+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new mods

new mods

whos up for cleaning up this shit hole?
    The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: new mods

Isn't it obvious? Go to the "wheelhouse" of the ship - don't be suprisee to observe that obviously there is no one there! At least no one around that cares anymore.
    I'm thinking the owner must be in a stoned stupor. Or, just doesn't bother to come around to see what's going on anymore.
    Allows the spammers and trolls to use his website as a doormat to wipe their shitty feet on.
    Vasudeva

Seems a bit better now....doesn't it?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Seems a bit better now....doesn't it?
    yeah.... congrats... looks better. Who do we thank?
    Vasudeva

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    You're welcome.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Quote Originally Posted by coontie View Post
    Quite a few... the announcement says a "couple" of new mods but I've found four... yay! Help has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
    Quite a few... the announcement says a "couple" of new mods but I've found four... yay! Help has arrived!

Hurray for scam.com.... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Hurray for scam.com.... ;)
    Correction.. at least FIVE new mods... wow.. good going... and yes hurray! It was getting pretty crazy...

Correction.. at least FIVE new mods... wow.. good going... and yes hurray! It was getting pretty crazy...
    Don't get too excited until you see how long they last. There were once 4 other mods besides myself and until you I still did most of the cleaning up and moderating.

What Zachary needs and what he refuses to see is that he should have one or two other Admin who can back their moderating up with some teeth. Ability to ban IP's and trim entire threads without having to bitch at him for months and finally quit before he finally makes an appearance. Remember, I was the only one who could contact him personally and look what it took before he came to help?

But you guys keep hoping for the best.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask View Post
    Don't get too excited until you see how long they last. There were once 4 other mods besides myself and until you I still did most of the cleaning up and moderating.

What Zachary needs and what he refuses to see is that he should have one or two other Admin who can back their moderating up with some teeth. Ability to ban IP's and trim entire threads without having to bitch at him for months and finally quit before he finally makes an appearance. Remember, I was the only one who could contact him personally and look what it took before he came to help?

Lady Mod

Announcements in Forum : Political Chat

01-28-2009 until 02-28-2009

We are going from 2gigs of ram to 12 gigs of ram. We are hoping this will help the website's performance. We have also hired two new moderators to help cut down the spam.

Hired? As in paying them money for what you did for free for years and years without so much as the courtesy of responding to your PMs and pleas for help?

Here's a tip for Zachary:
    If you really care about your little gig here, take care of business and listen to what SJA has been telling you, all along, that needs to be done to keep the site running smoothly, because Money Talks but Mods still Walk when Admin constantly fails them.

And if you're not paying them?
    Mods Walk alot faster than SJA did.

Hot
    Click both daily for an easy & FREE way to help care for the needy:
    The Animal Rescue Site/charity
    http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...faces?siteId=3
    The Rainforest Site/charity
    http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Lady Mod

I see you still have moderator status. What gives?

It surprises me that even though you are a moderator yourself, you don't know who the other moderatotrs are or how many there are!!

Zachary
    SJA
    katiescorner
    Bibleman
    No_Moron_Here
    Mumbles
    geo®ge
    SubJunk
    scambuster

How am I doin'?
    Last edited by catch-22; 01-31-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    I see you still have moderator status. What gives?

Why would Zachary remove the status just because I don't want to moderate? He may be hoping that I'll be mollified by the extra help and come back.

Besides I've never done anything to piss him off enough to remove any status I was given. I probably should have been made an Admin long ago so I could have been better able to do my job and I was the only one he trusted. Still am as far as I know. But it's his site, his decision and I've made mine.

No problems between us personally, I just didn't like the lack of support or help he was providing.

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize me. He was going to dump this site for something more profitable years ago, I talked him out of it. He and I are friends whether I choose to moderate or not.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by catch-22 View Post
    It surprises me that even though yo are a moderator yourself, you don't know who the other moderatotrs are or how many there are!!

Zachary
    SJA
    katiescorner
    Bibleman
    No_Moron_Here
    Mumbles
    geo®ge
    SubJunk
    scambuster

How am I doin'?
    Why should she know? Maybe she hadn't checked. Unlike me who recommended and got the people I felt were fair, no one else really had any input to who was made a moderator and who wasn't. SubJunk and I were the two originals in the beginning.

Frankly there are a few on the list I would have raised an eyebrow to. And you missed a few names btw.

Lady Mod

Why would Zachary remove the status just because I don't want to moderate? He may be hoping that I'll be mollified by the extra help and come back.

Besides I've never done anything to piss him off enough to remove any status I was given. I probably should have been made an Admin long ago so I could have been better able to do my job and I was the only one he trusted. Still am as far as I know. But it's his site, his decision and I've made mine.

No problems between us personally, I just didn't like the lack of support or help he was providing.

I wouldn't be too quick to criticize me. He was going to dump this site for something more profitable years ago, I talked him out of it. He and I are friends whether I choose to moderate or not.

Lady Mod

I wasn't criticizing. All I did was ask a question!

Why should she know? Maybe she hadn't checked. Unlike me who recommended and got the people I felt were fair, no one else really had any input to who was made a moderator and who wasn't. SubJunk and I were the two originals in the beginning.

Frankly there are a few on the list I would have raised an eyebrow to. And you missed a few names btw.

Lady Mod

Maybe she's just kept out of the loop like you were?