+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

SHOCKING!!! AIRSTRiKES KILLED TERRORISTS

To the chagrin of anti-Americans everywhere, it turns out that the Pakistan airstrike targeted and killed TERRORISTS. Who'd a thunk it? As usual, with no attempt at verification, any kind of bad news is gleefully reported by our gutless, verminous press scum(and glommed onto and celebrated by child-like liberals). You think this will get the same level of hysterical coverage? In a word...no.

Pakistan: Terrorists Killed in U.S. Strike

From Associated Press
    January 17, 2006 10:46 PM EST
    PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Pakistani provincial authorities said Tuesday four or five foreign terrorists were killed in the purported U.S. missile strike that has severely strained relations with this Muslim nation, a key ally in President Bush's war on terror.
    Last edited by pwrone; 01-18-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Re: SHOCKING!!! AIRSTRiKES KILLED TERRORISTS

What would be "shocking" would be if they didn't claim "terrorists" had been killed.

In the first official confirmation by Pakistani authorities that militants were killed, the administration of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan said in a statement Tuesday that the four or five bodies of "foreign terrorists," who were among 10 to 12 extremists attending the dinner, were taken away "by their companions." It did not identify the dead militants. -- AP

U.S. intelligence sources said Tuesday that they were increasingly certain a missile strike in Pakistan on Friday had failed to kill Ayman Zawahiri, second in command of al Qaeda, but regional officials in Pakistan said the attack had killed four or five other foreign Islamic extremists who were attending a dinner in a village near the Afghan border.

The Pakistani report bolstered earlier U.S. assertions of strong pre-strike intelligence that a group of al Qaeda figures was in the immediate area. But political condemnation and confusion continued in Pakistan over the CIA-ordered strike, in which 13 to 18 civilians, including women and children, were also reported to have died.
    - Washington Post

LOL, 4 or 5 terrorists and 18 civilians in a small village. And from which 6-8 terrorists got away? Maybe you should make an attempt to "verify" all your facts before you gleefully report good news? Oh it's getting the same kind of coverage pwrone, but for some reason 18 innocent deaths weigh more than 4 or 5 terrorist deaths.
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-pak18.html

http://www.washtimes.com/world/20060...4017-8500r.htm

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...7F6B7EDA54.htm

Pakistanis: Air strike killed 4 or 5 terrorists

January 18, 2006

BY RIAZ KHAN

PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- Pakistani provincial authorities said Tuesday that four or five foreign terrorists were killed in the purported U.S. missile strike that has severely strained relations with this Muslim nation, a key ally in President Bush's war on terror.

Despite the importance of ties with the United States, attacks inside Pakistan ''cannot be condoned,'' Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz said on the eve of a trip to Washington. ''Pakistan has committed to fighting terrorism, but naturally we cannot accept any action within our country which results in what happened over the weekend,'' Aziz said of the missile strike Friday in the border village of Damadola.

Eighteen residents also were killed in the strike, the provincial government said Tuesday.

Al-Zawahri death not ruled out

Pakistani intelligence officials have said the target of the attack was al-Qaida's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, who they said was invited to a dinner celebrating an Islamic holiday in the village but sent aides instead. But U.S. counterterrorism officials have not ruled out that Osama bin Laden's chief lieutenant was killed in the attack.

In the first official confirmation by Pakistani authorities that militants were killed, the administration of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan said in a statement that the four or five bodies of ''foreign terrorists'' were taken away ''by their companions.''

A Pakistani intelligence official said authorities did not know the nationalities of the foreigners who were killed. The dead militants were among 10 to 12 extremists at the dinner.

But a counterterrorism official said several of those killed were believed to be Egyptian. AP

Let the "justifying" begin:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ationworld-hed

Message to "Innocent" civilians:

Don't invite A-Q to dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    To the chagrin of anti-Americans everywhere, it turns out that the Pakistan airstrike targeted and killed TERRORISTS. Who'd a thunk it? As usual, with no attempt at verification, any kind of bad news is gleefully reported by our gutless, verminous press scum(and glommed onto and celebrated by child-like liberals). You think this will get the same level of hysterical coverage? In a word...no.

Pakistan: Terrorists Killed in U.S. Strike

From Associated Press
    January 17, 2006 10:46 PM EST
    PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Pakistani provincial authorities said Tuesday four or five foreign terrorists were killed in the purported U.S. missile strike that has severely strained relations with this Muslim nation, a key ally in President Bush's war on terror.

Typical right-wing war-lover garbage. Gleefully accusing others of what they themselves are guilty.

umdkook Guest

ahhah pwrone u are amazing..

first off, its just as easy for officials to claim "terrorists" got killed as it is the other side to say "women and children" got killed.

Then you find out the "innocent children" really had 5 pounds of explosives under their shirt, and the "terrorits" simply had an AK-47, which over there is like having a drivers license here.

it will never end, terrorists will die, innocents will die, more bombings, more suicide bombings, airstrikes, roadside bombs, its all the same-----**** wont stop until we get the hell out...

its not a bad thing to say"ok ive had enough, u "win"

what would "they" be winning if the US pulled out military forces in these areas???

they would win nothing except pride, but at least theyd stop bombing us, themselves, everyone else in the area

umdkook Guest

o just to set things strate with my views, i LOVE wat, but real war, not this terrorist apprehension BS.

this is not war, this is nonsense.

How many more choppers are gonna crash in the desert (cause we all know the military doesnt go more than 3 weeks without a helicopter crash).

very honorable, dying in the desert for no reason (sarcasm).....its very sad i wish for our soldiers a more honorable life than what they get.

Bring em home safe, and bring em home now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider

Yeah, it is kinda ridiculous. You ARE NOT collateral damage if the terrorists are in your fvcking house. You CAN, however , be counted as a terrorist for harboring terrorists...see how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Yeah, it is kinda ridiculous. You ARE NOT collateral damage if the terrorists are in your fvcking house. You CAN, however , be counted as a terrorist for harboring terrorists...see how that works?

And these innocent victims KNEW these were terrorists? The children ran up and said "Hello Mr. Terrorist guy, are you coming to my house for dinner?" :rolleyes:

If the bible admonishes people to be careful to entertain strangers for many have entertained angels unaware, it stands to reason that if folks can't tell the difference between an angel and an average person that they just might have the same problem discerning the difference between a terrorist and just another man.

Don't you think?

Lady Mod

Intelligence Committee Senators Discuss Pakistan Airstrike
    By BRIAN KNOWLTON,
    International Herald Tribune

WASHINGTON, Jan. 15 - Senator Trent Lott, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, suggested today that the United States had missed killing a senior leader of Al Qaeda late last week by waiting too long to launch an airstrike in a remote region of Pakistan.

"There is some indication the C.I.A. has been watching the terrorists there for several days," Mr. Lott, Republican of Mississippi, said on CNN. "Maybe they should have launched the strike sooner."

American and Pakistani officials have said the airstrike, near the Afghan border, was intended to kill Ayman al-Zawahiri, the No. 2 leader of Al Qaeda. It is believed to have been carried out on Friday by a remotely piloted C.I.A. Predator aircraft armed with missiles. The Central Intelligence Agency declined to comment on any raid that might have taken place.

News reports citing local officials in Pakistan said at least 18 people were killed, many of them civilians, but not Mr. Zawahiri. Pakistan's government, an ally of the United States, strongly protested the attack, and Islamic groups in various parts of Pakistan held protest demonstrations today.

Senator Lott, a former Senate majority leader, and another member of the Intelligence Committee, Senator Evan Bayh, Democrat of Indiana, did not shrink from the CNN interviewer's premise that the raid had been carried out by a C.I.A. Predator.

While saying that more information was needed, Senator Lott said that "my information is that this strike was clearly justified by the intelligence."

Senator Bayh also expressed confidence on the CNN program that the attack had been carefully planned and based on "solid information."

"The standard of proof before an operation of that type is extraordinarily high," he said. Of the civilian casualties, he said, "It's a regrettable situation, but what else are we supposed to do?"

Asked whether the United States was likely to have alerted Pakistani officials in advance of the attack, Senator Lott said, "I have every reason to believe that there was some communication at higher levels of the government."

Senator Bayh, who is considered a potential Democratic presidential candidate in 2008, said such attacks could only be avoided if the Pakistani government gained tighter control over its border region, a rugged tribal land where some Al Qaeda figures and remnants of Afghanistan's Taliban movement have found refuge.

Senator Lott was asked if he had a problem with American authorities targeting top Al Qaeda leaders for assassination.

"I'd have a problem if we didn't do that," Mr. Lott replied sternly.

Mr. Bayh echoed that sentiment, saying, "I agree wholeheartedly."

McCain defends Pakistan airstrike
    Email Print Normal font Large font January 16, 2006 - 9:12AM

A leading Republican lawmaker has defended a purported US air strike on a Pakistani village that Islamabad says killed innocent civilians.

Senator John McCain said Americans regretted the loss of life in an attack that was apparently meant to kill Ayman al-Zawahri, al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant.

But "this war on terror has no boundaries", said McCain, who challenged US President George W Bush for the Republican nomination in 2000. "We have to go where these people are, and we have to take them out."

Anger has mounted in Pakistan over Friday's attack in the hamlet of Damadola, an ethnic Pashtun hamlet about 6 km from the border with Afghanistan. Islamic groups held nationwide protests today, with 10,000 people rallying in Karachi, Pakistan's biggest city, chanting "Death to America" and "Stop bombing against innocent people".

A senior Pakistani intelligence official said 12 bodies, including seven foreigners, had been taken from the village.

McCain said Americans "understand the anger people feel" in Pakistan, but the United States would continue to target al-Qaeda's top operatives in the region.

"The United States' priorities are to get rid of al-Qaeda, and this was an effort to do so," he said on the CBS TV program, Face the Nation. "I can't tell you that we wouldn't do the same thing again."

Counterterrorism officials in Washington have declined to comment on the air strike. A large number of al-Qaeda and Taliban combatants, including al-Zawahri and bin Laden, are believed to have taken refuge in the rugged mountains along on the Afghan-Pakistani border.

Many in Pakistan oppose Islamabad's participation in the US-led war against international terrorist groups, and there is increasing frustration over a recent series of suspected US attacks along the frontier aimed at militants.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/mcc...259968096.html

Quote Originally Posted by umdkook
    its not a bad thing to say"ok ive had enough, u "win"

what would "they" be winning if the US pulled out military forces in these areas???

they would win nothing except pride, but at least theyd stop bombing us, themselves, everyone else in the area
    You can not be serious? Do you really believe that terrorism will stop because the US backs down and leaves Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    And these innocent victims KNEW these were terrorists? The children ran up and said "Hello Mr. Terrorist guy, are you coming to my house for dinner?" :rolleyes:

If the bible admonishes people to be careful to entertain strangers for many have entertained angels unaware, it stands to reason that if folks can't tell the difference between an angel and an average person that they just might have the same problem discerning the difference between a terrorist and just another man.

Don't you think?

Lady Mod
    Lady Mod,

It is most probable that those involved in the "dinner" did not see the militants as terrorist because they are all on the same "team". Should I decide to go to dinner with top military leaders from my country or allies of my country in a war zone, there is zero chance I am taking along my son and daughter.

There is no comparison between knowing the difference between an angel and an average person and a Military person and an average person.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    You can not be serious? Do you really believe that terrorism will stop because the US backs down and leaves Iraq?
    It is up to the good to restrain evil. Even Osama is getting the message:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/...aida_bin_laden

The reason he gives for not attacking the US is because they are busy in Baghdad.

Funny thing is when Bush says it, the left says he's lying.... but they'll believe Osama...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider

You've assumed these men were actually "terrorists". Let's run with that assumption, then.

"Protected persons are entitled, in all circumstances, to respect for their persons, their honour, their family rights, their religious convictions and practices, and their manners and customs....

"No protected person may be punished for an offence he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited...." -- Geneva Convention IV,

"The presence within the civilian population of individuals who do not come within the definition of civilians does not deprive the population of its civilian character... The civilian population as such, as well as individual civilians, shall not be the object of attack." -- Geneva Protocol I

Prohibited "indiscriminate attacks" are defined, in part, as "those which employ a method or means of combat the effects of which cannot be limited as required by this Protocol; and consequently, in each such case, are of a nature to strike military objectives and civilians or civilian objects without distinction." This includes "An attack which may be expected to cause incidental loss of civilian life, injury to civilians, damage to civilian objects, or a combination thereof, which would be excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated."

This was a war crime.

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    Lady Mod,

It is most probable that those involved in the "dinner" did not see the militants as terrorist because they are all on the same "team". Should I decide to go to dinner with top military leaders from my country or allies of my country in a war zone, there is zero chance I am taking along my son and daughter.

I don't get that impression from the stories Reg. Some may have been, but not all. And CIA was watching for several days. If they were wanting to get the one man over all, they shouldn't have wasted time doing so.

Lady MOd