+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wholsalers

Wholsalers

Anyone know of some good wholesalers, i need to make money and ebay seems good but i cant find any legit wholesalers?

Re: Wholsalers

Quote Originally Posted by foretwoone
    Anyone know of some good wholesalers, i need to make money and ebay seems good but i cant find any legit wholesalers?
    You can make some good money by selling that information if you find one. The people that have good Wholesale connections are not going to tell you what they are. You would technically be their competition on ebay which is very cut throat. I would suggest googling wholesale companies and doing the leg work yourself. That seems to be the advice I see on other boards and in the ebay forums. Good luck.

Matt

A word of advice if you're planning on selling on Ebay. Don't deal with dropshipping companies. I made this mistake when I first started listing products on Ebay. and it cost me both money and grief. Ebay is oversaturated with thousands of people trying to sell the same items through dropshippers, none of em selling. The competition on Ebay is fierce. Items that are supposed to be wholesale priced through the dropshippers are marked up to retail levels combine this with outrageous shipping fees, additional dropship fees, Ebay listing fees, Paypal fees and you can quickly see that you cannot compete with folks who are actually buying from legitimate wholesalers. Many of them actually don't stock any products but when you order from them they order your products from another dropship company, Someone you don't even know and have no contact information with. Would you really want to stake your business reputation on counting on whether or not someone you don't even know ships your merchandise to your customers in a timely manner? Also many of these companies calling themselves wholesale dropshippers charge a membership or subscription fee before allowing you to see their product lines or pricing information. They know that if you saw this info beforehand that you would realize you couldn't sell their stuff at competitive prices. If you're looking for a real wholesale supplier first decide what type of products you want to market then do some searches looking for, Wholesale distributers of, Electronics,Power tools etc... whatever the product is that you want to sell. You'll find sites of letgitimate wholesale suppliers of these products this way. Some of the wholesalers offer dropship services but most will charge extra fees for this and many of them prefer not to dropship. A legitimate wholesaler will ask for your reseller tax ID prior to opening a wholesale account for you. Few of the legitimate wholesalers will ask for a membership or subscription fee, the subscription fee is usually a tip off that you're dealing with a scammer site. Some wholesalers will want to run a credit check before issueing a line of credit. Many of them do offer a 30 day line of credit to those who qualify. Many wholesalers require minimum purchase ammounts rather than selling you individual items. One of the most important things to do before selling on Ebay is Research, research your market find out first if the market is oversaturated with a product you're thinking of selling, research and find out actual retail values of the product before listing, don't take anyones word on suggested MSRP especially a dropshippers word as often they will inflate MSRP's as much as 250% sometimes even higher. research and know enough about your product to be able to anwser customers questions. Before listing to sell on Ebay or other auction sites spend some time on those sites. Most of them have discussion forums for new sellers.There is a wealth of information on those forums. If I had spent just a day or two reading through the newbie seller forums on Ebay I could have saved myself a lot of money and headaches. I'd be very cautious of anyone trying to sell you Ebay marketing information packets as this information is allready available free to users of Ebay. as someone allready stated most Ebayers would be reluctant to give away their source of suppliers not wanting to give this info out to a competitor. However sources of legitimate wholesalers are out there you just need to search them out.

Thanks MWeber, one thing im curious about, whats a reseller tax thingy, lol. I've never heard of it so where do i get one, and what does it do?

You're welcome foretwoone: A reseller tax ID number is issued when you get your state business license. Basically what this reseller ID does is prove to the wholesalers that you're a legitimate licensed business and not an individual trying to buy their products at wholesale also it protects them from selling products without charging state sales taxes as wholesalers they aren't required to charge sales tax when selling to retailers. Aslo with a reseller ID you're not paying state sales taxes on merchandise that you buy from the wholesaler not until you sell this merchandise do you pay state sales taxes. Real wholesale companies won't do business with anyone unless they can provide business license information and reseller ID numbers. In my State my reseller ID is my State Business License number.

Agreed, MWeber.

No legitimate wholesale distributor will do business with a company unless they provide SOME form of tax identification. It isn't always the state Reseller permit (as certain states do not have Reseller Permit programs or sales tax, for that matter). However, in those cases, either a Federal Tax ID (EIN) or SSN (Social Security Number) is required.

There aren't any exceptions to this rule. Any organization operating under another premise simply isn't abiding by law!

Just a little bit of information. I would not to be to fast to speak negative about drop shipping unless you really know you are speaking about. I went from a rookie to a power seller in under 60 days on ebay without touching a single item. We did about 300 transactions a month and are using a dozen drop shippers. In December I had a few negatives but it was my fault not any of the companies. I'm not going to tell you any of the companies that I use but will NEVER EVER do dumpster diving-stand in lines at the post office or any of the other ebay stuff that I did before.

The great thing is that none of the companies charge me a penny to join their program.

Be open-minded about things. There seems to be a guy on here who is a "Fricken expert" on dropshipping and I bet he hasn't drop shipped a single item. If you want more info my email address is bobschroeder@fuse.net and I won't try to sell you anything--Just answer a few questions.

Bob

Good Morning,

Here is a web site for people who are interested in drop shipping

http://www.dropship-review.com

The web site gives you a honest view about dropshipping and give comparisions to the top companies on the internet. So please judge for yourself. This web site save me lots of money, time and problems.

I am in the middle when it comes to dropshipping. I personally have had good and bad experiences. However please keep the following in mind:

1. Some people on the internet make good money using dropshippers anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 a month, but they work at and it is a full time job. They primarily make there money send traffic to there web site and follow a step by step marketing plan. So the good news yes you can make money but it takes work, planning and a good marketing company if you need it.

2. Now the bad.... there are also people who use dropshippers who don't make money. This reference is to ebay. It is very hard to make money on ebay using dropshippers because you cannot compete against other sellers who are selling the same products you are for 25% to 50% less you are selling it for. This doesn't include you paying for Ebay & PayPal Fees. In short you lose money than make any. I know because I talking from experience. I am ebay seller you uses drop shippers and I have made some sales, but I also have lost lots money as well.

So this what I want to say to anybody interesting in dropshipping:

a) Sell on the Internet void Ebay to start.

b) Selling on the Internet takes money, time and effort to make a good living at.

c) Please check out this web site that I mention above. This will help you in regards to drop shipping. I simply want people to make an informed decision before they get into something they are not sure.

I hope this helps.