+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 54

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    With the end of the welfare state upon us, democrats are looking at a new major voting bloc--felons. What, you thought hillary was joking? Who better to lead them into the new millenium than the folks that benefit most from liberal policies? After all, if you were a violent criminal or(especially) a child molester, who would you vote for...the people who want you put away forever, or the ones who rush to your defense?

    ************************************************** *****

    3,414 felons' rights restored
    By Christina Bellantoni
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    January 13, 2006


    RICHMOND -- Gov. Mark Warner, whose last day as Virginia's chief executive is tomorrow, ends his four-year term with the distinction of having restored the voting rights of 3,414 felons -- more than any other governor in state history and far ahead of the totals in 12 of the 13 other states that deny convicts the right to vote.
    "We have restored more voting rights than four previous governors combined," Mr. Warner told The Washington Times. "We want to encourage people to [apply] who have served their time and had some ensuing period where they had stayed out of trouble. We want to reintegrate them fully into society, and part of that means getting your voting rights back."
    Most of the restorations were granted to nonviolent offenders.
    Mr. Warner, a Democrat with presidential ambitions, has also denied 195 petitions.
    With just hours left in the outgoing governor's term, several political action groups, including MoveOn.org, are urging Mr. Warner to grant blanket restorations to more than 240,000 felons -- a request the governor will not grant, although he has not issued a formal response.
    Warner spokeswoman Ellen Qualls questioned the accuracy of the 240,000 figure. She said it is not clear how the group reached that number because it is difficult to track the number of felons who have not gotten their rights restored who are still in Virginia.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,553

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

    Excerpted from published article...
    ..."We have restored more voting rights than four previous governors combined," Mr. Warner told The Washington Times. "We want to encourage people to [apply] who have served their time and had some ensuing period where they had stayed out of trouble. We want to reintegrate them fully into society, and part of that means getting your voting rights back."
    Most of the restorations were granted to nonviolent offenders.
    Mr. Warner, a Democrat with presidential ambitions, has also denied 195 petitions.
    With just hours left in the outgoing governor's term, several political action groups, including MoveOn.org, are urging Mr. Warner to grant blanket restorations to more than 240,000 felons -- a request the governor will not grant, although he has not issued a formal response.
    Conclusion:
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    After all, if you were a violent criminal or(especially) a child molester, who would you vote for...the people who want you put away forever, or the ones who rush to your defense?
    Statement and Conclusion seem just a tad 'out of step' with each other, but suit yourself.

    Paul

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone

    Statement: Most of the restorations were granted to nonviolent offenders.

    Conclusion: After all, if you were a violent criminal or(especially) a child molester, who would you vote for...the people who want you put away forever, or the ones who rush to your defense?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM

    Statement and Conclusion seem just a tad 'out of step' with each other, but suit yourself.

    Paul
    Oh Paul, don't confuse the BOY. LOL. ;)

    Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 01-16-2006 at 04:25 AM.

  4. 01-16-2006, 05:13 AM


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    622

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone
    With the end of the welfare state upon us, democrats are looking at a new major voting bloc--felons. What, you thought hillary was joking? Who better to lead them into the new millenium than the folks that benefit most from liberal policies? After all, if you were a violent criminal or(especially) a child molester, who would you vote for...the people who want you put away forever, or the ones who rush to your defense?

    ************************************************** *****

    3,414 felons' rights restored
    By Christina Bellantoni
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    January 13, 2006


    RICHMOND -- Gov. Mark Warner, whose last day as Virginia's chief executive is tomorrow, ends his four-year term with the distinction of having restored the voting rights of 3,414 felons -- more than any other governor in state history and far ahead of the totals in 12 of the 13 other states that deny convicts the right to vote.
    "We have restored more voting rights than four previous governors combined," Mr. Warner told The Washington Times. "We want to encourage people to [apply] who have served their time and had some ensuing period where they had stayed out of trouble. We want to reintegrate them fully into society, and part of that means getting your voting rights back."
    Most of the restorations were granted to nonviolent offenders.
    Mr. Warner, a Democrat with presidential ambitions, has also denied 195 petitions.
    With just hours left in the outgoing governor's term, several political action groups, including MoveOn.org, are urging Mr. Warner to grant blanket restorations to more than 240,000 felons -- a request the governor will not grant, although he has not issued a formal response.
    Warner spokeswoman Ellen Qualls questioned the accuracy of the 240,000 figure. She said it is not clear how the group reached that number because it is difficult to track the number of felons who have not gotten their rights restored who are still in Virginia.
    Actually, voting is one of the inalienable rights alluded to in the Declaration Of Independence. Every adult should have the right to vote, regardless of their past. Far better people than this poster have served time in prison.

  6. #5
    umdkook Guest

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    hahaaha did u not read the entire article???

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Actually, voting is one of the inalienable rights alluded to in the Declaration Of Independence. Every adult should have the right to vote, regardless of their past. Far better people than this poster have served time in prison.
    Do you not think that when one perpetrates a felony against another citizen or entity, they have essentially alienated themselves? They have chosen by freewill to commit a felonious act and therefore decided not to abide with society, but in fact, juxtapositioned to it. Felons are not allowed to posses firearms, is it your position that once their debt is paid, they be allowed to do so?

    I know your answer to my second question, but I would appreciate your explanation of the reasoning why one right should be reinstated while the other should not.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by dante
    Actually, voting is one of the inalienable rights alluded to in the Declaration Of Independence. Every adult should have the right to vote, regardless of their past. Far better people than this poster have served time in prison.
    "endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, among them, LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness." Actually, voting is not addressed in the Declaration Of Independence. Bill of rights ammendments; quite possibly! But I do not think the Bill of Rights ammendments use the term inalienable as liberaly as you do. I haven't studied the voting rights acts too extensively, so I may be wrong; who knows?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Do you not think that when one perpetrates a felony against another citizen or entity, they have essentially alienated themselves? They have chosen by freewill to commit a felonious act and therefore decided not to abide with society, but in fact, juxtapositioned to it. Felons are not allowed to posses firearms, is it your position that once their debt is paid, they be allowed to do so?

    I know your answer to my second question, but I would appreciate your explanation of the reasoning why one right should be reinstated while the other should not.
    I know a couple who had a medical supply business. Because it involved Medicaire, any violation of their rules resulted in a "felony" charge. They are good God-fearing people. But the government went after them to get at somebody else, since this couple had a subsidiary of the larger guy. Nothing they had done had been wrong, but that wasn't the point. The government put their full weight into going after these two. The trial broke them. The court costs put them hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt.

    They were forced to plea-bargain. They plead guilty to the charge of, basically, bribery, based on the fact that they had included rubber gloves in shipments of medical supplies to old-folks homes. That was their crime. Because they couldn't afford to fight such a ridiculous charge, they plead guilty.

    Thus, they were branded "felons".

    The judge did the right thing.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Raider,

    As for as inalienable rights are concerned, you seem confused. The Constitution doesn't grant inalienable rights or define them. What it does is to grant and define the priveleges of the government.

    You missed the part of the Constitution, apparently, where it says ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

    That includes voting, whether it's specified or not. Unless, of course, you know anywhere in the Constitution where that inalienable right of the people was surrendered. Since the Constitution establishes a REPUBLICAN form of government, though, I think you'll have a hard time doing so, since it would be a paradox for that to be the case.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I know a couple who had a medical supply business. Because it involved Medicaire, any violation of their rules resulted in a "felony" charge. They are good God-fearing people. But the government went after them to get at somebody else, since this couple had a subsidiary of the larger guy. Nothing they had done had been wrong, but that wasn't the point. The government put their full weight into going after these two. The trial broke them. The court costs put them hundreds of thousands of dollars into debt.

    They were forced to plea-bargain. They plead guilty to the charge of, basically, bribery, based on the fact that they had included rubber gloves in shipments of medical supplies to old-folks homes. That was their crime. Because they couldn't afford to fight such a ridiculous charge, they plead guilty.

    Thus, they were branded "felons".

    The judge did the right thing.
    Nice story, but in the end you say "The judge did the right thing." I suppose this entails a complete expungement and the case was thrown out on it's head. If this is not the case, then the plot lies a little deeper than you were willing to expand and "felon" title might just fit. Whatever, the word felon indicates a charge above misdemeanor. One is more serious than the other. I could drag out an example or two like the one you did, of ludicrous felony raps, but most are right on the money!

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Raider,

    As for as inalienable rights are concerned, you seem confused. The Constitution doesn't grant inalienable rights or define them. What it does is to grant and define the priveleges of the government.

    You missed the part of the Constitution, apparently, where it says ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

    That includes voting, whether it's specified or not. Unless, of course, you know anywhere in the Constitution where that inalienable right of the people was surrendered. Since the Constitution establishes a REPUBLICAN form of government, though, I think you'll have a hard time doing so, since it would be a paradox for that to be the case.
    Are you hangin' out with that crazy Bacardi guy that posts here sometimes? The question was about the Declaration of Independence.

    Please reread the discussion that I was addressing to dantechristie! Believe it or not, you just agreed with me, moreso than the fledgeling. OHHHHH dante is going to feel so betrayed, and there's nothing worse than a dantes' scorn!

    The Constitution established a "Republic", not a "Republican form of government". And many of ammendments have been attached that support the rights of individuals.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    I wasn't referring to the judge in this couple's case. I was referring to the judge mentioned in the original post.

    In the case of this couple, they were charged with a "felony" for precisely what I just described. Naturally, if the government hadn't been involved, it would have been laughed out of court. But the government was involved, and it wasn't.

    The judge, and I mean the one mentioned in the original post, did what he should have done. It was the proper thing to do.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Raider
    Are you hangin' out with that crazy Bacardi guy that posts here sometimes? The question was about the Declaration of Independence.
    I'm well aware you were speaking of the Declaration. However, the reason you were doing so was to argue that voting is not an inalienable right (that is, that it is either an alienable right or not a right at all--I'm not sure which). The place to look for that answer is not the Declaration, but the Constitution, as I explained above.

    The Constitution established a "Republic", not a "Republican form of government". And many of ammendments have been attached that support the rights of individuals.
    Ahem...

    "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government..." -- US Constitution, Article IV, Section 4

    Now, debating semantics is pointless enough, but doing so in an attempt to try to convince people you know more about the Constitution than I, when I was actually quoting the Constitution, is really something else.

    Try doing your homework before you feign to speak as though you knew what you were talking about.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I wasn't referring to the judge in this couple's case. I was referring to the judge mentioned in the original post.

    In the case of this couple, they were charged with a "felony" for precisely what I just described. Naturally, if the government hadn't been involved, it would have been laughed out of court. But the government was involved, and it wasn't.

    The judge, and I mean the one mentioned in the original post, did what he should have done. It was the proper thing to do.
    Even more confused :confused: .

    What was the Judges name in the original post?

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quite right. No judge mentioned in the original post. It was the governor. Too much of that wacky tobaccy, maybe?

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nunya
    Posts
    996

    Re: Why LIBERALS LOVE FELONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    I'm well aware you were speaking of the Declaration. However, the reason you were doing so was to argue that voting is not an inalienable right (that is, that it is either an alienable right or not a right at all--I'm not sure which). The place to look for that answer is not the Declaration, but the Constitution, as I explained above.
    Sounds a bit presumptious, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yirmeyahu
    Ahem...

    "The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government..." -- US Constitution, Article IV, Section 4

    Now, debating semantics is pointless enough, but doing so in an attempt to try to convince people you know more about the Constitution than I, when I was actually quoting the Constitution, is really something else.

    Try doing your homework before you feign to speak as though you knew what you were talking about.
    I didn't see it uppercased in the article like you had it pronounced in your post. The ter.m republican in the section/article was descriptive of the phrase republic; not a "REPUBLICAN government". I misunderstood your intent and I stand corrected. Semantics does tend to bog down debate sometimes.

Similar Threads

  1. Liberals push to give vote to felons
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 05:53 PM
  2. ONLY Liberals: 'Rehab Violent Felons With Yoga'!
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:47 PM
  3. Reminder: Liberals LOVE Child Molesters
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 04:57 AM
  4. STUDIEs SHOW: FELONS SMARTER THAN LIBERALS
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 08:55 PM
  5. Terrorists disclose: We LOVE liberals!
    By BVR USA Liaison in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 129, 2001, ???, abolish, accuracy, accurate, accused, act, action, actions, acts, admit, admitted, adult, advance, advertising, advocates, afford, age, ages, agreed, agreement, aide, aims, ain, allegations, allowed, allowing, american, americas, andrew, another, answer, anti, apologize, appears, archive, article, assault, ate, ation, attacked, attorney, authorized, aware, baby, bad, based, basically, bella, bet, better, beverly, bit, blame, blogs, blue, bobby, bombed, boo, bounty, boy, bro, broke, brooks, bur, businessman, button, called, campaign, cannot, care, case, catch, cer, chairman, checking, child, chris, christi, christian, church, citadel, civil, claims, clear, click, clip, coa, college, colorado, commercial, commissioner, commit, community, complete, con, concerned, congressional, congressman, conservative, conservatives, contest, conversation, corp, correct, costs, couldn, country, county, courage, courts, cover, crap, crazy, crim, criminal, criminals, dam, damn, dan, dangerous, date, daughter, david, day, dea, dear, death, debating, decided, defending, defense, democrat, democrats, demons, denied, dennis, denton, department, dept, des, development, didn, difficult, dig, director, discussing, disturbing, doesn, don, donald, dont, don’t, dow, drop, drug, earl, electio, eme, ended, ends, entire, eth, examples, expand, explained, exposing, extreme, false, farce, favor, federal, feel, felon, felons, female, figures, final, finds, fired, five, folks, forever, fra, fred, fully, future, gave, gay, generals, george, george w. bush, girl, girls, give, gli, global, good, gov, governor, governors, gram, grant, great, group, groups, grown, guarantee, guy, had, happiness, hard, head, heard, hell, hey, hillary, his, history, hits, homes, homework, horse, hot, hours, house, housing, howard, html, huge, ial, ian, ice, identify, ime, impeached, important, individuals, inter, involved, involving, ion, isn, issue, item, jack, jail, jeffrey, john, judge, justices, kevin, killer, killers, knew, knock, large, larry, last, lawrence, lead, leaving, lee, legal, lets, liberal, liberals, liberty, light, limits, line, lis, listed, living, local, lol, long, lose, loser, love, luke, mad, major, marine, mark, math, matter, mea, meaningless, medical, medical supplies, mega, mental, mike, million, mind, minnesota, molesters, month, moral, more, morning, need, nervous, nigh, night, nixon, not voting, nov, nude, number, obsessed, office, official, only, ora, oral, order, org, original, page, par, parker, part, party, pas, pastor, paul, paying, pedophile, people, person, pet, peter, philip, photos, picked, place, plea, point, poison, policies, political, politician, por, pos, pose, position, post, posted, poster, posters, posting, posts, power, predators, presiden, presidential, preview, prisoner, privacy, productive, profile, protect, published, pull, punish, punishment, pursuit, question, quote, raped, rapist, rated, rea, read, reality, reason, rehabilitation, related, representative, rescue, resident, response, rest, restorations, restore, richard, ridiculous, rights, robert, robin, roy, run, rush, scott, secretary, section, seem, sen, senate, served, seth, sex, sexual, sexually, ship, sho, simple, simply, site, sol, solved, sometimes, sorry, sounds, speaking, state, stated, states, step, stephen, stop, stories, story, strategist, successful, sul, supply, supporting, supports, suppose, surfaced, surge, surrenders, system, tactic, taken, talk, talking, taste, tea, ted, test, texas, they, thinks, thought, thread, throw, time, times, title, told, tom, tomorrow, tonight, tor, totally, track, treated, trouble, union, united, united states, url, users, verify, vic, vile, vince, viola, viole, violent, virginia, vote, votes, voting, wanted, war, water, welfare, west, whistle, won, wont, worker, working, worse, worst, worthy, wrong, year, years, york, young

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •