+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Anybody Ever Heard of Coupon Canada?

I just began looking at Coupon Canada, or www.couponwork.com, and am wondering if anybody has ever had any experience with this biz.

Thanks!

Re: Has Anybody Ever Heard of Coupon Canada?

I was looking at this today. Did you manage to find anything out?

Just read it -it is a complete joke. Don't you think you should be very, very concerned that they can't type or spell??? After all, these would be the people you expect to send you a cheque, right? Love those "?" where a " ' " is supposed to be. (Have a look at your keyboard if you think this is an easy mistake). Wonder what your cheque will look like?

Pay to the order of # X^+ smith'; the amount of $ @#/.237 dollars and absolutely "no sense".

I'm no expert but, in the past months that I have been researching, these poorly produced "cookie-cutter" scam sites are nearly identical! I think the real money is in selling multiple copies of the same crappy website script to the scam artists. But, then again, you may have trouble cashing that cheque, too.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by itcouldbme
    I was looking at this today. Did you manage to find anything out?
    Well,

I am trying to find a phone number to call a postal address. And if you order online, there is no SSL 128bit security. The web site is not secure to purchase this.

I am on the lookout myself about them. Work is not easy to do to get money.

:rolleyes:

Coupon Canada is definitely a scam! -I know from firsthand experience. In November I researched this company and could find nothing about it anywhere, and the BBB had no complaints against them in the three years they had been in business. So, I decided to take a chance and sent them my money-I did not expect to make any fortune, and certainly not as much as they were proclaiming. But, I thought that if I put in quite a bit of time and effort, I could make some money . Big mistake!

On their website, and on the introductory info that they mail to you (which is the same), there is absolutely no mention of the fact that YOU will have to gather the coupons to be submitted. And you will get paid 10% of the face value of the coupons that you submit-if the coupons meet with the satisfaction of CC - expiry dates, condition, properly submitted, etc. etc. also, if the value of the coupons submitted is less than $10, they will not send payment.

They have a "money-back" guarantee -after you have submitted 10 worksheets, if you are not happy (!?) send back their materials, and they will refund your money -yeah, sure!

Besides the fact that they totally misrepresented themselves on their website and in their introductory mail, it is nearly impossible to make any money whatsoever trying to collect enough coupons to mail them.
    To mail them enough coupons to just make over the minimum $10, you have to send them over $100 worth of coupons! and the cost of mailing them would probably be at least another $3-5! That is if your coupons were accepted as satisfactory, and if you ever were paid for them!

Check out Coupon Canada now on the Better Business Bureau site- they now have about four complaints registered against CC in the last six months -too bad for me that these complaints weren't registered when I looked them up last fall.

So, everyone, pleased be warned!

Sadder - sorry to hear of your dilema - lodge a complaint with BBB of your own. It can't hurt. The fact that there is NO information on a company does not indicate anything - in fact it should be a warning sign. Was this company a BBB member for three years? - or in business 3 years - member for a lesser period of time? (I noticed another "opportunity" discussed on this forum that claimed years in business - but the BBB report indicated their membership only 1 month ago - with a satifactory rating since no complaints had been received.
    Can you expand on what the "plan" is? Most coupons have "no cash value" so where does the money come from? Merchants and stores are required to prove they have purchased sufficient inventory for reimbursement of coupons. Since they only receive the value of the coupon and sometimes a small "inconvenience fee" for handling them, I can't see where there would be a way to turn them into cash. Is there a market to sell them?

Hi Linda,
    Coupon Canada has been in business for 3 years, but was not/is not a member of the BBB. Yes, I realized that didn't mean much (that there was no claim against them, although I did see a lot of claims against Greenwave Marketing and all its related companies and scams from Winnipeg) but I thought maybe it was because they were a little more on the up and up since no one had filed complaints against them... My timing was a little off-if I had waited a couple months, I would have seen some complaints filed. I am planning on reporting my case to the BBB -first I had to give CC the chance to refuse to give me my refund -which of course they did.

In their inital info, CC makes it sound like they supply all the coupons and you are to sort and process them and return them-I thought that they must be some kind of clearing house. I looked up on the Internet about coupon clearinghouses, and although there is some mechanization, most is still done by hand.

I never sent in any coupons to them, (firstly because I could see no money in it the way they have it set up and having to go around ripping off coupons from the local stores, and secondly because I doubt that they would pay if the coupons are sent to them). Upon looking at more info, I found out that it is actually illegal to sell these coupons to other people -so I don't really see how Coupon Canada can get reimbursed for them. So what I think the rest of the scam is - they have another deal, where you send another $29.97 for a membership in some other home working scam where you give away free grocery certificates that they supply. No doubt these are the same coupons that have been sent in by suckers like "moi." What else could it be? This is the only way I can see them being able to turn the coupons into cash. Pretty slick- getting shafted with your own sword if you fell for the second scam as well!

I knew full well when I sent my money that it could likely be a scam, so I guess I got what I deserved - doesn't make it any easier to swallow though. And I plan to do what I can to warn others so that they don't get sucked in. When I was investigating CC before I sent my money, I could find absolutely nothing about them, but now I see many people inquiring about this company on the Internet -I hope they heed any advice they see.

Sadder, As my kids would say - "you da bomb". My understanding of this phrase is that it means - You are "it" - the one with the information (and the power). Your research into this matter is to be admired! Don't beat yourself up over being conned into sending your money to these cons - get revenge. Lend your experience to others. Sound the alarm when you hear of a similar scam, and never stop questioning.

Thanks Linda,
    That is just what I plan to do -spread the word. I think I will get plenty of revenge that way, and by contacting the BBB as well.

Sadder - I would be glad to help - if I can. Do you have any of the "application" for reimbursement material or anything beyond the websit info? The companies issuing the coupons they "do" honor and Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada may be very interested. Just a thought.

Hi Linda,
    All I have in the way of "application" for reimbursement is the page in the pamphlet that they sent - that is how incredibly cheap the whole affair is - you actually have to photocopy the page from their booklet if you send them in coupons-that is your processing worksheet!
    You are right about Consumer and Corporate affairs- that is a possible avenue to explore. However, I think that Coupon Canada is pretty clever in that respect - I think that it would be very hard to prove anything, as I think they are using the coupons sent in by the group in Scam"A" to hand out to the next group in the purchasers of their other scam"B" - maybe CC does not turn in any (or many) for actual reimbursement. Although it states on all coupons that they are not to be resold, etc. how would the people receiving them in Scam"B" know? or care, for that matter.
    Thanks for your suggestions - if you have any other thoughts on the matter, I would welcome them.

a short note aside - on companies that put out these coupons - I think that the ones that supply the Internet coupons are wise to these scammers, as mostly you cannot download multiples of the same coupons, and a lot of these sites will mail a sample to you instead.

Yes.My neice is waiting 4 her first cheque.I also am about 2 send in my submission form.Hope it all goes well.Thats all I know.Joye

I wish you good luck Joye. Although I had considered making some coupon submissions so that I could get my refund back, I didn't send in any -as I thought that the chances of them paying for the submissions, or paying in full, was probably pretty slim.

May I ask, if you don't mind, where did you obtain most of your coupons? I live in a small town and I would literally have to 'steal' loads of coupons from my local stores in order to send in any number of coupons. As for the Internet sites, most are for USA customers only, and one coupon per customer. Just wondering if you were able to fare better? Has it taken you long to collect them? I think it would take me months to collect enough to make the $10 minimum! Just the cost of postage to send the coupons in is a deterrent to me.

Did you check their Hold List as well? It never seems to change-well, certainly not weekly - I think that it has changed once in about three months.

How long has your niece been waiting for payment?

Hope to hear back from you.

Hey, I'm wondering, I just went to this site, and before they even give let you see anything, they ask for personal information, anyone here know what they do with that stuff? I didn't bother registering or giving them any money, but I can't help but worry a little as to what they'll do with my email and phone number. Anyone know? I guess I just need some help putting my mind at ease with it, don't ask, I worry too much about certain things.

Hi Varlivius,
    I'm not sure if I know exactly what you are referring to as the personal info - do you mean the boxes where they ask for name, phone no. and email? You do NOT need to fill that in - Leave it all blank, and just hit the pink box where it says "Submit for details" -it will take you to the next page. if that doesn't work, try this link - http://www.couponwork.com/contact.php.

BE WARNED -whatever you will read on that website is misleading and deceitful. Nowhere on that info do they say that YOU will have to supply all the coupons! That is what it is all about. Filling the coupon worksheets out is minor! Instead they go on and on about filling out the worksheets. They will only pay 10% of the face value of the coupons you submit -and you have to submit them exactly as they specify, and you have to submit at least $100 worth of coupons each time to get $10, because they will not send you payment for less than $10. and their moneyback guarantee is like everything else they claim -bogus! Coupon Canada is a scam and you will likely lose your money. Please read my previous posts here about their deceitful practises (as I'm sure that noone wants to read my repititious railings again.) :)
    Last edited by SadderButWiserNow; 03-01-2006 at 05:48 AM.

Yeah, I was referring to those boxes, see, I accidentaly filled them out, and I'm just wondering what they'll do with that stuff. I didnt' register to these people, and I don't plan to, I'm just wondering what they'll do with my phone number and email address.