+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Goji Juice

Goji Juice

Ok, guys...especially the health experts like Rawb...help me out with this one. I've played some baseball in my day, and have some pretty bad shoulder problems. Now here comes this email basically telling me that my troubles are over because of this Goji stuff. As much as I respect the game and everything, I am gonna be PISSED if this is the usual "be-all, end-all" MLM non-cure, and I will help BURY these guys if they are full of it. Here is the email, and I apologize for its length:

========================

BASEBALL & SOFTBALL COACHES & PARENTS THIS IS A MUST READ!
    Save the Training Enhancement content of this E-mail

Brief Introduction...
    Hello this is Addison from GojiTraining.ORG. As many of you know we recently
    launched our two year old Goji product into the sports market place, beginning with a national email campaign. The intent of this campaign has been to create opportunities for individuals functioning in all sports (whether coaches, parents, etc.) to have the ground floor opportunity of offering this product in your immediate area. We have had an unbelievable response as our product has seen 15%-to-22% growth each MONTH!

Baseball & Softball Coaches & Parents...
    After reading this incredible email, you may want to forward this email to as
    many baseball/softball people as you know, please feel free to do so. This is an actual and very recent testimonial. The coach has given us the rare permission to post his email address to verify his personal results and provide you his phone contact information.

A Powerful Baseball/Softball Testimony...
    One of our original sports test marketing individuals was a professional
    baseball/softball training coach in Georgia who serves a client base of over
    200-players in his indoor training facility. He was doing 5-to-6 hours of
    private lessons six days a week. In those lessons he was literally throwing 400-to-600 short range pitches per day, everyday. He took on the Goji Test with the hopes of finding a solid nutritional product he could recommend to his client base when asked, as well as finding something that could help eliminate his mid-afternoon 'sluggish-slumps'. He got much more than that as you will see in his personal testimony.

A Real Person...Real Results...
    'When I started with Goji, I was very, very reluctant because I did not want to be involved with some kind of 'snake oil product' to be honest about it. In
    fact, I would not let them give it to me, so I bought a case myself, which is a
    month's supply. I was hoping a fair assessment in a month's supply would find me possibly getting through my mid-day slumps. I eat a small amount of carbs for lunch and usually get a small dip in energy. What I found was after the first bottle, I could take an ounce of Goji after lunch and my energy stayed level...which was pretty exciting. But what I discovered even beyond this was what made me believe that this product is going to change the face of sports nutrition, just like they told me initially.'

'I throw a great deal of batting practice daily and as a former player, I had
    begun to feel some real discomfort in my shoulder. It had gotten to the point
    that I had to bring members of my USSSA travel team in to help throw to my
    clients during lessons. After two bottles, half a month, there was a series of
    two consecutive days when none of my USSSA travel team members could come, so I had to throw to a full schedule of lessons myself. I was really not looking forward to it at all. But what happened on the third day, after two consecutive days of throwing and expecting sharp pains in my shoulder and extreme tightness in my lower back (which had become customary), I awoke to an absolute miracle from the Lord! No pain, no pain any where, no tightness, no soreness, zero, almost unbelievable. That little fruit had naturally done what they told me it would do.

As a 20-year full-time professional instructor, former player, major league
    scouting supervisor, state high school championship and travel team coach, I can honestly say that EVERYBODY in the game needs to have the nutritional catalyst of this juice as a daily supplement. You cannot get results like this from any place else and I have tried, plus you don't want to be putting a bunch of synthetic garbage in your body (like over the counter store bought products) This is all natural and has totally removed the lactic acid build up in my body. Do you and your player a favor nutrtionally by getting on this Goji Juice. I am getting my clients and team on it now.'

Coach Meadows
    Evans, Georgia
    [email protected]

Doctor Explains the Real Results...
    Dr. Ted Schock, Family Physician and lead Physician for GojiTraining.ORG,
    explains medically what was behind this powerful testimonial and so many like
    it.

'The Goji fruit has the highest known levels of Adaptogens of any plant in the
    world. Adaptogens work by helping the body to adapt to changes and stress. Some of the benefits include: improved disease resistance, better sleep, quicker injury recovery, increased energy, and enhanced mental clarity and perception. There are no side effects or dangers associated with the use of adaptogens.

Adaptogens also enhance the body's replenishment of the two important muscle fuels — glycogen and creatine phosphate (CP) — both of which are depleted during exercise. This enables you to avoid burnout associated with glycogen depletion and allows you to fit more high-quality workouts into a defined period.

What we are finding is Goji's unique master molecule polysaccharides helps
    prevent sore muscles by increasing activity of the lactic acid removing enzyme lactate dehydrogenase. It also accelerates clearance of blood urea nitrogen, a toxin produced during exercise.

Our results in marathon runners, tri-athletes, contact sports, and especially in
    baseball pitching are showing just an unbelievable series of wonderful natural
    benefits derived from the removal of lactic acid...all from a fruit that taste
    like strawberry juice...we are on a monumental discovery path that is changing sports nutrition.'

In Closing...
    Addison here again. If you are a parent or coach of an athlete or athletes you
    can do two things that can help your athlete and so many others. To prove to the world of sports that what we are telling you is the truth about this powerful all natural two year old discovery we are providing a unique opportunity.

Our parent company is allowing us to provide you to purchase as much Goji Juice as you would like to try for 90-days, drink it all, and if you do not experience the results we know you will, they will allow you to return the empty bottles for a full refund of your purchase...that's confidence in a product!

We will forward you the information on how you can take advantage of this
    special opportunity by requesting 'My Purchase' in an email sent to:
    [email protected]. Simply leave your name and email address for our support team to forward your special purchasing opportunity information.

And if you would like to receive discounts on future purchases or would like to
    be the first in your area to offer this amazing product to your community,
    organization, or team, please contact us and we will tell you how you can get
    started for a simple $35.00 and a case of Goji.

Goji is soon to sweep across the country, we won't be able to hide this
    product...results speak for themselves. You can have an opportunity to be on the front side of this amazing ground floor initiative for the sports market. To
    become part of our national team email your NAME, SPORT(S) of INTEREST,
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION, PHONE CONTACT NUMBERS, BEST TIMES TO REACH YOU, and ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION about you to [email protected]. We will have our wonderful support team get with you as quickly as possible.

As the Coach said above, everybody needs Goji...including athletes. Try Goji
    yourself and send this powerful email testimonial to as many baseball and
    softball people you know! Trust me, they will be glad you did it. Try it
    yourself, we KNOW you will be simply amazed at this great tasting product. With our unique purchasing opportunity there is nothing to lose! We are changing the face of sports nutrition, come join us today!

Warmest Regards,

Addison
    Assistant Marketing Executive
    [email protected]
    http://GojiTraining.ORG

Re: Goji Juice

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Ok, guys...especially the health experts like Rawb...help me out with this one. I've played some baseball in my day, and have some pretty bad shoulder problems. Now here comes this email basically telling me that my troubles are over because of this Goji stuff. As much as I respect the game and everything, I am gonna be PISSED if this is the usual "be-all, end-all" MLM non-cure, and I will help BURY these guys if they are full of it. Here is the email, and I apologize for its length:

========================

BASEBALL & SOFTBALL COACHES & PARENTS THIS IS A MUST READ!
    Save the Training Enhancement content of this E-mail

Brief Introduction...
    Hello this is Addison from GojiTraining.ORG. As many of you know we recently
    launched our two year old Goji product into the sports market place, beginning with a national email campaign. The intent of this campaign has been to create opportunities for individuals functioning in all sports (whether coaches, parents, etc.) to have the ground floor opportunity of offering this product in your immediate area. We have had an unbelievable response as our product has seen 15%-to-22% growth each MONTH!

yada, yada, yada.... (snipped for the sake of brevity)

Warmest Regards,

Addison
    Assistant Marketing Executive
    [email protected]
    http://GojiTraining.ORG

Did some “cyber-research”, I first looked-up Dr. Ted Schock, but didn’t find anything about him, and then I went to the link on the signature line of the email:

http://gojitraining.org/

And who de we meet? Earl Mindell, R.Ph., M.H., Ph. D. (Quite an impressive array of initials behind the name), well after some digging I present you the results.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/vbible.html

I report, you flame (MLMrs will!)

PS. If you feel like checking "DR." Mindell credentials here is a link you might use
    http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...A/mdcheck.html

Happy Hunting!

A defnite scientific review of anti-aging agents:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

And yet another scientific opinion:

http://chetday.com/gojijuice.htm

Not the quacknuster!!

http://quackfiles.blogspot.com/2005/...s-vitamin.html

I know of Dr Mindell as he has written the book "Herbal Bible ".

I have personally talked to a few people locally here who have had back problems and it has helped them. I was going to buy a bottle myself, as it sure tastes better than Noni !! haha, that reminds me of the warehouse guy the other day that unloaded the UPS trailor and complained of the smell of the Noni juice that was leaking out of the box....hahaahahaha! too funny... I told him I drank that stuff years ago, and it had to be the most potent natural thing out there.

The only question I would have is; if it helps with pain, is it reversing and healing the cause ? or is it a natural pain killer ? The pain is there for a reason. It needs to be healed. If Goji heals, great. I would say to try it, but don't expect it to be a cure all by no means. Responsibility still rests on us to do the other parts of the health puzzle to help the healing process as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamblighter
    And yet another scientific opinion:

http://chetday.com/gojijuice.htm
    lol did you even read this article? Or did you just post it? Because in this article he finds supporting evidence of Goji...He gives his opinion, but laying it out there, he found evidence.

Here's the problem I have with the links every on this page gave, except for the one that actually wasn't from the same arena of websites. IE...not a quackwatch, quackbuster, quackwhatever...they all hold the same philosophy. If it is not within the excepted medical model of thinking, IE, it has not been chemically torn apart, had the individual components tested in Pharmacuetically funded double and triple blind studies to see if it has viability of producing revenue. Then once it has been officially torn down, and concentrated to pharmacuetical grade potency, then patented and put on the shelves to make billions of dollars. No where did it come into play, the studies for studies sake, seeing if this product will cure anyone to cure, it did it for the reason of revenue. And all too often in the pursuit of revenue, thousands of people have died...

So try it, see if it works for you open question, sometimes its about taking a little monetary risk. It may work for you it may not, but it also may be working for someone else. For instance, I found out that I have celiac disease. Which simply means I can't eat wheat, barley, rye, or oats. If I do, I get violently ill. Which i have been for the past 24 years... go figure. I'm sure you have no problem eating that stuff, and it may even be beneficial to you in it's raw form. But, to me it's deadly.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are not going to find a "credible source" telling you the benefits, and you're just going to have to try it. Because it is looked on with disdain in the medical community. No american doctor is going to try to get a study funded with Goji berries, for fear of peer ridicule. Pharmecuitical companies won't study it, because then they will admit something natural can cure somebody, so it will cut into their bottom line. So there you have it, then y

Here's the problem I have with the links every on this page gave, except for the one that actually wasn't from the same arena of websites. IE...not a quackwatch, quackbuster, quackwhatever...they all hold the same philosophy. If it is not within the excepted medical model of thinking, IE, it has not been chemically torn apart, had the individual components tested in Pharmacuetically funded double and triple blind studies to see if it has viability of producing revenue. Then once it has been officially torn down, and concentrated to pharmacuetical grade potency, then patented and put on the shelves to make billions of dollars. No where did it come into play, the studies for studies sake, seeing if this product will cure anyone to cure, it did it for the reason of revenue. And all too often in the pursuit of revenue, thousands of people have died...

So try it, see if it works for you open question, sometimes its about taking a little monetary risk. It may work for you it may not, but it also may be working for someone else. For instance, I found out that I have celiac disease. Which simply means I can't eat wheat, barley, rye, or oats. If I do, I get violently ill. Which i have been for the past 24 years... go figure. I'm sure you have no problem eating that stuff, and it may even be beneficial to you in it's raw form. But, to me it's deadly.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are not going to find a "credible source" telling you the benefits, and you're just going to have to try it. Because it is looked on with disdain in the medical community. No american doctor is going to try to get a study funded with Goji berries, for fear of peer ridicule. Pharmecuitical companies won't study it, because then they will admit something natural can cure somebody, so it will cut into their bottom line. So there you have it, then you;ve got these sites, that by their very name, promote their philosophy into this arena of health. So what do you do, if you think it can help you try it. If it doesn't try something else. But don't be the dog on the nail that just sits there and complains, but doesn't ever get off the nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scamblighter
    A defnite scientific review of anti-aging agents:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
    So because they didn't mention Goji, it doesnt have anti aging properties. This scientific review went ahead and studied every single compound on the planet for anti aging properties then eh...

Quote Originally Posted by cscirpoli

I guess what I'm saying is that you are not going to find a "credible source" telling you the benefits, and you're just going to have to try it. Because it is looked on with disdain in the medical community. No american doctor is going to try to get a study funded with Goji berries, for fear of peer ridicule. Pharmecuitical companies won't study it, because then they will admit something natural can cure somebody, so it will cut into their bottom line. So there you have it, then y
    Very interesting, all these products out there in the "neutraceuticals" field, or whatever you want to call them. I guess what you suggest is probably the best advice: try it and see what it does. I'm sure some of these things work for some people but not for others. That's how MLM businesses get built in the healthcare arena, I suppose -- they find the people who DO get results. I would never dream of bad-mouthing the entire industry, because that's what the medical community has always done with chiropractors, for example, and I've gotten some relief from them in the past. So go figure.

Goji Schmoji, not another one. Whatever happened to a nice cup of tea or coffee.

[QUOTE=cscirpoli]Here's the problem I have with the links every on this page gave, except for the one that actually wasn't from the same arena of websites. IE...not a quackwatch, quackbuster, quackwhatever...they all hold the same philosophy. If it is not within the excepted medical model of thinking, IE, it has not been chemically torn apart, had the individual components tested in Pharmacuetically funded double and triple blind studies to see if it has viability of producing revenue. Then once it has been officially torn down, and concentrated to pharmacuetical grade potency, then patented and put on the shelves to make billions of dollars. No where did it come into play, the studies for studies sake, seeing if this product will cure anyone to cure, it did it for the reason of revenue. And all too often in the pursuit of revenue, thousands of people have died...

I guess what I'm saying is that you are not going to find a "credible source" telling you the benefits, and you're just going to have to try it. Because it is looked on with disdain in the medical community. No american doctor is going to try to get a study funded with Goji berries, for fear of peer ridicule. Pharmecuitical companies won't study it, because then they will admit something natural can cure somebody, so it will cut into their bottom line. So there you have it, then you;ve got these sites, that by their very name, promote their philosophy into this arena of health. So what do you do, if you think it can help you try it. If it doesn't try something else. But don't be the dog on the nail that just sits there and complains, but doesn't ever get off the nail.[/QUOT

A "monetary risk " sometimes cloudes the mind :)

Quote Originally Posted by worn T-Shirt
    Goji Schmoji, not another one. Whatever happened to a nice cup of tea or coffee.
    wow, glad you had something of inteligence to offer to the conversation. With posts like that it's amazing the kind of intelectual debate you can stimulate.