUR efforts. I don’t care if you made $1 or a million. Just tell me if the company is a real company. If you don't know, then don't reply.
    :D :p
    Last edited by epsdirect; 02-10-2006 at 01:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    you're trying to make this too black and white.

    People have different experiences with every company... this means people have different opinions. They express their opinions here. It's your job to figure out which opinion you're going to take.

    This ESPECIALLY goes for MLM... there are SO many different companies and I really wouldn't call any of them scams.. but some are better than others, and some I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. But these are also my opinions because some of the companies that I dislike, other people love. Some people think certain businesses are scams while other people think those same businesses aren't. So it's pretty much impossible for one person to say "this is a scam" and have EVERYONE agree.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  3. #3
    epsdirect Guest

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Some people think certain businesses are scams while other people think those same businesses aren't. So it's pretty much impossible for one person to say "this is a scam" and have EVERYONE agree.
    I disagree! What does the word scam mean? Everyone, as the previous post states, leave the opinions home.

    According to dictionary.com, "Scam: A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle."

    We have way to much freedom on this un-moderated board. People are bashing companies left and right. Look if your business didn't work out, so what. It's funny. I read posts on here like, "oh don't try that, I lost money." and the original poster (op) writes back saying something like, "Thanks, I know to stay away now." - While we have no idea what support they had, what system they used, or even how "hard" they worked the business.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    I'm well aware of what a scam is.

    My point is that some people label certain companies as scams because of their bad experiences with those companies... and some people don't label those SAME companies as scams because of their good experiences with those companies. You will never get everyone on here to agree about whether a company is a scam or not. That's the whole point of a DISCUSSION forum. People ask what others think about a company... and the other people share their opinions. Whether they bash the company or praise it, it doesn't matter... it's all up to the people asking the questions to decide whose opinions they're going to listen to. Isn't freedom of speech great?

    as for those who want the opinions left at home.. if you want all facts and no opinions.. you're on the wrong board.

    and what makes you think this board is un-moderated? Try posting a referral link and see what happens.

    I'm also not sure where you're getting the "oh don't try this" "okay I won't" conversations... because of all the threads that I've read--and I've been on this board for quite a while--most of them are pretty balanced. The threads are made up of people who are for MLM, against MLM, or somewhere in between. I barely ever see it as simple as "don't try this" "alright".. or "try this" "okay" haha. and if people are actually saying that, then they don't need to be in the MLM business anyway so it's no big loss to them. Perhaps I'm just reading the wrong threads.
    Last edited by April47; 02-10-2006 at 04:54 AM.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    408

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by epsdirect
    I disagree! What does the word scam mean? Everyone, as the previous post states, leave the opinions home.

    According to dictionary.com, "Scam: A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle."

    We have way to much freedom on this un-moderated board. People are bashing companies left and right. Look if your business didn't work out, so what. It's funny. I read posts on here like, "oh don't try that, I lost money." and the original poster (op) writes back saying something like, "Thanks, I know to stay away now." - While we have no idea what support they had, what system they used, or even how "hard" they worked the business.
    And I suppose you would prefere that people just come on here and read all the company Hype posted by people in the business and then jump right into
    a situation that hey really have no Idea about. The purpose of this forum is to give all of us an avenue to post our feelings, opinions, stories, facts, data, or anything else that we feel may contribute to shedding some light on a business area, MLM, that is often full of misinformation and half truths.

    It is interesting to me that the things that you are most concerned about are the postings that are not very favorable to MLMs but you make no comment about the postings on this board that spread misinformation, lies and half truths or general opinions that portay MLMs in a positive note, which is OK....That's just your opinion.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    631

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by GoneNow
    And I suppose you would prefere that people just come on here and read all the company Hype posted by people in the business and then jump right into
    a situation that hey really have no Idea about. The purpose of this forum is to give all of us an avenue to post our feelings, opinions, stories, facts, data, or anything else that we feel may contribute to shedding some light on a business area, MLM, that is often full of misinformation and half truths.

    It is interesting to me that the things that you are most concerned about are the postings that are not very favorable to MLMs but you make no comment about the postings on this board that spread misinformation, lies and half truths or general opinions that portay MLMs in a positive note, which is OK....That's just your opinion.
    Abso-freakin' lootly!!! The legacy of the entire industry is to spread it's questionable message via stories, false hopes and dreams that probably will never come true for the vast majority of folks. And as I always state, I have NEVER called it a scam...just bad business.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Wichita.KS
    Posts
    82

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    I would just request that a link or evidense be given when slandering a company on here. I have no problem with people that have had bad experiences with a company relay that on to the public....


    ...having said that there needs to be more involvement from the moderators. I know the internet is a sess pool of people having it in for certain people and doing what ever they can to sling mud. I seriously doubt these cowards would say a word to the person or company face to face.

    Make the poster provide a link to the reason they think a company is a scam. Otherwise this website is really useless to anyone really looking to protect themselves from a scam....as it is right now is just a place for people to vent and point fingers for their failure in their business...whether it was a legit business or a scam.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    631

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaTravel
    I would just request that a link or evidense be given when slandering a company on here. I have no problem with people that have had bad experiences with a company relay that on to the public....
    I'm just curious as what you've seen here that you might consider to be slander.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaTravel
    ...having said that there needs to be more involvement from the moderators. I know the internet is a sess pool of people having it in for certain people and doing what ever they can to sling mud. I seriously doubt these cowards would say a word to the person or company face to face.
    1. Cesspool. 2. Again, I honestly don't know what you mean here. To be slanderous, someone would have to post totally false accusations about a person or company. To which specifically are you referring? And I don't believe it's moderators job to jump in and censor. If someone has a legal issue with something stated here, that's what the courts are for. Censorship is wrong in any form.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaTravel
    Make the poster provide a link to the reason they think a company is a scam. Otherwise this website is really useless to anyone really looking to protect themselves from a scam....as it is right now is just a place for people to vent and point fingers for their failure in their business...whether it was a legit business or a scam.
    I think that perhaps the word "scam" is misused here sometimes. I think we should better define that word with regard to MLMs. As Frazier Crane used to say, "I'm listening..."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    nothing on here is slander... if anything it's libel... hahaha







    just kidding... honestly I don't think it's libel either... it's all just opinions.
    Isn't freedom of speech great? I think sometimes people forget about that.
    Last edited by April47; 02-10-2006 at 11:05 PM.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  10. #10
    epsdirect Guest

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    openquestion:
    Abso-freakin' lootly!!! The legacy of the entire industry is to spread it's questionable message via stories, false hopes and dreams that probably will never come true for the vast majority of folks.
    In a way yes and no. Not all companies spread this false hope. In fact, I was laughing because in a way this is what we are taught in tradtional education. So many in the education industry preach: go to college, work hard, and retire with an income that will provide. This is not "true for the vast majority of folks". ;)

    UtopiaTravel you need an example, check out:
    http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=761&page=17&pp=40 - Fact is that Melaleuca is NOT a scam. The Mod's should of locked this thread.

    This entire thread is your members arguing over the payplan. This is funny and stupid at the same time.

    April47
    if anything it's libel... hahaha
    LOL, yes but you can be sued for libel, mucho money $$$ ;)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    ^^ I know that... I was just pointing out that there's a difference between slander (spoken) and libel (written).
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  12. #12
    Rom12-2 is offline Bronze Scams Member User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    67

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Message boards are only a place for people to post. They are not an encylopedia. Each post is nothing but a person's opinion. Typically, however, there are two types of people posting:
    (1) Those who are so gung ho on a topic that they see the postive side alone and do not post the whole picture, but only give over-inflated positives and exaggerations.
    (2) Those who are so skeptical and negative that they see the negatives alone and do not post the whole picture, but only give over-inflated negatives and exaggerations.

    You will only occasionally find those who post NOTHING but facts, sources, etc.

    People should come to the boards and spend much time sorting all the posts. As you spend some time and research, you will be able to sort this out. Also, "google" the company, and sort through that. Contact your Attorney General, BBB, and other regulating sources such as insurance departments, FCC, FTC, etc. for real info as well.

    But - don't expect a message board to be a fact center. By its very nature, it can't be.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    hey now Rom 12-2... don't forget that there ARE some neutral people who post on this board...


    but good post... I agree
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    408

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by April47
    hey now Rom 12-2... don't forget that there ARE some neutral people who post on this board...


    but good post... I agree
    I'm not sure that I agree with that April. The way that I see it is the only ones that are for it are in it. The only ones that are against it were in it and got out. And the few that seem neutral have never experienced it all but may be considering it. This really is one of those areas where the lines get drawn very deep in the sand and some are on one side and most of the others are on the other side......what we sometimes see as neutrality is often just tact.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    I posted that because I am one of the neutral ones... I am in network marketing, but I also see the downsides of it. I don't think everything about it is good, just as I don't think everything about it is bad. I keep as open a mind as I possibly can. I think you can consider that neutral.

    I'd also like to point out that up until a few months ago I was not active in an MLM company, but still saw both the ups and downs of network marketing.
    Last edited by April47; 02-13-2006 at 02:30 AM.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

    "Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

    Pink Zebra Sprinkles

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    631

    Re: SCAM.com a scam??

    Quote Originally Posted by epsdirect
    In a way yes and no. Not all companies spread this false hope. In fact, I was laughing because in a way this is what we are taught in tradtional education. So many in the education industry preach: go to college, work hard, and retire with an income that will provide. This is not "true for the vast majority of folks". ;)
    Gee, we've never heard that comparison before. It's always fun when newbies come on here and post stuff the average MLM heard in his/her first meeting.

Similar Threads

  1. Mathew Charnay Scam - iNDEXOR Scam - iGROW Global Commerce Summit Scam
    By mathewcharnayscam in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2018, 02:18 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 11:16 AM
  4. Allied Business School SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!
    By anom22 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 04:41 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 03:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, access, act, active, advertising, advice, age, agree, ain, answer, apart, april, attorney general, audience, aware, azi, bad, based, bet, better, biz, boards, bombs, building, bureau, business, businesses, called, calling, cannot, care, censor, cent, center, cer, clever, close, college, coming, community, companies, company, company., comparison, con, concerned, condi, correct, courts, customers, day, deep, desire, didn, direction, doesn, don, don’t, double, dow, ear, earlier, earning, eme, employees, ended, enemy, entire, experience, express, extremely, face, facts, factual, fair, false, fathers, fee, feeling, field, financials, fine, fla, folks, fool, forget, fraudulent, freedom, full, fun, funny, future, gee, general, genius, goal, good, good and bad, google, great, group, had, haha, hahaha, hand, hard, head, heard, hell, hey, hide, hiding, high, his, home, hurt, ica, idiots, ill, ime, important, income, industry, info, insurance, inter, ion, isn, issue, joined, kidding, kkk, knew, laughing, leave, legacy, legit, legitimate, light, limited, line, lines, lis, listen, lol, long, los, lose, loss, lost, lot, mail, mark, match, matter, mea, meeting, melaleuca, members, messages, million, mind, misinformation, mlm, money, more, nature, nazi, need, network, nope, note, only, open, opportunity, original, page, par, part, party, pas, paying, people, perfect, perfectly, person, personal, picture, place, play, point, por, pos, positive, post, posted, poster, posters, posting, posts, prevent, private, product, products, promote, protect, public, pure, pyramid, question, questions, quote, read, real, reason, regulatory, relay, reply, research, respect, respond, response, rest, roo, scam, scam.com, scams, seem, sheet, shouldn, shut, simple, simply, site, small, sometimes, soo, sooner, sorry, source, sources, specifically, spend, star, state, stated, states, stay, stories, story, stupid, sucks, sued, support, suppose, system, taken, ted, they, thought, threads, throw, time, title, tor, totally, tribute, types, ugly, ups, url, vest, view, vince, wanted, watching, website, won, word, work, worked, worst, wow, writes, wrong, yahoo, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •