+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

umdkook Guest

Re: Prosecutors to fight release of killer

we see it in movies all the time...some lawyer fights a huge case for an accused child molestor, gets off, then the cops find a 10 yr old in his trunk a month later.

surely you can provide similar evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    so you havent provided anything to support that...

plus i think you are missing the point. these arent liberals (who cares about tookie??), these are doctors and judges and lawyers.
    yes some lawyers might be ACLU lawyers, but they are doing things based on medical opinions.
    its not so cut and dry that the liberals are sitting around saying "hmm, lets go release some child molestors becuase their rights are getting infringed upon"

WOW...Okay...last chance...let's take it slowly...Are you familiar with Megans Law? Are you familiar with Jessicas Law? Do you know who opposes these laws? Not a single conservative on the face of the earth believes in rehabbing child molesters...so who wants to do it? Who does that leave? Take your time.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Are you kidding? Where do you think Megans and Jessicas Laws CAME FROM?? Rather than 'getting it', liberals are fighting tooth and nail AGAINST these laws. Please. Enough.
    Where do you live? Where have you been? Liberals have always been tireless in defense of criminals of all kinds...witness the 'vigils' for mass-murderer tookie...did you think those were Republicans?
    Republicans for "Tookie"? who knows. "Bleeding Heart" Jurors, as
    you might look upon them, hey who knows?

Suggestion, for your own personal satisfaction and credibility: every
    case where you think that someone got off with a sentence or
    treatment other than what they deserve, find out the political
    party affiliation and religion of these individuals. You might very well
    be shocked.

By the way though, I don't know how things are done where you're from,
    but when I've been called up as a Juror I've never been asked my
    political part affiliation or religon, age, race, mariatal status,
    sexua preference, etc.

So really, i would be very difficult to profile Jurors of any case. Would
    be an interesting study though, if of course, you was allowed to
    accomplish such a thing.

Do 'ya have an accurate run-down list of whom was present at the vigil?

Might suprise you, but human beings, when they are looking at judging
    people, especially perhaps for the 'LAST TIME' almost to a person strip their-
    self of politcs, religios bent and all other establishment moral basis; most
    turn to their humaness and a "what if it was me" attitude.

After all Pwrone, political classification, as in parties, and denominational
    classification, other wise religious belief orientation is merely fabricated
    and ttempted to be exercised and applied to the masses for the pupose
    of predictably, control and dumbing down! :rolleyes:

Please name all the Republicans you know who have rallied behind a mass-murderer like tookie. I think the last one was Bill Buckley and that kind of 'soured' it for everyone, (what with the almost immediate killing upon release!). Except liberals. The liberal 'poster-boy' for innocent people being executed(cover of time mag, REALLY big deal at the time) was recently proven guilty by DNA. Didja hear about that? No? Shocking!

I am not referring at all to a trial by jury result...mistakes happen, attorneys themselves make fun of the stupidity of juries, but at least that is letting the system work. Please explain why liberals are fighting against Megans Law and Jessicas Law. Also, if you can name a conservative who is fighting alongside them to endanger our children, please name him. These are all LIBERALS.

I am a bit confused that some of our very own libs don't grasp this concept...it is like 'page one' of the pamphlet. Criminals are misunderstood and deserve another chance...child molesters just need therapy and they will be fine...the mentally ill can be cured... What else is on page one? Oh, yeah...guns are bad, abortion is good, God is bad, taxes are good, competition is bad, quotas are good.....

Please name all the Republicans you know who have rallied behind a mass-murderer like tookie. I think the last one was Bill Buckley and that kind of 'soured' it for everyone, (what with the almost immediate killing upon release!). Except liberals. The liberal 'poster-boy' for innocent people being executed(cover of time mag, REALLY big deal at the time) was recently proven guilty by DNA. Didja hear about that? No? Shocking!

I am not referring at all to a trial by jury result...mistakes happen, attorneys themselves make fun of the stupidity of juries, but at least that is letting the system work. Please explain why liberals are fighting against Megans Law and Jessicas Law. Also, if you can name a conservative who is fighting alongside them to endanger our children, please name him. These are all LIBERALS.

I am a bit confused that some of our very own libs don't grasp this concept...it is like 'page one' of the pamphlet. Criminals are misunderstood and deserve another chance...child molesters just need therapy and they will be fine...the mentally ill can be cured... What else is on page one? Oh, yeah...guns are bad, abortion is good, God is bad, taxes are good, competition is bad, quotas are good.....
    I really am not sure. I don't have the time and don't care to waste my
    effort on such inane S**t. But, for one as emotional about the issue and
    so quick and willing to point a finger at specific groups that you personally single out it would seem a good drill for you.

You might be unpleasantly suprised. When people get down to the roots of
    their humanity and realize, hey, whose the brightest shining star of
    morality and perfection amongst humanity, few in the quietness and
    soberness of their SELF-UNRIGHTEOUSNESS will say "who am I to judge
    another?" THat means that people do, when they get away from the polls,
    revert to someone without their party affiliation stamped on their
    forehead, or maybe programmed into their brain with a micro-ship!

Hey, that just gave me an idea: maybe the mark of "The Beast" which
    somehow equates to 666 will be a political party label branded on the
    forehead, for the sake of accuracy. Then with some people, there
    will be no mistake who they are to hate. That would be truly DEVILISH,
    wouldn't it?

Besides, man, I'm not a Tookie lover; sympathizer. But I turn my
    thoughts and judgement away from those that felt compelled to
    do so. That's their right. I should respect their rights in order to
    expect to have my own. That is, as long as they do so respectfully
    and peacefully of others! However misguided...

Our Constitution assures us a Democracy for our nation. Freedom to
    speak and assemble is one of it's most basic precepts.

These people assembled peacefully and were exercising their democratic rights.

Peace 'Bro.
    Last edited by coontie; 02-09-2006 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spell

Did I suggest or imply in any way that anyone should be prevented from 'assembling and exercising their democratic rights ? I was simply pointing out the(obvious to most) differences in philosophies between political groups as they relate to crime and criminal behavior.

hello POO......where do we start!(my freind)OK lets start with the founding oifthis country and it's beleif in a god.and what is the BOOK of this beleif!?the bible!?and what is the message of the christ/son of god of this bible!?just askin!?is it punishment and condemnation under the law!?or is it forgiveness(solution!?)by the power of the christ who came to PROVE the love of god to ALL!?just askin!?i love you you know!!at least right now!!hehe!!and keep up the good fight!!you have a point to make dARnit!!you are right in your righteousness!?god will judge.hehe!!for yes the world is a cesspool and those who see with the eye of god must be offended!?but it is the wil of god that allmen come to the knowledge of him!?and as paul said,i become like some to save them by grace of god!?hehe!!what do i know!/we are all here to learn!?what is meant by the body of christ!?it is all a submission and learning process!?for why am i different from my brother in christ!?only each man must eventually answer!?just askin!hehe!!i aint special!!only you are!!(to god)hehe!!

I think you are not catching on!! It is math...no wonder. Now, don't get mad at it: ALL liberals do not believe in rehabbing eye-eaters into general population... however, all those who DO believe in releasing any dangerous criminal into society much too early ARE liberals...how was that? Anything? LOL
    OR: Anyone who thinks this guy should have LESS restriction is a liberal. Guaranteed. It is just how (some of them) think. You should know this.
    so you are sayin............you FEAR EYE EATERS and their kind and have no DEFENSE in their presence and are helpless against them!?and of course this presupposes that you SOMEHOW you are able to IDENTIFY them AT WILL!?and if not,then HOW DOES ANYONE except by previosly proven behavior which of course means MARKED FOR LIFE which of course then in stills the fear of any suggestion of of DEVIANT behavior and down the slippery slope we go!?for what is a HUMAN but a vessel for the behaviors of the spirits and what is the perfection but the goal of the perfection in the supreme spirit of the christ in god and what is the goal of all mankind but to see this achieved as the will of god!?what is the true fight and who are it's soldiers!?and by what guide save the new teastament is this carried out!?just askin!?WHAT DO I KNOW!?i'm a jerk!!hehe!!i sin like a trooper!!hehe!!i want what everyone wants and would gladly comply if offered!!hehe!!and yes!!that means i'm a loser!!hehe!!which only explains why i am a democrat!!hehe!!but god is right where i am wrong!?i am a vessel if i dont know it!?hehe!!on with the show!!

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    so you are sayin............you FEAR EYE EATERS and their kind and have no DEFENSE in their presence and are helpless against them!?and of course this presupposes that you SOMEHOW you are able to IDENTIFY them AT WILL!?and if not,then HOW DOES ANYONE except by previosly proven behavior which of course means MARKED FOR LIFE which of course then in stills the fear of any suggestion of of DEVIANT behavior and down the slippery slope we go!?for what is a HUMAN but a vessel for the behaviors of the spirits and what is the perfection but the goal of the perfection in the supreme spirit of the christ in god and what is the goal of all mankind but to see this achieved as the will of god!?what is the true fight and who are it's soldiers!?and by what guide save the new teastament is this carried out!?just askin!?WHAT DO I KNOW!?i'm a jerk!!hehe!!i sin like a trooper!!hehe!!i want what everyone wants and would gladly comply if offered!!hehe!!and yes!!that means i'm a loser!!hehe!!which only explains why i am a democrat!!hehe!!but god is right where i am wrong!?i am a vessel if i dont know it!?hehe!!on with the show!!

:cool: - damn! - :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by lexx

Excellent questions....I think many eye-eaters are easily identifiable by the bits of eye-meat and eye-gristle that collects on their chins and stains their shirts. Do I fear them? Yes and no. While I respect the commitment required and devil-may-care attitude achieved in order to commence eye-eating, I do have a concern that too many eyes may not be a good thing, necessarily. At what point should a person say "that's it for me" or " well, THAT should knock back my eye-cravin' for a fortnight or so"? It may be a case of too much of a good thing. Perhaps unbridled eye-eating leads to a loss of the proper respect that a human eye certainly deserves, thereby diminishing the act itself. Then you might as well be eating a sandwich! Also, I fear they will yack on my shoes.

Excellent questions....I think many eye-eaters are easily identifiable by the bits of eye-meat and eye-gristle that collects on their chins and stains their shirts. Do I fear them? Yes and no. While I respect the commitment required and devil-may-care attitude achieved in order to commence eye-eating, I do have a concern that too many eyes may not be a good thing, necessarily. At what point should a person say "that's it for me" or " well, THAT should knock back my eye-cravin' for a fortnight or so"? It may be a case of too much of a good thing. Perhaps unbridled eye-eating leads to a loss of the proper respect that a human eye certainly deserves, thereby diminishing the act itself. Then you might as well be eating a sandwich! Also, I fear they will yack on my shoes.
    Damn... shoe "yackers" no less!

What happens to the toe nails, and, and the... toes; feet...ummmumph!
    Last edited by coontie; 02-12-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spell

Aye, aye. Eye second that emotion. ;)