+ Reply to Thread

Christianity no long default religion

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?P...naUpdateID=324

The Barna group did a survey and found that "50% of the adults interviewed agreed that Christianity is no longer the faith that Americans automatically accept as their personal faith."

However, "By an overwhelming margin - 74% to 23% - adults agreed that their religious faith was becoming even more important to them than it used to be as a source of objective and reliable moral guidance."

"four out of every ten Americans (39%) who do not affiliate with Christianity also said their faith has increasing influence on their moral judgments."

"By a three to one margin (71% to 26%) adults noted that they are personally more likely to develop their own set of religious beliefs than to accept a comprehensive set of beliefs taught by a particular church."

The survey also showed that about 61% of Born Again Christians also followed the pick and choose method of practicing their reiligion.

Pretty interesting stuff I follow the a la cart path myself and follow what ever feels right to me.
    It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
    -HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Re: Christianity no long default religion

"follow what ever feels right"!?guess bin laden is doing the same thing!?or am i missing something here!?i wonder what doojie would have to say about this!?does it conflict/agree with his "no decision path to god"!?interestingly enough this somehow feels related to my puzzlement/objection to the story of the unwillingness to fight by arjuna in the bagavad gita and his being urged on by krishna!?:freak3: :judges::spin2: : hehe!!....just askn..
    Last edited by lexx; 02-04-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post

Pretty interesting stuff I follow the a la cart path myself and follow what ever feels right to me.

WHAT FEELS RIGHT?!

:judges:

THE CHRISTIANS FEEL THAT GOD IS IN THEIR HEART!
    You have a brain. use it!
    Religion is a scam. And so is the intent of your existance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post

The Barna group did a survey and found that "50% of the adults interviewed agreed that Christianity is no longer the faith that Americans automatically accept as their personal faith."

However, "By an overwhelming margin - 74% to 23% - adults agreed that their religious faith was becoming even more important to them than it used to be as a source of objective and reliable moral guidance."

"four out of every ten Americans (39%) who do not affiliate with Christianity also said their faith has increasing influence on their moral judgments."

"By a three to one margin (71% to 26%) adults noted that they are personally more likely to develop their own set of religious beliefs than to accept a comprehensive set of beliefs taught by a particular church."

The survey also showed that about 61% of Born Again Christians also followed the pick and choose method of practicing their reiligion.

This is all proof that we are in the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    "follow what ever feels right"!?guess bin laden is doing the same thing!?or am i missing something here!?i wonder what doojie would have to say about this!?does it conflict/agree with his "no decision path to god"!?interestingly enough this somehow feels related to my puzzlement/objection to the story of the unwillingness to fight by arjuna in the bagavad gita and his being urged on by krishna!?:freak3: :judges::spin2: : hehe!!....just askn..

"What feels right" is simply what feels right, and can have no actual objective relationship to truth, except as it might occasionally match truth in some context.

Since there exists no provable decision procedure to get from "here" to "God", Whatever feels right would be as good a guide as any, provided you harm no other.

Curiously, following your own path is also a concept a guy named Jesus taught. He said, Wide is the path that leads to destruction, and many there be that enter there at. And narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that enter there.

It's pretty simple, most will follow a wide path cut by some organized religion, and because that organization's goal is to promote itself, the individual who enters that organization is destroyed. They begin to become a robot, or clone, that follows that religion's set of rules thereby losing their own individuality. They let the organization direct their thinking for them, instead of directing their own thinking.

The wide path is following any organized religion.

Following that narrow path is going it your own way. It is narrow because you are the only one on it. And once you are alone, without some religious organization to guide you, you will find the true nature of God(which the guy Jesus said, is the nature of your Father), and know that he created you just the way he wanted you. You can be alive here in this life, without believing all the evil things that organized religion says about you to bring you under their control.

I would say Bin Laden wasn't following his own version of life and God, but some version some religion grotesquely painted him of life and God. Religions all paint God as some tyranical being looking to destroy someone. It is absurb once you know it is not true.

And as far as Terryp saying you can tell it is the last days by people following their own way, well, thank God. The first days were horrible days of being judged according to some law that no one was able to keep, the last days are when God is at peace with mankind, not holding their tresspasses against them.

Just as in the old and new covenant. The old- when tears are shed because of failing to be like God.

The new- when God wipes away our tears because he reveals we are like him, we are his children, all of us.

There are many who do not believe we are all his children, so they act in ways according to what they believe, which are usually, if not always, destructive. There are many who believe they can do something to become a child of God. That's silly. Doesn't even nature teach us that children are made by the parents, not of themselves.

If more people are abandoning organized religions, I believe it is a great thing, not a sad or fearful thing. It's called evolution. The future is wide open. The destruction that religion preaches only makes since to come from the one who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy. And he is the one being exposed, to not see it, you must go to one of the houses of darkness. And if you don't know where one is, keep your eyes toward the skies, you will eventually see a steeple that will guide you to itself. You will probably have to wait until sunday to get in though.
    whack it:judges:

goodomen9 is offline Silver Scams Member User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    This is all proof that we are in the last days.
    No this is proof people are looking for a higher understanding badly.

Quote Originally Posted by goodomen9 View Post
    No this is proof people are looking for a higher understanding badly.
    is this an egotestical debate!? :freak3: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you