+ Reply to Thread

Just wondering........ ?

Hi everyone,
    After i came to this forum and read some of the topic post, i am wondering of one thing. I can see there's quite a number of the topic that talk about religions and typecasting people by their religion. Topics like jewish people are this and this, Islam people this this, etc). I dont mind those topic but there's just something im wondering about.

The thing is that do you really see a person character by their religion? You judge a person by their religion? People that practise this religion are all the same character or will do the same things?

The reason why i am asking this is because i dont agree in judging people by their religion. Reason so is because i was in the army and i have people from different religions and i find out that people who practise so and so religion is not definitely an angel or a devil. My closest buddy is a black metal(donno what he worship) and some people shun away coz of that but i find him okay. He's good, honest and really reponsible and kind.

Thus my point is why see religion, why not see the person as the person. People as people. Religion Not = people character/behaviour. Religion Not= angel or devil.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

Re: Just wondering........ ?

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    Hi everyone,
    After i came to this forum and read some of the topic post, i am wondering of one thing. I can see there's quite a number of the topic that talk about religions and typecasting people by their religion. Topics like jewish people are this and this, Islam people this this, etc). I dont mind those topic but there's just something im wondering about.

The thing is that do you really see a person character by their religion? You judge a person by their religion? People that practise this religion are all the same character or will do the same things?

The reason why i am asking this is because i dont agree in judging people by their religion. Reason so is because i was in the army and i have people from different religions and i find out that people who practise so and so religion is not definitely an angel or a devil. My closest buddy is a black metal(donno what he worship) and some people shun away coz of that but i find him okay. He's good, honest and really reponsible and kind.

Thus my point is why see religion, why not see the person as the person. People as people. Religion Not = people character/behaviour. Religion Not= angel or devil.

read my post #544 under the thread: "Prepare for even more Islamic
    atrocities" in this forum.
    In regard to the Muslims; it would be helpful if more Muslims would come out,
    identify that they are so and would condemn a lot of the atrocities being
    committed under the guise of Islam.

I do not recall seeing in the newspapers or seeing on the television NOT ONE
    Islamic Preacher condeming the 9/11 terrorists attacks. THe same is true of
    all the murder bombing that have occurred in Iraq, Great Britian and Israel.
    How do you REALLY justify, explain, rationalize such acts against innocent
    men, women and children? There should have been a massive out cry from
    Muslims regarding all the atrocities committed in the name of Islam. But
    there has been a vast amount of silence in this regard.

Silence under certain circumstances is the WORST lie that anyone can
    state and is also unspoken approval of what is being done!
    Last edited by coontie; 01-29-2006 at 04:31 PM. Reason: wording

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    read my post #544 under the thread: "Prepare for even more Islamic
    atrocities" in this forum.
    In regard to the Muslims; it would be helpful if more Muslims would come out,
    identify that they are so and would condemn a lot of the atrocities being
    committed under the guise of Islam.

I do not recall seeing in the newspapers or seeing on the television NOT ONE
    Islamic Preacher condeming the 9/11 terrorists attacks. THe same is true of
    all the murder bombing that have occurred in Iraq, Great Britian and Israel.
    How do you REALLY justify, explain, rationalize such acts against innocent
    men, women and children? There should have been a massive out cry from
    Muslims regarding all the atrocities committed in the name of Islam. But
    there has been a vast amount of silence in this regard.

Silence under certain circumstances is the WORST lie that anyone can
    state and is also unspoken approval of what is being done!

This is rather absurd duplicity. In fact, the Islamists have been at war with The West for at least 30 years in response to Zionist aggression in the Middle East and our government's unconditional and one-sided, iniquitous favoritism of Israel as it conducts its illegal land grab in Palestine. The puppeteers orchestrating our foreign policy simply didn't think the "little people" needed to be aware of it.

The United States has routinely practiced terror in its military conflicts. This was standard operating procedure in Viet Nam and World War II. These tactics were officially acknowledged by US war planners as legitimate methods designed to break the will of the enemy populations.

The US and British Air Force killed over 100,000 civilians within a 48 hour period during the bombing of Dresden, Germany. This was a target, admitted by US military tacticians, as having little or no military significance per se.

And of course , the nuclear attacks on Japan are a textbook example of using terrorism to achieve a specific set of strategic military and political goals.

Naturally, a great segment of our dumbed down population still interprets the genocidal atrocities committed around The World under the false banner of "democracy" in much the same way as a four year old might view the portrayals in an old John Wayne film.
    Last edited by dante; 01-29-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    Hi everyone,

Hi "Remember",
    You make an excellent point... things just might be better if people did not define others by their religious beliefs.

cheers,
    Paul