+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: CANADA FAR MORE VIOLENT THAN The U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    C'mon, now...really. There has not been a law and order candidate in the democratic party since...since....Well, a long time. It just ain't their thing. Every time some scumbag gets his sentence commuted, every time some maggot is released into society, every time a new law to combat crime is opposed, etc., etc.....you know who is on the side of the scumbags. Don't pretend it is otherwise.
    In other words, you don't have a worthy answer to a simple question to back your own claims.

Typical...you and that Gottlieb guy have a lot in common...

" adept at pinpointing the recipients' deepest anxieties and eliciting floods of righteous indignation."
    You should take lessons though. HE gets paid to get people hysterical, you missed the boat somehow. :rolleyes:

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    In other words, you don't have a worthy answer to a simple question to back your own claims.

Typical...you and that Gottlieb guy have a lot in common...

You should take lessons though. HE gets paid to get people hysterical, you missed the boat somehow. :rolleyes:

Lady Mod

WHAT? You are joking, aren't you? You want EVIDENCE that liberals are weak on crime? Where do you live?
    Do the names 'Megan' or 'Jessica' mean anything to you? DO YOU KNOW WHO IS FIGHTING AGAINST THESE LAWS?? Do you think it is Conservatives????

WHAT? You are joking, aren't you? You want EVIDENCE that liberals are weak on crime? Where do you live?
    Do the names 'Megan' or 'Jessica' mean anything to you? DO YOU KNOW WHO IS FIGHTING AGAINST THESE LAWS?? Do you think it is Conservatives????
    Liberal is a big word, I realize that, it includes a lot of good people, so I asked you to be specific. Now do you have names/quotes and facts to answer my questions or are you going to continue to evade them?

There will always be people who oppose laws, if there weren't you would blindly think your laws had no loopholes, but that doesn't make Liberals weak on crime. So show me where some Liberal has said that we should be weak on crime. You seem to think you KNOW IT ALL, when it comes to the issues of crime and punishment and who supports and who is against it.

Walk you talk or stop talking.

Lady Mod

We are not talking about the kkk or some splinter group here...the aclu is the most powerful liberal group and they fight these proposals tooth and nail. To pretend that you don't know this is kind of weak. I don't personally know anyone who does not know this. For specific names of these maggots, visit the website.

We are not talking about the kkk or some splinter group here...the aclu is the most powerful liberal group and they fight these proposals tooth and nail. To pretend that you don't know this is kind of weak. I don't personally know anyone who does not know this. For specific names of these maggots, visit the website.
    I am well aware of the aclu. We also weren't talking about the aclu. We were talking about gun laws in the United States vs Canada and how Gottlieb, and apparently yourself, believe that it's because of liberals. However, I've already posted rebuttal to that argument which you have only attempted to refute by more generalities on liberals, sex crimes and now the ACLU. NONE of which really has to do with the topic of your thread.

"Moreover, this shift in crime rates between the two countries has occurred while dozens of U.S. states have adopted ‘right-to-carry’ and ‘shall-issue’ handgun laws. During the same period, Canada’s gun laws have gotten more restrictive, with the national gun registry being implemented,” he added.

"Since declaring war on guns under former Prime Minister Jean Chretien, Canada's Liberals have presided over the sharpest rise in violent crime in the nation’s history.”

Gottlieb wrote that "Frum put it best when he claimed, ‘Gun registration and gun bans ... do not work,’ adding later: ‘It is not guns from across the border that threaten Canadians. It is the weak and cynical policies of home-grown politicians, and especially the Chretien/Martin Liberals.’”
    But since you change the subject everytime you start a thread when you have nothing factual to back your statement, then tell me who is saying we should be weak on crime? IT's not the ACLU, they are just another splinter group. But what Liberals in charge of making laws are claiming that we should be weak on fighting crime?

Come on Pwrone, surely you must know the answer since you made the claim?

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-27-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
    an interesting note is that not one Conservative won a seat in the major cities of Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal. These are safe havens for the Liberal party. Now, guess where the Hell's Angels have chosen to set up their base shops? Yep. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and their lastest hotspot ... Winnipeg. The Liberal government in Canada is so soft on crime that their criminal policy is referred to as the "hug a thug" program. They do everything but roll out the red carpet for them. After all ... deep down the Hell's Angels are very nice boys. They just need some love.
    Your comments on the Hell's Angels conveniently ignores the fact that group has always been associated with ultra-right wing causes. Could it be that the conservatives are political party really guilty of the ‘hug a thug’ sentiment?
    In the states that is certainly true, the group has been linked to right wing Conservative causes for decades.

The Hell's Angels are getting better at PR. They hold fundraisers for kids with cancer and etc.. It gives them good press. They work very hard to LOOK good to the general public. Then the liberal type folks feel sorry for them when the get brought up on charges. They carry guns and they kill people. Don't expect all the Hell's Angels to line up to turn in their handguns when its time to register them. If you think they are good conservative people then you have bought into their PR. They are a criminal organization ... period.

We do not have a justice sytem ... we have a LEGAL system. We worry constantly about the rights of the offender at the expense of the victim. Way to many criminals are walking the streets today because the cop made some minor mistake during the investigation. I have a few friends that are cops. They regularly say that making arrests are a waste of time. They need to do paperwork, show up in court, be threatened by the criminal, then have the judge let them go. This happens all the time.
    Bob- over the hill but under the speed limit

I have heard that a lot of doctors, judges, lawyers and many prominent professionals ( I would bet even politicians) belong to the Hell's Angels. When I think of Hell's Angels, I think of the typical stereotype that we always think of; the guys wearing leather and riding Harleys. In order to be successful as an organization, that organization must have more to it than just bikers. I think the bikers are the gophers that do the things for the higher ups. If they get caught, the lawyers will get them off the hook.

By the way Bob, love that avater. It cracks me up.

The Hell's Angels are getting better at PR. They hold fundraisers for kids with cancer and etc.. It gives them good press. They work very hard to LOOK good to the general public. Then the liberal type folks feel sorry for them when the get brought up on charges. They carry guns and they kill people. Don't expect all the Hell's Angels to line up to turn in their handguns when its time to register them. If you think they are good conservative people then you have bought into their PR. They are a criminal organization ... period.

You’re missing the point AGAIN!
    The liberals are not the boogeyman here, your perception has been skewed by the BS Conservatives are shoveling at you.
    I did not say they are ‘good conservative people’ and no I’m not ‘buying their [H.A.’s] PR.”
    What I said is The Hell’s Angels and most organized crime groups as a rule favor conservative causes. This has a long and well documented history. You can start with San Francisco in the 60’s, where HA’s routinely beat the snot out of anti-war protestors.
    Your real enemy---- Corrupt Politicians!!! Liberal, Cons. Independent who cares. Anybody that takes their money for favors: Most often this has been CONSEVATIVE POLITICIANS.
    There is also a long history on this in the states. I have no idea if the liberals in Canada may also be guilty of taking bribes but it doesn’t matter.
    Consider this, Maurice "Mom" Boucher was collecting $500.00 per kilo for every kilo of coke sold on his turf. Some of that money is paid ‘up line’ to a defense fund for lawyers and protection. Up-line in this case would be one of the New York Crime Families who are also very active in Canada. The Gambino’s, for one, were busted in an investment scam operating out of Toronto and Montreal netting $500 MIL The NY Wise Guys have had a very cozy relationship with The Hell’s Angels and other Bike Gangs for almost 30 years.
    Only a comprehensive and bi-partisan effort made by citizens and honest politicians can have an effect on this unholy alliance.
    DON’T BLAME THE LIBERALS.
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 01-28-2006 at 10:20 PM.

We do not have a justice sytem ... we have a LEGAL system. We worry constantly about the rights of the offender at the expense of the victim. Way to many criminals are walking the streets today because the cop made some minor mistake during the investigation. I have a few friends that are cops. They regularly say that making arrests are a waste of time. They need to do paperwork, show up in court, be threatened by the criminal, then have the judge let them go. This happens all the time.
    Or Canada has a different kind of group of Hell's Angels: (The cities you mention seem to be cracking down on the Hell's Angels. I wouldn't call that "Hug a Thug")

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bikergangs/

OR Canada has a very corrupt Police force and the Media is part of it:

http://www.redwhiteclothing.ca/club/page101.html

http://www.redwhiteclothing.ca/club/page99.html

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew..._name=&no_ads=

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2006...401829-cp.html

I guess it would depend on which side of the story you care to believe or buy into. It does appear that Canada has another biker group called the Rock Machine that's considered nasty and rivals to the Hell's Angels, yet I can't find any articles where Canada is doing much about that gang. The Hell's Angels have been in Canada for quite sometime, over 20 years, that was interesting.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

I'm probably biased as I just read a book on their history in Canada. Written by a cop that followed the Hells Angels in Montreal. He said in the old days he would be tough with them and let them know how was boss. This way he had some control. Then this cop was disciplined and Montreal started a special class for cops with Hell's Angels members in the room. The idea was to get the cops to understand them and create tolerance and friendship. This cop was furious. He said they are out there dealing drugs and having gun wars and the administration of the day was more worried about whether they prefer corned beef or egg salad for lunch!

Now of late, politicians are trying to crack down, but, in his opinion, it is too late. Its like trying to stop a train ... it can be done but it will take time.
    Bob- over the hill but under the speed limit

Well, from my tiny corner of Canada it is my humble opinion that "biker gangs" are not the bigger players these days. "Asian gangs" and gangs of other nationalities are the problem of the day now. They are numerous and it would seem they are more a danger to each other, in their rivalry,than the average person. On the other hand the police - both local and RCMP do not enjoy a good rapour with the public in general. They are ticket writing tyrants wth authority. That seems to be their forte. Solving crimes and catching the bad guy - well - not so good. We hear the same whiney crap from every government funded institution - overworked, underpaid, blah,blah.blah ---