+ Reply to Thread

Secret Shopper scams/legit ones

I'm wondering if any secret shopper places are legit--obviously some aren't scams, because people come to my work from various companies every once in awhile.. but I know some have to be crap.. like I thought Corland Mystery Shop looked good, then I found a report on ripoff.com about them not offering any jobs and not even sending the free gift card they promise. Either way, it costs to join them x_x and I'm very wary of putting my money down. Anyone with decent info?

Re: Secret Shopper scams/legit ones

Just the fact that they wanted you to pay them is a big tip off that they are not legit. Mystery shopping is not a scam and can be a lot of fun. There is a list of legit mystery shopping companies on my website which can be found by following the link in my profile here.
    Another thing. You do not have to be "certified" to mystery shop :)

i was just invited to be amystery shopper for my credit union. i have to fill out a form once a month and they give me $10 or $20 deposited into my acct, depending on what I have to do. they just sent me a letter telling me I could join.

I've done mystery shopping also. But it was about 10 years ago. Before the internet was talking about it. I didn't make alot, but it was fun. One of the things I had to do was to watch movie trailers and fill out forms and send them back. I got to watch the movies free. I don't remember what they paid me, but it was fun. I also had to do surveys at my local (Texaco) oil change place. I got the oil changed, paid, went home and filled out a survey. They paid me a few bucks plus my money back for the oil change. I don't remember the name of the company, but I know there are some legit ones out there. Good luck and have fun.

I have done Mystery Shopping for a company called "DSG Mystery Shopping" ... it was actually "Exit Interviews" and not actual shopping. Basically, you stand outside the door of a store and ask the patrons questions after they have visited. I was in charge of a few Cingular stores when AT&T Purchased them.

You can find out more at dsgservices.com - when I did it several times last year, the pay was $40 for 2 hours of standing outside a door. It was fun, but I certainly wouldn't recomend it in the winter ... $40 for freezing isn't worth it.

Oh, and if you ever find a "Mystery Shopping" company that makes YOU PAY THEM - its a SCAM.

Jason

I saw a link to this site on Yahoo! (was an ad) about secret shopping so I decided to check it out.(http://retailreportcard.producttestp...0/register.php)

The main page is all about pick a store to shop with money we give you and get a free laptop too. But then on the next page after the survey questions it says to do some promotions and get a $1000 GC. I havent signed up with any real information yet just checking it out and wondering if anyone else has done this.

Hey papa - Check out this thread that I started on RetailReportCard.com.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...ReportCard.com