+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

** URGENT ** ... FBI asking for Stormpay complaints

The Memphis office of the FBI is requesting to hear from anyone who has had suspicious recent dealings with Stormpay.

Their number is (901) 747-4300

They have received a sizeable number of calls already - the more they get, the sooner they will act. They have also confirmed that there is no current FBI investigation of 12daily pro

There are numerous posts of people having their Stormpay accounts reduced to $0, with mysterious "chargebacks" to companies that they have had no dealings with.

Please check your Stormpay account.
    If there is anything suspicious - particularly chargebacks that you have no knowledge of ... CALL THE MEMPHIS FBI NOW!

Re: ** URGENT ** ... FBI asking for Stormpay complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Yozhik
    The Memphis office of the FBI is requesting to hear from anyone who has had suspicious recent dealings with Stormpay.

They have received a sizeable number of calls already - the more they get, the sooner they will act. They have also confirmed that there is no current FBI investigation of 12daily pro

There are numerous posts of people having their Stormpay accounts reduced to $0, with mysterious "chargebacks" to companies that they have had no dealings with.

If there is anything suspicious - particularly chargebacks that you have no knowledge of ... CALL THE MEMPHIS FBI NOW!

No complaints here. They paid me for my stormclix and they refunded me my $96 from 12dp.

Quote Originally Posted by mlmskeptic
    No complaints here. They paid me for my stormclix and they refunded me my $96 from 12dp.
    Seems you were one of the lucky ones
    :D

Thankfully, I have never dealt with Stormpay, but there are a lot of VERY unhappy people right now. Some of the stories are unreal.

Just read the post of one person who has had his business account cleared out, down to a $0 balance, for a mysterious "chargeback" to a company (one of the Auto Surfs) that he has NEVER dealt with - never made any payments to.
    :eek:
    Something very strange is going on ...

Seems you were one of the lucky ones
    :D

Thankfully, I have never dealt with Stormpay, but there are a lot of VERY unhappy people right now. Some of the stories are unreal.

Just read the post of one person who has had his business account cleared out, down to a $0 balance, for a mysterious "chargeback" to a company (one of the Auto Surfs) that he has NEVER dealt with - never made any payments to.
    :eek:
    Something very strange is going on ...
    I was robbed too.... suddenly no money in my account and was disabled the possibility to make a claim. Something bad is going with Stormpay

8,479,885 07/Feb/2006 12:36 Charge Back Complete To [email protected] $-2,397.41 - $-2,397.41
    8,479,884 07/Feb/2006 12:36 Charge Back Complete To [email protected] $-200.00 - $-200.00
    8,479,883 07/Feb/2006 12:36 Charge Back Complete To [email protected] $-12.00 - $-12.00
    8,398,663 05/Feb/2006 04:05 Withdraw CHK Cancelled To xxxxx $2,000.00 - -
    Last edited by Gameboyz; 02-08-2006 at 12:02 AM.

check out my stormpay history in http://revenues.blogspot.com i cut and past the history how stormpay cancel my $219 check request and never return the money to my balance and also making few unauthorized chargebacks

The Tennessee BBB has issued an alert against Stormpay.

BBB chapter President/CEO, Kathleen Calligan has confirmed over 180 complaints have been received from Stormpay customers since the end of January.

The BBB said it has requested the assistance of federal authorities.

Hi...

I wanted to let you know that there will be a statement released in the member news area within an hour with an update on communications between StormPay and 12daily Pro attornies.

It will also be posted here on scam.com.

This statement will address the resolution of the freeze on 12dp's StormPay account by attornies for both parties. It will also address the StormPay account issues many of you have experienced today.

I hope knowing a statement is coming can help relieve some of your confusion and concern.
    www.12dailypro.com - a revolting Ponzi scam! Don't believe the hype; contact your credit card issuer and charge back today!

This should be interesting ...

Where did they confirm that there is no FBI investigation into 12 daily pro? Per my personal telephone call to the NC fraud division AND the ABC4 news clips, there are multiple.

autosurfqueen Guest

The BBB in Tennessee also stated that because they had almost 20,000 complaints against SP in the last few days, the FBI will be involved.
    That post is in the 12DP forum, did you not see it?

An investergation is now BEGININGGGGG!!! - this is GOOOOOD!!! - this means the TRUUUUUTH!!! is about to be made known...

Q: WHAT WILL HURT MORE!! - Knowing I was wrong and will learn my lesson? OR autosurf bashers finally depositing funds into a LEAGLE Autosurf? :D

From: "12 Daily Pro" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

You have received a message from 12 Daily Pro:

Update on Communications With StormPay;
    Joint Statement by 12DailyPro and StormPay

Attorneys for LifeClicks, LLC (the owner of 12DailyPro.com) and StormPay, Inc. have been communicating to attempt to resolve business disputes between LifeClicks and StormPay. Those discussions have been productive and useful, and are continuing. StormPay’s representatives have assured LifeClicks that StormPay is a viable company and is still open for business, and StormPay has provided assurances that it is able to cover, dollar for dollar with money in the bank, any deposits that may be held in any StormPay account. Any previous statements regarding LifeClicks’ concern or doubts about StormPay’s ability to make any necessary payments are hereby withdrawn, based on these assurances from StormPay.

StormPay and LifeClicks have been made aware of the existence of investigations into the 12DailyPro program by investigators at the FBI and the states of North Carolina and Georgia. Both StormPay and LifeClicks intend to cooperate fully in any investigation that may be ongoing.

Both StormPay and LifeClicks would appreciate your continued patience with us as we continue to work on a resolution of our current disputes and to develop a solution to restore the processing of members’ payments and reimbursements through StormPay accounts. Please understand that if members initiate a chargeback with their credit card issuers, both StormPay and LifeClicks will be liable for related chargeback fees that may be incurred. Any chargeback fees will only serve to reduce the pool of available funds to be used for refunds and reimbursements. If you have already initiated a chargeback, please contact your credit card issuer and reverse the chargeback.

Many of you will notice that payments you have received recently from 12Daily Pro have been refunded back to the LifeClicks account by StormPay. StormPay has explained that the purpose of these refunds is to attempt to secure as many funds as possible to make the widest and broadest effort to refund 12DailyPro customers that we can. LifeClicks can confirm that there are 12DailyPro funds available at StormPay, and we are working together to formulate an orderly and equitable reimbursement plan for refunding as many of you as we possibly can. We appreciate your continued patience as we work through this process.

Q: where are the EMO payments?????

I just love it when I'm right!!

In the past, I have called Stormpay, intgold and e-gold dishonest. I stand by my words.

Amazing how there's such a disparity between the "supposed" joint message from 12DP and this article in The Leaf Chronicle

StormPay trying to resolve problem

Local company says every penny 'backed up' for victims of scheme
    By JIMMY SETTLE
    The Leaf-Chronicle

Clarksville-based StormPay.com issued a statement Tuesday night indicating it and another Internet company are working to resolve business disputes.

From New York to Chicago, across the West Coast and down to Atlanta � even to Malaysia and other points overseas, thousands of consumers have complained they could not access their StormPay accounts.

The Better Business Bureau alone has received nearly 19,000 complaints during the past week.

According to the statement, attorneys for LifeClicks � the owner of 12DailyPro.com � and StormPay have been negotiating the dispute.

The operator of 12DailyPro.com "after vehement denials to her customers that any investigations were ongoing, now retracts her previous statements and now admits that investigations into 12DailyPro are, in fact, being conducted by the FBI and various state investigative authorities as we have stated from the beginning," Steve Girsky, StormPay owner, said in a release Tuesday night.

Girsky asserted that 12DailyPro misrepresented its membership base that StormPay was unable to cover funds that customers had deposited into their StormPay accounts.

"StormPay's representatives have assured LifeClicks that StormPay is a viable company and is still open for business, and StormPay has provided assurances that it is able to cover, dollar for dollar with money in the bank, any deposits that may be held in any StormPay account," the joint statement reads.

StormPay has been in business since October 2002. It claims to conduct transactions in 200 countries and serves as a payment intermediary for online auction sites and other Internet businesses, with the intent of allowing customers and businesses to send and receive money.

12DailyPro, in turn, is billed as an auto-surf Web agent where customers can buy online advertising and earn commissions from advertising revenue. An "auto-surfing" program is set up to generate money every time a user visits a participating Web site.

Girsky and John McConnell, StormPay president, say they too have spent the past week fielding complaints about the accounts being frozen, with some of the complaints bearing a "threatening tone."
    Pyramid scheme

12DailyPro's Internet activities are described as a Ponzi, or "pyramid" multi-level, auto-surf Web site that's claiming to build income for investors. Attempts to reach representatives of 12DailyPro � a business apparently based in Charlotte, N.C. � have been unsuccessful.

"Auto-surfing programs are thinly veiled pyramid schemes," according to a BBB statement.

Typically, pyramid schemes purport that for a relatively small investment, a huge amount of money can be earned. In order for all but the people involved early to receive money, a ridiculously large number of new participants must join.

The joint statement for StormPay and LifeClicks indicates some recent payments from 12DailyPro have been refunded back to LifeClicks by StormPay.

"We are working together to formulate an orderly and equitable reimbursement plan for refunding as many of you as we possibly can," the joint statement reads.
    One complaint

Atlanta resident James Godwin is one of hundreds of people who have contacted The Leaf-Chronicle to complain about missing money.

Tuesday afternoon, Godwin said he is aware of 12DailyPro, but like most of the other people who have contacted the newspaper, he still thinks StormPay also is to blame for denying customer refunds.

Girsky said account funds have to be frozen because, "We have to protect our interests."

"I was using StormPay on an auto-surf called 12DailyPro, where you can go into their Web site and buy advertisements and get a commission from that revenue," Godwin said.

"StormPay is the processing company that pays (12DailyPro) and pays me my commissions. They have several ways of making money off of me. In fact, they charge me a fee of 3 percent right off the bat. They've got almost $4,000 of my money, counting my commissions, and at this point, I don't want my commissions.

"I just want the $3,300 that I invested in it, back. That was my life savings. It's all I had," Godwin said, adding he reported StormPay to the Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday.
    FBI neither confirms nor denies

Girsky and McConnell said they are working with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies that have begun looking into frozen accounts.

On Tuesday, FBI spokesmen wouldn't confirm or deny whether any such investigation was under way, saying they don't normally comment on cases unless an arrest is made or indictment is issued.

"Right now, we are directly cooperating with the investigative agencies, and we've secured the funds of this particular merchant (12DailyPro)," Girsky said.

"Potentially, this merchant owes these customers a whole lot more money than it has available to pay them." he said, adding, "Every penny of every StormPay customer is backed up at the bank."

Girsky said the problem is that "these people are expecting returns from this merchant that it just doesn't have to pay them."

"It's a classic pyramid scheme ... but they've been 'robbing Peter to pay Paul,' and that's why they don't have the money to pay these customers,'" McConnell said.

"They misrepresented their business model to StormPay," he said. "The merchant account funds have been frozen to preserve the integrity of these funds."

He said his company is trying to respond to every customer affected as quickly as possible, but "given the sheer volume, there is currently a backlog."

"We're getting to them as fast as we can," McConnell said.

The Leaf Chronicle