+ Reply to Thread

The Truth About Diabetes

In Kevin Trudeau's "Natural Cures 'They' Don't Want You To Know About (Updated Version)," he inadvertantly listed a drs.' name with a typo. The name is supposed to be Dr. Youngsoo Kim, (not Dr. Young Su Kim) and so people that did a search with the typo may of had no luck finding the valuable information. I do not have diabetes but know quite a few people that do. I am telling them about this...here is the web site:

http://www.thetruthaboutdiabetes.info

I feel that this is credible, especially since this came out of that book- anybody have any CREDIBLE testimonials on this? Anybody tried the techniques mentioned there?
    (Please, no uninformed skeptics who are too narrow-minded to get the real facts and go on to bash something out of ignorance ;) :rolleyes:

Wanting to help!!! Thank you.

Re: The Truth About Diabetes

Boone,
    I agree! One thing that I would say here is though is that herbs aren't going to help unless the person with diabetes taking them has a change in lifestyle. People that have developed Type 2 diabetes have eaten their way to the disease and can eat their way out. Vitamins, minerals & herbs are VERY important in this process, as I am a nutritional consultant for an all natural herbal company. Everyone (not just diabetics) need a certain amount of protein to maintain their lean muscle mass and 65 vitamins & minerals to maintain proper health. Diabetics are particularly at risk for not getting their protein because their diets most likely contain more carbohydrates than protein! My personal protein need is 120 grams per day. I've already hit 70 grams so far. But if you ask most anyone out there, they won't have a clue how much they need or how much they've eaten. When I sit a new client down to assess their health & weight issues, previous diet habits and give them tips and rules to live by, I ask what they've eaten today - they're response is usually one of pure embarassment! And then they fess up - 'well I didn't eat breakfast, I had a whopper, coke & fries for lunch and I haven't eaten dinner yet. Is pretty typical. Well there you MAY have all of 20 grams of protein - and that's being REEEALY generous! Unless you're in the 3rd grade, you need more than 20 grams of protein daily! Protein regulates sugars in the body. So when a diabetic reaches for a candy bar when they feel weak - geesh - that's what caused the whole blasted diabetic thing in the first place - not eating enough and not eating the right foods when they did eat! I've personally witnessed a diabetic lady go from a sugar level of 353 to a normal level of under 100 in less than 2 weeks just from proper nutrition - and her "doctor" rudely told her that if she didn't get on insulin RIGHT NOW that she would be hospitalized, need surgery and probably die! Then the doctor gave her 2 weeks to get her "diet" straight (not believing she could). Her doctor wanted the check from the pharmacuitical company for writing the Rx. Well, the lady proved her doctor wrong and now her sugar levels are normal! So there - to those doctors who like to "practice"! :p

I am reading more research from mainstream as well as others that sugar isn't the bad guy in type II diabetes. It is protein, or I should say excess of protein. A lady who has been vegan for years told me this very thing 10 years ago. Apparently, we do not need as much protein as we have been taught. And certainly not animal protein as that can lead to higher cholesterol and gall bladder stones (also known as cholesterol stones) My father-in-law has type II diabetes and had his gall bladder removed as well due to the golf ball size stones that were over flowing in there. Hmmm... and he loved eating meat everyday, not to mention the milk and coffee as well.

Heavensent, you mentioned a herbal company you are in. Which one is that ? PM me if you want to answer it there. I am looking at a chartered herbalist course and someone recommended that I look into Herbal consultant from there. I could also go on to become a master herbalist if desired.

As important as that all is in helping people initially, people need to learn how to change their lifestyle, as you mentioned above, Heavensent. If they don't learn, they will only keep affecting themselves and returning for more herbs to treat them. When they could prevent that whole thing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    I am reading more research from mainstream as well as others that sugar isn't the bad guy in type II diabetes. It is protein, or I should say excess of protein. A lady who has been vegan for years told me this very thing 10 years ago. Apparently, we do not need as much protein as we have been taught. And certainly not animal protein as that can lead to higher cholesterol and gall bladder stones (also known as cholesterol stones) My father-in-law has type II diabetes and had his gall bladder removed as well due to the golf ball size stones that were over flowing in there. Hmmm... and he loved eating meat everyday, not to mention the milk and coffee as well.

Heavensent, you mentioned a herbal company you are in. Which one is that ? PM me if you want to answer it there. I am looking at a chartered herbalist course and someone recommended that I look into Herbal consultant from there. I could also go on to become a master herbalist if desired.

As important as that all is in helping people initially, people need to learn how to change their lifestyle, as you mentioned above, Heavensent. If they don't learn, they will only keep affecting themselves and returning for more herbs to treat them. When they could prevent that whole thing themselves.

In one respect, I do agree! Too much protein isn't good for you. Your kidney's and other filtering organs can't do their job when there is an excess of protein that can't be absorbed! That's where diet's like atkins and south beach fail. They don't tell you how much you need for your personal body structure. Excess sugar (and simple carbohydrates, however, is a very big culperate for developing type II diabetes. Your body becomes insulin resistant because it takes in so much carbs during the day that your pancreas has a constant dump of insulin because once your body has that carb, your pancreas immedately generates an insulin dump causing you to crave more sweets. So, to accomodate your craving, you eat more carbs. The cycle starts again and again and again until your body can no longer keep up with the carb intake and constant need for insulin and becomes resistant. Protein helps us regulate the sugar. It helps us maintain a feeling of full - not a false sense of full like carbs. My body needs 120 grams of protein because I have 120 lbs of lean muscle mass. So, everyone's number will differ. I've seen many diabetics lower their insulin intake or even get off their meds (while working with their doctor, of course) by getting the proper nutrition and amount of protein for their particular body. There are other ways of getting your protein daily rather than meats. The MAJORITY of my protein I eat daily is in the form of isolated soy/whey protein. 28 gram nutritional shake with vitamins & minerals in the morninng & lunch, a pure 30 gram protein shake 2 times a day and a sensible meal. So I hit between 120-135 grams of protein daily. I've gained over 9 lbs in lean body mass (muscle)!

Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    In one respect, I do agree! Too much protein isn't good for you. Your kidney's and other filtering organs can't do their job when there is an excess of protein that can't be absorbed! That's where diet's like atkins and south beach fail. They don't tell you how much you need for your personal body structure. Excess sugar (and simple carbohydrates, however, is a very big culperate for developing type II diabetes. Your body becomes insulin resistant because it takes in so much carbs during the day that your pancreas has a constant dump of insulin because once your body has that carb, your pancreas immedately generates an insulin dump causing you to crave more sweets. So, to accomodate your craving, you eat more carbs. The cycle starts again and again and again until your body can no longer keep up with the carb intake and constant need for insulin and becomes resistant. Protein helps us regulate the sugar. It helps us maintain a feeling of full - not a false sense of full like carbs. My body needs 120 grams of protein because I have 120 lbs of lean muscle mass. So, everyone's number will differ. I've seen many diabetics lower their insulin intake or even get off their meds (while working with their doctor, of course) by getting the proper nutrition and amount of protein for their particular body. There are other ways of getting your protein daily rather than meats. The MAJORITY of my protein I eat daily is in the form of isolated soy/whey protein. 28 gram nutritional shake with vitamins & minerals in the morninng & lunch, a pure 30 gram protein shake 2 times a day and a sensible meal. So I hit between 120-135 grams of protein daily. I've gained over 9 lbs in lean body mass (muscle)!
    I will make a recommendation as far as the soy isolate goes. Have you ever read a book called "Excitotoxins" ? (Dr Blaylock) It talks about the hidden forms of msg and soy protein isolate is one of them. I no longer take protein powders or supplements due to that reason. Hydrolyzed ingredients like vegetable protein is also another hidden form of msg. We borrowed the book from the library but I really need to buy it and have it as a reference. Because I am going from memory and not from notes, I can offer little to back it up other than to say, "read the book" so people can see for themselves.

This is a quote from a vegetarian book that we have.

During the past two years, the North American Food guides have been largely rewritten with grains replacing meats and dairy products as the number one food group. However, the old ideas with respect to protein are much harder to debunk. Concepts such as complete proteins, the necessity of animal proteins, and the need for food combining to include all of the essential amino acids are still sacred cows. It is going to take a considerable amount of re-education to convince several generations of meat-eaters to develop new dietary habits.

Our bodies do need protein. It is an essential ingredient to good physical health. However, the question of how much protein we need varies. Studies indicate that the average, non-vegetarian North American consumes over 100 grams of protein a day, much of it in the form of animal protein. In order to breakdown these high quantities of protein, the liver and kidneys are forced to work harder. As your protein intake rises, so does the amount of calcium excreted in the urine. If you eat the typical high protein diet, this calcium loss may affect the density of your bones and lead to osteoporosis. The result, people who consume meat, eggs, and milk every day are much more susceptible to a variety of diseases including liver and kidney disease, arthritis, and osteoporosis.

Our recommended daily allowance has provided us with some guidelines on daily protein requirements. It recommends 46 grams a day for the average woman and 56 grams (or 2 ounces) a day for the average man. A vegetarian diet will provide you with a more than adequate intake of protein, without the unwanted fat or cholesterol contained in meat and dairy products.
    I would combine the info there with the Excitotoxin book info regarding the types of protein that most of us tend to consume. The dangers of the protein isolates and hydrolyzed proteins should be of interest to anyone who wants to increase their knowledge of the increasingly alarming rate of manipulated ingredients. Again, we are told of the benefits, but not the long term effects. One has to really question if there are ANY benefits to certain ingredients such as the hydrolyzed proteins. Any form of msg must be avoided to protect the neurons of the brain.

Whey protein, although toted as the most digestable part of dairy, is still a dairy source, in the end. I no longer take any whey as well. I have recently become aware that all vegetables, have a certain percentage of protein in them. Potatoes being one of them. I found that interesting because we were never taught that in schools. Then again, with big business donating to education, why wouldn't things they want to be taught to young impressionable minds be taught their way ?

FYI -- that initial Trudaeu book was a scam. The only relief for diabetics is regular exercise and a high protein diet with special veggies and foods that control your insulin. Find a medical dietician that specializes in diabetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    FYI -- that initial Trudaeu book was a scam. The only relief for diabetics is regular exercise and a high protein diet with special veggies and foods that control your insulin. Find a medical dietician that specializes in diabetics.
    The program I refer to took a diabetic of 15 years, put him in a routine where he got some exercise, drank more water, ate food properly as well as eating more raw foods, etc.. and within 30 days no longer needed his medication for diabetes. It can be beaten, unlike the medical profession says. You are what you eat. If a person wants to truly be disease free, they need to start by getting rid of ALL dairy foods out of the diet. That would be a good start.

davekross Guest

Thanks for all the usefull information.

Dont Trust This

Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    The program I refer to took a diabetic of 15 years, put him in a routine where he got some exercise, drank more water, ate food properly as well as eating more raw foods, etc.. and within 30 days no longer needed his medication for diabetes. It can be beaten, unlike the medical profession says. You are what you eat. If a person wants to truly be disease free, they need to start by getting rid of ALL dairy foods out of the diet. That would be a good start.

I am a diabetic that cured it through diet. I did not need to "remove All dairy foods" from my diet. While milk and cream both do have a lot of sugar in them, dairy products were not a focus or even a big concern within my diet.

My focus was removing refined sugars and corn byproducts like "High fructose corn syrup" from my diet. Eating natural sugars was no concern for me.

Sucrolose and Stevia are my sweeteners now and have replaced white sugar and refined sweeteners.