+ Reply to Thread

Real Estate Training/Investment

Has anyone ever heard of Nu-way Real Estate?
    They reach new participants through e-mail on the internet. Their slogan is "invest in real estate using ourr money". They charge $49.00 to send their introductory materials to interested investors. If you decide to go with them, they charge $5,000K upfront for their training. A ccording to Nu-way, their trained investors have access to $200K purchase money per real estate deal. If the investor gets/uses Nu-way's money for a deal, they pay the investor 1 to 3% of the purchase price up front as a fee for getting the deal and 20-35% when the real estate sells. They sell all of their deals through real estate agents and expect sales to take about 4 months.

Re: Real Estate Training/Investment

Quote Originally Posted by Annabrown
    They reach new participants through e-mail on the internet. Their slogan is "invest in real estate using ourr money". They charge $49.00 to send their introductory materials to interested investors. If you decide to go with them, they charge $5,000K upfront for their training. A ccording to Nu-way, their trained investors have access to $200K purchase money per real estate deal. If the investor gets/uses Nu-way's money for a deal, they pay the investor 1 to 3% of the purchase price up front as a fee for getting the deal and 20-35% when the real estate sells. They sell all of their deals through real estate agents and expect sales to take about 4 months.

http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=6632&highlight=nu-way
    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Annabrown
    It takes a lot more time than you think. If you have a full time job, you better have a lot of energy. I tried these guys and was lucky to get half my money back.

I posted to this site back in Oct / Nov. You should avoid these people.

THE Fact of the matter is: There are going to be those that make it in real estate and those that don't. Can I make a few suggestions? Compare this real estate program to others advertised today. Look at the pros and cons. I did Carlton Sheets and a few others. I've been fortunate enough not to get involved in any scams, but I do know a scam when I see one. The difference between Nu-Way and the others is Nu-Way allows you to use their money!! BELIEVE ME PEOPLE, there is a great advantage in using OPM (other peoples money)! The person participating has to take this approach (1) don't expect it to be easy. It's hard work and takes up alot of time. If anyone tells you otherwise B-WARE. You have to be dedicated to begin this program. If you are (2) the program works. I'm in it and I can talk from experience. I do have an advantage - I am a realtor. I got paid more as a result. BUT, you can still work with a realtor and get paid as well. My definition of a scam is someone taking your money and ripping you off. I understand this company has given money back to individuals who were unsuccessful in the program. That's not how scams work. SCAMMERS DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS!!! Most of all, you can't be "thin-skinned" and work in any aspect of real estate. Keep in mind some salespeople are more zealous than others. However, if this is what you want, and you understand your investment and the risk factors, then stand your ground and get what you want!! Don't allow yourself to take offense if someone is sharp or short or brisk! If you don't like them, get someone else to help you. I know most of the staff at Nu-Way on a first name basis. Yeah! I agree!!! There's some people on the team I would prefer NOT to speak with, but they come with the company and, like any business, you learn how to get around obstacles and reach your goal. I highly recommend Nu-Way to anyone who is determined and knows how to negotiate and communicate. I advise them to get involved with this unique opportunity. People like us (I mean people who don't have hundreds of thousands in the bank), need chances like this. If you're focused, you can walk away from this experience with money, and start your own real estate investment company. Why not!?
    Last edited by d1oates; 04-02-2006 at 03:14 AM.

P.S.: Don't get the wrong ideas from others. The Bottom line is you've got to work hard at this opportunity to be successful. I've used Nu-Way's money to purchase ($90k), and rehab ($30k) an investment property in my city. They're not in the business to give refunds, but they do work hard and for their customer. Don't allow a few people to discourage you from an opportunity to be involved in real estate investing, while using very little of your money and alot of someone else's!

The bottom line is that they sink you to the bottom. I knew I was a fool even listening to their sales manager. I joined this group after the sales manager cussed at me and said I could beat him to a pulp if I wasn't successful. All I had was a part-time job and a sales license. After the money was turned in, the phone stopped ringing!

Almost two years later, I am still unsuccessful with Nu-Way. I used credit to pay for the program and saw my life diminish even more paying it off. Out of the numbers of property worksheets submitted, I have had two deals that were accepted. However, they were too late in making a decision on one property and low-balled an offer on another property. Thanks Nu-Way!

They call themselves "trainers" and call their customers "students." What a load of crap. Everything they give you in writing is self-explanatory. What they are really doing is asking for commitment from their customers. Their customers in turn compile valuable information for a property database and a network of contractors and subcontractors.

If you already have destructive tendencies and want to continue lowering your self-esteem and inner confidence, then give your money to this national charitable organization. They will even put you to work, but you will have to pay yourself.

Ok, I had to share my experience with Nu-Way Real Estate. I know that some people are saying that this is a scam, but for me it was not. My cousin saw that I had made a $21,000 profit and was interested in joining the program so I gave her all of the information she needed concerning the company. She was still a little nervous about spending the $5500 to join, so she decided to look stuff up on the internet about the company and came across this site. I have read all of the posts and I just had to respond.

I didn’t speak with the V.P.’s as some of you have said that you did, I signed up with Mr. Luckey who is a Branch Manager. I totally understand people being leery of any company asking you for money these days, because it took me 6 months to make the decision to join the educational program. Mr.Luckey was very patient with me and always took the time to thoroughly answer my questions. He provided me with a substantial amount of proof that Nu-Way was legitimate. So, finally I joined….still being nervous about my investment I might add.

The thing is….this is not a get rich scheme, nor did Mr. Luckey ever portray it that way to me. It is hard work. I thought it would be easy. When you are trying to find a house to flip for profit there are so many variables to consider. I submitted many properties before a house was found that actually turned me a profit. I learned a lot from the training program, but as they say “experience is the best teacher.” If you are considering getting into real estate investment, whether it be with Nu-Way or not, watch a couple of episodes of “Flip That House” and you will see how many factors come into play when trying to turn a profit on a house.

I just think that maybe some people think that they can go through the training and viola…they can find a house in a day and turn a quick profit. If you are looking to get rich quick, this is not for you. If you are looking to get rich in the near future, then maybe you should consider it. Once I joined the program and finished the training, I purchased my first home in 4 ½ months. All I can say is if you cannot afford the $5500 and are thinking that you can pay yourself back in 2 weeks by robbing Peter to pay Paul then do not invest in this company. If you can invest and then allow for training and time to find the right property, then you should really check Nu-Way out. You can always call the company and ask for Mr. Luckey and he can fax you a copy of the notarized affidavit that proves I bought a house with their money. I hope all of you find much success. :)
    T.WHITE

I am sure you post this message on all boards.

Nu-Way Real Estate

Like many others, I received the prospectus ($39.95) from Nu-Way Real Estate. Spoke with Andrew James (Chief sleazy & slippery) Exec. V.P. who provided some mis-leading facts (typical boiler room operation) about their operations. He continually hammered me to send him the $5,000 for education and "first deal". Since I have been in the home flip business for over 25 years, my interest was their financing. Their vague determination of acceptable properties and procedures immediately set off a "red flag" with me.
    It's the old story ladies and gentlemen..."If it talks like a duck and walks like a duck....". Several other threads indicate this group of individuals is from another scam group which broke off (National Institute of Real estate Investors) and started their own. How creative !! Stay away... my opinion !

Trying to see how anyone is going to be making money right now with the housing slump. Bought mine outright last year and just going to sit on it til 2008. Main purpose is to have a roof over my head that's all mine until moving permanently west of the Missisippi. Cheaper that way.

Don't need a program or a guru. Just common sense. Research the market, educate yourself. All sorts of books at your local library on real estate. Save the 39.95 for pizza. Read the real estate section.

What's your credit score? It better be good. Next question, can you afford it? What's the prospective neighborhood like. Hopefully, not the "hood".

Flipping anything right now is iffy. Also, quite a few people that are upside down with those newfangled no-interest loans and ARMs especially in some areas where the housing bubble has burst badly. Foreclosures are way up. It's really not a good time to be borrowing money.

sorry to hear thet your even going to think about them !

1) let me give you som hints. Ask to provide the paper work on the last 5 houses thay got. ask for the buy price, the est. value of the house, the realestate Co. that sold the house, and whel it was sold. This way you can look all the infomation up via public records or even call the real estate agent that sold the house.

2) Ask them for that names of the mgr. of the office and who sings all the checks for the Co. you can then see that this is the son-in-law of the onwer.

3) Ask them for referances from other bis. and venders if thay want you money as a investment Co. you have a right to know about there credit. after all int your money. so why not ask them things that apply to good biz. what is there Emp turn over rate. dose the 2nd you talk to even own thare house thay live in. how old are thay. what did thay do befor nu-way. ask them if thay have a :confused: record :eek: do you want that kind of a person working for you buy the way colorado allows you to look up any one with a record in the stat over the web if you made it thes far i'm sure you can do this

4) ask them when was the sale of the last ten houses thay sold and the number thay have on hand now buying a house is one thing selling it is somthing eles. or ask them to provide you with a statment from the man who wrights checks stating the avarage time on market or (TOM) all there houses have took to sell.

5) take you $ 5,500.00 buy a plane ticket to vegas and take the 39.95 to the craps game you will have a better chance of making you money back :eek:

6) ask them how many students that have kicked out of the program in the past year? thay count on you never finding a house on only give you six mounth to find one after that thay haved the contract and you are out of tha program thay stall you to take your money

7) better luck in vegas to you, is your money wast it the way you want but in vegas at least you come home with a t-shirt

Real estate investment takes a lot of hard work and months of research. Also, when the market was hot people were able to buy homes with all kinds of loans. Especially 100% financing. Lenders learned their lesson from this. Their is no magic bullet. 1, you have to have a passion for this and if you don't, you won't make money and you will feel scammed. Best thing is to due your "due diligence" join an investor group ask a lot of questions. If anyone promises you a get rich promise with real estate...walk.
    Real estate investorIf you are willing to work and use your credit I know of the perfect program.

I am so embarrassed to confess that I am perhaps one of the most recent victims (casualties) of this real estate training scam. My only comfort is that they didn't get all of the $5,000 partnership fee. I gave them half with the obligation of giving the second half prior to property submission proposal. Can anything be done about this company other than uselessly complaining to the Colorado Attorney General (303) 866-4500 and the Colorado Secretary of State (303) 894-2200?

yorel

15. 04-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Reason
    FORUM VIOLATION- ADVERTISING REFERRAL LINK