+ Reply to Thread

Is it illegal to..

Is it illegal to run an HYIP and/or an Autosurf monitoring site in the United States?

I've been developing an Autosurf Monitoring site much like hyipinvestment.com (only much bigger) with articles, tips, faqs, strategy, etc. There will absolutely no advertising on the site but the monitor will contain referral links to the various programs. Other than these referral links I am not affiliated with these programs in any way.

The reason for my concern is because I recently visited expinvest-international.com which is a program that turned out to be a scam. Anyways the site has been taken over by a new admin, there is a forum, and there is a big investigation going on. One of the posts states "recommending illegal investment scheme or promoting or acting as staff for business which does illegal and fraudulent investment scheme is ILLEGAL in Europe and in the United Kingdom" (http://www.expinvest-international.c...wtopic.php?t=3 bottom post). So after reading that.. would a monitoring site be considered illegal (in the United States)?

(Again I wouldn't be recommending specific programs, but I would be offering free resource materials and an autosurf monitor w/ referral links.)

Thanks

Re: Is it illegal to..

Quote Originally Posted by MinionDH
    Is it illegal to run an HYIP and/or an Autosurf monitoring site in the United States?

I've been developing an Autosurf Monitoring site much like hyipinvestment.com (only much bigger) with articles, tips, faqs, strategy, etc. There will absolutely no advertising on the site but the monitor will contain referral links to the various programs. Other than these referral links I am not affiliated with these programs in any way.

The reason for my concern is because I recently visited expinvest-international.com which is a program that turned out to be a scam. Anyways the site has been taken over by a new admin, there is a forum, and there is a big investigation going on. One of the posts states "recommending illegal investment scheme or promoting or acting as staff for business which does illegal and fraudulent investment scheme is ILLEGAL in Europe and in the United Kingdom" (http://www.expinvest-international.c...wtopic.php?t=3 bottom post). So after reading that.. would a monitoring site be considered illegal (in the United States)?

(Again I wouldn't be recommending specific programs, but I would be offering free resource materials and an autosurf monitor w/ referral links.)

Thanks
    No it is not illegal.

anyone else know?

I can't say that I know for certain, but as far as I am aware, so long as you present only factual information about the programs with no recommendations, and put in some sort of disclaimer (ie. Past or current performance is no guarantee of future performance, xxyyzzmonitoring.com does not recommend any of the listed programs, we only provide information as up to date as possible to allow our readers to make their own decisions, something like that), then it is not illegal. The problem comes in when you recommend a program that is illegal. Even something as simple as, "I am in this program and have been paid xxx times," could land you in trouble. SOrry I can't provide anything more certain.

Colin Neilson