+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: SHOCKING!!! AIRSTRiKES KILLED TERRORISTS

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    As a patriot, I doubt the above question will be answered. To do so would be giving aid and comfort. See, this is where the winners of debate will simply keep their head held high, while the village idiots will indeed massage the ego of our enemies. If you typed that with a smile upon your face, it'll tell you which side you're on.

Phony "Patriot" Holding Head High Chanting "I won..I won"

Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Great!

a) This was a civilian home.
    b) 14-18 civilians were killed in the bombing.

Every single person in that home was A) a terrorist or B) someone harboring terrorists. Save your pity for the victims of these terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Every single person in that home was A) a terrorist or B) someone harboring terrorists.
    Says you. What were the names of the "terrorists"? What acts of "terrorism" had the "terrorists" committed?

Hmmm... I guess you dont know, do you? Yet you are so eager to pass judgment, presumably because passing judgment allows you to play apologetics for your precious Bush regime.

That's not very honorable.

Save your pity for the victims of these terrorists.
    My "pity" is with the victims of any terrorism/aggression/crime, regardless of whether they be their victims or ourvictims.

In this case, the victims were victims of our terrorism.

We can either be hypocrites or we can apply our standards of morality universally. You've chosen one way, I've chosen the other.

Says you. What were the names of the "terrorists"? What acts of "terrorism" had the "terrorists" committed?

Hmmm... I guess you dont know, do you? Yet you are so eager to pass judgment, presumably because passing judgment allows you to play apologetics for your precious Bush regime.

That's not very honorable.

My "pity" is with the victims of any terrorism/aggression/crime, regardless of whether they be their victims or ourvictims.

In this case, the victims were victims of our terrorism.

We can either be hypocrites or we can apply our standards of morality universally. You've chosen one way, I've chosen the other.
    It's a pity the American public consists of so many brain-dead, clueless, nit-wits who are willing to swallow BushCo lies and Kool-Aid so un-critically.

They have no honor. They have no minds. They are a disease.
    Last edited by dante; 01-25-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Qaeda Deputy Taunts Bush for 'Failure' in Airstrike
    By HASSAN M. FATTAH

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Jan. 30 — More than a week after the Qaeda deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri resurfaced in an audiotape posted on the Internet, Al Jazeera on Monday broadcast a video of Mr. Zawahiri berating the United States for a bombing attack on a place where he had been suspected of being, and threatening further attacks on the United States.

Mr. Zawahiri, shown wearing white robes and a white turban, said the Jan. 13 airstrike in the northeastern Pakistan village of Damadola had killed only "innocents," and called President Bush a "butcher" and a "failure" for the attack. He said the United States had lost its chance for a truce offered by Osama bin Laden in an audio recording broadcast Jan. 19 by Al Jazeera, an Arab satellite network.

"Butcher of Washington, you are not only defeated and a liar, but also a failure," he said, speaking of Mr. Bush. "You are a curse on your own nation and you have brought and will bring them only catastrophes and tragedies."

An American counterterrorism official said that the videotape "demonstrates that Al Qaeda's propaganda apparatus is still functioning."

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the rules of his government office, called Mr. Zawahiri's message "an attempt to reassure the Qaeda rank and file that he's still alive."

Thirteen villagers were killed in the strike, setting off widespread protests in Pakistan. American officials say that several Qaeda figures were among those killed, but have not determined who they were.

"The videotape proves that Ayman is closely following what is happening around him." said Mohammad Salah, Cairo bureau chief of the pan-Arab daily newspaper Al Hayat, an expert on Islamist groups.

Though the message was aired on the eve of President Bush's State of the Union address, the intelligence official said that was not necessarily intentional. Al Qaeda "operates on its own schedule, and I wouldn't read too much into the timing," he said.

Scott Shane contributed reporting from Washington for this article, and Abeer Allam from Cairo.

Hey wait just a freakin' minute!

This Zawahiri guy sounds vaguely familiar! Where have I heard this sort of speak before?

Oh....that's right: http://scam.com/showthread.php?t=8958 . Many of the posts in the link reflect the A-Q opinion to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Hey wait just a freakin' minute!

This Zawahiri guy sounds vaguely familiar! Where have I heard this sort of speak before?
    You think he sounds like Pwrone?

I don't think Pwrone is going to appreciate that comparison. :rolleyes:

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    Are you suggesting that "GOP thugs" have no idea who comes into their homes? Are you suggesting that the US is known to harbor terrorists? OR...Are you just spouting off on an issue that is a loser for you and yours? You see, most Americans hate terrorists and want them dead. We are happy when they are killed, and we are sad when innocent lives are lost. We tend to agree with the rest of the world that terrorists enjoy safe haven in Pakistan, and so our concern for those breaking bread with our enemy is dramatically diminished. In case you were wondering what Americans think....
    Of course the US must harbor terrorists. That is why Bush is wiretapping everyone's lines right ?

Quote Originally Posted by RegulationE
    It is against the law to drive 80 miles an hour as well, however when my son is in need of medical attention that law is going to mean nothing to me.

In times of war, we do what is possible within the scope of the "international laws". However, when the enemy does not play within these laws we have a couple of choices. One, we can wait until they come out of hiding, or two we can go after them where they hide.

You seem to be ok with allowing the enemy to plan and prepare within the confines of a "protected" area. I am not ok with that. When we know where they are and simply sit back and wait for them to move into another area that is not "protected" we are always going to be on the losing end of the battle.

If I were convinced the "civilians" in these areas where not part of the battle, then maybe I would see things differently. The terrorists tareted are not some run of the mill low ranking people fighting a battle. They are top operatives in al Qaeda's organization. It is one thing if Private Jones stops by my house for dinner. I may not have any idea of who they are or that they are part of the military battle taking place in my city. However, If VP Dick Cheney stops over at my house for dinner, I promise you I will know who he is and that he has a huge target over his head. My children and the rest of my family will not be having dinner with him in a battle zone.
    I think what some take issue with here is the way it was done, RegE. We have infra red night vision, snipers, sateillites, whatever else for technology, and we had to blow the house to kingdom come ? If they are truly tracking this guy, with all of the technology we have available, there is no reason to use the excessive force that was used. The fact that he still got away goes to show we need quality marksmenship, not missiles. How many snipers could be postioned to take the wanted person/people out ? with a back up division of soldiers ready to pounce on any added resistance ?

If we are to successfully take out the terrorists, we need to do it in such a way as to limit the effects of terrorism we will have on innocent civilian people. To the innocent people who died in the house, they see it differently than we do. They may have been supporting the people having dinner at their house because they are standing for what they believe in.

How are we to judge correctly who is right or wrong when both sides are standing for what they believe in, and both sides believe they are right ?

So if Osama bin Laden takes a ride on the subway, then the subway becomes a legitimate military target for military strikes?

My answer is as it was:

"The presence within the civilian population of individuals who do not come within the definition of civilians does not deprive the population of its civilian character..." -- Geneva Protocol I

Are you suggesting it would be okay to drop a bomb in a crowded neighborhood because such a "shop" was there?

Again, my reply is:

"The presence within the civilian population of individuals who do not come within the definition of civilians does not deprive the population of its civilian character..." -- Geneva Protocol I

Not according to customary international law, which says:

I don't know how you could possibly interpret this to mean, to paraphrase: "civilian areas are no longer protected when individuals who do not come within the definition of civilians are located there"

I'll stick with my interpretation.

You may continue to disregard international law and defend those who have no regard for civilians as they wage their campaigns of violence.

Imagine if Osama bin Laden were to argue the same thing you are, that civilians who happen to be in the way are legitimate targets. Your reaction would be quite predictable--and correct.

You would undoubtedly point out the gross immorality of such a declaration. And you would be right to do so.
    We should probably try to think like a terrorist for a minute. They are probably aware of the Geneva protocols, and may use the civilian areas to their advantage. This is what makes it more difficult to combat them. As I stated earlier, quality marksmenship, like snipers, would need to be used to take out the "wanted" people. Wiping out a city block to take out one or more terrorists, at the risk of civilian casualties, is not the way to do it. It can be seen as lazy, or lack of care for other human life. Maybe due to the assumption that all around that specific area are terrorists anyway.