+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chandler Hill = Old Bernard Haldane scam company

I've noticed that Bernard Haldane has stopped advertising in "The Arizona Republic," but a company called Chandler Hill has taken its place with the very same type of ads.

From JobFairy.com

"I want to let you know about an employment scam. I have worked with this company since January 7th of this year and have had no results.

I understand that they state 'they are not an employment agency,' but what I paid the money for was that thick book they presented, no less than three times and just up on the shelf, that represented thousands of valid contacts with multiple people in multiple companies across multiple industries.

As of this date I have been provided by Bernard Haldane and Associates five 'contacts' of which two did not exist, one that flatly refused to speak with me, one that after 2 weeks of calling failed to return a single call, and one that met with me only to tell me that they 'only hire those with a minimum of an undergraduate degree or better a master's degree in engineering.' Bernard Haldane was fully aware that, not only do I not have an engineering degree, I have no undergraduate degree let alone a master's degree in engineering.

Putting other issues to the side I believe that the crux of the problem is that they did promise, in writing, that they would supply a book full of 'contacts' for my money. They have not. I am looking into this national fleecing of the unemployed. Yes, we invest in this as it is often times the only 'silver lining' that we are so desperate to find.

The Bernard Haldane Phoenix franchise was recently purchased by 'Chandler Hill,' a former professional rival, and there has been no change in the service.

I thank you for your interest."
    A family friend is going through Chandler Hill's services in Phoenix right now, although they do not seem to know that it is a scam. The ads say at the bottom that it's an "applicant paid service," but I'm sure most people don't know that they'll be paying $7,500 to $10,000 for services that get them a shoddy resume and no job at the end!

There's a sucker born every minute, they say, but it's not right to do this to people. Isn't there some way of getting these companies to shut down? This is just heinous!!!

Re: Chandler Hill = Old Bernard Haldane scam company

Also, you can look up Chandler Hill at Ripoffreport.com to see what others have received in exchange for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by zirchowvii
    I've noticed that Bernard Haldane has stopped advertising in "The Arizona Republic," but a company called Chandler Hill has taken its place with the very same type of ads.

From JobFairy.com

A family friend is going through Chandler Hill's services in Phoenix right now, although they do not seem to know that it is a scam. The ads say at the bottom that it's an "applicant paid service," but I'm sure most people don't know that they'll be paying $7,500 to $10,000 for services that get them a shoddy resume and no job at the end!

There's a sucker born every minute, they say, but it's not right to do this to people. Isn't there some way of getting these companies to shut down? This is just heinous!!!

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THE VERY SAME THING ...... About 3 years ago I had an apointment with them went through their interview process with my husband ( the weirdest thing ever ) and on the second day they told me that their partners had accepted me as a good canidtate and wanted to help me for the small fee of $4200 ... ummm NOT !!! told them that was a lot of money and we did not have it on hand ... then they suggested putting it on several credit cards.... we told them that we needed to discusse it further because it was so much money ... the lady was rather pushy and testy ..... we left with out paying ... they called us a few days later and we told them thank you but NO THANKS !!!!!!

I was at a recruiters office last week and I had asked them about that ... and that I had seen a new ad that looked just like Bernard Haldanes old ad .. she didnt know anything about them because she was from Colorado .. but said to BEWARE of any agency that charges the job hunter......

It's so sad, because the person I know who is using Chandler Hill's "services" right now gets called down to their office every week for "grooming." What the hell is that? This is a person who is retired and had a very professional career prior to visiting Chandler Hill!

This person told Chandler Hill that they wanted a job paying such and such an amount, and Chandler Hill told the person that they could get them at least $20,000 more on top of that if they would come down and get groomed and prepared to go through their lessons every week. I can't be totally sure, but I think they pay extra for the weekly grooming on top of the regular price!

So many people get conned so easily.

I hate thinking that you can't trust anyone anymore.

Their Back! They are hitting Atlanta too. I have alot of people that have been ripppped. I lost $3,000. I have an attorney who wants to do a National Class Action, want to join or help? Total scam and ripped off!!
    Too much loss so IRS will have to take the job hunting "fee" and they are investigating. DGM

Re: Chandler Hill = Old Bernard Haldane scam compa

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT THE VERY SAME THING ......

(link removed by mod)

Sentersoftech

:spin2:
    Last edited by No_Moron_Here; 02-12-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: link removed

It's a shame that in this current economy you have vultures like Chandler Hill charging $7,000 or more from innocent victims to supposedly find them jobs when in reality they are con-artists. Once you hand over the money to Chandler Hill they will have you attend bogus classes at their plush office paid for by you and other poor victims like you or have bogus phone interviews to "groom you." People have to remember that they pay lawyers to loosely write a contract and it's not what they say but what they write in their contract. Unfortunately, they have been getting away with it so far maybe due to the way their contracts are written, but they are a scam for sure! Don't get suckered into their lies. One of my family members did, and they are extremely upset at this point because they have two small children and paid $7,000 for nothing - empty promises. They could have used that $7,000 for food, utilities, and paying their mortgage for months, etc. Plus, another thing to remember is once you hand someone money before they have delivered the goods (the job), they have no incentive to ever get you a job. Typically, when a recruiter finds you a job, the employer pays the recruiter a fee for you. You don't pay the recruiter to find you an employer. That is a red flag right there.

8. 06-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Reason
    seems to be one-liners to display his ad in signature - if you find anything valuable in all of it, you can un-delete.

I signed up with Chandler Hill Partners back in June 04 after my position was eliminated. I paid $6,500 with a retainer of $3,500 down and $3,000 due 90 days after I accept a position. I visited with 3 other firms that provide job search assistance. Bernard Haldane was one of the firms I met with. I compared the fees and the services and went with Chandler Hill. I never had an expectation that they were some kind of job fairy and they would call one day and tell me where I now work. I don't believe the posts above are from clients. My experience was nothing but professional. Maybe you are not accustom to paying for professional services. They assisted me with guidance and the tools to transition my skills into another industry. I can't tell you how valuable their service was for me. You would have to experience it for yourself. (Thanks A.L. for your commitment and dedication to my career). I expected that my search would take 6 to 8 months. I had already been trying it on my own for 3. It took 10 months for me to penetrate the industry and find a position that met all my career goals. I didn't find a job I found a new career. When you use a service to help you with a job search you need to have realistic expectations. The other firms I met with were career coaches they charged by the hour ranging from $250 to $400. My contract with CHP was for 3 years my fee breaks down to $180 per month. The "Career Coach" wanted $1,800 to create my resume and cover letter. With CHP I had 6 Resumes specific to each industry I was targeting and they wrote 30+ different letters that I sent to professionals to establish a new network in an industry that I had none. In my first 4 months I met two to three times a week for an hour each time with my campaign manager. I think the fee I paid was more than fair for the service I received. If you don't have the means to pay for a service that doesn't make that company a scam. I never felt preyed upon or mislead. The contract is two pages in large font. With the guidance from my campaign manager I negotiated a $4,500 sign on bonus with my new employer. I paid the $3,000 balance to CHP and bought a new suit. I would of never had even thought to ask for a sign on bonus. It's amazing what we leave on the table.

Re: Chandler Hill = HOUSTON SCAM

Before joining Chandler-Hill as a client Mr. Vargo stated that they have the Fortune 1000 companies in the Houston area as corporate clients as well as other major companies. He stated that they would be able to place me in a career position in 30-45 days making $100,000 plus per year, easily, especially with my experience and profile. My 'profile' results showed that only 3% of the people in the country matched my qualifications and profile and that I would be in high demand. He stated that they were charging me the smallest fee possible based on how quickly they would be able to find me a position. He stated that my profile/resume would be sent to all their corporate clients however when asked for proof of this I was given none.
    Chandler Hill teaches/trains its' ‘employee’ clients NOT to use the job placement websites or to send your resume to the HR departments, they claim it is a waste of time, yet that is all they do. After nearly 60 days Jon Vargo stated that he would personally get involved and 'reach out' to his contacts and corporate partners on my behalf. After 2 week he failed to do so or prove otherwise. In fact he would not respond to ANY of my emails asking what companies he spoke to on my behalf.
    Their 'professional resume writers' don’t really do anything. They make you fill out all kinds of 'assignments' and the software automatically fills in a word document to write the resume. If you ask to have them ‘spice up’ your resume with industry key words they tell you “no, we don’t do that”. Your case manager really only has meetings with you to get you to sign paperwork stating that they are doing their job. If you question them on how they are assisting you the make up excuses and tell you that they can’t move to the next step until you sign the paperwork saying they are doing their job. When I asked to see a list of their ‘Corporate Clients’ or a list of non-search engine positions that they knew about, my case manager got VERY mad at me and YELLED at me and tried to terminate my contract with them. They do not actively assist you in finding a job. Their website and paperwork states one thing but their sales people and case manager verbally tell you anything to keep you coming back and paying them.

They rush you through the process and in and out their door as quickly as possible. After nearly 2 month I have yet to receive a call from anyone that Chandler-Hill supposedly submitted my resume to nor have received a legitimate led from their 'exclusive client list'. The only positions that they have submitted my information for have been found through job search engines, not through their 'exclusive client list'.

I have followed up with all of the companies that Chandler Hill stated that they submitted my resume/information to and half have responded back to me. Half of them responded back to me and have never received my information nor heard of me or Chandler Hill. The positions and companies that the claimed to have submitted my information to never received anything from them. These were valid positions that I could have applied for but since Chandler Hill said that they were submitting for me I did not apply.

I am unemployed and I wasted $5000.00 of what was left of my savings with this firm based upon verbal promises of employment within 30-45 days. Someone needs to expose them and stop other people from falling for this scam!

It is the verbal promises and sales tactics that can't be traced that makes them a scam.

I've had the same experience as most of the above messages with Haldane in Dec 2004. They took $4800, saw me and gave me a notebook, then after about 3 "training" sessions, I arrived for my appointment and they and their furniture were moved out of the office! I returned a few more times, thinking it might be for cleaning purposes or something, but they never returned. I searched and found their headquarters for the Pacific Northwest in Canada, I contacted them and got no reply. I contacted another head office, and of course I got no reply. It is a scam, duh!! If there is a class action law suit, how can I join? Also, how can we get this information out to other unsuspecting innocent people? Where are people looking for work most likely to look where we can speak out? or do we need to wait until we get a legitimate suit going?

Anyone who is reading this needs to understand that this is a complete scam. Bernard Haldane > Sterling Hightower > Chandler Hill Partners. They are all the same thing.

Even the Federal Trade Commission warns us about these types of scams.

http://ftc.gov/multimedia/video/scam...ms_eileen.shtm

Everyone needs to post this link everywhere they can to warn others.

Also, report them to the FTC and the BBB

Quote Originally Posted by NYCLawyer57 View Post
    If you don't have the means to pay for a service that doesn't make that company a scam.
    1). Legitimate recruiters are paid by the company that hires, not by the job seeker. I know, I've used them to find candidates. They charge a LOT more money than what the scam artists are charging desperate job seekers, usually a percentage of the person's final salary.

2). Several people in this thread obviously DID "have the means" to pay the scammers, which is unfortunate, because if they are unemployed it was probably very difficult.

I suspect you're not really a satisfied customer, but a scammer yourself.

And just FYI, you really don't need a recruiter... with the Internet you can do just as well for yourself. There are almost never any "hidden" or unadvertised jobs out there that some recruiter is going to magically know about. If you can't write a resume, sure, spend a few hundred dollars and have one written for you, but NEVER pay a recruiter!

Re: Chandler Hill = HOUSTON SCAM

[With regard to my previous complaint about chandler hill. The company has responded to my concerns and we have been able to reach a resolution that is satisfactory to me ss/P.Collins

quote=pcollins;861709]Before joining Chandler-Hill as a client Mr. Vargo stated that they have the Fortune 1000 companies in the Houston area as corporate clients as well as other major companies. He stated that they would be able to place me in a career position in 30-45 days making $100,000 plus per year, easily, especially with my experience and profile. My 'profile' results showed that only 3% of the people in the country matched my qualifications and profile and that I would be in high demand. He stated that they were charging me the smallest fee possible based on how quickly they would be able to find me a position. He stated that my profile/resume would be sent to all their corporate clients however when asked for proof of this I was given none.
    Chandler Hill teaches/trains its' ‘employee’ clients NOT to use the job placement websites or to send your resume to the HR departments, they claim it is a waste of time, yet that is all they do. After nearly 60 days Jon Vargo stated that he would personally get involved and 'reach out' to his contacts and corporate partners on my behalf. After 2 week he failed to do so or prove otherwise. In fact he would not respond to ANY of my emails asking what companies he spoke to on my behalf.
    Their 'professional resume writers' don’t really do anything. They make you fill out all kinds of 'assignments' and the software automatically fills in a word document to write the resume. If you ask to have them ‘spice up’ your resume with industry key words they tell you “no, we don’t do that”. Your case manager really only has meetings with you to get you to sign paperwork stating that they are doing their job. If you question them on how they are assisting you the make up excuses and tell you that they can’t move to the next step until you sign the paperwork saying they are doing their job. When I asked to see a list of their ‘Corporate Clients’ or a list of non-search engine positions that they knew about, my case manager got VERY mad at me and YELLED at me and tried to terminate my contract with them. They do not actively assist you in finding a job. Their website and paperwork states one thing but their sales people and case manager verbally tell you anything to keep you coming back and paying them.

They rush you through the process and in and out their door as quickly as possible. After nearly 2 month I have yet to receive a call from anyone that Chandler-Hill supposedly submitted my resume to nor have received a legitimate led from their 'exclusive client list'. The only positions that they have submitted my information for have been found through job search engines, not through their 'exclusive client list'.

I have followed up with all of the companies that Chandler Hill stated that they submitted my resume/information to and half have responded back to me. Half of them responded back to me and have never received my information nor heard of me or Chandler Hill. The positions and companies that the claimed to have submitted my information to never received anything from them. These were valid positions that I could have applied for but since Chandler Hill said that they were submitting for me I did not apply.

I am unemployed and I wasted $5000.00 of what was left of my savings with this firm based upon verbal promises of employment within 30-45 days. Someone needs to expose them and stop other people from falling for this scam!

It is the verbal promises and sales tactics that can't be traced that makes them a scam.[/quote]

This company actually runs a legit business... sorry if you ran into a problem but they have a lot of satisfied customers.
    Sincerely,
    HFrinkle

These people need to be stopped!
    Is there any chance of us getting a class action lawsuit going against them?

The person I dealt with at the Dallas office seems to have a history of being involved in scams similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by hfrinkle View Post
    This company actually runs a legit business... sorry if you ran into a problem but they have a lot of satisfied customers.
    Really?
    Where are these satisfied customers?
    Are you talking about the testimonials on their website? I can assure you they would never post my testimonial as it is truthful and honest.