+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Susan Brown Investments

Has anyone been contacted by this email? Is this a scam or against the law?

SUSAN BROWN INVESTMENTS
    (Open only to US Citizens and residents)
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Would you like to work online from home temporarily and get paid
    weekly? We are glad to offer you a job position at our company, SUSAN BROWN INVESTMENTS Fabrics & textiles u.k. We need someone to work for the company as a Representative/Book keeper in the USA to assist us
    in processing the payments from our clients and we will pay you a weekly
    salary.

You don�t need to have an Office and this certainly won�t disturb your
    present work that you are doing at the moment. The average monthly income is about $4000.
    * No government's tax on your income.
    * No form of investments from you.
    * This job takes only 1-3 hours per day.
    * This job takes only 3-7 hours per week.

ABOUT THE COMPANY AND THE JOB;
    Our company produces various clothing materials, batiks, assorted
    fabrics and traditional costume. We have customers in ASIA AND EUROPE we distribute our products to.

We just got customers from the usa, who have interest in our
    products and we supply them weekly. Our Buyers (Customers) make payments for our supplies every week in form of Money Orders which are not readily cashable outside the United States or with Certified Cheques.
    It's not an easy thing to start a business in a new market (being the
    US).

We are unable to open Bank Accounts in the United state without first
    registering the company name. There are lots of competitors in the textiles business world and other difficulties, which impede our sales promotion.

We have decided to deliver the products upfront, just to push up sales 25 percent. Thus we need to get payments for our products as soon as possible.

Presently with the amount of Orders we have, we cannot put them on hold for fear of loosing the customers out right. Secondly we cannot cash these payments from the US soon enough, as international Cheques take about 14 working days for cash to be made available. We lose net income each month because we have money transfer delays.

You will not be involved in any sales. We make direct contact for sales of products. Once orders are received and sorted by the company, we deliver the product to the customer (usually through FEDEX). The customer
    receives and checks the products, after which payments is made for the
    products. About 90 percent of our customers prefer to pay through
    Certified Cheques and Money orders based on the amount involved.

Your Full name, Residential Address and Phone Number is needed so we
    can forward it to our clients and they will start making payments to you as the company's Representative in the states.

THE COMPANY WILL FORWARD YOUR INFORMATIONS TO OUR CLIENTS IN THE STATES AND THEY ISSUE PAYMENTS IN FORM OF MONEY ORDERS OR CERTIFIED CHEQUES. THEN SEND IT TO YOU VIA MAIL OR COURIER SERVICE.

YOUR TASK;
    1. Received payment from Customers (payments will be issued in your
    full name)
    2. Deposit the payment in your bank account as this is the only place my company can be insured payments.
    3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
    4. Forward the balance of 90% (all western union or money grame charges
    must be deducted from the company's 90%) to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to. (Payment is to forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer) www.westernunion.com, or www.moneygrame.com. Local Money transfers takes barely hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately.

SALARY;
    You processed 3900 USD.
    You deduct your 10%, which is : 390 USD. First month you will have 9-12 transactions on 3900 USD. So you may calculate your income.
    10 transactions on 3900 USD gives you 3900 USD. Plus your basis
    monthly salary 500 USD. Total: 4400 USD per month. After establishing a close co-operation with us you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn more. Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed in your bank. Deduct your weekly
    salary and forward the balance to the company via western union money
    transfer or money gram money transfer.

We are looking only for the worker who is trust worthy and can provide
    us with his full name and contact address because all payments will be
    issuedout in your name and will be delivered by courier service. Note that
    courier service does not deliver to p.o.box so your residential address is
    highly needed.

We are glad to offer this job position to you. If you feel that you are a serious and earnest worker and you want to work for SUSAN BROWN
    INVESTMENTS Fabrics & textiles u.k., An employment Form would be sent to and you would fill it out and send back via email or fax and you will receive necessary information within 24 hours.

INTERESTED APPLICANTS ONLY SHOULD MAIL US DIRECTLY.

It a worth online part time job provided you are dilligent as you
    perform the work with all honesty.

HOPE TO HAVE A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU. I AWAIT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.

Re: Susan Brown Investments

Its a scam. You'll receive fake checks to take to your bank.

You can find variation of this scam all over th e boards.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

You know....the horrid spelling should be a dead giveaway...
    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Most business try to conduct business in a professional manner. Yes, the spelling should be your first clue.

And, "no governments tax on your income"?? Sounds nice, but......

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    Most business try to conduct business in a professional manner. Yes, the spelling should be your first clue.

And, "no governments tax on your income"?? Sounds nice, but......
    I have to confess...I've been tempted more than once to email one of these scrotes back with a flaming lecture on the importance of spelling...typos are one thing...but bloody hell!
    "At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Any legit business shouldn't have a problem opening up a bank account in another country.. This smells like a rat miles away, just delete the email or better yet forward it to some legal department so they can trace the person and bannish them from the cyber world for good!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendi
    I have to confess...I've been tempted more than once to email one of these scrotes back with a flaming lecture on the importance of spelling...typos are one thing...but bloody hell!

Don't be too harsh though, we all screw up our spelling sometimes.

I said "Most business try to conduct business" Oops, my bust!

(I spelled sometimes wrong the firsttime, hence the edit part)

What are f*uck

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    Don't be too harsh though, we all screw up our spelling sometimes.

I said "Most business try to conduct business" Oops, my bust!

(I spelled sometimes wrong the firsttime, hence the edit part)
    You are forgiven...go sin no more... ;)
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Zendi
    You are forgiven...go sin no more... ;)

No sinning??? I'm a sailor Zen! What the heck else am I suppossed to do with my time?

I knew it, as an office worker, I knew it. I recieved this in a job post board.
    But what is the purpose? Is it identity theft? I need to know, because, I filled out the form, I havent yet sent my id. But they ask everyday.

The job post is grammatically correct, but the personal emails are for ****...

Hi Sandra,
    am happy to hear that you have filled out the form but about the issue of the attachment, please try as much as possible to get it attached and email it to the HR dept so that you can fully be registered anyway with the application form you have filled out you have been guarranty the job offer but you just have to complete it by attaching your i.d so the process can be completed you still have some days to do this and i will be on a look out for it and also see to it that you are enlisted among people who will receive the first set of payment.

make sure you get it done in good time.

Thank you and God Bless
    blessing George
    Last edited by notfooled4716; 03-29-2006 at 01:33 AM.

I knew it, as an office worker, I knew it. I recieved this in a job post board.
    But what is the purpose? Is it identity theft? I need to know, because, I filled out the form, I havent yet sent my id. But they ask everyday.

The job post is grammatically correct, but the personal emails are for ****

I want to send it to the law. Anyone know what to do. I am earnestly seeking work at home. And all I find are scams.

[B]Here is what they said to me:

Hi sandra,
    go ahead, scan and attach the i.d via email this has been the companies rules and we have to oblige with it if you are really sure you will be honest with you duties do that and get back to me you stillnhave some weeks so hurry up and attach it to me.

I will be looking forward to hear from you.
    Marcus Wright

Heres another:

Hi Sandra,
    i understand your concern, but has a high personnel in susan brown investment i am given you my words that there has never been such occurance in any transaction we have done before in the histroy of the company, this online job is an offer that any representative who wants to work for us do it out of will and we do not force anybody to work forthe company. If you think you are not convinced enough i will beg you to pull out but you are going to miss the benefits which i am not in posititon to explain to you until you work for the company and see for you self.

So if you are interested you can go ahead and contact the hrm dept and do what ever he says but if not send me an acknowledgement letter so i can inform the hrm dept and also send a copy to hrm dept.

Thank you God Bless
    Blessing George

HELP
    Last edited by notfooled4716; 03-29-2006 at 01:32 AM.

It's not just the spelling, it is the grammatical errors as well.

I feel so stupid for believing them. I won't again. Ever since I filled out the form I have been searching the net to find a valid company under this name. I even went to UK search.

Then I decided to look under scams, the rest id history.

Quote Originally Posted by solidwork
    Its a scam. You'll receive fake checks to take to your bank.

You can find variation of this scam all over th e boards.
    anyone know of a site where i could post information on high level connected wall street people who comitt tax fraud, insider trading and back dating of documents to avoid taxes, etc.?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by northsalem12
    anyone know of a site where i could post information on high level connected wall street people who comitt tax fraud, insider trading and back dating of documents to avoid taxes, etc.?
    ?
    Shouldn't that be filed to the police? :rolleyes:

Re: work at home e-mails (scams)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello..
    i am getting same email, and he sent me the dup money orders and want me to cash it and let me have 10%, forworth the rest of the money to this woman he sent me. i pretent that i cashed the money and wait for more instructions...i contacted the local police, but don't seem like they really albe to do much with this situation, they said since i have not cashed the money order yet, there is no crime to file....so my questions is to anyone that could help....WHAT CAN I DO TO PUT HIM AWAY?????? he called me several times, i will contact my phone company and get his phone by monday, and that for sure we able to catch him, but the problem i am dealing with is I NEED SOMEONE WITH AUTHORITY TO STEP IN TO CATCH HIM....i don't have time and money to invest in this sob.....so please let me know if someone can help???? below here is all his email and info???

ATTN: Tu Le
    Below is the information needed.
    Western union information Needed:
    Stephanie Petrucci
    233 Coal Street
    Lehighton
    PA,18235
    Tel number: 6106573450
    Send all the funds to her after deducting your 10% and get back to me with all necessary information.

Regards
    Brian Thorpe

--- On Sat 12/02, buddy lee < [email protected] > wrote:

To: [email protected]
    Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:19:48 -0800
    Subject: Re: Urgent!

some reason i tried to wire the money, they said that they can't do the transaction without the current address and phone #. I will get it to her right away when i received the #. thanks.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2006 4:56 AM

Subject: Urgent!

I have just gotten word that one of our agents is currently in the US. Send the funds to her instead. Below is the information needed.
    Western union information Needed:
    Stephanie Petrucci
    233 Coal Street
    Lehighton
    PA,18235
    Send all the funds to her after deducting your 10% and get back to me with all necessary information this morning.
    Regards
    Brian Thorpe

--- On Sat 12/02, Tu P Le < [email protected] > wrote:

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 22:05:23 -0800
    Subject: Re: Information Needed

i received the money orders, cashed, when i tried to wire it to the address you gave me, they said that person is not exist....can you give me some one that live in us, western union person said that it's not safe for me to wire the money to this person, since the address is not shown. please give me more direct instruction.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 2:03 AM

Subject: Information Needed

I would like to know if you received the UPS package yesterday and also the instructions I sent via email. Do get back to with the western union information as soon as possible.
    Regards
    Brian thorpe

ATTN: TU LE
    I have just been informed that a customer has just sent a payment package to you, it was sent via UPS.
    tracking number# 1Z387Y620190580546. Please following the information given to you, Please do not do anything
    outside these Instructions.
    1st: When you receive the Money Orders Go straight to your Bank and cash them. Please cash the Money Orders at
    your Bank and no where else (This is a company policy)
    Secondly: Deduct your amount from the funds , Then Proceed to a nearest Western Union point
    Then western union the funds to these 2 informations below
    Receiver Information you need:

Reciever: Moses Tengey
    Point; Western union
    Country;Accra,Ghana
    West Africa
    zip code;233
    Test question and answer;Favourite Colour: Blue
    Amount: Send $2,500

Reciever: Thompson Mensah
    Point; Western union
    Country;Accra,Ghana
    West Africa
    zip code;233
    Send remaining funds to Thompson Mensah
    Pls email me the MTCN digits as soon as you have sent the funds. The funds must be sent to the following
    individual as soon as you have cashed the Money Order, so it can be used can use to purchase some materials. Make
    sure the Western Union fee is deducted from the company's fund and also you have deducted your amount from the
    money before you send the Funds.

Regards
    Brian Thorpe