+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Metarewards' Changes

It seems that Metarewards is cracking down on eligibility standards. Thanks to Jay Shaw, we've learned that MR has added to its t.erms that if you've received a gift from RewardsVenue, you cannot receive one from YourBestRewards, and if you've received a gift from ExclusiveRewards, you cannot receive one from TheRewardsCenter. This is huge. This changes everything as we knew it.

I've checked other MR sites (Yourgiftfinder, Yourbillspaid, VacationVenue, TherewardsDepot, and RewardsGiveaway) and did not find any restrictions. Toptiergifts has a restriction that you cannot receive a gift if you already received one from Topfreegifts, but this is becoming a mute issue because Topfreegifts is out of service. Sooner or later, I am sure all MR sites will have further restrictions.

Also, I believe it was Forest that was denied his/her gift after being accused of violating the MR's t.erms. I am not certain what the exact violation was. Forest, please post details of what occured so that we can all learn from it. I know that many people, including myself, have done offers more than once on MR sites. Was that your situation, or was it more than that?

Bottom line: Read the t.erms of each site as you do them. We can no longer take it for granted that all MR sites have the same t.erms.

Re: Metarewards' Changes

Thanks for starting another great thread Jeannine and thanks to Jay Shaw for finding the new t.erms! This is a very alarming rule change. Now if MR would stop sending me spam for their other gift sites.

I certainly hope this doesn't spread to the YF sites too.

Also, as many of you know, you can go to www.giftquestion.com to view your master Metareward account. This account will show every offer you have ever clicked on and/or recieved credit for through any Metarewards website. This will come in handy when you are trying to remember what offers and sites you have already done with MR.

Goiod info Jeannine. Why are we saying t.erms tho? Is this so that its not found on SE?

Quote Originally Posted by Airkat
    Goiod info Jeannine. Why are we saying t.erms tho? Is this so that its not found on SE?
    We are saying t.erms because if you write out "that" word correctly, this board will default the text to that stupid little annoying picture. Let me demonstrate: terms

Ok, consumergain is metarewards?! I did not expect to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannine111
    We are saying t.erms because if you write out "that" word correctly, this board will default the text to that stupid little annoying picture. Let me demonstrate: terms

haha looks liek they blanked it out all together lol. BTW, that was your 666th post.. dun dun dunnnn

It seems that Metarewards is cracking down on eligibility standards. Thanks to Jay Shaw, we've learned that MR has added to its t.erms that if you've received a gift from RewardsVenue, you cannot receive one from YourBestRewards, and if you've received a gift from ExclusiveRewards, you cannot receive one from TheRewardsCenter. This is huge. This changes everything as we knew it.

I've checked other MR sites (Yourgiftfinder, Yourbillspaid, VacationVenue, TherewardsDepot, and RewardsGiveaway) and did not find any restrictions. Toptiergifts has a restriction that you cannot receive a gift if you already received one from Topfreegifts, but this is becoming a mute issue because Topfreegifts is out of service. Sooner or later, I am sure all MR sites will have further restrictions.

Also, I believe it was Forest that was denied his/her gift after being accused of violating the MR's t.erms. I am not certain what the exact violation was. Forest, please post details of what occured so that we can all learn from it. I know that many people, including myself, have done offers more than once on MR sites. Was that your situation, or was it more than that?

Bottom line: Read the t.erms of each site as you do them. We can no longer take it for granted that all MR sites have the same t.erms.
    Signing up for Ao.....more than once will get you in trouble! They will wait until you send in your w 9 form and everything, making you think you'll get your gift and you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by xstr8guy
    Thanks for starting another great thread Jeannine and thanks to Jay Shaw for finding the new t.erms! This is a very alarming rule change. Now if MR would stop sending me spam for their other gift sites.

I certainly hope this doesn't spread to the YF sites too.
    Heh. I found the YourBestRewards one myself, but it was TXCBL who initially tipped me off to the issue by telling me about the clause in the TheRewardsCenter member agreement (after MetaReward used the clause as an excuse to close another person's TRC account, no less). I noticed the one in TopTierGifts, as well, but I didn't know how relevant it was since TopFreeGifts is no longer around.

--Jay

Thanks for all of your detective work, everybody. I was just about to start ExclusiveRewards, and I've just finished TRC. Just in the nick of time...

gosh and i was thinking about maybe 2 or 3 of these offers from this company, but since they don't want us to do 2-3-4-of these websites then i guess i will only do one. I hope these websites aren't cracking down on the laws before I can get 3 more of those $500 gift cards from nui tech while they're semi-easy. man, i passed the 444 point with this message.
    Marge: My name is Marge S. and I'm a Homerholic
    Otto: If you're taking Homerhol, I'll take a swig
    Marge: I'm afraid what I like can't be swallowed, sniffed or smoked
    Otto: Hmm, then you better inject it between my toes cause my mom checks my arms

Gecko Insurance
    So easy, someone barely smarter than Sarah Palin can do it!:

Quote Originally Posted by mike42tv
    Thanks for all of your detective work, everybody. I was just about to start ExclusiveRewards, and I've just finished TRC. Just in the nick of time...
    Mike, your statement is really the question of the day. Exclusiverewards does NOT have any exclusions in its t.erms regarding the participation in other websites. TRC excludes previous participants of ER, yet ER does NOT exclude participants of TRC. The same imbalance applies to RewardsVenue and YourBestRewards. Some of the other Meta companies that I mentioned in my above post don't have any exclusions at all. I am going to email Metarewards and get a clarification (if they can muster up the brain power to clarify) on this. If you can do ER cheaply, I would say go for it. Print out their current t.erms in case they change on you mid-stream. I can't see how they could deny you a gift from E.R when the t.erms don't mention anything about TRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Shaw
    Heh. I found the YourBestRewards one myself, but it was TXCBL who initially tipped me off to the issue by telling me about the clause in the TheRewardsCenter member agreement (after MetaReward used the clause as an excuse to close another person's TRC account, no less). I noticed the one in TopTierGifts, as well, but I didn't know how relevant it was since TopFreeGifts is no longer around.

--Jay
    TXCBL is my new hero.

I am going to email Metarewards and get a clarification (if they can muster up the brain power to clarify) on this.
    Yeah, good luck with that... ;)

I just check on my account with www.giftquestion.com and I notice I had this and approved "CoolSavings_TRD (3rd party lead gen)" Does anyone know what this is?

A big thanks, JKU

Mike, your statement is really the question of the day. Exclusiverewards does NOT have any exclusions in its t.erms regarding the participation in other websites. TRC excludes previous participants of ER, yet ER does NOT exclude participants of TRC. The same imbalance applies to RewardsVenue and YourBestRewards. Some of the other Meta companies that I mentioned in my above post don't have any exclusions at all. I am going to email Metarewards and get a clarification (if they can muster up the brain power to clarify) on this. If you can do ER cheaply, I would say go for it. Print out their current t.erms in case they change on you mid-stream. I can't see how they could deny you a gift from E.R when the t.erms don't mention anything about TRC.
    Oooooh. Interesting. I can do ER for <$20, so I might as well go for it.