+ Reply to Thread

Plexum.com NICPLEX scam, buyer beware!

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I bought their software to run an affiliate program and have had nothing but problems with them.

First, when I purchased thier software back in late 2004, I couldn't get it to run as advertised. After going back and forth with a man name Moses (very hard to speak to and understand) who appears to either be the head programmer or possibly be the owner of this scam operation and told him the software wouldn't operate as it was described on his fraudulent website.

I was told the usual story when a web service company cannot get their software to work correctly, it was "my hosts" problem and I would need to change hosting companies if I wanted this to work correctly. So, they have me switch over to one of their "approved" web site vendors. They of course are twice the monthly price of the going rate for basic web hosting, $39.95 a month and you only get 100megs of space.

At this point, at the least the software is starting to work (I spent over $1100.00 total for software that was suppose to work on any Windows Server).

So, for about a year I am building my affiliate program and have over 1,200 affiliates onboard until one day back in Dec 2005 our site disappears without warning. I send an email to see what is wrong. My email bounces back as undeliverable. So I look them up and get their # and call them. I get another broken english speaking guy who answers the phone "yeah". I ask if this mtihosting.com and he says "why"? Why! WTF! Is he kidding me? I say because I am a customer and want to know why my website has disappeared and when I can expect it to come back up. His response is, "our server crashed and we do not know whether we are going to bother to fix it or not" and then just hangs up.

I couldn't believe this! All my affiliates are now gone and since they reside on a SQL database are not on my local backup. So, I call again and try to see if they can at least get me the database table with my affiliates and I figure I will try and import them back in when I get the software set back up. Well, this time the phone just rings and rings and has done so for the past month. No answer and no way to even leave a message.

So, now I am back to the begining, I use my backup software to reinstall the software to a new server. I get the software set up BUT it automatically installs in trial mode. You need to contact the goons at Plexum NICPLEX to have them verify your license and activate the software on their end. This is where the nonsense really starts. I email their supposed customer service department and low and behold, I get no answer for two solid weeks, despite my sending 5 emails. I try to do a live chart from their web site, but regardless of the time of day it says they are closed and no agent is available. Who is closed at 10am, Noon, 2pm and 4pm during the middle of the week?

Finally I send a 6th email telling them I am going to write a complaint about their lack of customer service on the Ripoffreport and other scam sites and WOW, I get a response in 15 minutes, which tells me they were getting my emails and just ignoring them. Amazingly the email is from Moses (is he the programmer, the owner, the salesman or a customer service rep???) who so far is the only person that seems to work at this SCAM company. He sold me the package, recommended the fraudulent hosting company that closed up shop without notice and refuses to return my data and now he is answering the customer service emails.

He refers my situation to a John who says he is from NICPLEX, and that they are very sorry and have been in the middle of the move. He asks that I call him and that he will take care of verifing my license and getting my software out of trial mode. So, I call him 3 times over a 5 day period and each time only get his voice mail. I leave him a message on all 3 occasions asking him to PLEASE call me back on my office or cell phone or even email me. I leave him all my information including the license # and the web site URL that the license is for.

This is the first week of January, 2006 when I left him this information. It is now January 24, 2006 and he hasn't returned my calls, responded to my emails or done anything to get my software, which is paid for in full out of trial mode and working for me. My emails go unanswered and Moses the customer service rep, programmer, and most likely janitor does not respond to my emails or phone calls.

I am out $1100+ to this fraudelant company who once they get your money could care less about taking care of you or even giving you what you paid for.

I have looked into them on the Internet and have found that they have changed their name a couple of times and have gone by the name OxMx and Plexcart as well as Plexum. I urge everyone who comes across these thieves to avoid them at all cost, once they get your money you cannot forget about them helping you and if you believe them and put your site on one of their fraudelant over priced hosting companies, you will lose everything you have built up.

They are thieves, con men, scammers and will surely rip you off, as they have me. Avoid Plexum.com plexcart.com OxMx.com and mtihosting.com and if you ever have the displeasure of talking to Moses from any of these fraudelant companies, run like H**L, he will rip you off and not assist you once he has your money!

Re: Plexum.com NICPLEX scam, buyer beware!

Quote Originally Posted by natwho
    First, when I purchased thier software back in late 2004, I couldn't get it to run as advertised.
    We gladly provide a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason the software does not perform as described on our website you will refund your money no questions asked.

I was told the usual story when a web service company cannot get their software to work correctly, it was "my hosts" problem and I would need to change hosting companies if I wanted this to work correctly.
    As indicated thoroughly on our website and installation instructions. Plexum requires PHP 5.0 of higher. Most hosting companies did not support PHP 5.0 at this time. All customer are ask to find a hosting provider which support PHP 5.0

So, they have me switch over to one of their "approved" web site vendors. They of course are twice the monthly price of the going rate for basic web hosting, $39.95 a month and you only get 100megs of space.
    We do not endorsed or promote any specific hosting company. So, at best, we probably have provided a list of providers. Ultimately, it is the responsibly of the customer to choose the hosting provider.

At this point, at the least the software is starting to work (I spent over $1100.00 total for software that was suppose to work on any Windows Server).
    If all components required to run Plexum on a Windows server is installed and configure properly - It will run on a Windows server. Again, it is the responsibility of the customer and their hosting provider to ensure the web server is configured for Plexum. We do provide a list of requirements on our website.

So, for about a year I am building my affiliate program and have over 1,200 affiliates onboard until one day back in Dec 2005 our site disappears without warning. I send an email to see what is wrong. My email bounces back as undeliverable. So I look them up and get their # and call them.
    I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the hosting company of your choosing.

I am out $1100+ to this fraudelant company who once they get your money could care less about taking care of you or even giving you what you paid for.

I have looked into them on the Internet and have found that they have changed their name a couple of times and have gone by the name OxMx and Plexcart as well as Plexum. I urge everyone who comes across these thieves to avoid them at all cost, once they get your money you cannot forget about them helping you and if you believe them and put your site on one of their fraudelant over priced hosting companies, you will lose everything you have built up.

They are thieves, con men, scammers and will surely rip you off, as they have me. Avoid Plexum.com plexcart.com OxMx.com and mtihosting.com and if you ever have the displeasure of talking to Moses from any of these fraudelant companies, run like H**L, he will rip you off and not assist you once he has your money!
    Hmmm... You have used our software for over a year - yet, because your business has failed your scream... SCAM. FRAUD. Thatís very interesting!

However, you are right; we once operated under the name OxMx.com, but since decided to change our name only to make it more memorable to our clients and prospective customers. I'm sure everyone will agree Plexum is easier to remember then OxMx. Our office is located on the 4th floor in a prominent suburb of Chicago, IL. Our clients are welcome to visit our office or call us at anytime.

Proft with Plexum,

Anthony Johnson
    Software Training &
    Marketing
    http://www.Plexum.com

I'll have to agree with the original poster (natwho). NICPLEX may not be a total "scam", but they sure as hell are HORRIBLE at running a business.

If you are looking to purchase, you MIGHT get great communications up until you actually give them your money.

THEN its all downhill from there. They promise so many things that they NEVER pull through on. Their software has A LOT OF BUGS that they just don't seem to ever fix. Their support is a COMPLETE JOKE and the staff are all pompus jerks who always seem to just generally dislike you for contacting them.

The only reason they are still alive is because the "plexum" software just happens to be "the best you can find" out there. I've looked around, believe me - we can't stand this nicplex company - but it's hard to find a comparable software.

Though, from what I hear, a LARGE competitor is coming to NICPLEX. Someone is creating software to rival PLEXUM and you'll even be able to easily convert your plexum system to the new software!!!

I've always said, all we need is comparable software and atleast HALFWAY decent support, and NICPLEX will be TOAST!

Moses is the owner and SOLE programmer.
    Anthony seems to be the guy who takes all the BS - a buffer for moses.
    Then there's this idiot named Ade - I think he's just a stoner friend that moses hires out of pity. The guy is totally clueless.

NICPLEX lies all too often.

They were supposed to include a "contact manager" in Plexum X5 (their latest release to date) - it was the BIG update for it. Instead, they launch plexum X5 promising to everyone the "contact manager" coming soon - and it NEVER COMES! I heard this happened because they decided that "it was just too much to release that feature in x5"

It seems now they are planning to release that feature in x6 - their next version where they hope to rape all their poor, angry clients into purchasing.

I guarantee - you will not find ONE HAPPY CLIENT in the plexum client list. I've talked to many of them myself, you know how we all tend to be connected, nobody likes that company nor its employees. But we struggle through it anyway because you -can- get the software to work for you if you have LOADS of patience, a lot of technological intelligence, and a "never-give-up" attitude. Their documentation STINKS and midas well be totally worthless - so don't rely on their personal help nor their documentation. Just gotta be smart and do it yourself.

I would normally consider everything I've said to be very harsh and I would not say these things unless they were absolutely true. Its not my fault they are like this, I'm just reporting on what is.

I've had my share of companies with bad service and support. But this company TAKES THE WHOLE FRIGGIN BAKERY! Never in my life have I experienced such AWFUL service. :eek: (yes, even when you are on one of their expensive paid support plans it is JUST AS HORRIBLE)

If you -can- avoid this company, do so.

We're looking forward to the competitors release. Finally comparable software, easy to convert from plexum, and a company behind it with valuable, kind and happy support :rolleyes: Is that really too much to ask for?

Oh, and anthony, when you read this, try getting one of your "happy" clients to post for you. Go on, prove to us that you have at least 1 happy client. Make sure they post their website business and name, so we are sure you aren't just lying again ;)

gungho... please state your full name, name of competitor and it's software, and how much they are paying you.

Just kidding... :-)

Please if anyone past or present clients of Plexum have any issues regarding our software feel free to private message me on this forum. I will be more then happy to assist. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction.

We promise Plexum will do what is advertised on our website. Although, the MLM industry is complex and many of you try to mold a off the shelf product into your sophicated marketing plan - I will admit we can not satisfy every scenerio.

I will be the first to apologize for the extraction of the contact management system in Plexum X5. It's one thing I wish we did not promise, after transitioning from X4 (a perl based system) to X5 (PHP) it provided more difficult to convert the contact management system into X5 then expected. However, it's back with tons more features then it was in X4 - look for it in Plexum X6.

Everyone on our staff have extensive training on the Plexum system and is qualified to help you with any questions concerning the operation of Plexum. If they can not answer the question you will be referred to someone who can. In the past, when we added to our staff to help with the increase demand, like any other business, our staff members have to go through a steep learning curve; learning to understand the industry and to understand the complex components of Plexum. Please be nice to the Plexum staff :-).

For those who are interested here are a few features of the long awaited Plexum X6:

1. Complete Interface Redesign (Improved & User-Friendly)
    2. Financial & Plan Manager
    3. Forced Matrix Gea
    4. Sub-domain System
    5. Bonus Pool System
    6. Contact Management System
    7. Task Manager
    8. POP3 Web Mail Client System
    9. Private Messager (Admin & User)
    10. Content Management System (Time-Based Content)
    11. Skin System (Multiple Skins)
    12. Advanced Reporting System
    13. Daily Activity Reports
    14. Top Profermance Graphics and Reports (View top recruits, sales, also available to show members)
    15. Enhanced Incentive and Rewards System
    16. Advanced Data Exchange (Post and Receive Data fron Third party software)
    17. Marketing Toolbox (Provide member with pre-approved marketing ads, banners, signature, etc.)
    18. Enhanced Smart Campaign Auto-Response System
    19. Check-in and Check-Out System (protect data from being over-written)
    20. Favorite Links System (Available to both User and Admin, Links to internal or external URLs, Admin can pre-defined default links per User Plan)
    21. Buddylist System (User to User, view who's online)
    22. Alert System (system alerts admin of critical issues relating to the operation of the software.)
    23. Form Builder System
    24. User Broadcast System (Broadcast E-Mail announcements, updates, news to your Users. Schedule broadcast to send later or send it immediately)
    25. Allow members to cancel their account
    26. Multiple Mailserver Manager
    27. Advanced Website Replication System (manage a single website or multiple website with multiple corresponding domain names.)

Optional:

1. Smart Campaign Module - provide autoresponder campaigns to your users. Transfer hot propects from propect manager to contact manager for advance tracking.
    2. Lead Management and Auto Allocation System

Plexum x6 is due to release end of the 2006.
    Learn more about Plexum - http://www.plexum.com

Profit with Plexum,

Anthony Johnson
    Software Marketing &
    Training Director

P.S. If you are considering Plexum (smart decision) and would like to speak to some of our many satisfied Plexum clients I will be more then happy to forward references. Serious inquires Only!
    Last edited by alj; 11-21-2006 at 02:02 AM.

I'll have to admit, Anthony, you do an incredible job at keeping a positive tone!

You KNOW your support and service STINK! So just admit it, you'll get more kudos for at least being honest. You could say "yes, our support has been pretty bad over the last few years - but we are working hard towards correcting that issue."

At least then you might get someone to believe you.

This "new company" is not paying me a dime - notice I did not even mention who they are or a web address. So DUH no advertising here. I'm just saying I look forward to it because it'll look and act like plexum, but instead have a wonderful, friendly company supporting it.

If you keep thinking and acting like your support is GREAT, then you prove your own doom Anthony. You act like there is no room for improvement, and that is just downright scary. You know moses makes bad decisions. And you know you are kinda tired of always having to cover for him.

Yall need a total attitude adjustment. You need to admit your shortcomings if you are to ever rise above them. And you best do it fast, this new company will wipe you out faster than you can count to 3.

FIX YOUR BUGS!
    ANSWER SUPPORT TICKETS!

And FOR GODS SAKE! STOP asking people which ticket numbers haven't been answered!!!!!! If you can't see that you have 50 unread support tickets for the past 3 months, then you NEED TO UPDATE YOUR SUPPORT SYSTEM!

Man up Anthony, you know you have some MAJOR improvement to do. And if you don't see that, if you can't admit that, then yer about to find yerselves in the dump.

Long read I must say, but interesting though.

I would also add that I would ACTUALLY prefer NICPLEX to get their act together and provide that "100% customer satisfaction"

I would PREFER to see NICPLEX become what it's website advertises.

But you just aren't going to get there with the attitudes you have demonstrated countless times. You need help, but you have to realize you need help before you can ever receive it. This is a fast moving industry you market to, and yet yer about as slow as can be... just shy of being flat dead.

1. Stop lying. You guys have done it a lot. It's not good business. Admit when you are wrong instead of covering it up with a lie.
    2. Get some support staff that can READ! Too many times have I gotten totally ridiculous responses as if Ade never took the time to read what I wrote
    3. Provide TRUE support! 60 minute response times is good. I happen to know how many support tickets you guys receive in a day, and it is very few.. often not even 1. I'm sure you can handle that "load" better now, can't you?
    4. Give proper documentation! Your help files online are a mess. They only work in Internet Explorer, and can provide some guidance, but often times what is lacking is an EXPLANATION of the feature and HOW TO USE IT. As well, you even manage to straight up have errors in your documentation causing "bugs" for your clients. With proper documentation, you will have less support tickets - thus less angry people because your support sucks.
    5. Drop the attitudes. You guys seriously come across as total asses. Its like you hate your life and thus hate me. When all i wanted was a bug fixed or a ticket answered. Is this some sort of tactic you use to get less support tickets or something? No matter how stupid you think the question is, you should respond with care, concern and an expression of a true desire to HELP your clients understand.
    6. If your budget allows (which by my measure, it should) get more staff. 3 people: 1 programmer, 1 very slow-in-the-head guy, and 1 buffer-guy just doesn't seem to cut it. Moses appears to be too preoccupied with the (late) release of x6 to fix bugs in x5. What, do you think all x5 people are going to come running to give you more money so they can upgrade to x6 so that you don't have to update and fix x5? Yikes - enlist some help if you feel overwhelmed.

1. I don't want to harass you to get support.
    2. I don't want to feel like you hate me when you are giving support. Show some personality... show some love for god's sake!
    3. I want all bugs fixed immediately! Why are you putting so much effort into x6 when x5 isn't even bugfree yet?
    4. I want to feel comfortable referring business to you. I've had many inquiries as to which systems to use out there... I WISH I could tell them to go Plexum all the way - but I can't! You've got a long way to go before I could ever recommend you. I could give a crap about x6 - SERVICE / SUPPORT is what makes a business - not their product.
    5. I want to feel safe enough with your company to use your financial products like plexpay. As it stands I avoid you and your "additional services" at all costs. But how can I further invest my business with you when I know that you are going to crash and burn with that new company releasing their new plexum-like software. If you guys don't take immediate massive action towards fixing yer attitudes and service, then I just *know* yer not going to be around much longer. Soon as people have a reliable company to switch to, and the switch is 100% smooth, yikes, say goodbye!
    6. I wish I actually felt like you gave a damn.

By now, you may have figured out who I am. Obviously I've wanted to protect my identity because I still use your software and I'm still a client despite all your service/staff shortcomings.

... Just know that *I wish* that NICPLEX would rise above and dominate. You are so well positioned to truly knock the socks off this industry, but you obviously lack the leadership in your company in order to do such a thing. Perhaps you just don't care because you are still makin yer paychecks. I don't know. Hell, maybe you really do think you are good at customer support. :eek:

I want you guys to kick some ass...

But with every word and every action, you are killing yourselves.

And many people ask me about you before purchasing...
    ... I'm sorry, but I cannot recommend you yet.

I already know of a good number of clients you lost due to me being dissatisfied. People trust me and my opinion. I am a very honest person with upmost integrity. My honesty can sting.. it can hurt, but I'm just honest.

Fix yerselves up - admit your wrong doings, make an effort. If you manage to get my support, I guarantee you'll see more sales.

But up to this point - you've totally treated me like ****.

hmmm...

I still don't know who you are. Don't know if you are just a failed entrepreneur venting. Unfornately, in this industry you get a lot of people blaming everything under the sun for their failures except for the man in the mirror.

Software Bugs: 99% of, so called, reported bugs are mis-configuration of the software.

I'm not here to battle our opinions in this public forum. I want to assist those of you with legitimate complaints. My invitation will stands, if, in fact, you are a current license holder of Plexum x5, please send me a private message or submit a support ticket at plexum.com, address it to me personally. I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Anthony

We have not failed by any means. We are actually VERY successful even with using Plexum!

But that is ONLY because we have a VERY competent technical staff that can handle the bugs and limitations of Plexum.

You keep telling me to submit support tickets, but how about just dealing with all the ones you've never responded to? Why make me jump through hoops? You guys do that all the time - when I finally get pissed that you never responded, you finally wake up then say "please submit another ticket or give me the ticket numbers of your unanswered tickets"

Come on now Anthony - if your system or eyeballs can't see that there are unanswered, unclosed tickets, then you need to man-up and get some work done on it.

Just handle the tickets you have unanswered, unresolved - then you'll have helped me! But I'm not going to write in yet again! Nor give you ticket numbers again!

And, true, I would imagine most of the "bugs" are actually just misconfigurations - but you say that as if thats not your fault either!

YOUR DOCUMENTATION STINKS!
    YOUR SUPPORT STINKS!

And the software does not handle exceptions to rules very well either. GREAT SOFTWARE would not allow "misconfigurations" to cause "bugs"!

Seriously, you would get my respect if you just owned up to your short-comings and took action to remedy them.

Here's some food for thought for anyone who is considering Plexum.

Notice all their "testimonials" on their website? Research each one. I've yet to find one of them that (still) uses plexum. You can always tell if someone is using their software by finding the "login" link - which will have "plexum.php" in the URL and will have "plexum" plastered all over the page itself (they like to force self-advertising on their clients)

I still wish NICPLEX would get their **** together and do good business... but alas, it seems we all must wait for their competitor to release plexum-compatible software.

gungho, I still don't know who you are.

Yes, the testimonial page does need to be updated. However, if anyone need references of successful companies using the software please contact me. I can put you in contact with them.

Thanks!

I know this is an old post from 2006, and now it's 2014. I am considering using Plexum to design and launch my new mlm company. Is it still a horrible company or have they cleaned up their act?

R-U-N

it is 2016 and Plexum has not improved. All of the points in the first post of the thread are 100% VALID.