+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PLEASE use SEARCH on Scam.com

This is getting kind of insane lately; people are just creating new threads to ask questions that have been askedand answered 10,000 times already in specific threads.

No one here feels superior to anyone else, we've all been new to this site at one time or another, and I'm not writing this with any malice, but in the 4 months I've been a member of this board, I've seen a huge change just in the last month alone where people are just plain lazy and refuse to do a simple search for their answer. The same questions get asked and answered over and over; posts are turned into threads instead of asked in the appropriate thread. Have a question about NuiTech sites, there is a specific thread for that; same for pretty much every one of these companies.

At least make an effort and search for the answer; there's also an Advanced Search. Search function is on the toolbar right below "Welcome XXXX" on the upper right. I know it might be a pain in the a*s for some of you to search through pages and pages but you might just stumble upon a ton of info you will need AND want to know.

I don't profess to speak for anyone other than myself so don't think of this as me speaking for the board, but it's just lazy to not even attempt to use the search on here to find info.

We all want to help and are willing to help - no one has been more helpful to me than CBL, Luca, DB, and TJWOR to name a few - and a lot of that has just come from searching out their answers in the forum.

Just think, if you search for the answers to your questions, you'll get an answer almost immediately - a lot sooner than waiting around for someone to answer your specific question which in all likelihood has been asked and answered (over and over and over again).

Again, I don't want to come off like a jerk, I'm more than happy to help and provide answers when I can and have for months, but this endless loop of the same questions and brand new threads for the same questions is making this experience more tedious than ever.

ok..back to getting more free stuff.

Re: PLEASE use SEARCH on Scam.com

Good post. Not only that, but in case of HUGE threads like the RewardsVenue thread, when you go into that thread, there is a SECOND search button that says "Search This Thread" so that you can really hunt through one specific thread, instead of all of Scam.com

Use these tools, because they help out tremendously!!!

Amen to that. Thanks fano, you put it so much more eloquently (nicer too) than what I could.

Very true indeed. I suppose mostly due to lazyness, but also done on purpose by scammers to create diversion easier.

Two recommendations to scam.com ownership:

1. Place a clear message in the header of this site, asking board users to first use board's Search before posing a question.

2. Instruct moderators to replace first message of any new thread for a previously answered question with that message too. Eventually point the thread opener to the already existing thread on the subject. Then after a few days completely remove the 'double' thread.

Besides the advantage of greater convenience, it will save an awful lot of server space.

Word up. Good call fano.

Finally, I can stop being mean in each new thread!!!!!

bumpin' my own damn thread

Glad you did or I might not have seen it.

I think it's time we stop getting so frustrated with people who are overwhelmed by all these threads. They are long, disorganized and unruly. I read the threads, mainly the ones for sites I am doing, from the very first post to the end, and I still get confused. The search function...don't get me started. I hate that thing. Awhile back I wanted to search for that url somebody posted that you can use if you never got your initial email from the gift site. What do you search for if you can't remember who posted it? What phrase or words would I use that could be specific enough to find it? url? url+password? Arg. I'm no good at searching.

If we had threads that dealt with subject matter rather than a single free gift site, it would be easier for people to find the answers they are looking for. For example: when is it safe to cancel an offer? This question is asked constantly. If there was a thread about cancelling offers, you wouldn't have to filter through so many posts.

dbierman started a bulletin board awhile back that would be perfect for this. I don't even know if it's still going because I just tried to get to it before I wrote this post and the url I have leads to his racing forums & other stuff. It would be great because you could post general topic stuff and it would stay put. A thread about cancelling offers would always be visible, not buried under the last thirty 12dp threads.

In other words, we could still have "conversations" on scam.com, but post important information that everyone needs to know on dbierman's forum.

Make sense?

Di

BTW, can someone post that link to dbiermans free stuff forum?

I'm glad to see this topic addressed in thread form. I generally believe that 80% people are inherently too lazy or stupid to use the full functionality of any site. This site and these people are no different. (I'm not excluding myself here....I, too, am stupid and lazy.) Anyway, I keep stressing this point in the threads I'm subscribed to but I know it doesn't help. Thanks, Dave, nonetheless.

-CBL

Quote Originally Posted by Ibedi
    Glad you did or I might not have seen it.

I think it's time we stop getting so frustrated with people who are overwhelmed by all these threads. They are long, disorganized and unruly. I read the threads, mainly the ones for sites I am doing, from the very first post to the end, and I still get confused. The search function...don't get me started. I hate that thing. Awhile back I wanted to search for that url somebody posted that you can use if you never got your initial email from the gift site. What do you search for if you can't remember who posted it? What phrase or words would I use that could be specific enough to find it? url? url+password? Arg. I'm no good at searching.

If we had threads that dealt with subject matter rather than a single free gift site, it would be easier for people to find the answers they are looking for. For example: when is it safe to cancel an offer? This question is asked constantly. If there was a thread about cancelling offers, you wouldn't have to filter through so many posts.

dbierman started a bulletin board awhile back that would be perfect for this. I don't even know if it's still going because I just tried to get to it before I wrote this post and the url I have leads to his racing forums & other stuff. It would be great because you could post general topic stuff and it would stay put. A thread about cancelling offers would always be visible, not buried under the last thirty 12dp threads.

In other words, we could still have "conversations" on scam.com, but post important information that everyone needs to know on dbierman's forum.

Make sense?

Di

BTW, can someone post that link to dbiermans free stuff forum?
    Last edited by TXCBL; 02-04-2006 at 09:12 AM.

What search? There is a search function? Really? Super Really? ;) :D
    You have a 14 day trial. On the 10th day your card will be billed and you will be shipped a fresh supply of our wonderful product....

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBL
    I'm glad to see this topic addressed in thread form. I generally believe that 80% people are inherently too lazy or stupid to use the full functionality of any site. This site and these people are no different. (I'm not excluding myself here....I, too, am stupid and lazy.) Anyway, I keep stressing this point in the threads I'm subscribed to but I know it doesn't help. Thanks, Dave, nonetheless.

-CBL

I will admit to being too stupid for the search function. I just don't have the knack for coming up with good search words. When I search for something, I end up with a list of practically every free gift thread. When I try to be more specific, I end up with nothing.

But I really, really would like to see some threads started that deal with specific all-gift-site issues. For example:

When is it safe to cancel offers?
    How to apply for manual credit
    What are the least expensive offers?
    Problem offers/quick-credit offers
    Tax issues
    Product quality (what's the best plasma?)
    Tips & tricks for managing your gift sites

So, for example, somebody has a question about the 1099 and they post it on the MSG thread. A scam dot vet points them to the "tax issues" thread and tells them if they don't find the answer there, post their question on that thread. Then the next time someone peruses that thread, there will be one more tax-related question answered.

I'd really love some feedback. What do you guys (& not-guys) think about this? Would deliberately starting some of these threads and seeding them with some basic info make our lives easier? Or would they just get buried by cito & ponzi nemesis?

Di

You're not stupid, Di. I know you ain't dumb. You bring up a valid point. Search strings do pose a problem.

You got me thinking.....what if there were a separate site from this one that used the same platform, looked the same, acted the same but was organized & geared specifically FOR free stuff? We'd all be "comfortable" using it because it would be powered by the same stuff that powers Scam. Would you go?

I might take on this project if a few others think it's a decent idea. I'd need suggestions for domain names. If anyone has suggestions, email 'em to me at [email protected]

Input is appreciated.

-CBL

I will admit to being too stupid for the search function. I just don't have the knack for coming up with good search words. When I search for something, I end up with a list of practically every free gift thread. When I try to be more specific, I end up with nothing.

But I really, really would like to see some threads started that deal with specific all-gift-site issues. For example:

When is it safe to cancel offers?
    How to apply for manual credit
    What are the least expensive offers?
    Problem offers/quick-credit offers
    Tax issues
    Product quality (what's the best plasma?)
    Tips & tricks for managing your gift sites

So, for example, somebody has a question about the 1099 and they post it on the MSG thread. A scam dot vet points them to the "tax issues" thread and tells them if they don't find the answer there, post their question on that thread. Then the next time someone peruses that thread, there will be one more tax-related question answered.

I'd really love some feedback. What do you guys (& not-guys) think about this? Would deliberately starting some of these threads and seeding them with some basic info make our lives easier? Or would they just get buried by cito & ponzi nemesis?

Di

You're not stupid, Di. I know you ain't dumb. You bring up a valid point. Search strings do pose a problem.
    Oy. Don't get me started...

You got me thinking.....what if there were a separate site from this one that used the same platform, looked the same, acted the same but was organized & geared specifically FOR free stuff? We'd all be "comfortable" using it because it would be powered by the same stuff that powers Scam. Would you go?
    You betcha. It's weird though. The hippie part of me loves the idea of the forum as a living document, so to speak. Where the threads that are happening are what's on top, what's most accessible. It's alive and vital.

But the librarian in me wants a more static archive. That part of me fears the burying (or even the loss!) of really good information just because people don't pay attention to it for a few days.

So I love the forums, but I also love the bulletin board.

I might take on this project if a few others think it's a decent idea. I'd need suggestions for domain names. If anyone has suggestions, email 'em to me at [email protected]

Input is appreciated.

-CBL
    I hate to put pressure on you, but if anyone can make this fly, you can. I think maybe people will follow you away from scam dot. To a land free from 12 Daily Pro, where free ipods and plamas line the horizon. Where men and women can step forward into the golden future of an 800% or more return on their money.

I am going to pm you about this, okay?

Di

Oy. Don't get me started...

You betcha. It's weird though. The hippie part of me loves the idea of the forum as a living document, so to speak. Where the threads that are happening are what's on top, what's most accessible. It's alive and vital.

But the librarian in me wants a more static archive. That part of me fears the burying (or even the loss!) of really good information just because people don't pay attention to it for a few days.

So I love the forums, but I also love the bulletin board.

I hate to put pressure on you, but if anyone can make this fly, you can. I think maybe people will follow you away from scam dot. To a land free from 12 Daily Pro, where free ipods and plamas line the horizon. Where men and women can step forward into the golden future of an 800% or more return on their money.

I am going to pm you about this, okay?

Di

Bring the noise. Bring the funk, Di. Email (see above) or PM. Whichever floats your boat. I'm still blushing from your uber-kind words. I already got the domain name and bought the license. Did it just now. So we'll find out whether it will work or not, no?

-CBL

Okay.

Should I just flat-out admit that I am posting again in an attempt to keep this conversation live...(Fano? Luca? Bogey? Lunarcy? Where are you????)...or do I have something more pertinent to say...

Um...nope. Just keeping it live. If I was younger I'd have something more hip to say, but I'm not.

C'mon guys. I know you, with your rapier minds, have something brilliant to add to this discussion. Get on it! :p

Di

You're such a peach, Di. Will respond to your PM when I'm thinking clearly (later).

I think the answer depends on how people manage their thread subscriptions. I know Luca and other just hit the main page every day rather than going straight to subbed threads. So whadda you say we just start a new thread? I'll do it now.

Keep hope alive, etc...
    -CBL

Okay.

Should I just flat-out admit that I am posting again in an attempt to keep this conversation live...(Fano? Luca? Bogey? Lunarcy? Where are you????)...or do I have something more pertinent to say...

Um...nope. Just keeping it live. If I was younger I'd have something more hip to say, but I'm not.

C'mon guys. I know you, with your rapier minds, have something brilliant to add to this discussion. Get on it! :p

Di