+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: God

Re: God

Quote Originally Posted by Oengeman
    Pancho,
    Do you actually agree with this? Who are you to say that people who pray are inarticulate. Perhaps you should realize that God is not interested in how you pray. Just a simple, thank you God is sufficient. God will do things on his own time. I have often been discouraged and have had a floundering existence. I've wondered where God was , as i've been in dire straits. There is such a thing as a healing process that people have to go through. You are going to sit there and write that people who have held on and are strong deserve a pond scum existence? It seems to be not only inarticulate but just plain blasphemous to speak like that. No one is perfect , perfection won't ever be achieved, but becoming closer to it is feasible.

Olivia :cool:
    speakin a "dire straits"!i really was moved by their song titled......"brothers in arms"!sounds like a prayer to me!hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Why would I have banned you for this post? I don't see anything wrong with it. But okay that's fine, I'll do as you suggested and ban you for a couple of days, just 'cause I like feeling the power.
    Ohhh yeah, the power! I feel it coursing through my veins! Daddy needs a hit, baby!

when you say daddy,i need a clarifiction.daddy as in father to be!?or as in god father(the!?),or as in I'm your chosen daddy!?(who's your daddy!?)and as a side note.....who's/what's the baby!?hehe!!girls just wanna have fun!hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    And it's something I think we should all try to accomplish whether we're religious or not. Good post Oengeman.
    so the question is.........how? or more importantly....WHY? does one try!?and what is trying!?do or do not do says yoda!?and what does this mean!?possibly it means you dont let what others are doing determine what you are doing!?or you dont judge others according to what you are trying to achieve but take them into the fold if they care to follow!?and if not......then what!?that is the question unanswered but so sought after is it not!?or not!?for if the god of christianity said it his will that all come to a knowledge of him then.........WHERE IS THE SUPPORT for this expression!?IT CANT EXIST!?not as long as satan is loose!!go to the cross or go to the castle!!lazerus and the king!hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 02-11-2006 at 08:11 AM.

If we look at the world around us we notice certain things: we live in a universe of matter and space. What has mass is matter; what has no mass is space. We also notice that we exist inside the dimension of time; we are essentially trapped in it.

What do we know about matter? Well one of the most important things that we know about it is that matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

Scientise believe (and have for some time now) that the universe had a starting point ie. "the big bang".

Time (which is the succession of everything in the order of past-present-future) also began once as well. Time is finite. It had a beginning. You have to understand that Infinity is only a theoretical concept. There is no such thing as infinity in the natural world. You can't have an infinite amount of anything including time. Mathematicians do not do transfinite arithmetic because it always leads to absurdly inconsistant results.

Let me use an example from a book I read which explains how infinity is not an actual tangible thing:

Let's say I had an infinite pile of numbered rocks, and you wanted to have an infinite pile of rocks too, so you asked me for some. (a) One way I could do it way would be to give you the whole pile, that would give you infinity and would leave me with zero. (b) Another way would be to give you all the rocks numbered 6 and higher. That would leave you with infinity and me with 5. (c) Or I could give you all of the even numbered rocks and I could keep all the odd numbered rocks. Then we would both have infinity.

The Contradiction is here:
    in the First example infinity minus infinity = 0
    In the second exapmle infinity minus infinity = 5
    In the Third example infinity minus infinity = infinity

The results are not consistent, therefore the theory of infinity cannot be applied to real things.

Well, if we agree that the universe and time both had a starting point; and that matter cannot be created (or destroyed) by any natural process, and we leave it at that, we have gotten ourselves into quite a paradox. Because something can't originate from absolutely nothing; not even quantum physics theorizes that. Whatever begins to exist has to have a cause.

That cause is God.

God existed before time, before space, before everything. Do not think of it as God existing for an infinite number of years. That would lead you once again to the inconsistency of the theory of infinity. God existed in the realm of eternity. Eternity is the dimension of timelessness. Time does not exist. No seconds, no minutes, hours, years, centuries. God invented all of these things. He is transcendent of them. He is trancendent of space as well.

Think if you were to build a house. You could enter the house and then be bound by its walls, and roof. You would also be capable of leaving your house and being free of its boundaries. Your house does not exist ouside of itself; conversely, it exists only in and of itself. This is what God is capable of doing with his creation of time and space. Ouside of time and space, none of their structural attributes apply.

Do not think of God as a "man in the Sky", or as a physical entity either. That would mean He is made of matter and would have to have had a starting point just like all other matter. He is not matter (although he did come to us in the body of a man 2000 years ago, his trancendent capabilities made this possible). God is an eternal being. God had no beginning and will have no end, for these concepts do not exist in eternity. You cannot touch God, You can't see God, you can't comprehend God.

We belong to God, whether you like it or not. We are all a part of His beautiful creation, and he loves every single bit of it, including us.

Wow!...just another post chocked-full of facts, data and verifiable proof! D

Go print you post and hand it over to your pastor with your weekly donation...he will be so proud.

Do some real research from Real Scientist Doing Real Science. Using circular arguments, parroting Creation non-fact from Hovind and Ham will only make you look like a fool.

All you non believers, have fun in HELL! :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by timber2003
    Funny thing is only those who have been sucked into believing, think there is a hell as opposed to where they believe they will go. It's the promised reward for believing. Well if you want people to blindly believe, a reward for such idiotic behaviour is always a good idea.
    Problem is you have to die to go to either of these places and getting any info on your future destination is....well difficult. The reports are all unverifiable single anecdotal accounts, and there are not very many around. And the main one that a lot of people like to quote as fact, is well, ..... ancient and probably out of date to say the least.

So I say to you Timber, think of something a little more coherent to say please. Or you may go to your hell for being an A***hole.

god is my dog, he doesn't even comprehend what it means to not love me,maybe god is us at our very lowest and highest points in our absolute humility/humanity...
    or maybe we feel him/her one and the same when we are having sex....

oh godohgodohgodohgod....

Quote Originally Posted by timber2003
    As demonstrating the depth of your mentality, you assume everyone who acknowledges evolution and science to be a non-believer.

Does that make it easier for you to deal with in your little black and white world?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    you talkin to me!!..you talkin to me!?hehe!!they say heaven is where evryone eats with a 4 foot spoon!!hehe!!ya gotta start somewhere i guess!?jst askin!?ok....sorry fer bein a smart arse!!hehe!!
    Ohhhh... so you saw "Taxi" too, eh? You taliking to me, yeah, You, You
    talking to ME!? :D

Real skillful Gun-work. And he survived and became an acknowledged
    Hero. But then. What happens to Hereos? Usually they become those
    they eradicated.

Weird how things work, huh?

Anyhow, hey man, Jesus said: "Ye are Gods", so... that makes you a
    God.

We create and destroy. We, with Nuclear weapons hold the balance of
    life and existence on this planet. Yeah, we canot destroy the entire
    Universe. But for Us, for our dimensional time, this Earth is ALL there
    is.

But consider to our importance, in the "eye of GOd": the "Fall" of the
    so-called heavenly host and the resulting war (which may be responsible
    for all of our wars here now) was the consequence of one faction
    hating, despising us. Another faction opposed these.

With the creation of the human, the "Heavenly Host" was charged with
    our protection, not annihilation. So the story goes, beautiful and
    powerful Lucifier was cast into Hell for his part. Gabriel, Michael, Ariel,
    Samael and others; supposedly twelve Arch Angels took his place.

So now, as we go on, "they" are amongst us; both factions, watching and
    monitoring, governing our every act.

Some things are allowed, others not, but not without a "price".

So wouldn't you say that we do matter?

Whatever! Ever the twain shall meet. And we go on.

Anyway, future good ranting to ya!