+ Reply to Thread

Court of Public Opinion

Below, you will find the text of a private message that was sent to me today.
    This person is really over-the-top pissed off at me because I slapped his/her/its hands for spamming the board, which we all know is against the rules.
    He/she/it has been posting the link to his/her/its site nonstop, which is www.c.brightwomen.com. The site makes his/her/its name publicly available to planet Earth, via the internet.
    He/she/it thinks I have violated him/her/it in some way and he/she/it is so very angry (I suppose the phone book will be the next one to go down for knowing his/her/its name).

I say, don't make no trouble, won't be no trouble.
    He/she/it says I am a bad guy.

He/she/it arrived at scam.com on January 23, 2006 with the express purpose of spamming the board. He/she/it has 12 posts, most of them spam.
    I arrived here on September 12, 2004 with malice in my heart toward scammers...it remains there today. I have over 1,800 posts, most of them directed toward stopping scammers and spammers. I have a mean sense of humor and most people around here understand this except for the homosapien calling him/her/itself Fiero...a failed, mid 1980s Pontiac sportscar.

What say ye, O court of public opinion?

I will abide by your decision.

You really don't know when you're well off do you? I asked you to change your posting because you had invaded my privacy which is illegal!! I kindly pointed out that you were in the wrong and to change it instead of taking the action that I could have. Instead of you just deleting your post or changing it to something approriate you have to be childish and do someting like this. I still have the email I received showing this to me, a web shot and a hard copy. If you wish to ban me because you did someting illegal and then something childish, do so. But you better have a good excuse. If I wish to give out personal information about myself that is my perogative, not yours.
    Last edited by scambuster; 02-08-2006 at 04:11 AM.

Re: Court of Public Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    Below, you will find the text of a private message that was sent to me today.
    This person is really over-the-top pissed off at me because I slapped his/her/its hands for spamming the board, which we all know is against the rules.
    He/she/it has been posting the link to his/her/its site nonstop, which is www.c.brightwomen.com. The site makes his/her/its name publicly available to planet Earth, via the internet.
    He/she/it thinks I have violated him/her/it in some way and he/she/it is so very angry (I suppose the phone book will be the next one to go down for knowing his/her/its name).

I say, don't make no trouble, won't be no trouble.
    He/she/it says I am a bad guy.

He/she/it arrived at scam.com on January 23, 2006 with the express purpose of spamming the board. He/she/it has 12 posts, most of them spam.
    I arrived here on September 12, 2004 with malice in my heart toward scammers...it remains there today. I have over 1,800 posts, most of them directed toward stopping scammers and spammers. I have a mean sense of humor and most people around here understand this except for the homosapien calling him/her/itself Fiero...a failed, mid 1980s Pontiac sportscar.

What say ye, O court of public opinion?

I will abide by your decision.

You really don't know when you're well off do you? I asked you to change your posting because you had invaded my privacy which is illegal!! I kindly pointed out that you were in the wrong and to change it instead of taking the action that I could have. Instead of you just deleting your post or changing it to something approriate you have to be childish and do someting like this. I still have the email I received showing this to me, a web shot and a hard copy. If you wish to ban me because you did someting illegal and then something childish, do so. But you better have a good excuse. If I wish to give out personal information about myself that is my perogative, not yours.
    If the person in question publishes their website address, upon which is posted material of a personal nature, that person can expect to see it published elsewhere at some point and time. If the "spammer" in this case wants privacy, they have a clumsy way of going about it.

Dearest Spammer,

You've brought this on yourself. Now...if you don't want your information splattered about the net, I would strongly advise that you remove it from your site first and foremost.

Secondly, who the bloody hell do you think you are? You are a guest here. You broke the rules. And you have the AUDACITY to get your knickers in a twist because you haven't the sense to keep your personal information off the WORLD WIDE WEB when you are spamming?

Mind you, I haven't seen the offending occurance, but from reading the above, I can say without doubt that your complaint has not one shred of credibility or recourse when you YOURSELF made this information available in the first place.

Scambuster...this case is dissmissed based on the lack of common sense by the plaintiff.

Now, go forth, and bust more scam... ;)
    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Well you didn't "blow her cover" as to who she is b/c she posted the link stating who she is.
    .... you embarrassed her by drawing so much attention to her & her link.
    But that's just what you do :p & she'll learn to like you.. :D :rolleyes:

rules are rules....she broke them. Her misfortune was that she got caught by scambuster. haha
    Last edited by PAYEK; 02-08-2006 at 05:44 AM.

I'm still laughing!

Cynthia Gordon has left the building.

"You really don't know when you're well off do you? I asked you to change your posting because you had invaded my privacy which is illegal!! I kindly pointed out that you were in the wrong and to change it instead of taking the action that I could have. Instead of you just deleting your post or changing it to something approriate you have to be childish and do someting like this. I still have the email I received showing this to me, a web shot and a hard copy. If you wish to ban me because you did someting illegal and then something childish, do so. But you better have a good excuse. If I wish to give out personal information about myself that is my perogative, not yours."

After seeing the screenshot and reading the above... Kind of makes brightwomen seem like an oxymoron... sigh...

...too bad, isn't it?

HA HA HA !!!
    I'm playing
    "Another One Bites the Dust"
    --Queen

Thanks everybody!
    Now let's all go to her site and start sending fake info left and right. She deserves to work the phones 22 hours a day, calling FBI offices, Time/Temp numbers and dial-a-date numbers!