+ Reply to Thread

Heartless Consumer Incentive Promotions

Hey everyone I'm new here but was needing some feedback:

I'm working toward getting the mac mini from Consumer Incentive promotions (am only needing 1 offer) but when I go to the third page, many of the offers that were previously there (the first time I went to the third page) are changed/removed and I'm not eligible for the ones left there. I really don't want to fill out a credit card and cancel it because I heard it's bad for your credit, especially for me, a poor college student.

After I send them an email telling them to make those offers which I'm eligible for available again, I log back into my account and guess what?

All of my offers are erased!!! Each of the three columns says Not Complete!

I'm hoping it's just a temporary technical error because now I'm scared I just lost $200.

I don't know whether to cry, yell in rage, or just stay frozen in awe.

:( :mad:
    Last edited by osxguy87; 02-01-2006 at 12:23 AM.

Re: Heartless Consumer Incentive Promotions

Take a deep breath.

I'm doing toy-offer.com (same company) and my offers are all erased too. I called them up, and the representative said that she can see them fine. It must be a site glitch of some sort - be patient, I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Bonsai
    Last edited by bonsai; 01-31-2006 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai
    Take a deep breath.

I'm doing toy-offer.com (same company) and my offers are all erased too. I called them up, and the representative said that she can see them fine. It must be a site glitch of some sort - be patient, I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Bonsai

Well, correct me if I'm wrong...but the number I called (a 561 number) seems to be a personal cell phone.

It better be a site glitch. Thanks for the reply.

Damn, all my offers are gone too...hope they fix this soon!

I hope it is a glitch too. I went to check my status to see if they had gotten my voucher yet and it is showing email not found. I know for sure that is the email that I used.

Quote Originally Posted by osxguy87
    I really don't want to fill out a credit card and cancel it because I heard it's bad for your credit, especially for me, a poor college student.
    I am not any financial or credit expert. But, do you have a credit card at all? I know all to well the plight of the poor college student, been there done that. But if you get a credit card and keep it, that can help you build a credit rating for your future. I got a credit card when I was 18, didn't put much on it, paid it off in full every month. The key is to pay it off every month and not let it become a problem. The credit card you get now can make things easier when you are older. I have excellent credit rating right now because of the things I did when I was in school. One offer that might help you would be to sign up for Citi Credit Monitoring and check out your credit report and credit score. I did and was pleasantly surprised. Just a thought. If you can't handle the credit card financially or already have one, disregard my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey523
    I am not any financial or credit expert. But, do you have a credit card at all? I know all to well the plight of the poor college student, been there done that. But if you get a credit card and keep it, that can help you build a credit rating for your future. I got a credit card when I was 18, didn't put much on it, paid it off in full every month. The key is to pay it off every month and not let it become a problem. The credit card you get now can make things easier when you are older. I have excellent credit rating right now because of the things I did when I was in school. One offer that might help you would be to sign up for Citi Credit Monitoring and check out your credit report and credit score. I did and was pleasantly surprised. Just a thought. If you can't handle the credit card financially or already have one, disregard my advice.
    Yeah I have two credit cards. One I use for and pay for myself (books, etc.) and the other one I set aside for an emergency/special expense.

anyway, yes, I'm hoping it's a site glitch

But what about the issue with the ineligible offers?