+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: OH MY, OH MY. 12DAILYPRO PONZI SCAM EXPOSED! Cito proven RIGHT!

My husband got involved in 12Daily Pro and he sent in the max allowed (May God forgive him as I am unable! Ha! Ha!).

They say you can only invest $6,000 at a time, but since they hold your money for a while we ended up with $12,000 in our Stormpay account the day that everything went down. The interesting thing is that Stormpay refunded us our last upgrade before we even asked for it. That doesn't sound like a company that is trying to run away with everything we have in our accounts. So far the only money we have recieved in form of a refund was given to us by Stormpay.

Of course I cannot post to the 12DP Forum because registration has been closed since my husband joined. How Convenient that only the people who got in early and made money are able to give their opinions. We lost a total of $9,000 and it would have been $12,000 if Stormpay had accepted our last upgrade. I cannot believe that people are so trusting and believing.

It seems so obvious that this will be found to be an illegal Ponzi scheme. It's a little fishy that Stormpay claims they are just finding this out, it only took me one day of researching to conclude it. I contacted a Business Law Attorney and he reported 12Daily Pro himself to many Government agencies.

I also contacted the North Carolina Attorney Generals office. They called me personally and stated that although they see a lot of red flags, they are not investigating because no one has complained about losing their money yet. Of course they haven't complained yet, it's a Ponzi, they are getting rich. I can't believe they were so incompetent as to not look into it until there were complaints. When someone complains it is far too late.

Well because the Attorney General couldn't conclude that this was illegal, my husband decided to go for it. I do still love him. I only hope he has learned his lesson. I am sure he will be reminded each time he makes a payment to the $9,000 credit card debt he racked up.

I wish I could find a 12DP member that would let me post my opinion on the Forum. The Forum is full of positive people. Where are all the people who are questioning?

Talk, stop posting that a hundred times, we get it okay?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

I am suprised that an Attorney will talk with Anybody that risk their
    money in "business ventures" over the internet.

I would imagine that most would just give any such person a look of
    increduilty...

Yes, coontie, the Attorney was a little amused. I was trying to find someone to talk my husband out of getting involved. He chose not to accept the Attorney's advice. (He thrives on risk) I also warned many family members and friends and they still got involved. I guess they are not alone, looks like there are at least 300,000 other gullible people out there. Many of them are still convinced that it was the best thing they ever did in their lives.

The Attorney did tell me that most Americans will get into a Ponzi or Pyramid scam 2 or 3 times in their life before they learn. (I can't remember where he learned that statistic.) I guess when it looks too good to be true, people just can't help themselves.

And the fun may not be over yet for those who made money with 12Daily and similar 'programs'.

The 'Don't Count Your Chickens Just Yet' section near the end of the article at the link below may be of interest to some.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/...rson/ponzi.htm

:rolleyes:

That was a great article Askmenot. I was advised by the Attorney I spoke to that you could be forced to pay back the money you earn in a Ponzi plus interest and penalties, even if you didn't realize that you are participating in a Ponzi.

After reading your link I'll just try to be glad that we lost money. $9,000 I might add! I am soooooo glad we didn't get all of our neighbors and friends involved like others did. How HUMILIATING!!!!!!

cito Guest

FRESH NEWS! USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO WATCH THIS NEWS VIDEO FROM ABC4 http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/defa...?videoId=36788

I think it's completely fair that those who profitted off of 12 Daily Pro should have to pay it all back. They should have known what they were getting into, and it'll be a lesson learned to them if they're smart. Though, I do think Chariss still needs to be thrown in the slammer along with Stormpay man.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by Talk2me
    Yes, coontie, the Attorney was a little amused. I was trying to find someone to talk my husband out of getting involved. He chose not to accept the Attorney's advice. (He thrives on risk) I also warned many family members and friends and they still got involved. I guess they are not alone, looks like there are at least 300,000 other gullible people out there. Many of them are still convinced that it was the best thing they ever did in their lives.

The Attorney did tell me that most Americans will get into a Ponzi or Pyramid scam 2 or 3 times in their life before they learn. (I can't remember where he learned that statistic.) I guess when it looks too good to be true, people just can't help themselves.
    Well, I'm not one of the "most people". And I don't say that boastfully.
    You seem like a nice person, so, for what it's worth, I'm sorry that they
    took your money. But anyone caught in this sort of a situation can
    just consider their loss of money as tuition payment for the college
    of life course of learning about con-artist and scammers.

I cannot understand how it is that most Americans work really hard and
    sacrifice in earning their money, then let some con, shyster snake charm
    them out of it.

Those people are such hateful, slimy creatures. They are the epitomy of
    the criminal element, and in some ways worse than murderers.

The closest I ever got to getting involved in such a scheme; I, at a certain
    point realized as a Pyramid Scheme (Ponzi's are the same), was by a
    person I had considered up until that time as a very good and highly
    respected friend.

She had encouraged me to join an organization which WAS NOT obviously
    some sort of con set-up to take advantage of people. Altogether different
    agenda.

At a certain point some members of the organization decide it would be nice
    to take a several weeks tour of Egypt, focusing on Cairo, the Pyramids,
    other Ancient Egyptian places of interest. This done as a group on a
    guided tour of approximately one month.

The trip was projected to cost, all ordinary expenses, but not gifts,
    souveiners, side entertainment, a package price of, in a round figure:
    $4000.00. I was interested, could have borrowed the money on a credit
    card or got a bank loan, but not sure that I wanted to have further indebtness for that reason. I though perhaps I could scrimp a little and
    raise the money outright out of my every day earnings. So I was proceeding
    on tht basis. But not sure that I would be able to get the necessary
    finances together by the established deadline.

Then, one day, this person I previouly mentioned called me on the phone
    and suggested we have a lunch date. I said okay and duly met her for
    what I assumed was the designated agenda.

Shortly after we were together and having our meal she made her pitch:
    we had previously talked and I had told her my financial position and how
    I was attempting to sucessfully accumulate the necessary funds by the
    deadline.

She then said, I can help you with your situation: pay me $2000.00
    directly, borrow two thousand, or otherwise, it is simpler for you to raise
    the other $2000.00. Or find two other people that are willing to advance
    you $2000.00 outright, like I am asking you to do for me. Because, that
    is what I am doing to take care of the situation; I've (she has) got another
    individual that has already gave (not loaned) $2000.00. So with the
    $2000.00 I am asking you to give me I wil have achieved the target amount
    for the trip. She also said that some other people in the organization
    were doing the same. That there were STILL a few other people available
    that she knew that noone else had got on their "project" yet. She could
    tell me who they were and I could possibly get them involved in my
    own "project." Plain and simple, it was a Pyramid operation being conducted
    by the individuals. I realized pretty quick that the way these thing work
    is the money taken in by some is used to pay others or pay for some
    immediate personal gain of the individual with whom you are dealing.
    Then, you "have to get to work"; "hire on" some others to do the same
    for you so that you're not left holding the bag! What happens to those
    down line? attitude is: not my problem - it is theirs.

Well, I was flabbergasted and really felt very disappointed in her, that she
    was doing this to people to achieve her own selfish goals. I really thought
    she respected me more than to attempt to involve me in such a thing.
    Because I immediately realized that the way the thing worked was that
    once she got her money, she had "smooth sailing" to go on the trip. Me
    and anyone else that had not been "as sucessful" with their "project"
    would be just S.O.L.

It wasn't long after she made her move that I quickly terminated our
    lunch engagement and also never returned to any further functions
    in that organization.

I might have loaned her the money on a note, if she would have asked.
    At least we could have talked in that regard. And we may have very well
    still have been friends andme respecting her still.

Quote Originally Posted by briankj
    Though I have been following these threads for some time, this is my first post. Recently I had $500.00 tied up in 12DP. I went down to my credit union, filed a chargeback against Stormpay. Money back in bank. Situation over. Though I don't blame 12dp for the situation, I blame Stormpay, I can't sit around and wait for these two companies to sit around and argue.
    How is it NOT 12DP's fault?

FACT: 12DP decided to DROP Egold around the first week of January
    FACT: 12DP decided to use EMO instead
    FACT: At some point in January, Stormpay decided to FORCE 12DP to ONLY use them
    FACT: 2 or 3 days later, they FROZE 12DP's account

So, with that timeline, do you think that all of their funds were channeled into Stormpay within that 3 day period? $50 mil worth?

Nope. Most of those funds were already sitting there and in fact, I recall Charis saying back in December that they have a SURPLUS of funds in Stormpay.

Therefore, the funds have been sitting in Stormpay for quite some time, enough time that it WASN'T in any type of "investment portfolio".