+ Reply to Thread

Paradise-the true definition

I hate to say this, but man's vision of Paradise today is different from how it was viewed in Christ's time. It's almost the equivilant of how Isaiah used the Eastern world's grammer, causing the western world to ponder what the heck Isaiah means.

Most religions do not understand the concept of what Paradise means, in truth. We need to look back at the origins of the word in order to interpret the words of Christ to the thief accurately. As you will see, alternations in the interpretations of the word stand as a witness that there was an apostacy after the days of Christ.

The word Paradise actually originated in Iran with the Old Persion language before the days of Christ as "pairidaeza" which meant "a garden surrounded by an enclosure" or "an enclosure surrounding a garden." It was common at this time for the rulers of the land to plant large gardens with walls surrounding it in front of their palaces. Later, this word passed on to Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek retaining their original definitions. As you might recall, these are 3 of the main languages that were spoken in the days of Christ in Jerusalem, with Aramaic being the most dominant and widespread. It has therefore been supposed that Christ spoke in this tounge while He was on the cross and throughout much of His life.

Around 1175, the word passed on to Old English with the definition altered to represent the Garden of Eden and other lively places of happiness. Thus we see that man made an alternation to the definition of the word during the Great Apostacy. Using the true meaning of the word, what might the enclosure be? I personally am not sure, but I will make the prediction that it likely represents the barrior preventing Satan from having influence on those in the Spirit World, known today as Paradise and Prision, but known in Christ's day as a whole as Paradise. Therefore, if this were to be the case, Christ's statement in no way proves that the thief experienced spiritual joy with Him at that particular time, because the origional definition never stated anything regarding happiness and suffering. It would also be against the eternal laws for one who didn't keep the commandments of God to have a free entrance into a place of spiritual happiness.

Re: Paradise-the true definition

yes!!that was a great speech!!i am in awe!!.........but then i also am SUSPECT!?sign of the times i guess!?for it is the ACTIONS of men not the DEFINITIONS of men that DETERMINE the SOCIETY we live in!!and,of course i must MEASURE your WORDS against the RESULTS I SEE in everyday LIFE!!call me a REALIST like SUB!!hehe!!

And where did you learn this from?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by heatwave08
    "pairidaeza" which meant "a garden surrounded by an enclosure" or "an enclosure surrounding a garden."
    Sounds just like a cemetary to me. The "granite orchard" you might say.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    And where did you learn this from?

Lady Mod
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paradise
    Look under Word History

Also, from the dictionary.com definition of "Avestan" found in the word history of Paradise (this explains why it's known as Old Persian)...

2: the script in which the ancient Persian language of the Avesta is written [syn: Avestan]

Quote Originally Posted by heatwaveo8
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=paradise
    Look under Word History

Also, from the dictionary.com definition of "Avestan" found in the word history of Paradise (this explains why it's known as Old Persian)...

2: the script in which the ancient Persian language of the Avesta is written [syn: Avestan]
    There is a flaw in your reasoning. While Paradise is not heaven, Jesus did have to go to Paradise himself before defeating Satan and death thereby providing a way for the old testament saints as well as that thief access into heaven. Before Christ, souls entered paradise awaiting the defeat of Satan.

So, someplace the thief did enter paradise with Jesus and once Jesus broke open the doors of the prison (and we are told that happened when he died on the cross and rose up in 3 days defeating death) all those waiting in paradise were then able to enter heaven.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    There is a flaw in your reasoning. While Paradise is not heaven, Jesus did have to go to Paradise himself before defeating Satan and death thereby providing a way for the old testament saints as well as that thief access into heaven. Before Christ, souls entered paradise awaiting the defeat of Satan.

So, someplace the thief did enter paradise with Jesus and once Jesus broke open the doors of the prison (and we are told that happened when he died on the cross and rose up in 3 days defeating death) all those waiting in paradise were then able to enter heaven.

Lady Mod
    Your heaven is my Paradise and your Paradise is my Prision.

The life after this is known as a whole as Paradise because Satan is barred from influencing us, regardless of whether we're in Spirit Prison or Paradise. However, it's also known as a whole as Prison because, whether in today's Prision or Paradise, we will be separated from our bodies until the Resurrection. In the Paradise known today, the abode of the righteous, people are happy, but in the Spirit Prision of today, they are suffering. Recall that the origional definition of Paradise in Jesus' time never said anything regarding happiness and suffering, though, so the thief could've gone to either one.

The term of Jesus opening the doors of the prison actually has a different meaning. Jesus never actually spoke to those in Spirit Prision. He went to the abode of the righteous between His death and resurrection and bestowed upon them the Priesthood keys which allowed them to teach the Gospel to the spirits in Prision. Those who were in Paradise had already received the neccesary ordinances by the proper authority during this life before or during the days of Christ and were earnest in keeping the commandments, having faith in Christ and enduring to the end, but they were not allowed to teach the Gospel. With Christ's visit, this work could commence.

However, people could only get baptized when a mortal body was involved, so how could they themselves receive the necessary ordinances? This is one of the greatest secrets to many.

Obadiah 1: 21
    21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD’s.

The "saviours" are the members who hold the authority on this earth to baptize and be baptized, be endowed, and be sealed in the House of the Lord on behalf of those who are dead.

1 Cor. 15: 29
    29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Regarding being sealed....

Malachi 4:5-6
    5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

It is therefore possible for those who have not received all of the required ordinances to recieve these blessings and ordinances required to obtain Godhood if they so choose to accept it. After they have accepted it and have continued to prove their faith and worthiness for a time, then will they be found worthy to enter Paradise until the Resurrection. Because the thief didn't have these ordinances, he couldn't have gone into Paradise, and can't unless he has been forgiven of God and has been given the necessary ordinances via living people on this earth. The laws of God will never change, lest He shall cease to be God. Therefore the thief didn't go into today's Paradise.
    Last edited by heatwaveo8; 04-03-2006 at 06:29 AM.

forget this whole debate!?(as far as i rememeber i"m no saint!?) THE CHRIST WENT TO h e l l AND PREACED TO THE SPRIRTS WITHIN!?HEHE!! THIS HAS 2 SIGNIFICANCES..THAT HIS DISCIPLES WOULD DO THE SAME..........AND .........REREAD THE THE POST!?yors truly,not just me but you also the lexx!?if that's to FRESH!! ignore it!?HEHE!!
    Last edited by lexx; 04-04-2006 at 09:49 AM.