+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Free Plasma is a MONITOR not TV

I'm so disappointed but EFG and the other "sony 42'' plasmas" are actually confirmed to be a Plasma monitor not a TV. There is no Tv tuner built in and no coaxial input. This is after calling and confirming with YFDirect the model number for the Plasma Monitor. Therefore, to actually function as a tv you must convert the signal, and have a stand alone tuner.

this is based on the facts that rewardsvenue and EFG both use techdepot.com
    http://www.techdepot.com/pro/produc...&info=Tech#tabs

for their plasma MONITOR supply. So basically it's not a plasma tv but an oversized computer monitor.

If we get the support of those that were doing YFDirect's Sony 42 monitor to voice up, we might be able to get them to change it to an actual plasma TV

my 2cents
    Spiike

Re: Free Plasma is a MONITOR not TV

I am with you on this. I know that this is virtually free, but they shouldn't be advertising this as a plasma TV or that it has BUILT IN STEREO SPEAKERS either.

shaggz Guest

I am due to receive a Plasma Monitor in late feb, or early march. So i'll do whatever to try to get the actual Plasma TV instead of the Monitor. :)

I am in the same boat as you are Shaggz. I sent in my certs on 1/16 so that puts me into early March for my plasma. I am thinking about calling and trying to find out which model they are shipping. It SHOULD be a model that has a tv tuner built in to fulfill what they are advertising don't you think??

Why did we need another post to state the obvious? everyfreegift and marketsurveygroup both have huge posts with a lot of info, none of the info in this post is new.

I have a long ways to go, so lets hope they solve this situation soon.

But lets say we receive this monitor, what must we do to make it function properly, and what are its limitations. That link does not work, so I'm not sure what model the monitor is.

and can this display shows/movies in HDTV (and does anyone know how well)

and wow, every site has this model as being REALLY expensive. I'd definitely prefer that check.
    Last edited by Live61; 01-21-2006 at 09:27 PM.

Well here's my Free Telly from MyPremiumRewards.com and You can be damned sure you won't be hearing any complaints from me.

woot!!!

Techdepot.com fixed link
    Last edited by spiike32; 01-21-2006 at 09:30 PM.

42 inch monitors are really too big for computers. i hope they get this straightened out before i get my gift. I think if enough people complained about these "oversized monitors" then you should be able to somehow send back the monitors and get some kind of receipt saying you did and they would send a check for the amount that you were supposed to get from yfdirect for the gift.
    Marge: My name is Marge S. and I'm a Homerholic
    Otto: If you're taking Homerhol, I'll take a swig
    Marge: I'm afraid what I like can't be swallowed, sniffed or smoked
    Otto: Hmm, then you better inject it between my toes cause my mom checks my arms

Gecko Insurance
    So easy, someone barely smarter than Sarah Palin can do it!:

YF directs number (from bigwin's website but same for all yfdirect sites including EFG)
    801.316.0555 Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm PST

hey, relax, I actually own this plasma, bought it 1 year ago $1800, this is a early 2003 model which is an edtv, but the quality of this plasma is much better than other edtvs in the same price range, after buying a new TV TUNER(which the sony does not have), The tv channels is very clear. This tv is a really good tv.
    If you get this tv, and you just planning to watch local channels, just buy a HDTV TUNER and A HDTV ANTENNA.

If you have cable, than you dont need to buy anything, because your cable box is actually a antenna.

BTW: this tv doesn't include a speaker, so you better have a home theater is you plan to have Surround sound. And I just hope you all dont complain, because since this is a discontinued model, this is what companies is trying to get rid of, ther is no way they are gonna change you a different model with a TV TUNER, the tuner is only needed is you watch local channels, and tuner cost only 150 at some place.

Good luck to you all!
    Last edited by afatcandy; 01-21-2006 at 09:39 PM.

Wow I didn't know that the HD Cable boxes served as HDTuners, that's great.

The only problem I see with this is it doesn't have component video inputs.

Anyone know where I can get a decent price on a MOUNT? help!

ETA: stop being dumb and complaining about free stuff. or I will hate at you!!
    Last edited by LucaBella; 01-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.

Anyone know how much these are selling for on the secondary markey (eBay, Craigslist)?

Live61: it does have it. Connector Type 1 x component video input

LucaBella: congrats on your new plasma, looks really hot, I got most of my LCD and plasma mounts from here http://mountsandmore.com , very good price, I got myself a floor stand mount, and it looks beatiful.

Gigante Guest

Don't know if this makes a difference, but the monitor was $1699 and is now $2000. They could get a MUCH better TV for that price. There are 42" Plasma HDTV for under $2k.