+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Info on Plasma TV/Monitor from YFD

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I guess I didn't want this to get lost in the 'It's not a TV/it's a Monitor' discussion:

I called YF Direct today to check on when they received my Certs for MSG. While on the phone, I asked them to check on my status of EFG as this marks the 8th week from when they received my Certs and when I should expect the Plasma to be marked shipped. The woman said that there are problems with this TV and they ordered the wrong one. She said to check back in 2-4 weeks.

I didn't press for information. I just said OK, thanked her, and hung up. I have a feeling the TV's that will be going out from this point forward will now have speakers.

Re: New Info on Plasma TV/Monitor from YFD

Quote Originally Posted by Random33
    Sorry for starting a new thread, but I guess I didn't want this to get lost in the 'It's not a TV/it's a Monitor' discussion:

I called YF Direct today to check on when they received my Certs for MSG. While on the phone, I asked them to check on my status of EFG as this marks the 8th week from when they received my Certs and when I should expect the Plasma to be marked shipped. The woman said that there are problems with this TV and they ordered the wrong one. She said to check back in 2-4 weeks.

I didn't press for information. I just said OK, thanked her, and hung up. I have a feeling the TV's that will be going out from this point forward will now have speakers.
    AcK! How can you have them on the hook and not prod for details? :P

Cool. They got my certs on 12/21 so I can start bugging them after next week. Anyone else hear this?

Dunno if it's related or not, but it appears that the TV everyone was posting a link for on Tech Depot is now sold out after going days without selling one.

http://www.techdepot.com/pro/product...ductid=3398363

Jake360,

Has anyone said they received their Plasma TV from YF Direct by way of "Tech Depot" ?

Bonsai

Quote Originally Posted by Jake360
    Dunno if it's related or not, but it appears that the TV everyone was posting a link for on Tech Depot is now sold out after going days without selling one.

http://www.techdepot.com/pro/product...ductid=3398363
    Thats good news :)

I got my Monitor today, same model everyone got.

Hi, I asked this before but haven't gotten a response yet.

February 1st is my end of the 8th week since having my certificates delivered and processed.

Should I be expecting the Plasma TV to arrive by the 1st? Or will I be waiting like another 2 weeks from the 1st?

After calling them last Thursday complaining about missing speakers, I received my speaker set today. It was shipped from buy.com and here is the link:
    http://www.buy.com/prod/OPTIONAL_LIG.../10354707.html

It's quite impressing that Sony dares to charge $220 for two 7W speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai
    Jake360,

Has anyone said they received their Plasma TV from YF Direct by way of "Tech Depot" ?

Bonsai
    Not sure. I just saw a few people posting links last week saying that Tech Depot is where they have read the TV comes from. I don't remember anyone that has received their TV saying that, but apparently someone read it that Tech Depot's name came up.

It seems entirely possible considering that that specific model had seven units in-stock for several days (over a week) and now they are all sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantMyMTV
    I got my Monitor today, same model everyone got.
    Congrats! Was it the Sony FWD-42PV1/B? Also, do you know if it came from Tech Depot?

Not sure. I just saw a few people posting links last week saying that Tech Depot is where they have read the TV comes from. I don't remember anyone that has received their TV saying that, but apparently someone read it that Tech Depot's name came up.

It seems entirely possible considering that that specific model had seven units in-stock for several days (over a week) and now they are all sold out.
    noone in their right mind would order 7 of them, you can get the commercial EDtv plasmas for so much cheaper than 2k. It had to have been them.
    Last edited by igneous; 02-01-2006 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by igneous
    noone in their right mind would order 7 of them, you can get the commercial EDtv plasmas for so much cheaper than 2k. It had to have been them.
    Exactly. It would take something like a YF Direct coming along and buying so many at one time since that is the model they have been sending to people.

Still waiting for the new information.........

Congrats! Was it the Sony FWD-42PV1/B? Also, do you know if it came from Tech Depot?
    yeah, that id the right model Sony FWD-42PV1/B.

This thing came from:

Insight Inc. Distribution Center
    1600 Hunter Court
    Hanover Park, IL 60103

found it!! http://www.insight.com/site/search/i...ony+42&x=0&y=0

they have 172 in stock...
    Last edited by IWantMyMTV; 02-02-2006 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling

I just looked and the same tv is on their website here as well: http://www.insight.com/site/product/...lts_Full_Specs

Both same model number---the cheaper one says to call for availability.

If they pay that much for the first link posted---wow. I can get an HDTV for $1899 from Costco!