+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God

God

Taken from The BEAST 50 Most Loathsome People in America 2005 at No.

13. God

Charges: If your answer to the age-old question of Godís existence is "yes," your next question should be, "Why is he such a dick?" After three major natural disasters, not to mention the eternal constants of famine, war and disease, to believe in God is to believe either that He enjoys ****ing with us, or at best has totally lost interest in the whole "people" thing. Never calls anymore.

Exhibit A: Mosquitoes, Ralph Reed.

Sentence: Forever listening to an unending stream of idiotic, mundane prayers uttered by the dumbest, most inarticulate people in His creation.

And at No.

4. You

Charges: Silently enabling and contributing to the irreversible destruction of your planet. Absolving yourself of your responsibility to do anything about it that your immediate neighbors donít. Assuming that itís normal behavior to spend several hours each day totally inert and staring into a cathode ray tube. Substituting antidepressants for physical motion. Caring more about the personal relationships of people you will never meet than your own. Shrugging your shoulders at the knowledge that your government is populated by criminal liars intent on fooling you into impoverished, helpless submission. Cheering this process on.

Exhibit A: You donít even know who your congressman is.

Sentence: Deathbed realization that your entire life was an unending series of stupid mistakes and wasted opportunities, a priceless gift of potential extravagantly squandered, for which you deserve nothing but scorn or, at best, indifference, and a cold, meaningless demise.

Your comments if you must.

Re: God

Quote Originally Posted by pancho

13. God

Charges: If your answer to the age-old question of Godís existence is "yes," your next question should be, "Why is he such a dick?" After three major natural disasters, not to mention the eternal constants of famine, war and disease, to believe in God is to believe either that He enjoys ****ing with us, or at best has totally lost interest in the whole "people" thing. Never calls anymore.
    What makes you think God causes any of those things??? You said it yourself "natural disasters". They're naturally occurring events. They're 'disasters' only because we happen to be in the same location at the same time they occur. God doesn't cause wars... people do. Famine? List under natural disaster... all things die... even crops. Disease? Hey... microbes gotta live too.

Sentence: Forever listening to an unending stream of idiotic, mundane prayers uttered by the dumbest, most inarticulate people in His creation.
    Mosquitoes??? WTF??? insects. Ralph Reed??? Who is he and why should I care?
    And at No.

4. You

Charges: Silently enabling and contributing to the irreversible destruction of your planet. Absolving yourself of your responsibility to do anything about it that your immediate neighbors donít. Assuming that itís normal behavior to spend several hours each day totally inert and staring into a cathode ray tube. Substituting antidepressants for physical motion. Caring more about the personal relationships of people you will never meet than your own. Shrugging your shoulders at the knowledge that your government is populated by criminal liars intent on fooling you into impoverished, helpless submission. Cheering this process on.
    He says as he drives his fossil fueled vehicle from his fossil/nuclear fueled home... spending just as much, average, time here as most others... knowing nothing of anybody's personal lives or political opinions/views... just making sweeping generalizations that amount to nothing.
    You don't know who my congressman is either so we're even.
    Sentence: Deathbed realization that your entire life was an unending series of stupid mistakes and wasted opportunities, a priceless gift of potential extravagantly squandered, for which you deserve nothing but scorn or, at best, indifference, and a cold, meaningless demise.
    The fate of millions... to die in obscurity. Very few achieve greatness. I don't believe you'll be one of them either... look where you are... here with the rest of us. If I'm mistaken and you're gone, my question then is 'What took you so long?'

Have a nice life... or not...

P.

Pancho,
    Great post. And I donít think it should be considered to be cynical. The truth hurts and many hapless frighten little creatures, myself included [sometimes], are too quick to shoot the messenger when he delivers news we just donít want to hear.
    Consider:
    Humans are the weakest creatures on earth., perhaps in the whole natural history of earth. BUT we were given many great gifts by God. Intellect, Language, the ability to formulate complex survival strategies for ourselves, our families and for many future generations.
    These gifts were certainly more than adequate compensation. These skills made us the most powerful creatures on earth. The paradox is that we are still the weakest,ÖÖÖ. somehow we forgot that part.
    God must be awfully pissed off!! We squander this great wealth.
    In the million or so years[ a mere eye blink in natural history] that humans and our closest ancestors have called this earth our home we have trashed the place like a pack of drunken rock stars might trash a hotel room.
    There is no reason to believe that we are the crown of creation. The same forces in nature that wiped the early reptiles from the face of the planet are still very much alive.
    The next creature that evolves with our skills and abilities at some future time will probably see us a curious footnote, an abhorrent and bizarre tribe of loonies that went on to meet itís justly deserved brutal ďcold and meaningless demise.Ē

PSB

war_man is offline the gatekeeper of honesty and integrity in self

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    What makes you think God causes any of those things??? You said it yourself "natural disasters". They're naturally occurring events. They're 'disasters' only because we happen to be in the same location at the same time they occur. God doesn't cause wars... people do. Famine? List under natural disaster... all things die... even crops. Disease? Hey... microbes gotta live too.

Mosquitoes??? WTF??? insects. Ralph Reed??? Who is he and why should I care?

He says as he drives his fossil fueled vehicle from his fossil/nuclear fueled home... spending just as much, average, time here as most others... knowing nothing of anybody's personal lives or political opinions/views... just making sweeping generalizations that amount to nothing.

You don't know who my congressman is either so we're even.

The fate of millions... to die in obscurity. Very few achieve greatness. I don't believe you'll be one of them either... look where you are... here with the rest of us. If I'm mistaken and you're gone, my question then is 'What took you so long?'

Have a nice life... or not...

P.
    Great Post PaulM, Im normally not caught often without nothing to say, But since you said it all on your Post ill Refrain From casting the same view point twice it wont do any good anyway. The last time I tried to dig to china with a spoon it didnt work out to good either. Oh yea, this ones real corney, Gods number one in my most Loved rankings. Gees, I must not be normal.
    war_on_scam

Ah-hem, God is not a PERSON, and also He is everywhere, not just in the U.S.

Who or what is the BEAST anyway? Sinister; and calling Our Creator such an expletive is blasphemous.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

13. God

And at No.

4. You

Your comments if you must.

UTTER TRIPE!

Quote Originally Posted by boone
    Ah-hem, God is not a PERSON, and also He is everywhere, not just in the U.S.

Who or what is the BEAST anyway? Sinister; and calling Our Creator such an expletive is blasphemous.

Also, why do you call God "He"? Why should God have a Gender?

True, and he was not white.

Quote Originally Posted by Synik
    True, and he was not white.
    See... you said "He" again. No, God isn't white. For that matter isn't
    substance. Substance is matter; a human condition; a spirit in the
    flesh. After one passses from this life, the dross body is shed; no
    further need for this form. It is only for this Earth. No other place.

Also, there is no living human that is White. White is not a color, by
    the way. White occurs when all colors of the spectrum are preciscely
    blended and strike a surface of such a nature that light is reflected
    back. In this case, all frequencies.

Color is actually a human illusion: it is the result of a certain frequency
    striking a surface ans being reflected back. Example: Green; the surface
    struck absorbs all frequencies except the frequency causing the illusion of
    the color Green. This is reflected back. Same for all other "colors."

Black is the absence of color; or actually, a so-called black surface
    such as "black painted" just absorbs all of the vaious energy rays which
    make up the color spectrum.

So called colors are actually energy vibrations. Certain frequencies provide
    the illusion of color.

Also, if anyone is prounced as a "white" skinned person by another,
    that so called white-skinned person when holding their hand, arm, whatever
    against a white piece of paper or sheet will have a definite color as
    compared to the white.

The closest anyone comes to being actually white (no color) is when they
    are dead and all blood drained from the body.

There is also no human being that is actually black; they are various
    shades of brown. A lot of them when dead, blood totally drained from
    the body, appear gray in color.

But importantly, God is of no substance. God is a mysterious, unknowable,
    unfanthomable force.

Most of what is said regarding human knowledge of God is just fabrication
    and ignorance! Individuals that perpetuate and propagate this material
    are just really people seeking to control other people and make money,
    mostly from a business standpoint.

Many people are interested in others expressing beliefs the same as them
    to reenforce their beliefs.

K everyone, I'm going to post sections of a quote by an anti-Christian writer written in about 178 AD who supported greek mythology. This quote contains doctrines that were exercised by Christ's Church while they were persecuted and when they hadn't yet become the Catholic church. (Yes I do support 'true' Christianity like it was in Christ's day.) Therefore, this was written before the idea of the trinity was even created.

"The Christians say that God has hands, a mouth, and a voice; they are always proclaiming that 'God said this' or 'God spoke.' 'The heavens declare the work of his hands,' they say.........And they say that God made man in His own image........They say that God has form, namely the form of the Logos, who became flesh in Jesus Christ......They say that God moved above the waters He created.......Their absurd doctrines even contain references to God walking about in the garden He created for man; and they speak of Him being angry, jealous, moved to repentance, sorry, sleepy"

If you guys are searching for the true Gospel of Christ, you should be searching for a church that supports this, especially the doctrine that God has a body of flesh and bones. I personally have, and my church was persecuted in a similar manner that Christ's Church was in His day.

Also, in regards to God allowing disasters, if He were to prevent disasters from occuring, He would be removing our gift of free agency. In addition, if our agency was to be taken away, Christ couldn't judge us of wrongful acts. (Christ has said, 'In my Father's house there are many mansions.') Therefore, because God has allowed these things to happen, the terrorists who were responsible for hijacking the planes will likely be held responsible for their actions with the plane passengers standing as witnesses. A similar judgement may likely be applied for the suicide bombers and wicked world leaders, though it is not our responsibility to judge them, but rather, it is Christ's, who will determine if we are able to return to God the Father. At this point in time, the only way God can prevent a person from being killed in a disaster is to warn them through the power and words of the Holy Ghost, with the person obeying the words that are spoken to them.

Hope this is useful.
    Last edited by heatwaveo8; 01-29-2006 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heatwaveo8
    K everyone, I'm going to post sections of a quote by an anti-Christian writer written in about 178 AD who supported greek mythology. This quote contains doctrines that were exercised by Christ's Church while they were persecuted and when they hadn't yet become the Catholic church. (Yes I do support 'true' Christianity like it was in Christ's day.) Therefore, this was written before the idea of the trinity was even created.

"The Christians say that God has hands, a mouth, and a voice; they are always proclaiming that 'God said this' or 'God spoke.' 'The heavens declare the work of his hands,' they say.........And they say that God made man in His own image........They say that God has form, namely the form of the Logos, who became flesh in Jesus Christ......They say that God moved above the waters He created.......Their absurd doctrines even contain references to God walking about in the garden He created for man; and they speak of Him being angry, jealous, moved to repentance, sorry, sleepy"

If you guys are searching for the true Gospel of Christ, you should be searching for a church that supports this, especially the doctrine that God has a body of flesh and bones. I personally have, and my church was persecuted in a similar manner that Christ's Church was in His day.

Also, in regards to God allowing disasters, if He were to prevent disasters from occuring, He would be removing our gift of free agency. In addition, if our agency was to be taken away, Christ couldn't judge us of wrongful acts. (Christ has said, 'In my Father's house there are many mansions.') Therefore, because God has allowed these things to happen, the terrorists who were responsible for hijacking the planes will likely be held responsible for their actions with the plane passengers standing as witnesses. A similar judgement may likely be applied for the suicide bombers and wicked world leaders, though it is not our responsibility to judge them, but rather, it is Christ's, who will determine if we are able to return to God the Father. At this point in time, the only way God can prevent a person from being killed in a disaster is to warn them through the power and words of the Holy Ghost, with the person obeying the words that are spoken to them.

Hope this is useful.

ALL the same old predictable, tired bull****!

I don't want ANYTHING to do with your God! Sounds evil to me!

Again, like I have said, God has given us agency, the freedom to choose. We have chosen to believe in different type of gods. So be it, I don't mind that. You don't need to be so judgemental about the type of God I believe in....just understand that millions of other people like me believe in the same type of God, just as I'm sure millions believe in your type of God.

Nelcomg Guest

God is Real.

Man has always had the choice----free will-----. We are all therefore, free to think and assume any and everything we want. It is a choice to believe or not to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    Pancho,
    Great post. And I donít think it should be considered to be cynical. The truth hurts and many hapless frighten little creatures, myself included [sometimes], are too quick to shoot the messenger when he delivers news we just donít want to hear.
    Consider:
    Humans are the weakest creatures on earth., perhaps in the whole natural history of earth. BUT we were given many great gifts by God. Intellect, Language, the ability to formulate complex survival strategies for ourselves, our families and for many future generations.
    These gifts were certainly more than adequate compensation. These skills made us the most powerful creatures on earth. The paradox is that we are still the weakest,ÖÖÖ. somehow we forgot that part.
    God must be awfully pissed off!! We squander this great wealth.
    In the million or so years[ a mere eye blink in natural history] that humans and our closest ancestors have called this earth our home we have trashed the place like a pack of drunken rock stars might trash a hotel room.
    There is no reason to believe that we are the crown of creation. The same forces in nature that wiped the early reptiles from the face of the planet are still very much alive.
    The next creature that evolves with our skills and abilities at some future time will probably see us a curious footnote, an abhorrent and bizarre tribe of loonies that went on to meet itís justly deserved brutal ďcold and meaningless demise.Ē

PSB
    What do you mean by "weakest creatures on Earth"? Do you mean physically, mentally, what? We aren't physically the weakest.
    I also don't think we can be held responsible for the damage done to this planet, our ability to manipulate our surroundings at advanced levels and create things is an ability we didn't choose to have and it's one that we perhaps weren't ready for when we developed it (and some would argue we are still not ready for it)

We are the first and only creatures on the planet to be able to do the things we do, we can't look back on other's mistakes. No one on Earth had split the atom before Rutherford, we do things for the first time on our planet.
    Sure we have screwed up countless things on Earth and all could've been avoided, but whether or not it would be reasonable to expect us to avoid doing such things (before culture and learning and society was where it is today) is another story which is of course up to people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    What do you mean by "weakest creatures on Earth"? Do you mean physically, mentally, what? We aren't physically the weakest.
    I also don't think we can be held responsible for the damage done to this planet, our ability to manipulate our surroundings at advanced levels and create things is an ability we didn't choose to have and it's one that we perhaps weren't ready for when we developed it (and some would argue we are still not ready for it)

We are the first and only creatures on the planet to be able to do the things we do, we can't look back on other's mistakes. No one on Earth had split the atom before Rutherford, we do things for the first time on our planet.
    Sure we have screwed up countless things on Earth and all could've been avoided, but whether or not it would be reasonable to expect us to avoid doing such things (before culture and learning and society was where it is today) is another story which is of course up to people's opinions.
    just another episode of someone attempting to justify humans coping out
    on responsibility for their actions. Doesn't take much of anything worthwhile to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    just another episode of someone attempting to justify humans coping out
    on responsibility for their actions. Doesn't take much of anything worthwhile to do this!
    Not at all coontie. We are at the stage now, perhaps, that we are able to see the future consequences of our actions, but society hasn't always been like this. General wisdom/knowledge at the levels we know of now were unheard of a hundred years ago, let alone a thousand years ago.
    I'm not interested in copping out, I just think it's a valid point.
    Humans are the self-proclaimed owners of the world, better than everything else, we are responsible now for protecting other animals from becoming extinct, stopping global warming, maintaining economies, settling differences between conflicting countries and cultures, the list goes on. We have given ourselves responsibility to take care of everything on Earth, we think it's our duty, but in fact we are just animals ourselves.