+ Reply to Thread

Franklin Investments - Business Financing Scam - Fraud Alert

[FONT=Times New Roman]
    In November of 2005 I was solicited on line by the "V.P. of Franklin Investments" about an offer to fund my start up food company. They FedExed a contract and we agreed on funding. This guy's name was Samuel Brock, but it's probably a fake name. The owner of Franklin Investments is a guy named Franklin Lane, but that's probably fake, too. These guys are very clever. They have letterhead, offices, office numbers, know how to write contracts, a website, and even stump references to vouch for them. I did a lot of research and due diligence on them, and didn't find any derogatory information. So, "Franklin Investments" is a relatively new phony front with a clean record.
    I should have been tipped off by the fact that they wanted a small amount of earnest money sent to them in order for them to "bring in their funds from Europe/Asia". I fell for it and wired $2,500 to them. They delayed and delayed the funding even though the contract said they would fund within 15 business days. Then I said I just wanted my earnest money back, and they could keep their offer to fund. Samuel Brock says the money is forthcoming, but it's going on three months now, and the money still hasn't shown up.
    If you get an offer to fund from these guys, watch out and don't do it! They're sheisters! Try to get some verifiable physical location information on them, and let me know by posting here. I have friends in the FBI that are trying to find them.
    Thanks,
    TXFOODGUY

Re: Franklin Investments - Business Financing Scam - Fraud Alert

I am by no means trying to defend these guys, but in October they turned down my request for funding. Cons don't do that if they think they can get money up front. And they do have an office. I went there trying to convince them to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by morrellinmacon
    I am by no means trying to defend these guys, but in October they turned down my request for funding. Cons don't do that if they think they can get money up front. And they do have an office. I went there trying to convince them to help me.
    Where did you go? The toilet?

No uninformed one, I went to their office and met with Brock and Lane. They had financed a friend of mine's with $250,000.00 in '03.

Interesting Morrell. Especially since Franklin Investments has stated it does not do deals less than $1,000,000. It's also interesting that you post your replies at about the same time that the hammer comes down on "Brock" and "Lane" with the Better Business Bureau, and GA Attorney General's office. What are the chances of someone who knows about "Franklin Investments" (a relatively obscure Atlanta firm) reading a thread on this website at about the same time as the whistle being blown on them. Hmmm.... I'm wondering....

I am questioning the validity of your statements... Mr. Brock...oops... did I let that slip? I meant Mr. Lane...oops... did I do it again? I meant Mr. Morrell. No, really I did. Sincerely. ;)

This is a note to all who read this thread. Franklin Investments is clever and crafty. They are not unlike serpents in this way. In fact, the word "serpents" goes a long way in describing them and what they do. They are not above stumping (under a bogus name, of course) on this or any other website in order to somehow "suspend the disbelief" of their operation for the people they have solicited who are doing due diligence on them. Don't buy into them!!! They are out to take your money and leave you either financially ruined, hospitalized, or both!!!

By the way, thanks ScamSlammer for your support.

You may be correct tx. I was just relating my experience with them. My friend received his money a couple of years ago, so their minimums may have changed. I don't know and really don't care. Has scamslammer had any interaction with these guys? If not, what's the basis of his subjective verbal injections? Communist behind every bush; a gay in every closet? He sounds like a paranoid to me. And tx, I surf these types of sites every evening. There is no planned congruity swirling about the timing of these posts. Be sure to lock your doors tonight; green people are atrolling.

OK, you're weird morrell. And, I can tell by your registration date (2/2/06)that you're a long-time surfer of these kinds of sites. Sure, ya are. :p

What I'm saying Mr. Brock (oops, did I let it slip again?) I meant, Morrell, (no, really, I did this time) is that I don't believe you, that there was no previous experience with them (other than the probability that you're a part of them) and that the people who read this posting will not fall for the sham.

If Franklin Investments were legitimate, why haven't they returned my earnest money?

Franklin Investments is a bunch of crooks. Since, you're in Macon, you might see them sometime. If you do you can tell them I said so! You can tell your friend I said so, too!

I am sorry that bitterness seems to consume and confuse you. I don't give a rat's ass about Franklin and Co. You have begun to mock me and personally assail my credibility. God, who would fund you considering your temperment? What employee would like being in the shadow of your spiked hair caused by your emotional outbursts from erroneous judgments ? Are you 14 and still living at home with your parents? You probably don't have a pot to piss in. Sorry for your problems tx. Thank God stupidity is not contagious. Get on with life. Learn from the past; don't lay in the mud caused by your own tears.

Yup. That's what I thought. You write just like Brock. So long sucker! You're ploy didn't work.

At least I took the time and trouble to met these people. What IQ level would send these people money ($2,500 right?) without spending a few more dollars to go and personally check them out? I have met Brock and I take your comparison as a compliment. And according to you, who is seen as the real "sucker" here? We all learn via counsel or experience. Experience seems to have been your taskmaster. Maybe now you have had a seemingly much needed infusion of wisdom.

Morrell, understand this. I know you are Brock posing to be someone else on this site. I know you are a fraud. You can shut up now.

You assume, not know Sir. Uncovering facts seems to be a belated emphasis of yours. Apparently your misapplied "assumptions" have cost you money. The psychological pattern seems to persist. Brock, if he does read this, must be amused.

You're nuts.

Really, I didn't loose any money. Whose judgment should be called into question? You seem a bit edgy there food boy. Go smoke some texas sage brush and calm down. Quit your belly aching son. Change your underware and get on with life. You can't plow a straight row if you're always looking back. ;)