+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Bush Could By Pass New Torture Ban. In Other Words: I AM KING.

Quote Originally Posted by USNavySubSailor
    Hey, whats going on in Crane these days? My dad used to be the PostMaster in Solsberry, if you know where that is. He lives in Bloomfield. I've been to Crane a few times. The last time I was there, I pulled up to the gate, no guard. We went to the exchange, the lady checked my ID only because she hadn't seen me in there before. I thought, wow, what a small base! I grew up in Muncie, never even knew it existed.
    I've been on 2 boomers, the Alaska and Alabama, also a couple fast boats, the Jimmy Carter was my last boat. I'm on shore duty now, waiting to retire. Work at Comsubgru 9, in the comm center. I've had enough, can't wait to retire! Take care of yourself and enjoy those long ass cold Indiana winters!
    Yeah, there are tiered levels of security to Crane. I'm stuck behind a desk, helping design new countermeasures. Actually, I like it a lot. Technology's getting so small now we're getting to the point where we can design a dumb flash countermeasure (in grenade-esque form for land use) for incoming Stinger missiles.

So, for any of you right-wingers out there who doubt my support of our troops and my patriotism I could legitimately ask "What have you done for our troops lately?"

When I served I was on the Thomas C Hart and a blur of other frigates. Right before they replaced asroc and maybe exocet missiles (not sure about those).

[QUOTE=DeeDee1965]:) Hello and Welcome, USNavySubSailor.

Can I call you 'USNavy' for short? :D LOL

I see what you are saying. In light of all the shenanigans of this administration, trying to find ways of circumventing, and ignoring, the Constitution, I think that saying one is going to support a bill that at first, they tried to stop. And then finding a "loophole" to allow them to ignore the same bill they signed into law, looks like a lie to me.

Sure, call me anything you like. I'm a radioman, so I'm definitely into brevity.
    I still don't consider this a lie. I call this politics. If President Bush tries to deny this, then I'll consider it a lie.

Banning US aid to International groups that mention abortion as a family planning option. The list goes on and on, since 2001.

Because we are living in a time we have not seen since W.W.II, it does not give President Bush the right to ignore the Constitution, The Geneva Conventions, and International laws. I think because the times are so precarious, it is incumbent upon us to be more careful, and circumspect in our actions.

I agree with you here. This goes for all of us, not just the President. I think this is especially true for the Supreme Court.

If my family was in trouble, you better believe I might break the law in order to protect them. But that is in my life, with my family, as a private citizen. And I would have to suffer the consequences for my actions. As President, I cannot and must not, make decisions based on my personal feelings.

I disagree with you here also. I do agree that the law should always be the guide, but personal feelings almost always play a part when a President (or anyone else for that matter) makes a decision. If personal feelings didn't count, then their would be no need for debate, no need for 2 parties, this board, etc etc. Would we even need a Supreme Court to interpret the Constitution? What do you think Hillary Clinton's personal feelings about guns are? Should it matter? The 2nd amendment does say we have a right to keep and bear arms. But you know as well as I do gun owners will take a beating if she is ever elected. She'll do everything she possibly can to make it difficult to legally own a gun. Laws will be twisted, the 2nd ammendment will be put to the test, etc etc. Based on what? The law? NO! Personal feelings! You can debate the merits of gun ownership all you want, thats not the question. The question is do personal feelings affect decision making. They always have and they always will!

Quote Originally Posted by ianmatthews
    Yeah, there are tiered levels of security to Crane. I'm stuck behind a desk, helping design new countermeasures. Actually, I like it a lot. Technology's getting so small now we're getting to the point where we can design a dumb flash countermeasure (in grenade-esque form for land use) for incoming Stinger missiles.

So, for any of you right-wingers out there who doubt my support of our troops and my patriotism I could legitimately ask "What have you done for our troops lately?"

When I served I was on the Thomas C Hart and a blur of other frigates. Right before they replaced asroc and maybe exocet missiles (not sure about those).
    Ian,
    Do you guys actually read all the ordinance messages you get from the fleet? Hahaha, or do you just delete them? I can't make any sense out of any of that stuff!
    You are definitely in a beautiful part of the state. I believe Crane is where they get the wood for the Uss Constitution. Some of the Amish in the area log it the old fashioned way. I couldn't stand the winters though! Do you know where Yoho's store is? Just wondering if it is still there. The last time I was there, they still had food on the shelf from the 60's!
    I appreciate your service (even though you served on a target!!!). I'm not sure about the asrocs/exocets, the only ordinance I know are the MK48's.