+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 21

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    554

    Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Today, January 24th, Oprah is having a show on the “Bird Flu” pandemic which threatens our world. Do not miss this show if at all possible. Every scientist says this will happen, 100% agreement on this! There is no vaccine for this type of flu and none can be made until it raises its ugly head (mutates into human to human infection). It will take 6 months to two years to then develop and produce a vaccine. :(

    This flu is currently killing 50% of those that come down with it, the only way to survive this flu is to not catch it. Do your self and your family a favor and watch Oprah today.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    Today, January 24th, Oprah is having a show on the “Bird Flu” pandemic which threatens our world. Do not miss this show if at all possible. Every scientist says this will happen, 100% agreement on this! There is no vaccine for this type of flu and none can be made until it raises its ugly head (mutates into human to human infection). It will take 6 months to two years to then develop and produce a vaccine. :(

    This flu is currently killing 50% of those that come down with it, the only way to survive this flu is to not catch it. Do your self and your family a favor and watch Oprah today.
    Firstly, Worried, thanks for bringing up a topic which poses more of a threat to the world than any perceived political threat.

    Throughout history, disease and natural distasters have taken more of a toll on human life than wars.

    The avian flu needs to be brought into perspective.

    It amazes me that, in this day and age, we, as a species habititating on the Planet Earth, are more pre-occupied with domination over other humans rather than concentrating on the survival of the human species as a whole.

    Maybe that's the whole problem. If it comes down to the survival of the human species, which sub-species should be the ones to survive? Without diseases like avian bird flu, the choice be ours, alone!

    The only thing is.... diseases like the plague, aids and the avian flu are totally indiscriminate.

    If they select you, you are likely to die! Doesn't matter if you're a Muslim, Jew, Christian, right winger, liberal or Calithumpian.

    After the avian flu has killed a good measure of the population of the Earth, maybe (hopefully) those who remain will come to realize that we are not each others' enemies but rather we are the enemies of our environment!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    The bird flu could happen. But then again so could another tsunami. More hurricanes. Tornadoes. Plane crashes. A giant asteroid. A piano could fall from the sky, for crying out loud. Anything's possible. The world's going to end in 2012, remember? The Myans and Edgar Cayce can't be wrong, right? Nostradamus' third antichrist has yet to show himself, so we're waiting for that too, right?

    It pays to realize who you're hearing the bird flu paranoia from. A society that thrives on fear will always jump on these things. An administration that thrives on fear will always jump on these things. And a SOCIETY, that is fed fear every day and every night will gobble it up and not even bother to wipe their face.

    I'm not saying that you shouldn't be worried about the bird flu, but it sounds like you're a little too worried. Especially considering the world we live in today.

    Did you know Donald Rumsfeld has major stock in Tamiflu - - and would actually BENEFIT from a bird flu outbreak? There's more reason to be paranoid in that respect, in my opinion.

    What we should be really worried about is how powerful mainstream hysteria can be. Since the beginning of mankind it has been the most destructive force ever known. If one thousand people believe in demons, you'll see one. If a million people believe in witches, you'll burn one at the stake. If an entire nation believes in UFOs, you're whole family will be abducted!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    554

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Poor Mr. Rumsfeld, it has been discovered that Tamiflu does not help save you from Bird Flu, so he wasted lots of money again.

    And as for who is telling us this, every scientist in the world. I will bet my life on them, not you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    I don't think you should listen to me, I think you should figure these things out on your own. What I said was my opinion, and I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

    I agree that the bird flu is a threat, but it is no more of a threat (in my opinion) than hundreds, perhaps thousands, of other potential problems facing humanity. I think weather poses a bigger threat, and statistically - - you're more likely to meet your fate from an asteroid than an avian flu. I think it's 1 in 20,000.

    Scientists are saying that it will happen, but have you noticed that most of them also say it could take many, many years? By that time I would imagine we'd be OK, or we'd be more worried about something else.

    And even if it were to happen, those most at risk are the very elderly - but the elderly get more flu shots than any age group. It is not surprising that a scientist would predict the worst case scenario - it is his job to make people more aware of the threats facing us today. But, what I'm saying is, in the grand scheme of things - there are too many things to worry about that it is pointless to get caught up in any one of them, unless you're working on the potential problem. If you're like me, and you are not a scientist but you're sitting at home watching the news instead of making it, the most responsible thing you can do is live life to its fullest and be optimistic.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessloch
    I don't think you should listen to me, I think you should figure these things out on your own. What I said was my opinion, and I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear.

    I agree that the bird flu is a threat, but it is no more of a threat (in my opinion) than hundreds, perhaps thousands, of other potential problems facing humanity. I think weather poses a bigger threat, and statistically - - you're more likely to meet your fate from an asteroid than an avian flu. I think it's 1 in 20,000.

    Scientists are saying that it will happen, but have you noticed that most of them also say it could take many, many years? By that time I would imagine we'd be OK, or we'd be more worried about something else.

    And even if it were to happen, those most at risk are the very elderly - but the elderly get more flu shots than any age group. It is not surprising that a scientist would predict the worst case scenario - it is his job to make people more aware of the threats facing us today. But, what I'm saying is, in the grand scheme of things - there are too many things to worry about that it is pointless to get caught up in any one of them, unless you're working on the potential problem. If you're like me, and you are not a scientist but you're sitting at home watching the news instead of making it, the most responsible thing you can do is live life to its fullest and be optimistic.
    I'm not sure if your reply was directed at me or both of us, but it was wrong of you to assume neither of us had made our comments without refference to the facts available. http://www.ecdc.eu.int/

    At present, the 120 or so humans to have contracted the latest strain of avian flu (A/H5N1), contracted it from handling infected birds. If just one person anywhere in the world contracts the avian flu whilst infected with the human flu, the avian virus will mutate to the point where it will be transmitted from human to human. http://www.ecdc.eu.int/avian_influenza/index.php

    Fore-warned is fore-armed! Why would you want to go through life with your head buried in the sand?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,272

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Should you be worried about bird flu?

    http://www.thecurrentonline.com/medi...rentonline.com

    By: Cate Marquis
    Issue date: 1/17/06 Section: Opinions

    [Good info at above link]

    This is a big subject but I’d like to share some thoughts on it.
    The panic caused by the news media, Oprah and others is likely to cause more damage than the Bird Flu at present. Add to that various Pharmaceutical houses, lobbyists, Wall Street types and politicians that have a vested interest in fueling the panic to serve their own agendas.
    The comparisons made to the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 are clearly part of this swirl of propaganda that is simply mindless speculation not fact.
    The standards of public hygiene of 1918 in even civilized western countries of the day were horrendous and almost certainly contributed to the spread of the epidemic. In many countries after the war there was wide spread poverty and homelessness. Hospitals did not have the modern protocols that we have now that would contain or limit the spread of a virus if it should occur today. In my opinion these are the primary reasons we have not seen an outbreak as devastating Spanish Flu in almost 90 yrs.
    The proper course of action is to monitor periodic changes in various flu strains and make attempts to produce vaccines when needed. This is the only smart thing to do.
    The panic is playing into the hands of moneyed interests that are just trying to make a quick buck.

    PSB
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 01-25-2006 at 12:52 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    26

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    I'm not sure if your reply was directed at me or both of us, but it was wrong of you to assume neither of us had made our comments without refference to the facts available. http://www.ecdc.eu.int/

    At present, the 120 or so humans to have contracted the latest strain of avian flu (A/H5N1), contracted it from handling infected birds. If just one person anywhere in the world contracts the avian flu whilst infected with the human flu, the avian virus will mutate to the point where it will be transmitted from human to human. http://www.ecdc.eu.int/avian_influenza/index.php

    Fore-warned is fore-armed! Why would you want to go through life with your head buried in the sand?
    Because under here, everything is cozy.

    Seriously though, how are you fore-armed? And from what I've heard, they don't even know how the virus would mutate, they can only guess.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they're preparing for the worst, it's their job. Meanwhile, I'm not going to worry about it. Life's too short.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    Should you be worried about bird flu?

    http://www.thecurrentonline.com/medi...rentonline.com

    By: Cate Marquis
    Issue date: 1/17/06 Section: Opinions

    [Good info at above link]

    This is a big subject but I’d like to share some thoughts on it.
    The panic caused by the news media, Oprah and others is likely to cause more damage than the Bird Flu at present. Add to that various Pharmaceutical houses, lobbyists, Wall Street types and politicians that have a vested interest in fueling the panic to serve their own agendas.
    The comparisons made to the Spanish Flu Epidemic of 1918 are clearly part of this swirl of propaganda that is simply mindless speculation not fact.
    The standards of public hygiene of 1918 in even civilized western countries of the day were horrendous and almost certainly contributed to the spread of the epidemic. In many countries after the war there was wide spread poverty and homelessness. Hospitals did not have the modern protocols that we have now that would contain or limit the spread of a virus if it should occur today. In my opinion these are the primary reasons we have not seen an outbreak as devastating Spanish Flu in almost 90 yrs.
    The proper course of action is to monitor periodic changes in various flu strains and make attempts to produce vaccines when needed. This is the only smart thing to do.
    The panic is playing into the hands of moneyed interests that are just trying to make a quick buck.

    PSB
    Don't be offended, but if it's such a big subject, why do you trivialize it?

    It is irresponsible to wave your hand and dismiss the warnings of the possible mutation of avian flu as an attempt by pharmaceutical companies to make money.

    Modern medicine has nothing to do with chicken farmers in Turkey, by the way! They live in conditions far less hygenic than post WW1 Europe.

    Whilst we have not seen a flu like the Spanish flu in 90 years, it does not mean that another deadly virus could not appear tomorrow.

    You put way too much faith in the medical profession coming to your rescue in the event of an outbreak. I wonder if aids sufferers would share your confidence?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessloch
    Because under here, everything is cozy.

    Seriously though, how are you fore-armed? And from what I've heard, they don't even know how the virus would mutate, they can only guess.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that they're preparing for the worst, it's their job. Meanwhile, I'm not going to worry about it. Life's too short.
    Not to criticize, but if you read the links I posted, you would see that at any time if a person, infected by the avian flu virus, was infected at the same time with the human flu virus, then the avian flu virus would then become transmittable from human to human.

    There are many, many cases of animal viruses which have mutated in the same way, and that very fact is why scientists are concerned over the avian flu.
    Dismiss it at your own peril. This is serious.

    This quote is from Phinnly's link..."When two different strains of flu infect the same cell, they can exchange genes to create a new strain. This genetic change is called antigenic shift and the source of greatest concern for the rise of new pandemics. If a strain that had acquired the ability to move into a new species and infects a cell that already harbors a flu virus that readily infects people, it can acquire that characteristic."

    http://www.thecurrentonline.com/medi...rentonline.com

    Then there's this from the same link..."The scariest thing about bird flu is our government's slow and misdirected response to the possibility of any future flu pandemic."
    Give it the attention it deserves!
    Last edited by catch-22; 01-25-2006 at 02:35 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aspartame Island
    Posts
    920

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    Poor Mr. Rumsfeld, it has been discovered that Tamiflu does not help save you from Bird Flu, so he wasted lots of money again.

    And as for who is telling us this, every scientist in the world. I will bet my life on them, not you.
    And there are many scientists that can be paid to say whatever the payer would like them to say. When it comes to the deep pockets of the pharmaceutical industry, anyone can name their price. How do you think all of the studies that the FDA comes up with are all "safe" ? Drugs that never should have been approved, are touted as safe and effective.

    Look around you, America is sick, and it isn't getting any better. I guess this flu will finish off the population that chooses to blindly follow the bidding of the drug industry by taking their Tamiflu garbage, rather than build up the immune system by natural means. Let us watch and see who dies from it if it happens. I will bet money that the casualties will be those who receive the flu shot.

    Let's help those to help themselves. To keep the immune system strong and ready to ward off things, here is a few suggestions. This is for starters.

    Eliminate using ANY sugar.
    That would mean any artificial sweeteners as well, as they are more harmful. This includes, but not limited to; sugar, sucralose, aspartame, sucrose, sorbitol, mannitol, maltitol, xylitol, glucose, fructose, dextrose (or d-glucose) maltodextrin, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup), corn syrup, neotame etc...
    Or otherwise known as nutrasweet, splenda, sweet'n'low etc....

    Next, start drinking 2 liters of water per day, and eliminate coffee, tea, and commercialized drinks. Once you start drinking only water, the body won't need to take it from your blood to dilute the sugar in your body. This is why sugar lowers the immune system. When the blood is thicker due to excess sugar and less water in the body, the blood can't exactly function as it should.

    Those are only two starters, but important none-the-less. A person will see improvements in many things just making those changes alone.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aspartame Island
    Posts
    920

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    Not to criticize, but if you read the links I posted, you would see that at any time if a person, infected by the avian flu virus, was infected at the same time with the human flu virus, then the avian flu virus would then become transmittable from human to human.

    There are many, many cases of animal viruses which have mutated in the same way, and that very fact is why scientists are concerned over the avian flu.
    Dismiss it at your own peril. This is serious.

    This quote is from Phinnly's link..."When two different strains of flu infect the same cell, they can exchange genes to create a new strain. This genetic change is called antigenic shift and the source of greatest concern for the rise of new pandemics. If a strain that had acquired the ability to move into a new species and infects a cell that already harbors a flu virus that readily infects people, it can acquire that characteristic."

    http://www.thecurrentonline.com/medi...rentonline.com

    Then there's this from the same link..."The scariest thing about bird flu is our government's slow and misdirected response to the possibility of any future flu pandemic."
    Give it the attention it deserves!
    So when people take the stupid flu shot, if they already have a human flu, they're screwed. By taking the Tamiflu, they are pretty much guaranteed to get the bird flu. So everyone line up for your scheduled Tamiflu shot. Brilliant !!

    Actually, a book I read a while back, also dated 1982, called "The Animal Connection", discussed how people, when eating meat, permit the formation of foreign cells to take place. It goes on to explain the RNA and DNA cells from the human and the animal meat inter-twine to become that foreign cell. So in essence, maybe it can be said that we are half human, half animal, if we eat a lot of meat. Look at the mad cow disease, how it is closely watched to ensure we aren't eating mad cow burgers.

    If we want to stay even healthier in life, we need to avoid eating meat as well. My opinion anyway.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Latvia/Ireland
    Posts
    60

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Bird Flu is A SCAM and money making bull=+it !!! How many people died of it?!
    Same cwap as Sars or what ever there where atleast no terrorists blamed for it! They showing us man catching birds and putting them in to bags, they wearing some biological suit... And beside them running kids wearing casual clothes.... if there was real danger would that be allowed?! I doubd it!
    DEAD GIRLS DON'T SAY - NO !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawb
    So when people take the stupid flu shot, if they already have a human flu, they're screwed. By taking the Tamiflu, they are pretty much guaranteed to get the bird flu. So everyone line up for your scheduled Tamiflu shot. Brilliant !!
    I'm almost certain you are not as stupid as you appear to be! Re-read what I posted. And read the links...or shut up!
    I said....."at any time if a person, infected by the avian flu virus, was infected at the same time with the human flu virus, then the avian flu virus would then become transmittable from human to human."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    656

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider Wolf
    Bird Flu is A SCAM and money making bull=+it !!! How many people died of it?!
    Same cwap as Sars or what ever there where atleast no terrorists blamed for it! They showing us man catching birds and putting them in to bags, they wearing some biological suit... And beside them running kids wearing casual clothes.... if there was real danger would that be allowed?! I doubd it!
    You are a Dickhead!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Latvia/Ireland
    Posts
    60

    Re: Bird Flu - no scam here! This is a must read!

    Quote Originally Posted by catch-22
    You are a Dickhead!
    Nope its just you! If youre not able to prove your opinion and just capable to slag people for their opinion!
    DEAD GIRLS DON'T SAY - NO !

Similar Threads

  1. Taliban Swiftboats Bird Dog
    By conserv4ever in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-07-2014, 07:31 PM
  2. Big Bird Commercial
    By Administrator in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM
  3. A bird sh..ts on GW live
    By cigs645 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 04:30 AM
  4. Bird Flu Scam
    By toni51 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
  5. Bird Flu: Yet Another Bush Crime Gang Scam?
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
$100, 000, 2012, action, active, add, administration, advice, age, agendas, ages, agreement, ain, alcohol, alert, allowed, american, animal, another, approved, article, ation, attacks, attempts, attention, avia, avoid, aware, bad, bags, based, bed, bet, better, big, bigger, birds, bit, blood, body, book, break, brilliant, bringing, bull, bur, buried, buster, buy, called, case, catch, caught, caused, cell, cer, chance, cheese, chicken, chris, christian, citizens, clo, clothes, coming, comments, con, concerned, condi, connection, contributed, countries, country, crash, crying, dam, damage, damn, dangerous, date, day, dea, death, deep, demons, des, devastating, develop, didn, disease, dna, doesn, domination, don, donald, dow, drink, dry, due, earth, effective, entire, environment, europe, event, exercise, face, facing, fail, fails, faith, fall, family, farms, favor, fda, fear, fears, fec, fed, forgot, fresh, future, good, grand, greatest, group, guaranteed, guys, had, hand, hands, head, heard, hell, hes, hey, hidden, high, higher, his, huge, huma, human, humans, hurricanes, ial, imagine, ime, immune, important, index, industry, infected, info, int, inter, interest, involves, ion, isn, ist, joke, junk, killed, kills, kind, latest, lead, liberal, limited, line, link, lis, listen, lobbyists, long, lot, mad, main, mainstream, making, manager, mankind, market, mass, matter, mea, measure, media, medical, meet, mess, million, millions, monitor, more, morning, move, nation, need, needed, neo, news, news media, nigh, night, normal, nos, onli, online, only, order, pandemic, panic, paper, paranoid, part, party, payer, pays, person, phil, piano, place, plane, point, poor, pop, pos, post, posted, potential, poverty, powerful, preparing, prescription, prevent, price, primary, produce, profit, propaganda, proper, protect, prove, public, putting, quick, quickly, quote, rains, read, ready, real, reason, reasons, remember, rescue, respect, response, responsible, rise, risk, run, safe, scam, scared, scenario, scheduled, scientists, screwed, season, sec, section, seizures, select, sell, sense, serve, share, sho, short, shot, shouldn, show, shut, shut up, simply, small, smoke, sooooo, sorry, sounds, source, spanish, spread, star, stay, staying home, stock, stream, street, stupid, sufferers, survive, sweet, system, systems, taken, takes, targeted, tea, they, thread, threatens, threats, time, today, tomorrow, tor, totally, trac, turkey, type, types, ufos, ugly, url, usa, usual, view, virus, waiting, wall, wall street, war, ward, warned, wars, watch, watched, watching, water, wearing, western, wide, wolf, won, working, world, worse, worst, wrong, www, year, years, yrs

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •