+ Reply to Thread

Just got this e-mailed to me

e-mail address came from

ATTENTION: SIR,

I WISH TO BEGIN BY WAY OF INTRODUCTION. I AM JOHNSON ASHMORE, THE FIRST SON OF LATE JOSEPH ASHMORE, ONE OF THE FOREMOST BLACK FARMERS IN ZIMBABWE RECENTLY MURDERED IN THE LAND DISPUTE IN MY COUNTRY.

BEFORE THE DEATH OF MY FATHER, HE HAD TAKEN ME TO ASIA/MALAYSIA, TO EPOSIT THE SUM OF US$40.5 MILLION (FOURTY MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) IN ONE OF THE PRIVATE SECURITY COMPANIES, AS FAMILY VALUABLES, WHEN HE REALISED THE LOOMING DANGER IN ZIMBABWE.THIS AMOUNT WAS MEANT FOR THE PURCHASE OF NEW MACHINERIES AND CHEMICALS FOR THE FARMS AND ALSO FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF NEW FARMS IN SWAZILAND.

THIS LAND DISPUTE STARTED WHEN PRESIDENT ROBERT MUGABE INTRODUCED A NEW LAND REFORM WHICH WAS PARTICULARLY TARGETED AT THE RICH WHITE FARMERS AND A FEW BLACK FARMERS WITH MY FATHER INCLUDED.

THIS RESULTED IN THE GRUESOME KILLING OF RICH FARMERS (MAINLY WHITES) AND THE UNLAWFULL POSSESSION OF THEIR PROPERTIES BY MUGABE'S WAR VETERANS, UNDER THE DISGUISE OF FIGHTING FOR THE INTEREST OF THE COUNTRY.

IT IS AGAINST THIS BACKGROUND THAT I FLED OUT OF THE COUNTRY WITH MY FAMILY, TO HONG KONG WHERE WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING POLITICAL ASSYLUM (REFUGEE).I HAVE DECIDED TO SEEK FOREIGN ASSISTANCE, AS THE HONGKONG'S GOVERNMENT LAW PROHIBITS ASSYLUM SEEKERS FROM OPERATING BANK ACCOUNTS OR INVOLVE IN FINANCIAL TRANSACTION OF ANY KIND. HENCE THIS LETTER TO YOU.

ALL I NEED IS A TRUST WORTHY PERSON IN WHOSE CUSTODY I SHALL ENTRUST THE ABOVE SAID AMOUNT AND HELP ME WITH INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES.THERE ARE TWO OPTIONS,FIRSTLY, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HAVE A PERCENTAGE OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE OR GO INTO PARTNERSHIP FOR THE PROPER INVESTMENT OF THE MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY.

I AM WAIT YOUR REPLY, WHILE I IMPLORE YOU TO MAINTAIN THE ABSOLUTE SECRECY REQUIRED ENSURING A SAFE AND HITCHING FREE TRANSACTION.

I SHALL FURNISH YOU WITH MORE DETAILS ON REQUEST.

YOURS TRULY,

JOHNSON ASHMORE.

Re: Just got this e-mailed to me

I have gotten this email a hundred times. It is a scam. Don't even respond, just delete it.

it's just (yawn) another nigerian scam. do reply! with the wrong info that is! i love to mess with these morons. at least it keeps them busy & they won't have the time to scam someone else!

I responded by saying I would post it "all over the internet, what a scam this is!" These people really do have to stop. Believe it or not some people do send them info. and that's why we are here! To make sure people know what these scam are and what they look like!

Quote Originally Posted by saturnsc2
    it's just (yawn) another nigerian scam. do reply! with the wrong info that is! i love to mess with these morons. at least it keeps them busy & they won't have the time to scam someone else!
    Love that,,,I go one step further on all of these.
    Has something to do with an overload of their mail server,

If you are on high speed, just have about a 2 meg file made up of the word..."Scam" saved on your hard drive. It takes about 5 minutes to do using copy and paste in Ms Word.
    Reply to their e-mail attatching the file.

For the more advanced users.....
    Last macro in Ms Excell I sent slipped thru in 2002 and screwed them up for a year.

Gotta love that high speed cable :D

peggysue Guest

i would be a little cautious about that email. I have heard of people receiving emails similar to the one that you had just received, and ended up being taken advantage of.