+ Reply to Thread

What is your best single piece of (non-obvious) advice for a complete newb?

Not including basic things like reading T&C, remembering to cancel and keep track of what you do, I think mine would be:

Avoid doing laptop deals (especially with YFD) because from the time you start to the time you get it, it could lose a significant amount of value.

I would love to see the collected wisdom of the board in a nice streamlined thread!
    I like stuff.

Re: What is your best single piece of (non-obvious) advice for a complete newb?

make sure you can contact them via email or phone # in case you run into problems

also look at other ppls past experience dealing with any site you are intested in if there is allot of bad feed back stay away (sorta like ebay).
    Who is this guy

My best advice is read the threads and stop making up new ones. Post your questions in the right place so that the answers stay within that thread and aren't being answered (repeatedly) not all over the place. Also, keep in mind this is Scam.com meant to alert people of scams....this kind of post doesn't belong here. GCAddict.com is on its way, give it a moment. It'll do what you ask, but not here. Keep it to the threads. I know I sound harsh, but every single question you can ask is in the threads. That's my advice.

-patience: offers generally will go completed... eventually. While it's great to see offers go complete instantly, I haven't had 1 single gift that didn't require mutiple manual credits after the 30,45 or 60 day timeframe specified by the site/
    -persistence: if they don't go complete, contact the site and ask them for credit... you might have to do this a number of times as customer service is a foreign concept to a few of the sites.
    -keep all your paperwork/info in order: keeping track of what you might want to still cancel and keeping documentation in the event you need manual credit will save you lots of time and heartache.

btw, for the Laptops, TVs and others, seems most places send you out their newer models. Of course it's unlikely to be the top of the line model, but if you signed up for a model 3 months ago, I've seen many report getting newer models than what was listed on the site (60 GB Ipod when they were expecting 40, laptop with bult in wireless, etc).

Search this forum
    Have patience
    Keep detailed records

Quote Originally Posted by lunarcy69
    My best advice is read the threads and stop making up new ones. Post your questions in the right place so that the answers stay within that thread and aren't being answered (repeatedly) not all over the place. Also, keep in mind this is Scam.com meant to alert people of scams....this kind of post doesn't belong here. GCAddict.com is on its way, give it a moment. It'll do what you ask, but not here. Keep it to the threads. I know I sound harsh, but every single question you can ask is in the threads. That's my advice.
    And I fall a little bit more in love with Lunarcy... :rolleyes:

I think the best advice someone gave me was to go all out when you do these sites. Why go for an ipod for 4 offers, when for two more offers you can have a 1,000 gift card and purchase multiple ipods.
    thanks to whoever you are