+ Reply to Thread

War protesters protest at soldiers' funerals

Yep, that's right! War protesters are actually protesting at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Must be another case of misguided libruls.

We = Westboro Baptist Church?! & other VERY weird things
    by BenGoshi
    Sun Jan 15, 2006 at 09:45:11 PM PDT

Oh this is depressing! 9:00 local "Fox 6 News" Birmingham, Alabama. Lead story is on how the "Patriot Guard Riders" (a nationwide motorcycle club) will be attending a funeral in Talledega, Alabama later this week: for a soldier killed in Iraq. The Patriot Guard Riders go to the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq "at the families' requests" to act as a "buffer" between the grieving families and "protesters." One of the Rider's members said, very articulately, "no matter what your politics are or feelings are about the war, you should respect these families and let them grieve in peace." Check them out here:

http://www.patriotguard.org/

This story struck me as very wierd in that I've never heard of anybody, anywhere protesting the funeral of a Soldier or Marine killed in Iraq. I mean, who would do such a sick thing??? No one who comes to this site.

Stay with me, it gets very strange . . .

* BenGoshi's diary :: ::

So, the story continues on good old local Fox 6 News

http://www.wbrc.com/...

(by the way, nationwide contact will freakd them, so wait till you read this entire diary, then contact 'em. Really.)

According to the story, the family of the slain soldier that the Riders are going to protect has "heard" that there may be protesters at this week's funeral, so they invited the riders to attend.

Now what's striking me as weird by this time is that there's no actual accusation that any such funeral in Alabama has been sullied or disrupted by any "protest". Nothing. Just the word of this Riders spokesperson that it "has happened" elsewhere in the country. Ohhhhh, kay, then.

Then, this is where it gets really, really surreal, the report says "groups" have protested these funerals, including the Westboro Baptist Church out of Kansas. Yes, people, that Westboro Baptist Church: "God Hates ***s" and all that wierd and demented claptrap:

http://www.godhates***s.com/...

http://www.godhates***s.com/

Your heads spinning, yet?

So, I actually go to these hate site (just above) and, LOW AND BEHOLD, these nuts are protesting slain soldiers' funerals!!!

pdf alert:

http://www.godhates***s.com/...

Now, mind you, I found this out as I'm writing this diary. What the Fox 6 News 9:00 p.m. story said was:

"Protesters"

and spokesperson saying:

"Even if you're against the war . . ."

NOTE: the Westboro Baptist Church is saying the war is GOOD because God is killing Americans because we've all "given the country over to ***s". Yup.

So, I call Fox 6 News and get ahold of a Producer (just a little while ago) and say, "Look, this story's very misleading. I've never heard of anybody protesting at a funeral in Alabama and apparently you have no evidence that that's ever really taken place, right?"

Producer: "Well, we said it was based on what the family 'heard'."

Me: "Fine, but that doesn't answer my point that the implication was (and, indeed, it was) that 'anti-war' groups have been 'protesting' at these funerals in Alabama and these families now need 'protection' -- but you offered no solid information to support this assertion. Then you mention this Westboro Baptist Church and don't bother to mention that it's a Radical Right Wing outfit!"

Producer: "Sputter, sputter, sputter . . . but we say in the 'package' that the family heard that protesters might be there! And, the 'package' said . . .

Me: "Ma'am, it doesn't matter what your 'package' says, what matters is how it comes across in the living rooms of your station's viewers."

-- click --

She hung up on me.

So, I call right back and get the nice phone answerer person and ask her for the Newsroom Manager's (Director's, whatever) name to talk with in the morning: Mike. So, I say, "Thanks" and that I'll just take this up with "Mike" in the morning.

Well, a little while ago (10:00 News) Fox 6 News runs the story again, this time saying that a "Radical hate group out of Kansas" may protest, which was a little better, but, of course, they just couldn't bring themselves to report the TRUTH:

1 This is an outfit who's message is they'r glad the soldier died as a demonstration of "God's wrath" against "American ***s", and . . .

2 This is a hard core Right Wing group.

Well, there you have it folks: Fox 6 News in Birmingham has now conflated the Westboro Baptist Church with those who mourn this senseless war and the loss of our brothers and sisters killed in it.

Please feel free to contact good ol' Fox 6 News and let them know, politely, (with no swear words, please), but firmly, that they need to work on how they present their news.

Was this weird, and tragic, or what?

BenGoshi

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/1/15/234511/416

Re: War protesters protest at soldiers' funerals

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Yep, that's right! War protesters are actually protesting at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Must be another case of misguided libruls.
    WBC about them page: http://www.godhatesf*gs.com/main/aboutwbc.html

Quote Originally Posted by WBC
    Established in 1955 by Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas still exists today as an Old School (or, Primitive) Baptist Church. See the WBC Monograph. In short, we adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery, sodomy), and insist that the doctrines of grace be taught publicly to all men. These doctrines of grace were well summed up by John Calvin in his 5 points of Calvinism: Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints. Although these doctrines are almost universally hated today, they were once loved and believed. For example, Augustine (one of the early Church fathers), Martin Luther (the founder of the Lutheran Church), John Knox (the founder of the Presbyterian Church), Augustus Toplady (hymnist and leader in the Episcopal Church), Charles Spurgeon (a well-known preacher), and John Leland (who was partially responsible for our First Amendment in the United States) are just a few examples of people who have advanced these ideas. Please see The Doctrine of Absolute Predestination by Jerom Zanchius and our MEMO ON THE CHURCH. Most of the major Confessions of Faith throughout the history of the New Testament Church have also advanced these ideas. So, even though the Arminian lies that "God loves everyone" and "Jesus died for everyone" are being taught from nearly every pulpit in this generation, this hasn't always been the case. In fact, if you are in a Church that supposedly believes the Bible, and you are hearing these lies, then your church has apostatized. If you are interested in this subject, we encourage you to do some independent research on the history of the Church from Adam to now and, more importantly, we encourage you to carefully read the entire Bible.

WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FeGS, FiGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FoGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FuGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FeGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FiGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FoGS, FuGS DOOM NATIONS, etc.

Perceiving the modern militant homosexual movement to pose a clear and present danger to the survival of America, exposing our nation to the wrath of God as in 1898 B.C. at Sodom and Gomorrah, WBC has conducted over 22,000 such demonstrations since June, 1991, at homosexual parades and other events (including funerals of impenitent sodomites, like Matthew Shepard). WBC teams have picketed all over the United States, and internationally (including Canada, Jordan and Iraq). The unique picketing ministry of Westboro Baptist Church has received international attention, and WBC believes this gospel message to be this world's last hope.

For more information about WBC, feel free to attend one of our weekly church meetings. We are located at 3701 W. 12th Street in Topeka, KS. Regular service time is 11:30 a.m. (Central time).
    I didn't see where they call themselves a right wing group like the daily chaos suggested. They actually sound more closely related to the KKK. Most KKK are democrats because of the socialized "group think" structure. This is absolutely an intolerant bunch of sickies and protesting the funerals is dead wrong, whatever their personal politics.

Hi Raider,
    I'm certain they were labeled 'right wing' because of their extreme conservative religious views. Either way... extreme views, be they 'left' or 'right' are just that... extreme and should be avoided like the plague. These guys are first-rate whackos.

BTW, the new horse is adapting well... thanks :)

cheers,
    Paul

I went to their web sight and did a little reading. They believe what they believe that’s for sure. They are very literal in their interpretation of the Bible. They seem to believe the word of God revolves around them; their reason for thanking God for the mine disasters is the result of 500 West Virginians threatening some of their missionaries. While they do back up every thing they say with Bible verses, they rely mostly on the Old Testament and seem to overlook the teachings of Jesus Christ and the New Testament. There can be no doubt that in Old Testament days Jehovah dealt much harsher with sinners than he did after he came in flesh as Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    WBC about them page: http://www.godhatesf*gs.com/main/aboutwbc.html

I didn't see where they call themselves a right wing group like the daily chaos suggested. They actually sound more closely related to the KKK. Most KKK are democrats because of the socialized "group think" structure. This is absolutely an intolerant bunch of sickies and protesting the funerals is dead wrong, whatever their personal politics.

Socialized Group Think "Democrats" On The March.... / Raider In Deep Thought
    Last edited by dante; 01-24-2006 at 04:23 AM.

Let's not forget the scumbags protesting at soldiers funerals who DON'T belong to this group...funerals, hospitals...anyplace they can inflict the most pain on the families of heroes. And...oh, yeah...they ARE "libruls"...of course.