+ Reply to Thread

I have a question...

Has anyone recieved a letter from York Management And Payment Inc regarding a winning notification? I am very sketchy on this and have been doing a backround search on everything. They claim that I am a winner of 120ths from a total of 3 million divided between 25 winners.They have sent me a check of 3.8 ths to cover the fees regarding this winning hat I am suppose to send back to them to get the rest. I have called the bank that the check was sent from and asked them if the check was legit and if the account in question ( Neil W Brown) had suffient funds to cover my check. SO far all is legit. I haven't been able to get through to the person I am suppose to contact though. ( I've come realize that I can't call on a cell phone, and need to use a land line to do so) I am planning on trying to contact this person today or tomorrow (Faith Thomas???) I have heard of scams like this before, but so far no one has recieved a letter from this company. SO my question is has anyone else recieved a letter from this York Management and Payment Inc? All responses are GREATLY appericated! ;)

Re: I have a question...

Well, I searched Neil Brown on www.ripoffreport.com and didn't find anything, so if he IS a real person, that's a good sign. . . . But you're doing the right thing, keep the skepticism alive when it comes to that kind of stuff. Don't go for it unless you're completely sure. Or use the safest means possible to get the funds.. maybe open a new bank account with no money in it? I've done that before. I call it my "ghost" bank account, and if any money ever gets there, I take it out in cash and put it in my real, safe accounts.

I have compiled a list of work at home jobs/strategies, if anybody is interested. It includes the ones I'm involved with and how much you can make if you put in the initial (albeit hard) work - - and also some to avoid. Anybody can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

I have opened a new bank account and have only deposited the money from the check into it. I plan on closing this account as sson as a recieve my winnings to ensure that no gets my information. Thanks you for looking up that name for me! Could you also look up Faith Thomas, seeing that this is the person I am suppose to contact please? Thank you :)

Nevermind the link you provided let me access the site and none of the names in question were found thanks again!

MomToAlex- How do you open a bank account "without" personal information? The cheque could be "returned", for any number of reasons, even weeks after you initially deposit it. That goes for any subsequent deposit as well. You should have sent the cheque "on collection" or simply "cashed" it at the bank it is drawn on (if that is possible). While there may be money in the account when you called - that doesn't mean it will be there when the cheque actually reaches that bank - or that a "stop payment" hasn't been put on it.
    Even "if" you withdraw the money and close the account, your bank has recourse to recover the money from you personally if the cheques or deposits are fraudulent.
    Be very, very, careful - your bank manager should be able to help you with this - it is, after all, their job to assist their account holders. It's the safer way to proceed - and Good Luck!

After receiving the same 3.8K check I tried to look up the "Pawling Savings Bank" and there was no web site. I went to FDIC and found Pawling had been acquired by Manufactures bank and trust (www.mandtbank.com) in July of 1998. When I spoke to the bank I was assured this is A SCAM!!!!!! I am now contacting the AG office in NY.

This may the most ridiculously obvious statement I have ever made but- here goes - If you can't find any record of someone (or some business) --that is not an indication that "nothing bad has happened"!!!! Any legitimate person or business will have more than ample public information. Even then, you should be aware of the risk of whatever you venture into - a legitimate venture will list both the pro's and the con's - the law requires them to.