+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Canadian election experience

    I didn't vote Liberal, although I told my friends to. Last minute change of conscience upon stumbling onto the Christian Heritage Party of Canada. They usually get about 0.2% to 2% of the vote. I went with them. I realized that I really don't like liberalism or conservatism, but "christian-ism".

    On the one hand, you've got the murder of tens of thousands of Iraqis if you vote Conservative. On the other hand, you've got pro-abortion, pro-marijuana, pro-prostitution, pro-gay marriage, pro-sleaze bag basically with the Liberals. I couldn't vote for either.

    So I found this dinky little party, and I think I just might get involved by volunteering the next time with their campaigning.

    What a weird experience. Long story short, Conservative Stephen Harper is our new prime minister, much to Republicans' relief, but the Liberals and NDP are still the majority of the government. But who knows, if the Conservatives do a good job, the Libs could lose more grounds.

    I feel good about the turn out and the experience.


    - Ronald

  2. #2
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    I didn't vote Liberal, although I told my friends to. Last minute change of conscience upon stumbling onto the Christian Heritage Party of Canada. They usually get about 0.2% to 2% of the vote. I went with them. I realized that I really don't like liberalism or conservatism, but "christian-ism".

    On the one hand, you've got the murder of tens of thousands of Iraqis if you vote Conservative. On the other hand, you've got pro-abortion, pro-marijuana, pro-prostitution, pro-gay marriage, pro-sleaze bag basically with the Liberals. I couldn't vote for either.

    So I found this dinky little party, and I think I just might get involved by volunteering the next time with their campaigning.

    What a weird experience. Long story short, Conservative Stephen Harper is our new prime minister, much to Republicans' relief, but the Liberals and NDP are still the majority of the government. But who knows, if the Conservatives do a good job, the Libs could lose more grounds.

    I feel good about the turn out and the experience.


    - Ronald
    say, aren't you or not the same Ronald that posted under "Pickle Juice"
    in the "Chat Here" forum, regarding getting rid of you Pornography
    collection, and all the details about things to do as a diversion to break
    the habit? It was also signed Ronald.

    I seem to remember that about six weeks ago you came on the Politcs
    Forum and asked about having specific post removed that you had posted,
    both under your present user name and also "Pickle Juice."?

    What about it? So maybe you got "born again" huh?

    "Christian Conservatives, eh? Sounds like theso called "Moral-Majority
    folks here!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quit pickin' on Ronald, Coon-dog!

    Ronald, I'm very happy with the way the elections turned out in your country. I think it will help relations between the US and Canada. You guys were almost considered "french" for a while there. 13 years is a long time, but we are sure to see some different stances from Canada. Welcome back into good graces. :cool:

    I thought the conservatives picked up 125 seats. Isn't that a majority? Since I heard that you guys have 10 different parties represented, I assumed that the conservos had a majority. Or can I lump the liberals, communist and socialists all together? That would give the libs a majority I guess....Is that the way it looks?

  4. #4
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Quit pickin' on Ronald, Coon-dog!

    Ronald, I'm very happy with the way the elections turned out in your country. I think it will help relations between the US and Canada. You guys were almost considered "french" for a while there. 13 years is a long time, but we are sure to see some different stances from Canada. Welcome back into good graces. :cool:

    I thought the conservatives picked up 125 seats. Isn't that a majority? Since I heard that you guys have 10 different parties represented, I assumed that the conservos had a majority. Or can I lump the liberals, communist and socialists all together? That would give the libs a majority I guess....Is that the way it looks?
    Yes Sir Ruder! SInce you said so... :rolleyes:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Yes, Coontie, I used to go by picklejuice9, but changed my userID for obvious reasons. It was just an old userID I stuck with when the internet was just getting popular because it was easy to remember. Dumb name.

    I'm not sure what you would define as "born-again", but I would bet that I did go through that.

    I checked out the website of the party I voted for, and I'm disappointed. They're just a bunch of white, foam at the mouth, ultra-conservative, overly judgemental people who've rejected or completely ignored the mandate of Jesus Christ, which is to serve.

    Next election, I just won't vote. The policies change, but they all stay the same in compassion and duty. I find that people care too much what's legal and not legal, and fight for it, as opposed to what's in our hearts and what's not.

    It's just depressing. Politics is just depressing. Not one good Christian in the bunch.


    - Ronald

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald

    I checked out the website of the party I voted for, and I'm disappointed. They're just a bunch of white, foam at the mouth, ultra-conservative, overly judgemental people who've rejected or completely ignored the mandate of Jesus Christ, which is to serve.




    - Ronald
    What's that website? Can you share? I promise that I won't make fun of it.
    Raider :cool: pm me if you don't want the whole board to know.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Canadian election experience

    http://www.chp.ca/

    If these guys could say just one freaking one word about helping the needy, as Jesus did, they would have my support. Instead, it's just: "Lets throw some pedophiles in jail, prevent gay marriage, and have less gun restricions."

    You can agree or disagree with those policies. That's not my concern. I am just so sick of whether it's "legal" or not for gays to get married to be the MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE!

    We need to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and give (hopefully clean) water to the thirsty. Woe to the rich, for they have already received their rewards. Woe to the well fed, for they will go hungry. How can anyone claim to be Christian and ignore what Jesus is saying?

    It's ridiculous, and I've had it. These people have not repented. They are the Pharisees. The Conservatives are the modern day Pharisees, trying to live under the law.

    I don't even know where to begin. If you want to know about one Christian who's doing it right, you can check out Jim Cantelon's charity organization called Vision Ledd at www.visionledd.com, one of the most consciencious men I have ever met.


    - Ronald

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    http://www.chp.ca/

    If these guys could say just one freaking one word about helping the needy, as Jesus did, they would have my support. Instead, it's just: "Lets throw some pedophiles in jail, prevent gay marriage, and have less gun restricions."

    - Ronald
    I think I recall that you're a Christian.....correct - eh?

    Do you think that Jesus would not tell the pedophile and the homosexual the story of Sodom and Gomorrah? As far as the gun rights go, I don't know what Jesus thought about guns except explain that it was the man's duty and requirement to protect his family from those that would do them harm. Does this mean to strip the man of the same defense tools that his enemies use as an aggressive one? God gave also, man dominion over the animals and there were some that were OK to eat and others that were not. Cannot this particular group wish to take the side of the hunter?

    Many want to disavow the Old Testament as some sort of outdated mumbo-jumbo that predated Jesus. The Old Testament was the word of Jesus' father, and should never be given a backseat to the New Testament. One is the word of God and the other is the life lesson of the Holy Spirit. They go hand-in hand. I checked your link out "Good Ronnie of Toronto", and they seem pretty straight forward. You might give 'em a trial before casting too much judgement. That's what Jesus might tell you to do. Thanks for sharing.

    Raider :)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: Canadian election experience

    It is always a good thing when liberals lose.

  10. #10
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Yes, Coontie, I used to go by picklejuice9, but changed my userID for obvious reasons. It was just an old userID I stuck with when the internet was just getting popular because it was easy to remember. Dumb name.

    I'm not sure what you would define as "born-again", but I would bet that I did go through that.

    I checked out the website of the party I voted for, and I'm disappointed. They're just a bunch of white, foam at the mouth, ultra-conservative, overly judgemental people who've rejected or completely ignored the mandate of Jesus Christ, which is to serve.

    Next election, I just won't vote. The policies change, but they all stay the same in compassion and duty. I find that people care too much what's legal and not legal, and fight for it, as opposed to what's in our hearts and what's not.

    It's just depressing. Politics is just depressing. Not one good Christian in the bunch.


    - Ronald

    I see that you are at least being observant and discerning in seeing for
    yourself the group of individuals with whom you are dealing with.
    Not taking some mind-set, programmed robot approach like the self-
    serving narcisstic so called moral_majority individuals that are also
    the "foaming at the mouth" type and do nothing but spiel hatred and
    condemination on the rest of humanity.

    They are like: if you are not a member of our club than you're dead meat
    for Satan. Want to bet that it is possible that they may not see the
    kingdom of Heaven for their hatred and vile vehmence in regard to others?

    Remember, (powerful words): "Judge not that you may be in fear of the
    judgement."; "Let he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone." They
    dropped their stones and walked away.

    So, what, ANY human being, is worthy, qualified to pass judgement on
    any other human?

    Ironically, suggest a possibly good approach to a more satisfying, peaceful,
    fufilling and happy life: believe in Jesus Christ, always and his knowing,
    knowledge of weakness brought upon those souls that come to walk in the
    flesh, because he did this walk, so he knows what it is like.

    AND, read, at least. basic Buddhist doctrine, practices and include these in your life, every day. There is no Buddhist "moral majority", they condemn no
    one and say live in peace and help one another.

    THe sad part regading christianity is that it has been hijacked by the
    various denominations and television evangelists. It is business, big
    business to them. They all have a great deal of wealth and power and
    I suspect there are some not so nice, unseemingly, perverse things that
    occur out of view of the public.

    It will ALL eventually be revealed, as has been the Catholic Church's
    debacle with rampant homosexuality. Is it no wonder as well that there
    must be some truth to the stories of the infant's bodies buried in the court-
    yard's of the Nunnerys and also Lesbian practices?

    The human being cannot endure too much supression or denial of it's
    natural urges, less there be great mischief or diabolical perverseness
    released upon itself and others... Ask the Psychiarists...
    Last edited by coontie; 01-25-2006 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spell

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,457

    Re: Canadian election experience

    You are all hate-filled and foul-mouthed, both liberal and conservative.

    Take the abortion issue. The conservatives show little to no compassion for the mother in the situation, and the liberals completely disregard the child. Though polar opposites on the situation, you are both exactly alike. The compassion that Christ would demonstrate to both is the only solution, not just illegalizing abortion, but in forgiving the mother and helping with hardship, talking about real solutions.

    And you, Coontie, who's dismissed the Catholic church because of the faults of a few, you too will be faced by the same kind of over generalization.

    And the Christian Heritage Party, after coming over their website, there isn't one word of helping the homeless or starving. They are not Christian. They're just conservative, and have usurped Christ's name.

    I'll try to stay away from this forum more.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    22

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Hey Ronald, don't despair.

    I've been accused of being right wing, ultra-conservative, money focused, racist. But they're wrong ... I'm not racist. :)

    I too voted CHP and I personally know the man who started the whole thing. The Bible used to be the foundation of our "Christian" nation. Now anyone who claims to a Christian is heckled and despised. Politicians are about power and votes ... not serving others. The CHP is trying to get some decency, honesty and morality back in Canda using the Bible as the ultimate rule of truth not some man made arbitrary charter that a bunch of robed lawyers twist to their own liking. The Canadian bible is the Charter of Rights. I refer to it as the Charter of Wrongs. The CHP is not perfect but uses the Bible as its moral code.

    I do believe in helping yourself. Wanting the govenment to do and fix everything is sooo Canadian. This whole child care thing just bugs me. The government should not be expected to raise our kids. If my neighbor wants to be a two income family - that's fine. Pay your babysitter. I choose to be a one income family with mom staying at home with the kids. I resent having to pay for my neighbors daycare. Think about it, I earn 60K and my neighbor earns 2 x 60K and I have to pay for his child care?

    Anyway I digress, there are programs in place to help the poor and needy. The best program I can think of is the church. As a church community we see to it that everyone's needs are looked after. I cannot speak for the CHP but I would venture to guess that they stand ready to help for sure. But the poor and needy also have to be ready to help themselves. I know a few very able bodied people sitting at home right now doing absolutely nothing and are collecting from the public trough. If I know a few in my small town, I would venture to guess there are 100's if not 1000's like them across Canada. I know "their pinky hurts" but these people should be cut off so the funds can be used to help those who truly need it.

    Conservatives do not hate poor people. We must have compassion for those who can't help themselves and motivate the lazy ones.
    Bob- over the hill but under the speed limit

  13. #13
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    You are all hate-filled and foul-mouthed, both liberal and conservative.

    Take the abortion issue. The conservatives show little to no compassion for the mother in the situation, and the liberals completely disregard the child. Though polar opposites on the situation, you are both exactly alike. The compassion that Christ would demonstrate to both is the only solution, not just illegalizing abortion, but in forgiving the mother and helping with hardship, talking about real solutions.

    And you, Coontie, who's dismissed the Catholic church because of the faults of a few, you too will be faced by the same kind of over generalization.

    And the Christian Heritage Party, after coming over their website, there isn't one word of helping the homeless or starving. They are not Christian. They're just conservative, and have usurped Christ's name.

    I'll try to stay away from this forum more.

    you said: you are ALL hate filled and foul-mouthed... ALL includes you,
    it is suggested.

    And reference to the Catholic Church and "the faults of a few." ;
    Just quoting what has revealed itself, what they have done - not my idea,
    It has been done and should be remembered, not casually dismissed.
    Because they mostly take advantage of children!

    I think you really could use some meditation on your newly aquired and
    acclaimed "christian" posture.

    Christian DO, quietly, silently, not mouthing offf and spieling vehememce like
    you do. Walk your talk, or shut up about being a christian.

    I think the Porn twisted your mind too much befo0re you got away from
    it! :rolleyes:

    Thered's a need for a long period of rehabilitation, IF you can abstain from
    your habit!

  14. #14
    coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Canadian election experience

    p.s. Ronald - you just let the gist of the message escape you, completely
    ignored. Tells me something of your orinentation. Was beginning to have
    some respect for you and your position, as indicated by your words. But
    now, NOT! :eek:

    Your another one of thoses tired old weary mouther-offers... Really no
    substance to what you have to say.
    Last edited by coontie; 01-25-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spell

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: Canadian election experience

    Ronald - Politics has nothing to do with religion - you're trying to draw some sort of comparision when none exists. You voted and then did research on the party you voted for? The Liberals and the NDP are not the majority although the NDP has been their "lap dog" in the past. I have hope that the Conservatives are able to follow through on cleaning up the mess we are in. They could hardly do the damage or steal more money than the Liberals. I predict that the Bloc Quebecois will find the conservative agenda to be to their liking (very much in line with their own) and vote accordingly - but that's just my wishful thinking.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 11:22 PM
  2. 'Canadian Justice' LOL
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 04:52 PM
  3. Canadian Diamond
    By Lets in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 04:03 AM
  4. Canadian PM Tells It Like It Is!
    By Grim17 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-27-2006, 07:18 PM
  5. Canadian Justice
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 05:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, abortion, accused, age, aggressive, ain, amen, animals, another, ation, bag, basic, basically, bet, bunch, buried, called, canada, canadian, cannot, care, cast, catholic, cer, change, charter, choose, chris, christian, church, claim, claims, clean, cleaning, clo, club, code, coming, communist, community, completely, conservative, conservatives, coo, correct, couldn, country, damage, date, day, dead, demons, denial, didn, dog, don, ear, earn, elec, electio, election, ells, elon, eva, exists, experience, faced, father, fear, fed, feel, find, fix, forward, foundation, friends, funds, gave, gay, good, government, great, group, guns, guys, had, hand, harper, heard, hearts, helping, heritage, hey, his, holy, holy spirit, homosexual, huma, ial, ian, ignore, ignored, ill, ime, important, include, income, individuals, inter, internet, involved, ion, isn, issue, ist, jail, jim, job, kind, last, lazy, legal, lets, liberal, liberals, line, long, lose, marijuana, marriage, mea, meditation, men, mess, mind, minister, moral, more, mother, mouthing, murder, nation, need, needy, nice, only, organization, oro, par, party, pas, peaceful, pedophiles, people, perfect, personally, picked, place, policies, poor, popular, por, porn, pos, position, posted, power, powerful, prevent, prime, pro, prostitution, protect, public, qualified, quit, quote, raise, read, ready, real, reasons, rehabilitation, relief, remember, removed, republicans, research, respect, rest, revealed, rich, rid, ridiculous, rip, ronnie, sad, science, seats, seem, serve, set, sharing, short, shut, shut up, signed, sir, small, sooo, sounds, star, stay, steal, stephen, stephen harper, stone, stones, stories, story, strip, talking, ted, tells, they, thought, throw, tie, time, tired, told, tools, town, turn, twist, ultimate, ultra, url, user, view, vile, vote, voted, votes, water, weak, website, weeks, weird, welcome, won, worthy, wrong, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •